It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Photo of A-Bomb Found in HIroshima

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Why would he need to "shop" a photo when the cloud was there to be seen by anyone left alive?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Why would he need to "shop" a photo
reply to post by smyleegrl

Good question, several ATS members noticed the palimpsest, the allegory is not clear.

A multiple exposure palimpsest watermarking a photographic might be used for recording purposes.

What is the allegory of the 644 paper cranes folded by Sadako Sasaki?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

According to the book, she believed that if she folded 1,000 paper cranes she would be healed (I think in the form of a wish, its been a while since I read it though). She died before she reached her goal.

photo of Sadako

edit on 16-1-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jykan
If only those in power actually looked at pictures like that....really looked and imagined the people seeing their loved ones die as they themselves died, seeing families, communities, schools, hospitals...innocents die.

And they could think to themselves...we did that.

As opposed to seeing a strategic victory or another war won.

I'm not just talking about Hiroshima, in general people are a commodity of war and power.

I don't know, we allow these things to happen in our name.

Maybe we should say...we did that.

You may find they may be proud, and tell their children of the methods to become even more powerful and richer.

They have abandoned humanity, that is the point, they lived in prosperity, on the sculls of one hundred thousand or so.

Death means profit for the shrewd.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Radiation exposure decreases with distance . A few feet makes a lot of difference in our atmosphere . As for the radioactive fall out the wind makes a lot of difference . In Japan the Jet Stream was a problem for high altitude bombing as it's velocity was around 165 mph at about 20 ,000 feet . The top of the mushroom cloud would have been displaced as the original photo depicted over the relatively short time of the detonation until the photo was taken . The average 30 minute period of time until the black rain fell could have displaced the disbursal to an area not affected by the blast . From the reports I read people were walking through the city within hours .Of course there were hot spots near ground Zero that took weeks before you could enter and remain for only a short time . There were many pictures of the bomb damage at ground level taken only weeks later . The picture taken at a distance of 7 miles and after the fission process of the bomb producing Gama radiation was over was possible .

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

One of the worst days in human history, indeed. Think of all the crazies who have bombs many times more powerful than these. Sometimes, I think us humans are programmed for chaos.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
One of the worst days in human history, indeed.

Very wrong actually, it was the one of the major causes for ending WW2 against the Japanese. How could that be one of the worst days in human history?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

The Enola Gay was accompanied by B-29 bombers.
I did not say my uncle flew the Enola Gay and upon further research I now realize in order to prove myself I would also have to divulge indirectly who I am.
So frankly I don't care if you believe me or not. Sometimes you ats people can be so harsh.
I'm sorry I said anything now. Please disregard my previous post.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
The Enola Gay was accompanied by B-29 bombers.
I did not say my uncle flew the Enola Gay and upon further research I now realize in order to prove myself I would also have to divulge indirectly who I am.

So your uncle was one of these people...

Aircraft Pilot Call Sign Mission role
Straight Flush Major Claude R. Eatherly Dimples 85 Weather reconnaissance (Hiroshima)

Jabit III Major John A. Wilson Dimples 71 Weather reconnaissance (Kokura)

Full House Major Ralph R. Taylor Dimples 83 Weather reconnaissance (Nagasaki)

The Great Artiste Major Charles W. Sweeney Dimples 89 Blast measurement instrumentation

Necessary Evil Captain. George W. Marquardt Dimples 91 Strike observation and photography

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Just wondering how the book is affecting you. If you could finish it or not.
Remember, it happened a long time ago.

But I know how you must feel. So I brought along a song for you.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I finished it. It was an extremely difficult read, but I think a necessary one. Now I'm reading another book, called Hiroshima and Nagasaki. So far, they support each other.

Thank you for e recommendations

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You may already be aware of this one... if not, put it on your list. You won't regret it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join