It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackie Chan's Anti-Americanism: "America is the most corrupt country in the world!"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I live in spain (though I'm not spanish) and I'm continually criticizing the level of corruption here to my spanish mates....and they generally just nod and agree with me.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
well.... i live in and was born in usa as were my parents and their parents and if jackie chan actually said usa is the most corrupt country in the world, he's absolutely right 100 percent. and for all you guys that are saying get out if you don't like it. I give you a well placed BITE ME. sorry now go ahead and bash me, it doesnt phase me one bit.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

Since that's how Jackie Chan feels, why doesn't he get out of the USA and stay out!

www.examiner.com...
edit on Sat Jan 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

He still lives in china. Unlike piers Morgan the hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Since when was being honest a bad thing?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is not anti-American...its very American actually (speak your mind).
But its not truth either. There are many, many, many nations far more corrupt than the US...however, we do have a lot of corruption. I could give a laundry list, but meh, that's not the point of the thread. The only issue with the quote is the word "most"..when it should simply state America has a lot of corruption and should be ashamed of that..the people should demand better, etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
With all due respect, during the Opium wars one of the issues was that China could not reproduce that plant within there own territory. How is that possible when Opium grows naturally in Afghanistan, a country that boarders China.

The truth is that China today is really upset about that....You see the citizens on thier side of the boarder with respect to Afganistan (in China)are predominantly Moslem.

The United States has only existed for 236 years how could they possibly be more currupt???

Any thoughts?
edit on 12-1-2013 by Kashai because: added comtent

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Im guessing two things here, firstly your American.....and secondly your not to keen on JC?
Am I right?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
What a hypocrite.

If he’s not bashing the USA - he’s bashing China.

Chan said the problem with Chinese youth is that "they like other people's things. They don't like their own things."

He’s been at this - attacking both sides and then using them against each other - for years.

I repeat - what a hypocrite.

Jackie Chan Says 'Chinese Need to Be Controlled'

peace

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Why is this thread still going?

Jackie Chan had an opinion in a country that upholds freedom of speech as being their shining light.

End of thread - and anyone who says otherwise is a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

It's not ironic.
How do you know China is more corrupt. I think I would consider the US more corrupt because of what it is SUPPOSED to be. You can expect China to be corrupt, but what the US is supposed to be as opposed to what it is, THAT is what makes it the most corrupt.

There is nothing ironic about him moving here and making money in movies. I think Jackie Chan is probably a good guy, and he has lived here long enough to know corruption just the same as you and I.

I am seeing a lot of prejudice and xenophobia in this thread. The only reason it even exists is because the guy that said it is from China.. if it was a white guy no one would even care.

The fact is.. Jackie Chan is right, and he may not be welcome to say what he wants in your version of this free country (there's some actual irony), but I'm fine with him being here, I support him in saying whatever he wants.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Most governments in the world are corrupted,with maybe the exception of Scandinavian countries which are probably less corrupt.... Some people show their true color when the times are though and it is hard to make ends meet....Morality,kindness,mutual rights,respect,etc ,do not apply,when there is no job, no security and no hope in a society...I don't think America is the most corrupted country in the world,but witnessing the events taking place there and the way economy is going,this seems not too unrealistic in a 10 years period.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
lol Thats old news Jackie

every man and his dog knows the usa is circling the drain of corruption

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

since when stating the truth is being "anti"? Anyway you know the deep # your country is in and cant deny it. If you do its just a pitiful attempt of your ego to defend the shameful state you are in.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigercat1971
Im guessing two things here, firstly your American.....and secondly your not to keen on Jackie Chan?
Am I right?

That hypocrite and liar Jackie Chan means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me.

However, the 1st amendment, its uses and ABUSES, as well as civilisation's time honored tradition and unwrittem LAW OF HOSPITALITY matters MUCH MORE to me, and I am sure, to ALL humanity as well.

The insignificant nobody me only contributed and shared insights, as is my Freedom as well, to this topic based solely on that premise, and nothing else.

Enough is enough with america bashing. It is ok to criticize, as some may be ignorant or misled, but just do not abuse that freedom to speak by being dishonest to oneself and to others, espacially ones whom have a brain such as that hypocrite liar jackie chan and the limey anti-american ingrate piers morgan.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Only thing that comes to mind is don’t shoot the messenger.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That's a pretty ballsy attitude of him considering he's made a fortune here.Think Hollywood and the government can't blackball him and end his career?Ever hear of Charlie Chaplin?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
He should have chosen his words more carefully. I had "Liked" his Facebook page and enjoyed his movies, but alas i had to "unlike" him. TAKE THAT Jackie Chan!! I still envy how he gets to play with Pandas though.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I like Jackie because of his abilities and movies, not for his political views.. Besides, I and just about everyone on ATS has bashed our government (usa) and all other governments.. Whats the big deal?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Calling a spade a spade is not Anti American. I am an American and I agree that our Country is very very very very corrupt. The most corrupt is up for debate, but it is corrupt none the less. It makes no difference to what degree.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
That's a pretty ballsy attitude of him considering he's made a fortune here.Think Hollywood and the government can't blackball him and end his career?Ever hear of Charlie Chaplin?

Jackie Chan was a massive movie star way before he came to America.

Jackie Chan has made many movies never even released in America. He is internationally massive.

If America never let Jackie Chan films be shown there ever again, it would matter as much as the digger would be hurt by running over Arthur Dent. I.E. not at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join