It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you dont believe in the power of Metaphysic interaction then why is prayer and burial significant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why do you pray
request burial services to prepare and send you into afterlife
Also are non believers still believers subconsciously if they care about praying or burial services FOR THEMSELVES?
[color=cyan] Or do non believers even care about being prayed for and buried in a respectful memory?

Its not a GOD question as much as its asking do you SEE how when prayers and burial services are done they [color=cyan]ARE Metaphysical responses to the Physical movement of ENERGY. Further if these types of practices go on beyond human levels of awareness say like out in the Cosmos or other Dimensions is this another SIGN OF THE CREATOR / SOURCE being felt and displayed if they too [color=cyan] (send) of their dead and bury them.. Or do you think the Cosmic family feels like the non believers like mentioned above in cyan.. Totally which 1 does not.

[color=cyan]Something that came to 1 recently to secure the connections data between CREATOR Creations in this zone. So 1 wondered do nonbelievers of the AFTERLIFE of some sort care if family members of their species send them off properly in thought/conscious and body burial or is it like when they die they don't care who cares???

Apply this to worship type energy FELT elsewhere within this cosmos/dimensionally to the CREATOR Creations off EA*RTH or even within. And ask yourselves if they exist which 1 FEELS they do, do they care how their dead are prepared and sent off as well. And if so then IS THIS A CLEAR CONNECTION BETWEEN THESE CREATOR CREATIONS and YOURSELVES just different shells/environment suits to fit the STAR/NEBULA/PLANET/MOON ect. [color=cyan] in which your Spirits/Souls/Internal Energies inhabit as of current time loop observations from within are telling you?

Thank you for your time any willing to read or share. Got to think though if so how did it SPREAD so far out THERE.
LOVE hmmm don't doubt it.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

edit on 1/10/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
tele link accepting eye(S) conscious questioning/ACCEPTANCE and how? how so is this seen out here ACCEPTED

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
"WE ARE WE" processing" HOW ?
ACCEPTED

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Multiple burial sites found////

moons
planets

SHARED observers know

Local moon scans

proof CREATOR Created us ALL for where do we Pray Hope Wish for our LOVED 1s to go....

planet LOCAL burial deep East hemis (RED) non human detected proof.

drop FEAR remember ALL must not just locals??

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

(ALL IS 1 proof) challengers questioning their integrity its ok to do so Unification progress

1 LOVES YOU ALL***

CX

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If i was to be totally honest, i'd say most people who think prayer is significant have just been led to believe that. If it makes them happy though then thats up to them.

Burial, at least these days, is something we are made to do. We have no choice. At least i think thats the case. I mean what else would you do with the body? Ok cremation is an option, but at the end of the day, you have to dispose of a dead body somehow. I would say it's a necessity rather than some spiritual need.

I guess it is nice to add a touch of ceremony to it all, but i wouldn't say it is compulsory.

I'd be happy for my kids to spare the extortionate fee the state charges to bury me, just chuck me in the woods and have a drink, a smile and a song to me if they want.

CX.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I believe that we go on feeding energy, but not as individual states like what we assume we are here.

Its more fit in my mind to place my body within the earth and let it go back to where it came from. Ill live on as a individual through those I have influenced or even hurt, in this life.

It may be that briefly we create our own heaven or hell if we are still highly attached to this life as a individual...but I dont believe that 'state' lasts very long and believe that we as souls (phases of the spirit in a expression of 'being') dont go on to an afterlife...our souls are simply the cord between this illusion and our real self in spirit, the eternal one.

As phases of spirit, as expressions of being, we influence others around us. Similar to leaving footprints..we leave an impression.

We should not be living for 'what comes next' for we do not know of it...we should live for now because that is all we know of for sure. We should be nice because we believe its right...not because books or beliefs have told us that is the way to heaven. We should be of service to others not because a teaching taught us this...but because we understand what kind of impression/influence such attributes leaves to those that are in our lives.

We are not here for the after...we are here for the now.

Just my thoughts
LV

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
And prayer...I dont pray anymore.

I believe in a one eternal creator that all things comes forth from and of...but I dont believe that there are mistakes in the creation.

I believe that the soul/phase of spirit can focus good willed thoughts and the more minds that are in that same focus maybe can bring a positive energy to someone...but I dont believe in prayer in the idea that we should think that something can be changed by divine intervention. To think that a God would only answer certain prayers, while much of the world is in suffering, seems a miss to me. I believe in directing ones eternal focus...but divine intervention seems silly. This is not the life that we are to fight for....are we saying that there have been mistakes by the creator and now we must pray for Thee to come fix them?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It depends. If the "Creator" they are praying to is not the real creator but an aggressive controlling entity , I would have a problem with that. Giving glory to a FALSE being.

If a person would pray over me, I would hope it to be something generic like:

" May our spirits take pleasure in all that is good, and may we be guided away from what is evil."

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
If i was to be totally honest, i'd say most people who think prayer is significant have just been led to believe that. If it makes them happy though then thats up to them.

Is this how you feel as well. Also where did it all start 1 must ask. Was it just thought up out of nowhere or TAUGHT.

Originally posted by CX
Burial, at least these days, is something we are made to do. We have no choice. At least i think thats the case.
I mean what else would you do with the body? Ok cremation is an option, but at the end of the day, you have to dispose of a dead body somehow. I would say it's a necessity rather than some spiritual need.

you can cremate or leave the bodies in ditches to decompose. There are other options but it seems they are unattractive options due to not having the respect levels as associated with current day burial practices and send off Prayers..

Originally posted by CX
I guess it is nice to add a touch of ceremony to it all, but i wouldn't say it is compulsory.
and what about ancient finds and potential burial sites on other planets/moons ect. ?

Originally posted by CX
I'd be happy for my kids to spare the extortionate fee the state charges to bury me, just chuck me in the woods and have a drink, a smile and a song to me if they want.

CX.

I hear you there. And again thanks for replying.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Believers pray, nonbelievers don't.

The life of the person who died, if they touched other people's lives and were loved and respected, would naturally be honored in some kind of gathering to memorialize their life. It's for the living, not the dead.

Me, I prefer cremation, and a gathering to scatter my ashes.

My last words, see ya in the next life!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Ceremonial burials are for the comfort of knowing that the body was treated with the utmost respect. It provides a good ending for those who consider death the end of a story. It's a sign of respect to the memory we hold of the dearly departed, not to any spirit or afterlife.

CX

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hi there

I would say it is taught. Lets face it, if most people hadn't had religion taught/forced on them, would any of the believers even know about prayer? Yes this is how i feel.

As far as the ancients, i don't see any difference than modern times. Maybe different faiths, different idols, but all taught and reinforced generation after generation so people end up believing it as fact.

Maybe that's another question/thread in itself, whether people would still pray to someone/something if they had never been taught about religion? I remember back in my army service, even as the biggest religious skeptic out there, looking up one day on the way out of the camp gates and saying to "someone"...."Watch my back today". We were acting as bait for a sniper and it was expected that one of us may not come back.

So why did i ask someone to watch my back if i was such a no-believer? I think it was because i was made to go to church throughout my childhood. It was taught and ingrained. I was brought up the C of E way until i was able to make my own choice.

With burial and ceremony, i understand the "respect for loved ones" thing, i just don't believe in the significance in prayer....then again, i'm not a believer.

An interesting subject though, cheers for the thread. No disrespect meant to yourself or anyone by any of my answers, they are just the way i feel

CX.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
I believe that we go on feeding energy, but not as individual states like what we assume we are here.

But many traditions and some of the accurate data found in the great books speak of existing individually under HIGHER Powers...

Its more fit in my mind to place my body within the earth and let it go back to where it came from. Ill live on as a individual through those I have influenced or even hurt, in this life.

And 1 can understand your view here there is nothing wrong with feeling this way with wanting to return your flesh energies back to Gia who provided you with the materials for your environment suit. The thing is something in you wouldn't want your body just tossed in a field of decomposition 1 feels by how you write. And you would also want a send off even if a goodbye and good luck or would you specifically just be ok with being returned and no actual after life wishes...

You have presented a different view on things which helps 1 to understand the different ways some think. And thanks for that

It may be that briefly we create our own heaven or hell if we are still highly attached to this life as a individual...but I dont believe that 'state' lasts very long and believe that we as souls (phases of the spirit in a expression of 'being') dont go on to an afterlife...our souls are simply the cord between this illusion and our real self in spirit, the eternal one.

1 agrees with this somewhat and in this type of view the soul then not going on is ASCENDING into or reattaching to its Higher self after it experiences (phases of the spirit in a expression of 'being') where ever it had the opportunity to interact at. 1 ask though do you feel those who behave negatively go to the same immediate locations as those don evol too?

As phases of spirit, as expressions of being, we influence others around us. Similar to leaving footprints..we leave an impression.

We should not be living for 'what comes next' for we do not know of it...

Its not about just living for what comes next its recognizing that doing good to others is a common way to interact with others. And that by doing so your soul/spirit/internal energy will or may depending on POV.. enter other realms of Existence based off of how you interacted with others during (phases of the spirit in a expression of 'being') processes... So again its just acknowledging as you do- that there is more to it then just the experience you have (currently allowing us to interact) were ever you are in the Cosmos on or within EA*RTH or Dimension.

we should live for now because that is all we know of for sure.

But what FOR SURE do you know is now??? For now can not even be and some can be attached to something set up to comfort their conscious not to look beyond... OR STAY- why their higher selves remain on suspended animation type mode until they can fully acknowledge its connections to the soul. And due to this nefarious behaving Family members may have potential to control/cage/or even feed off of those not even aware of their existence.

We should be nice because we believe its right...not because books or beliefs have told us that is the way to heaven.

But during Existence youth periods of SOME CREATOR Creations there ARE times teaching and logic have to be applied in order to encourage positive social behavior amongst the CREATOR Creations of interest otherwise they destroy themselves... and other fast. Hence TEACH them or LIGHT their way as to save them TIME of experiencing negative steps in Existence in order to LEARN to better CO-Exist with other CREATOR Creations. So its like natural behavior to provide SERVICE TO OTHERS not an Agenda my friend.. But again I do understand your points.

We should be of service to others not because a teaching taught us this...but because we understand what kind of impression/influence such attributes leaves to those that are in our lives.

We are not here for the after...we are here for the now.

Just my thoughts
LV

Thank you LeoVirgo for taking time to provide some intellectual input to the subject..

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

It depends. If the "Creator" they are praying to is not the real creator but an aggressive controlling entity , I would have a problem with that. Giving glory to a FALSE being.
[color=cyan] 1 can understand this arpgme TOTALLY this is why we must be careful of who we pray too and send our metaphysical energies to during prayer..
If a person would pray over me, I would hope it to be something generic like:

" May our spirits take pleasure in all that is good, and may we be guided away from what is evil."
[color=cyan] YES, and with that who are you speaking too? And who evol could interfere with the SPirit of your after you have switched frequencies from here?? So in a way you see what the thread OP is sharing. And thanks for that arpgme

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Why not accept it as arrogance and for one time in their existence well shortly after it let them be the centre of attention?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I do believe in an afterlife, but i couldnt give two hoots about a funeral and prayer for me. In fact im giving my body to science to a, teach docters(obviously), b, save my children the monumental funeral costs. i know that seems cold, but thats the way i feel, im not gonna be in that dead meat bag.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Believers pray, nonbelievers don't.

I don't know about that it might not be the same type of praying but.... I cant see them seeing, even if they don't care about themselves not wanting to see the best for their loved ones... who have passed so they send some form of HOPE as a goodbye energy of the metaphysical when they experience the these types of situations too.

The life of the person who died, if they touched other people's lives and were loved and respected, would naturally be honored in some kind of gathering to memorialize their life. It's for the living, not the dead.

So you feel the ceremonies are only for the LIVING and not to send off the dead to better ways of existence. Interesting perspective and its welcome as it adds more to the picture. However 1 feels its also for the dead. Within Ancient text-tablets-scrolls-books there is data of ways to traverse the Neither realms or underworld there exist much data on the ancients and their TAUGHT practices/processes.

It is ok for you to feel as if there is no physical evidence of this type of intelligence. But to 1 that's an unsafe way to think for that would ALLOW them to return under your nose and take over the Planet w/o you even expecting they have had elder experience in ruling kingdoms... And having HIGHER technologies assist the processes.

Me, I prefer cremation, and a gathering to scatter my ashes.

My last words, see ya in the next life!

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

Ceremonial burials are for the comfort of knowing that the body was treated with the utmost respect. It provides a good ending for those who consider death the end of a story. It's a sign of respect to the memory we hold of the dearly departed, not to any spirit or afterlife.

See post above. Thanks for taking time to add.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Hi there

I would say it is taught. Lets face it, if most people hadn't had religion taught/forced on them, would any of the believers even know about prayer? Yes this is how i feel.

Of course they would. For some would at least care enough for their family members or close friends and would look to another direction to hope things for them worked out better. In relation to youth lost or family who suffered in pain from illness their whole life and didn't seem to have a FAIR chance when here. And due to some seeing this and feeling like some didn't have a fair chance when on EA*RTH this alone would NATURALLY cause some to pray- think in deep concentration of elsewhere- or look UP or Down and wish them the best, so??

Originally posted by CX
I remember back in my army service, even as the biggest religious skeptic out there, looking up one day on the way out of the camp gates and saying to "someone"...."Watch my back today". We were acting as bait for a sniper and it was expected that one of us may not come back.
So why did i ask someone to watch my back if i was such a no-believer? I think it was because i was made to go to church throughout my childhood. It was taught and ingrained. I was brought up the C of E way until i was able to make my own choice.

ARE you sure that was the only reason CX or did you really feel like hey the more HELP the better, seriously my friend because in that type of situation when you knew death was lurking you ASKED for protection and now we interact today. I am not trying to change your wills or teachings just putting it out there that the physical effects upon many does cause them to call for distress higher up. DO you remember all the GOD BLESS AMERICA BANNERS was that just because many were taught or WERE MANY REALLY ASKING FOR BLESSING FROM ABOVE.......?

Originally posted by CX
With burial and ceremony, i understand the "respect for loved ones" thing, i just don't believe in the significance in prayer....then again, i'm not a believer.

BUT YOU ASKED TO BE PROTECTED FROM DEATH from sniper fire. See you made it out so you can ignore the request now AND THIS HAPPENS ALOT.. I wont carry on more their for 1 wishes not to scan to deep into your personal energy fields more then your visually presenting but you did put in a request THAT MAY HAVE BEEN FELT MORE THEN OTHERS WAS at that moment. God bless

Originally posted by CX

An interesting subject though, cheers for the thread. No disrespect meant to yourself or anyone by any of my answers, they are just the way i feel

CX.

You are well within the boundaries of respect here and your input is appreciated.

NAMASTE*******

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join