It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C - What You Don't Know May Kill You AND Why The USDA is Wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Great post, thank you Julie!

I tried liposomal C, bought the ultrasound unit and the lecithin; but the taste of the stuff (like sauerkraut juice) put me off after a while.

I ended up buying super inexpensive Vitamin C powder (about $15 US a pound) and take it in anything I drink during the day, ice water or drink-mix flavored ice water. I wouldn't add it to hot drinks, I presume the heat destroys the vitamin. It tastes slightly sour but like lemonade if you sweeten it a bit. Stevia would probably work nicely.

I'm up to 5-10 grams a day without any diarrhea, possibly because I'm sipping it down rather than taking it all at once in pill form.

I've no idea how much I'm absorbing or the ultimate benefits of it, but I certainly don't feel worse than usual.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by Julie Washington

Something in your OP...

But the true healing affects don’t kick in until doses are at 500 – 1500 mgs a day. And you can’t get that high amount through over the counter supplements, diet, pills or powders.

I have a tube of effervescent Vitamin C tablets with Zinc.

There is 1000mg of vitamin C, and 15mg of zinc per tablet.

It's one of those you dissolve in water then drink...would that be sufficient on a daily basis ?

Apparently states it is "rapidly absorbed" Any good ?

ANSWER:

NO. Because you body cannot absorb it quickly enough before it is eliminated in the urine.

Don't get me wrong - there is some benefit to that way, not not nearly at the levels I've stated.

The only way to recieve these levels of Vitamin C is through IV or Liposomal Vitamin C.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

I guess you could increase the dose to two tablets a day, taken at different times, it does state to take this with food (preferably a meal).

These tablets are cheap as chips over here, and at 1000mg a pop, some benefit must transpire, not sure I could go the IV route, and definately don't think I am adventurous enough to try and make it myself.

Look forward to hearing how much others benefit from incorporating liposomal Vit C into their routines.

Out of interest, what is the highest concerntration of Vitamin C you can get over the counter in America ?

I used to work in a pharmacy many, many moons ago, we used to carry Ascorbic Acid tablets which were prescribed by GP's to patients, can't remember the dosage for the life of me, but I know it used to be prescribed, they actually used to have a bit of an orangey citrus smell.

You need to understand that when taking over the counter tablets your body cannot absorb all the Vitamin C in the tablet at those levels.

Talking a dose of 200mg or less your body will absorb up to 98%.

Taking a dose of 1,000mg your body will only absorb up to 33%, before the excess is eliminated in the urine.

So a 1,000 mg tablet is going to give you 200-300mg of Vitamin C.

Take 2 and I guess you'll get 400mg - 600mg.

Take 3 and I guess you'll get 600mg - 800mg.

I suspect by now you're going to have gut problems and diarrehea.

That is the problem with over the counter tablets. You can't get 2,000mg from them.

That is the beauty of Liposomal. The binding affect allows the body to immediately absorb it into the body before it breaks down and is eliminated in the urine.

The instability of vitamin C combined with its relatively poor intestinal absorption and ready excretion from the body reduce physiological availability of this vitamin. This inability to maintain high serum levels of vitamin C may have serious health implications and is particularly relevant in the onset and progression of degenerative disease, such as cancer and cardiovascular disease (CVD), which have a strong contributing oxidative damage factor.

Source

Oral vitamin C produces tissue and plasma concentrations that the body tightly controls. Approximately 70%–90% of vitamin C is absorbed at moderate intakes of 30–180 mg/day. However, at doses above 1 g/day, absorption falls to less than 50% and absorbed, unmetabolized ascorbic acid is excreted in the urine

Source

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Read this to learn the difference between over the counter Vitamin C and Liposomal Vitamin C.

Liposomal absorption is very different from intestinal absorption.

Most nutrients and drugs are molecules that are too large to be absorbed. The most common way for food absorption is to break down the nutritional molecules to a size where they can slip between the stomach and intestinal cell walls and enter the blood stream. The liver and other organs then re-assemble the molecules.

Liposomal vitamin C absorption is very different because it directly enters the cell. The fat layer of the liposome protects the vitamin C from coming into direct contact with the stomach and intestines. This protection prevents the intestinal side effects of ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

Source

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

TYPICAL MYTHICAL ARGUMENTS:

We can get suitable amount of Vitamin C through proper Diet. Answer: No you can’t.

If this was true, large portion of population everywhere would be going extinct. I don't see this happening.

I always look at obsession with, and promotion of, some substance which is a cure-for-all (du jour) with a huge grain of salt.

I do take supplements but moderation is the key.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Julie this is an awesome thread! Spot on.

I have been distilling water today and my wife has been taking the piss out of me and is not convinced its a good idea to take so much vit c, I'm going to show her this thread - excellent work!

Thank yo very much - truly amazing info, I'll be on the other thread breaking down how it goes once I've made my first batch tomorrow.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

Double check the cures 'rabies' claim.

It is almost 100% fatal but a few have survived by the Milwaukee Protocol -putting them into a medical coma and let the disease run its course.

To date there are 3 known rabies survivors.

Jeanna Giese 2004 - bat bite was the first

www.mysanantonio.com...

Unnamed Brazilian Boy 2008 - Bat bite
www.foxnews.com...

Precious Reynolds 2011 - Cat bite
sacramento.cbslocal.com...

Prevention of Rabies by Vitamin C

Source

"The effectiveness and safety of megadose vitamin C therapy should, by now, be yesterday’s news. Yet I never cease to be amazed at the number of persons who remain unaware that vitamin C is the best broad-spectrum antibiotic, antihistamine, antitoxic and antiviral substance there is. Equally surprising is the ease with which some people, most of the medical profession, and virtually all of the media have been convinced that, somehow, vitamin C is not only ineffective but is also downright dangerous".

Because there are few families that will not be affected by serious infectious illness, the individual topics Dr. Levy addresses (in Chapter 2, constituting 130 pages) are especially important. These include measles, mumps, viral encephalitis, herpes, mononucleosis, viral pneumonia, chickenpox, Ebola, and of course influenza. He has included a fairly lengthy section on AIDS. Rabies is an intriguing entry, even to those already willing to concede that vitamin C is an effective antiviral.

Source

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

TYPICAL MYTHICAL ARGUMENTS:

We can get suitable amount of Vitamin C through proper Diet. Answer: No you can’t.

If this was true, large portion of population everywhere would be going extinct. I don't see this happening.

I always look at obsession with, and promotion of, some substance which is a cure-for-all (du jour) with a huge grain of salt.

I do take supplements but moderation is the key.

"“It never ceases to surprise me at the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge.” -- T.R. Lounsbury"

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You are denying a simple statement of fact with a remarkable dosage of pomp. If humans had to take supplements to thrive, we would be extinct a long time ago. Since you are obviously here and doing quite well pushing some "silver bullet" cure of the day, I call you out on this inconsistency.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Up until fairly recently (evolutionarily-wise) people didn't cook their food, even proteins. Meat was often eaten raw or smoked, and as the animal's flesh was saturated with vitamin C, we also would have ingested that. Diets high in berries and root vegetables were the norm, as were such delicacies as grubs, an animal loaded with the vitamin C of its plant-based diet.

Advance forward to the last 50 years or so, and all proteins are cooked, destroying most of their nutrients, and 'veggies' are packaged boxes of something or another, and sugar intake has gone from a pound in an entire lifetime, to a pound a month or so... and vegetables are grown in nutrient-deprived soils.

Our diets in the last 50 years or so have undergone more change then in the 10,000 years before that. Who knows how many diseases are increasing concurrent with the decreasing quality of our diets?

The knee-jerk debunking never ceases to amaze me. Hey, information is all good; take it all in, consider it, and let others do the same. One thing I learned early on in the medical field; most doctors NEVER ask a patient what their normal diet is like on a daily basis; they all figure that everyone eats like they do. Nutritional education in most med schools consists of mere minutes...

Maybe an inability to consider new information is caused by vitamin deficiencies...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I won't discount that Vitiamin C is a wonderful supplement.

Can you show me the rabies case. As you can tell I am interested in survivor stories, and would like to add the vitamin C survivor to the list.
Do you have a name? How contracted? were they vaccinated or not? At what stage was the diseaese recognised and treated what dose it was treated at and... You know the interesting details.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

You are denying a simple statement of fact with a remarkable dosage of pomp. If humans had to take supplements to thrive, we would be extinct a long time ago. Since you are obviously here and doing quite well pushing some "silver bullet" cure of the day, I call you out on this inconsistency.

Face palm!

I certainly don't need to point out all the diseases and cancers that many are dying from do I?

Sure a lot of people dying from stroke, heart disease, influenza and disease rather than good "old age".

I smell a troll.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Thank You Very Much.. I have a lot of reading to do later.. In the mean time I think my girlfriend needs to get a text to bring home some Vitamin C.

In this day and age it seems we have to all become at least master researchers, herbal growers, diet scientists, but even doctors it seems, if one is without insurance.. It's ok I like to learn, and I know my body better than any book could.

Thanks for the help.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

I won't discount that Vitiamin C is a wonderful supplement.

Can you show me the rabies case. As you can tell I am interested in survivor stories, and would like to add the vitamin C survivor to the list.
Do you have a name? How contracted? were they vaccinated or not? At what stage was the diseaese recognised and treated what dose it was treated at and... You know the interesting details.

I am unaware of any specific human cases.

I know Dr. Levy discusses it in his book, but I don't have his book.

However there has been promising animal studies:

There is a possibility that vitamin C is useful even in the prevention and treatment of rabies. Indian scientists are looking for alternative means for inactivating rabies virus instead of the expensive and carcinogenic beta propiolakton, found that vitamin C in the optimal concentration of 0.5 mg / ml after 72 hours of completely inactivating the virus.

Source

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Good Post, informational.

I have 2 concerns tho.

1) When talking about high doses, reader should not think about normal intestinal supplements, 70% will just go to waste, your urine would be bright yellow(thats your vitamin going down the drain).

2) I think "Cures" is a wrong word, it aids but does not cure. Some people might be stupid and skip the actual medication for some. The Vitamin C boost immune system, thats how it aids in healing, but it won't "cure" someone with low immunity to begin with, because it won't do much to them.

The ones that concern me are these..

Cures Lymphoma
Cures Lung Cancer
Cures Ovarian Cancer
Cures Breast Cancer
Cures Hepatitis C
Cures Aids
Cures Polio
Cures Bird Flu
Cures Rabies

Just to make it clear, "Aids" not "Cures" for the above.

Cancer is caused by the body, the body does not see it as something bad.

Virus is immune to any external applications(they will live in lungs, livers etc where immune system is not strong as other areas.)

Also, if you already got sick with certain disease listed, it is not going to cure it, it can prevent it before it actually happens. When an infection begins, you body fights it, and its primary(one of) fuel is Vitamin C, but if the virus is full blown and widespread infection spread to near by cells, you should see a doctor.

This is for some who thinks they don't need to go to the doctors and Vitamin C is a replacement.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Thanks. Looks like proof in humans is years away (It isn't like a control group is going to line up to be part of a control group even if they have faith in the Vitamin C cure) If you are over 16 it is still a death sentance and the younger the patient is the faster they recover.

Rabies is just about the worst thing you could possibly get. Even the protocol that I mentioned the survival rate is abysmal

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I took my first dose of liposil (sp?) Vitamin C today. Ordered it from Amazon to see if it worked before investing in the items to make it.

Today I've been much calmer, even in a high stress environment. I don't know if its due to the vitamin C, a spoke in my cycle, or aliens tinkered with my brain.

Today is also the first time in about three weeks I didn't need anxiety medicine.

Can't wait to see what happens after a week!

Mine came in from Amazon today as well and I have a cold, not real bad but enough to
drag me down a little. I'm going to give it a week too.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Awesome thread ...

I see you posted some of the video from the documentary FOODMATTERS ... that's definitely worth watching ...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Awesome thread!
I'v been following the liposomal vitamin c threads fairly closely and just purchased some online to try before giving the process a whirl. I will give my sworn testimony once i have had a few days to try it out. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Julie S&F and more if I could. This needs to be known............................falling on deaf ears actually for the most part. So many people still believe in the 1aday vitamins which are a joke.

Thanks for taking the effort because this is hugely important and one of those things 'they' don't want us to know about! This and Vitamin D3, Colloidal Silver and Chlorella and Spirulina. There are others but these are at the very least very important and preventative.

I want to try this and am hoping to do this soon.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: When higher levels of Vitamin C are consumed it turns into a “healing therapy”. You need high doses to stay healthy. You need massive doses when stressed or sick.

And who should we trust on this issue? The random guy on the internet, or the countless studies on the issue?
You actually started with an interesting scientific article.....then you pulled the quoted section out of a place I won't name.

Scientists have done so many studies on Vitamin C, and they have found it to be very important! and you people love to bring that up.....but you ignore the studies where they used a lot of vitamin C. It does NOT have miraculous healing effects.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join