It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackie Chan's Anti-Americanism: "America is the most corrupt country in the world!"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Are you black? You act like he attacked you personally.

As addressed by another poster, sexual relations between owners and slaves was common, consensual and otherwise.
edit on 1/12/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by jacobe001

hmmm, i feel that those slave women may have disagreed with your assessment.

Oh I agree completely.
It was still rape but not by the ruling class then.

They were crimes commited against other humans and white washing it does not make it go away.
edit on 12-1-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?

Let's see someone rape you and then tell you it isn't rape because you're a lowly slave with no rights.

See how you feel.....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obsrvr

Are you black? You act like he attacked you personally.

As addressed by another poster, sexual relations between owners and slaves was common, consensual and otherwise.
edit on 1/12/13 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

I'm white here, just so you think I am not attacking you.
I don't think it was consensual sex then.
It was part of your job as slave and as being owned by another human being.

Consensual implies that they had the freedom to reject it. They had no freedoms.
edit on 12-1-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

not picking a fight and trying not to nit-pick, but deffo NOT "part of your job" - this was slavery.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
We're getting way off-topic.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I like Jacky Chan's shows. I suppose there is some truth in what he says. I would like to hear the exact translation before making an opinion. He has been in the USA so long he is starting to get just like us, cutting down the system
Maybe we should consider making him an honorary ATS member.

Wow, has this thread gotten hijacked off of Jacky Chan.
edit on 12-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

Nope.

You have to be black to care about human rights?
Sad where your mind is.

They couldn't say no, it was always rape.

edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

link   

Iam amazed at some of the comments also, just check my Django unchained thread for some more idiotic statements.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
yar, but w/e, rumble in the bronx and rush hour were ace

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You don't know where my mind is. Furthermore, you have no idea who I am or what I represent.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Let's see someone rape you and then tell you it isn't rape because you're a lowly slave with no rights.

The current government treats us all as slaves and tells me I don't have any rights the past 4 years and current events.;

edit on 12-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It took me many years to see the truth about my own country. I denied it for a long time because I wanted to be a good citizen, but the weight of the corruption finally broke my resolve.

Now all I have left are my dreams that America will be what she once was. I know I am deluded, so I'm left with memories.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

He has a right to his opinion just as you and I do.

I don't feel America is the most corrupt country in the world but I would put it in the top 10 for sure.......

Maybe the top 5.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Since that's how Jackie Chan feels, why doesn't he get out of the USA and stay out!

So the USA isn't corrupt?

i always like people from other countries, who make money off of america turn around and start bad mouthing it.
china makes hundreds of billions off of westerners by allowing their own people to work for slave wages or are prisoners working for free, and then turn around and tell westerners how corrupt they are. in the middle east, you have people that only got rich because of black energy under their feet, all the while treating their people like they still live in the 7th century, telling westerners how corrupt they are. russia and the baltic states have absolutely no room to talk about corruption.
are there corrupt parts of america, of course, i'm not naive...but, to make a blanket statement about all of america is simply ignorant.

Jackie isn't from China, he's from Hong Kong. Which was under British rule until 1997. I covered that in another post.

But since you bring it up, the US makes money of China not the other way around. Cheap labour turns into higher profit. Just because another government is corrupt, doesn't mean that yours should play into the corruption. If this is about some moral high ground one might have over another.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by Thorneblood

So the Chinese guy who got rich off American's thinks our nation's corrupt? Irony.

I'm failing to see the irony.....

LOL The irony I'm seeing is that it's okay for conspiracy theorists here to cry corruption in our own U.S., but not a wealthy foreigner.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Not always, a interesting exception is the worlds first and long lasting empire, the Portuguese Empire. Even when dealing with Amerindians it contrasted to all others that fallowed. Things started to go downhill when they become more like the Brits, especially in the later years in regards to the respect of indigenous cultures and industrial exploitation.

I think that people resent America more than other great powers, because they had no excuse in regards to popular representation (no Kings or historical traumas, not even the indoctrinated British/German sense of superiority that was prevalent until the end of WW2). That and the notion that the US constitution was a marvelous thing, a continuation of the concepts of the French Revolution that started a process of liberation and fraternity between people as true equals. Great things were expected but none were realized, I think it all got lost at teh time of the Civil War, that ushered a movement for the erosion of the power of the individual states by the federal government...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join