It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling it now: Americans will crumble when Obama calls for new gun laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Ohhhh, reverse psychology. How neat! It's funny that you say you aren't trolling but openly admit you are challenging the American ego. This is probably the best thread on ATS right now. You put America right in their place!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I find it interesting so many people asking why gun owners haven’t done more or acted out more. You just have to look at the mental profile of most good gun owners. Just about all good gun owners are told at a very early age not to react till you have too, even if someone pushes you tries to goad you in to doing something. I find that this teaching seems to bleed over to other aspect of life. Which might be why we’re seeing the current reaction of some to the current gun debate?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What the OP doesn't understand is there is already organized militias. I know for a fact there is a militia (very secret group) in West Virginia and some of those members exist in our military. There are many here in the US that are ready to fight for our Constitutional rights.

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wyoming is not the only state who's taking a stand on the Gun Control debate. Apparently more are waking up and publicly stating that they'll protect with all means the 2nd Amendment and the state legislation they have sworn to protect.

Kentucky Sheriff to Obama: No Gun Control in My County
edit on 11-1-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think we’ll see a lot more states start saying no to any ban that might be passed.

I just hope Obama does not get killed during the inauguration or be for this whole thing blows over. Last thing we need is him becoming a martyr, than having Biden step up and use an executive order for a ban.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i must agree that people do forget there are actually militia still active,
we do not speak of them much as they are the final line of defense if
you ask me, if they ever go active then its a SHTF type deal. i know a few
fellows in the militia in my state, they even train with the military on and
off. war games and the like, homeland invasion, guerrilla warfare, survival
skills and such, many are ex military as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
youtu.be...

this guy ^ got over 5000 individual responses for readiness...

I think that's a pretty good start.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by paratus

That's a good size group for guerrilla war far. Which is what it would come down to if things got bad.
edit on 11-1-2013 by ObjectZero because: whoops spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
reply to post by paratus

That's a good size group for guerrilla war far. Which is what it would come down to if things got bad.
edit on 11-1-2013 by ObjectZero because: whoops spelling

That's only after posting the video on January 10, 2013.
I can only imagine how many he has not received yet.

Militias are still alive and thriving as well.

Molon Labe

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You my friend are one confused troll.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

In Texas we have militia groups in every major area and most areas have multiple groups... with hundreds and even thousands of members for some groups and there is probably millions of members in the United States. The government is not the only group that can be organized and trained on how to protect their community in a time of need. Most of the guys are prior police/military/seals/special forces... from what I have heard

edit on 11-1-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OP, I don't think you understand how things work. If there was a draconian ban as I think you are talking about, I doubt more than half would be turned in. The others would be buried or hidden. Most gun owners will do nothing but complain. A few will act. Let's say .01%. There are 70 million gun owners. .01% is 7000. You say to yourself, phhht... the government would mop them up. Well those 7000 would not mass to fight as an army. They would be lone wolfs planning and executing attacks on the government. The government would have no way of knowing where the next attack would come from since there enemy are just faceless members of the US population. The only way to combat that is for the government to clamp down on the population. They would have to eliminate freedom of travel, freedom of speach, freedom against unreasonable search and seizure to attempt to limit the ability of these lone wolfs to carry out attacks. As the government cracks down it severely affects everyones life personally and very likely economically, the people are more and more alienated, more and more LE and military drop out, more and more rifles come out of the ground to be used and a real revolution starts.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by bloodreviara

In Texas we have militia groups in every major area and most areas have multiple groups... with hundreds and even thousands of members for some groups and there is probably millions of members in the United States. The government is not the only group that can be organized and trained on how to protect their community in a time of need. Most of the guys are prior police/military/seals/special forces... from what I have heard

edit on 11-1-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but the organized militia groups will mean nothing in this type of struggle. An organized known enemy is just a target rich environment to a modern military. Iraq, Afghanistan or even Vietnam should show you that militias who try to organize get slaughtered. The government has no fear at all about organizations like that, most are already infiltrated. the lone wolfs, the unknown faceless enemies with a high powered rifle or a little knowledge of IEDs scares the # out of them because they can't be fought against by all the high tech modern military weapons, intel gathering or tactics.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

It's called the militia, they train day and day out. We have millions in them.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Im calling it now too: right back at cha....
Total untruths by a non-American living Im sure in a restrictive country and enviroment, who has no clue as to what it means to have freedom and unalienable rights as Americans. Dont know about the OP's home country, principality, island nation or what....but we have whats called....a "CONSTITUTION".

Sitting home watching the world move around on the internet....doesnt qualify the OP to make zero-truth opinions on America. Our government has to run separately 24-7 365 days a year after year after decades etc...WITHOUT the President, an elected-term leader. Presidents have even been denied top secret info before because they didnt have sufficient "need to know' and are only in office for a relatively shortl time frame...whereas the government has to run long term and be self-sustaining no matter who the President is. America is long-term...not a President.

Sure...as the OP says....the government can come....but what theyll find is 10 million or so barrels held by young and old, little old ladies, my neighbors, pastor, teachers, policeman and everyone else who has legally operated under our freedoms and the 2nd Amendment....pointed back at them. Perhaps the OP is jealous?
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: edited for common courtesy

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As far as I've seen, most gun topic threads by British users to those from the US are intended as an actual polite discussion. Yours, however, is a purposeful jab at what you call the American ego (the tone of which, by the way would get anyone riled up, whether they were American or not), awaiting not real answers... but a frank confession to cowardice.

You want us to agree to a scenario that hasn't been proven yet.. that the military will barge in to take over and gun owners will drop their weapons and huddle up in a corner. You know what? I think that if it was a matter of life and death, no one would have to worry about being a coward or not. That's because the government won't have to even offer people a target.
Oh yes, the government would be willing to harm its own citizens, even from out of sight and with strange technology that the average civilian has no match for. Have no illusions about that.

...I'm curious as to what weapons the hidden US militias have, though. It can't just be guns, can it? No doubt the members have studied up on the military's weapons and strategies and are equipping themselves accordingly?

edit on 11-1-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Have you heard of Executive Order 6102? While not about guns, it sure affected Americans and they did nothing about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by opthetan
reply to post by Holidakd

ATTA-BOY! Show us how easy it is for you to ignore the stuff that makes the whole sentence (even though clearly written, and sitting there calmly - you know) an actual part of the Admendment as adopted. Yeah - that part, you know - the words before the first comma - something about a well-regulated militia needing firearms. Nothing about every, or some, or a few, or 6 out of 10 of anybody or anything OTHER than a member of that "well regulated militia" needing rights to bear firearms.

Huge goof to include the actual Admendment in your post - next time, just leave all that damn truth out. BTW, I note that most folks using the Bible to pass judgement seem to follow your tactic much better than you - "if it says something you don't agree with - just ignore it!!!!"

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I think what that says is that in order for a free state to be secure it is necessary for it to have a well regulated militia and that since militias are comprised of regular citizens who provide their own arms that their right to own and carry arms shall not abridged,infringed or limited in any way.

In todays world I think it says more about the necessity of reinstituting well regulated militias than it says about the necessity of limiting the right to own and carry arms.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Instead of bleating and playing into their hands with threats of violence why not try a peaceful protest?.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Instead of bleating and playing into their hands with threats of violence why not try a peaceful protest?.

What fun is that for the gun loving crazies?

*DISCLAIMER*
I am not implying all people that have, love, or have looked at a gun are crazy. What is crazy is that I have to type this so people don't take it the wrong way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join