It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackie Chan's Anti-Americanism: "America is the most corrupt country in the world!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
These 3 statements are all true and do not contradict one another.

1. I love America with all of my heart.
2. I have no desire to live anywhere else.
3. The American government is corrupt.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

lol China in its current state will never lead the world. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

The truth hurts. Once I saw America as the bastion for Freedom. Now when I think about your country all is see is blood on the hands of a corrupt goverment of immoral bastards who have sold their souls and are even bigger sheep than the German people was during the second world war.

I am in America on the arbitrary Earth map system.
And guess what?

The truth never felt better. No truth no matter how horrid or unwanted, is great and wonderful because living in a lie is worse than knowing the worst truth.

I can handle the cold harsh reality of existence. How else will we learn the right path in life if we don't accept the obvious truth laying right in front of our faces?

And we can handle it if someone says something that isn't true. we'll figure it out eventually, it may take years but the inevitable eventuates.

The media lies in every single story to me every day, and its blatantly obvious.
I tolerate that utter filth quite well I must say.
Also ignoring it does wonders if it becomes upsetting, we can choose to ignore it.

It's so awesome knowing the truth.
All of these problems in life begin to wash away because you find they were made up outta no where.

But a real problem we have is people not realizing the full extent of why unpopular speech must be protected.
Nationality isn't even an issue in this scale of debate on human civil right # 1. Applies to all humanity.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Def Youth
These 3 statements are all true and do not contradict one another.

1. I love America with all of my heart.
2. I have no desire to live anywhere else.
3. The American government is corrupt.

Without #3 I would think of you as a fake.

But with # 3? I think you may have actually figured this out.

4. You are a fine American, even if you aren't from here at all.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters
You were once the beacon of hope for the world

I have seen this statement a number of times.
Usually by someone who is expressing disdain for the US.
I'm curious as to what the other 6.7 billion people in the world are doing about this at this point in time.
Does the rest of the planet ever plan on becoming a beacon of anything?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Thomas Jefferson owned nearly 600 slaves and raped them. I don't care what he did to the national bank, he was a POS and definitely not a "real American"

People need to stop worshiping the "founding fathers", most were absolute elitist trash..

And Andrew Jackson had a policy of genocide against native Americans, also owned slaves too, another POS.

edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i'll never understand this kinda stuff i mean anyone and everyone in business or entertainment comes here to become uber rich and usually succeed because we eat garbage up like it's mothers-milk and even though our economy is in the gutter we still find a way to make ridiculous, talentless schmucks filthy rich.

if anyone is sick of this, it's an easy fix.. don't be stupid and don't fall for trends and fad's.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Agreed have you seen killing them softly? Brad Pitt sums it up well here.

Jackie Cogan: My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint because he wrote the words 'All men are created equal', words he clearly didn't believe since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He's a rich white snob who's sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So, yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for those words while he sat back and drank his wine and had intercourse with his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community? Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now Bloomin' pay me.

Edited so I don't get banned

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Thomas Jefferson owned nearly 600 slaves and raped them. I don't care what he did to the national bank, he was a POS and definitely not a "real American"

People need to stop worshiping the "founding fathers", most were absolute elitist trash..

And Andrew Jackson had a policy of genocide against native Americans, also owned slaves too, another POS.

I was not aware of that.
Thanks for sharing it.

The need to believe in something good about our founding fathers and our country sometimes supersedes the need to know the truth, and this is wrong of course.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So Jackie Chan an ASIAN AMERICAN says this.... and He's some horrible anti america

wonder bread types spend all day on a conspiracy forum saying same thing they are patriots.

I see.... #@$%^in %^&$#ers

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No one alive knew Thomas Jefferson. We don't know what he was like. We don't know what he did.

We have been given revisionist history offered as the truth. Only a fool believes everything he is told.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

He isn't an American at all, he held a Australian citizenship, British Citizenship (as a resident of Hong Kong) and now of course is a Chinese citizen.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr

No one alive knew Thomas Jefferson. We don't know what he was like. We don't know what he did.

We have been given revisionist history offered as the truth. Only a fool believes everything he is told.

This is true. We do not know what to believe, but we know he had slaves which is bad enough.
Saying everyone else had slaves then is no excuse either. Crimes and injustices committed in the past are still crimes against other humans.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Nail on the head, dude... its a real shame that the cult of the patriot and the mythologising of the founding of the USA and it's dramatis personae gets in the way of rational debate and prevents people from separating criticism of a system from a personal attack on their pride in their fellow citizens and a love of their land.
edit on 12-1-2013 by skalla because: misspelling my poor attempt at latin, stercus fit! (yes, i had to google that lol)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No, we actually do know what he was like by his own writings and historical records.

He owned nearly 600 slaves in his lifetime and had multiple children with slave mistresses via rape. If a slave ran away, he would sell them as punishment to break up their family.

^^^^total freedom fighting patriot right there

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

With power comes responsibility, not only in the use of said power but as to set the example. If the most powerful nations is a crook how must the others operate to survive...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

With power comes responsibility, not only in the use of said power but as to set the example. If the most powerful nations is a crook how must the others operate to survive...

i feel the point is that thats's how a nation/empire becomes dominant, and it aint like the US invented that method, it's as old as empires themselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

No, we actually do know what he was like by his writings and historical records.

He owned nearly 600 slaves in his lifetime and had multiple children with slave mistresses via rape.

I did a bit of reading around, and it seems having sex with your slaves was quite common back then and was not considered rape. You pleased your master however he wanted such as milking the cows, cleaning and sex etc.

As a slave, you have no rights, therefore to consent or not to consent is irrelevant.

edit on 12-1-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

hmmm, i feel that those slave women may have disagreed with your assessment.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

in fact, that would mean if i enslave you legally, and then "bumsecks" you, it's cool by you, yah?

edit - i'm going way off topic here so apologies, but i could not help it
edit on 12-1-2013 by skalla because: apologies for going so far off topic

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join