It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People of the Commonwealth let us become one!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I can't really see Australia becoming "one" with the Commonwealth any time soon. There really isn't any reason to be, considering how deep we are with the USA.

Britain could have retained thorough ties with Australia, if it had lived up to its word in WW2. Britain called for our help, and we answered. We fought side by side with Britain all the way, until we were threatened ourselves. Britain had stated that they would help us if need be, but they never lived up to the word. When our call for help was rejected by Britain, we pulled our forces out of Europe and brought them down here to protect our shores from the Japanese threat.

When Britain wasn't there in Australia's time of need, the USA was ( even though they didn't do much
). Ever since then, Australia has enjoyed deeper relations with the USA than Britain.

Still not a bad idea though mate

Thats because our government feels its not important enough
they would rather spend money looking after immigrants than the average british born person

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Right that's it not going to bother with my own thread cheers.
You guys continue to talk about anything you want.
edit on 10-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As I stated on BM's earlier thread I have long been an advocate of the Commonwealth becoming more recognisable as force with a shared vision for good in the world. The combined voice/traiding power/military strength of 2.1 billion people has a potent potential that could be having a great deal more influence if there was a move towards that idea within the whole.

It is very likely that the EU is very well aware, and unsurprisingly alarmed at the thought of how this potential global force could stymie its worldly ambitions, and therefore would prefer to keep the UK reigned in by membership in its unions catastrophic failure.

It is very noticible how so many of the countries that were once so very keen to obtain EU membership when all was well, and lots of free subsidy money was being dished out are now conspicuosly silent since things have begun to go catastrophically wrong

I remian on the side of forward for the good of all members through a strong, and positive Commonwealth, I will take it over the EU/UN everytime.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I like this idea

This is something I used to talk about before I joined ATS, atm the commonwealth is good but has little use compared to what it could.

I'm not sure if all of the commonwealth would want to but what I would like to see is a introduction of a CW currency, a currency actually based on real substance and not just what people say it's worth. Boycott the US dollar for trade and we the UK should boycott the EU, as we all know that EU+Recession=Failure

A new Commonwealth union would be the strongest union in the world if we all joined together, heck they can call it the NWO for all I care. By the way what is wrong with a New World Order? it's not as if the order things are in now are any good.... it benefits only the few.

reply to post by pavmas

I'm not sure about that one although I cannot speak for any other nation but the UK. The fued between churches as far as I know is non-existent anymore (unless your head's stuck in the past) I know a few catholics, one of them a successful business man and non of them go to church. I guess what I'm trying to say is religion is religion and in no way should a persons beliefs effect his/her human rights.

I'm interested in hearing these rights others have that catholics do not, do youhave anymore info for me?
I'm curious

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Star and Flag
I think strengthening the Commonwealth is an excellent idea.
As for the U.S. joining, not so much, especially at this time, we have our own problems.
A strong treaty is not out of the question though.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I can't really see Australia becoming "one" with the Commonwealth any time soon. There really isn't any reason to be, considering how deep we are with the USA.

Britain could have retained thorough ties with Australia, if it had lived up to its word in WW2. Britain called for our help, and we answered. We fought side by side with Britain all the way, until we were threatened ourselves. Britain had stated that they would help us if need be, but they never lived up to the word. When our call for help was rejected by Britain, we pulled our forces out of Europe and brought them down here to protect our shores from the Japanese threat.

When Britain wasn't there in Australia's time of need, the USA was ( even though they didn't do much
). Ever since then, Australia has enjoyed deeper relations with the USA than Britain.

Still not a bad idea though mate

It's a shame I know (I love the Aussies) but we had only peanuts in the Pacific and Asia, most of our forces were trying to keep those japs held up in places like Burma and while our little island was under seige a reinforcment plan was obviously out of the window

It all payed off in the end though
shame about the nuclear age that followed.
Also I highly apprieciate the sacrifice Australians gave to help keep a free world, same goes for all our brothers in arms (commonwealth or not)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
Fekin bollox

This morning going to the shop

black african foreign idiots screamin the racist card to a white neighbour

This is 8am and the fat black african thing was screaming at the top of her voice "YOU A RACIST"
whilst her husband was upstairs out the window screaming

usualy i would just take it as a pinch of salt, but this was like your american jerry springer screaming crap

This is britain not some feking 3rd world country, and all the trouble and crap ive seen has always been slung
from big fat africans

am i a racist because i dont like you and your crappy attitude to the people of this country that your throwing your obcenitys at...i and most others have had enough, if you cant live with us in harmony then FECK OFF
edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: said to much

I take it you've had a bad morning....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Thats the usual lol, If you dont like if Feck off, if you dont like being discriminated against feck off. No you feck off' why should people leave their country because you are not happy, For all you Americans here this is how it works in the UK, not happy living by our white Church Of England laws; Feck Off, you have a black face' be quiet and dont disturb a white lord and master white English person going about thei business. Dont like how we discriminate against you catholics, then feck off. No the way to things is stay and change things.

Are we living in the same country? Or even the same century?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Antigua and Barbuda
Jamaica
St Vincent & The Grenadines
Australia
Kenya
Samoa
The Bahamas
Kiribati
Seychelles
Bangladesh
Lesotho
Sierra Leone
Barbados
Malawi
Singapore
Belize
Malaysia
Solomon Islands
Botswana
Maldives
South Africa
Brunei
Darussalam
Malta
Sri Lanka
Cameroon
Mauritius
Swaziland
Canada
Mozambique
United Republic of Tanzania
Cyprus
Namibia
Tonga
Dominica
Nauru
Trinidad & Tobago
Fiji Islands
New Zealand
Tuvalu
The Gambia
Nigeria
Uganda
Ghana
Pakistan
United Kingdom
Grenada
Papua New Guinea
Vanuatu
Guyana
St Kitts & Nevis Zambia
India
St Lucia
Zimbabwe

Let us become one known as The commonwealth, working together to make the world a better place

If nothing else, we will be offering world class venues for large scale stag and hen parties!

On a serious note though, well done BM for starting this thread.
I would love to see a truly integrated Commonwealth becoming a powerhouse - or at the very least being able to hold its head high and stand on its' own feet.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm not sure about that one although I cannot speak for any other nation but the UK. The fued between churches as far as I know is non-existent anymore (unless your head's stuck in the past) I know a few catholics, one of them a successful business man and non of them go to church. I guess what I'm trying to say is religion is religion and in no way should a persons beliefs effect his/her human rights.

I'm interested in hearing these rights others have that catholics do not, do youhave anymore info for me?
I'm curious

Ok Ive never ever been in trouble or in a court in my life and neither has my dad grandad. etc.

I tried to join the scottish prison service a few years back and got a lette.

Your application has been rejected by the secretary of state for Scotland. " The Secretary Of State Does Not Need To Give A Reason".
Catholics are discriminated against throughout the establish ment, my brother at 12 went for the police exam and got a leeter saying he had scored the highest maek ever in the police exam then 2 weeks later got another letter saying he was not suitable.

Our only crime was to have an O' in our surname. Britain is rotten to the core and they hide it and try to make out that we are an equal society.
In scotland in 1970s a headmaster gave the school the day off because a catholic got a job in a bank the first ever in the town.

Catholics are 16% in the population in Scotland and are the victims of hate crime yet they blame it on catholics saying the 2 sides are to blame.

Housing, Jobs and oppourtunity are denied to catholics, even now they ask what school you went to, A black person can be interviewed on the phone and be turned down once they see he is black.
A catholic just has to give his name and he is rejected.

BBC had a policy or non employment of catholic.

SFA would leave Celtic transfer papers in a drawer for six weeks,

Celtic won the european cup in 1967 using all local lads' they were never selected for the Scotish team if there was a Rangers equivilant..

A football fan runs on the park and attacks the celtic manager, a manager who has had parcel bombs and bullets sent to him in the press

Here is the video' The Jury found the fan NOT GUILTY (amazing)

www.youtube.com...

Neil Lennon received death threats whilst playing for the team of his birth NI' his crime he played with celtic at the time.

Bigoted thugs are blamed but the fact is that this hatred comes from the very top of the establishment and the people at the bottom suffer.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas

Fekin bollox

This is 8am and the fat black african thing was screaming at the top of her voice "YOU A RACIST"

usualy i would just take it as a pinch of salt, but this was like your american jerry springer screaming crap

This is britain not some feking 3rd world country, and all the trouble and crap ive seen has always been slung
from big fat africans

am i a racist because i dont like you and your crappy attitude to the people of this country that your throwing your obcenitys at...i and most others have had enough, if you cant live with us in harmony then FECK OFF

Thats the usual lol, If you dont like if Feck off, if you dont like being discriminated against feck off.

No you feck off' why should people leave their country because you are not happy,

For all you Americans here this is how it works in the UK, not happy living by our white Church Of England laws; Feck Off, you have a black face' be quiet and dont disturb a white lord and master white English person going about thei business.
Dont like how we discriminate against you catholics, then feck off.

No the way to things is stay and change things.

Black face be quiet?
thats not my attitude at all
they have not long come into this country (a racist would say straight from the banana boat)

i am not like that at all...i will not tolerate racist abuse
nor will i tolerate some fat black african calling a white neighbour a racist and screaming her head off
with 3 kids clinging to her nipples and fat git of a husband is upstairs screaming out the window

As the orange ads says
"The future is bright, the future is orange"...more like the future is africa..

(black african foreign idiots' )

No your not racist' you just dont like Black Africans or Foreigners who you think are idiots;

You heard people shouting you dont know why because you were going to the shop, you see they are black so assume they are african and then you point out that they were calling their white neighbours racist, maybe he was what gives you the right to determine they are in the wrong and the neighbour was in the right.

I bet you are white and thats why you want them to FEck off, why dont you want the racist neighbour to Feck off.

There is no defense mate' you took one persons side because he is white and you are white and they are black.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Reply.

An abuser does not think its abuse, a racist does not think he is a bigot.

The fact that they are arguing now in 2013 that it it should not be rushed into regarding catholics having equal rights tells me that it is a problem.

You state that you know a few Catholics and ONE is a businessman.

Jews in Germany had businesses.

Kuta Kinte in Roots even knew a black man who was free

If you have not been denied anything because you are not catholic then of course you think there is no problem, but there is.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Ok you caught me there

The same thing has been raging in Ireland for a few hundered years too though hasn't it?

I was only ever aware of this as a kid because of my local football team and my brother filling me in on all the players, a lot of them have been Irish Catholic (SAFC). I think my point still stands about this being an old issue that does not effect most British people these days.

People can be so quick to forget history (me too) but yet they can insist on still using the stigmas attached to the history for e.g. the French and the typical English view of them.
The Catholics have been targeted ever since Henry VIII decided to make his own church, The war between the Catholics and Protestants has also not just been in these isles either. The thing is though that a lot of the world has moved on from this in recent years, it's a shame some people still insist on keeping the old stigmas, they have no place in the modern they are outdated and confrontational.

ON TOPIC
I'm a big believer in religious freedom and any new Common Wealth treaty would have to secure this right as I'm sure it would, regardless what law says though religions will always try to become dominant e.g. India and the spread of Islam that is slowly destroying other religions and becoming the dominant power. So I guess any new CW system that could be created would have to keep a close eye on religion as a possible threat to the Common Wealth

EDIT

I will not deny there is a problem because there is one and for some a very big problem, like I mentioned I think it's connected to the stigmas passed down generations, religious injustice is the worst kind because it's all a load of boll*cks and you make nothing but hypocrytes of yourselves and your religions. Not one book tells you to kill your fellow man.
Most people have moved on from this nonesense all over our green isles, same goes for racism

edit on 10-1-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Sorry for going off topic Boymonkey but this needs addressing so it can be put to bed.

Pavmas, the reason that Catholics are not suitable to be the Monarch in the UK is that the Monarch is also de facto head of the Church of England. Hence the current UK media hobby horse of the Royals and succession......

Put another way, an Imam would never be elected as Chief Rabbi.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Very bad morning suspiria, very bad
Im all for getting on with life and furthering education
but its very difficult when your own government is sticking its fingers up to the main cogs in the machine
i hate myself for my thinking this way, but i would rather look after my own first before helping others

England is a joke and foreigners know it they laugh at us behind our backs

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I do hate to go off topic sorry boymonkey

One thing I have always wanted to see since I was young is a Common Wealth space station as well as a space program.

Think about it
Some commonwealth countries already have a space program, if we banded together we could possibly take over space and then maybe the rest of the world
ok only joking but really we would have a fast growing already able space program. We could easily the build our own space station and then we could move onto colonization.

Someone call the Queen and Richard Branson
We need to get this ball rolling

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Fekin bollox

from big fat africans

Thats the usual lol, If you dont like if Feck off, if you dont like being discriminated against feck off.

No you feck off' why should people leave their country because you are not happy,

For all you Americans here this is how it works in the UK, not happy living by our white Church Of England laws; Feck Off, you have a black face' be quiet and dont disturb a white lord and master white English person going about thei business.
Dont like how we discriminate against you catholics, then feck off.

No the way to things is stay and change things.

Black face be quiet?
thats not my attitude at all
they have not long come into this country (a racist would say straight from the banana boat)

i am not like that at all...i will not tolerate racist abuse
nor will i tolerate some fat black african calling a white neighbour a racist and screaming her head off
with 3 kids clinging to her nipples and fat git of a husband is upstairs screaming out the window

As the orange ads says
"The future is bright, the future is orange"...more like the future is africa..

(black african foreign idiots' )

No your not racist' you just dont like Black Africans or Foreigners who you think are idiots;

You heard people shouting you dont know why because you were going to the shop, you see they are black so assume they are african and then you point out that they were calling their white neighbours racist, maybe he was what gives you the right to determine they are in the wrong and the neighbour was in the right.

I bet you are white and thats why you want them to FEck off, why dont you want the racist neighbour to Feck off.

There is no defense mate' you took one persons side because he is white and you are white and they are black.

Sir you are way way of the mark
i may have said something that you deem to stereotype all blacks as idiots
my argument is not just blacks, its white also
useless lazy thieving polish and astans taking over local areas

hay do you want a guided tour?
i will show you in the midlands where foreigners are turning the area into 3rd worlds
crappy nappys in the street rubbish everywhere
i wish i was a 2faced lier and all this bull is a figment of imagination

As for the argument i heard...its getting more often and with my two eyes its africans polish and middle easterners
and when the middle class is strangulated we will see revolt. that is not a fallacy nor a dream it will happen

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by pavmas

Sorry for going off topic Boymonkey but this needs addressing so it can be put to bed.

Pavmas, the reason that Catholics are not suitable to be the Monarch in the UK is that the Monarch is also de facto head of the Church of England. Hence the current UK media hobby horse of the Royals and succession......

Put another way, an Imam would never be elected as Chief Rabbi.

Really built on solid foundations then' the church Of England must be praying that they dont end up with an Atheist of King or they would be really Fcked

The fact that we have a monarch and for it to work the establishment must deny certain rights to some of its citizens shows that it needs dismantled.

A government that is in 3 war to promote " DEMOCRACY" what a joke.

Put another way, an Imam would never be elected as Chief Rabbi. That is utter tosh, we are talking about me having to pay taxes to keep a monarchy that discriminates aginst this.

You have a choice of what church you join; I have no choice of monarchy.
Would a Jew join a church and pay for its upkeep if the church barred Jews.

Your church argument does not add up.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm in.
It's morning here, and I'm having a very tasty cup of coffee here in the peaceful north, looking out at a snowy, but sunny day.
I started skimming through the thread, rather quickly, to try to get past the crankiness.

Once we're as one (commonwealth), can we kick out religion, racists, and cranky people?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I think most Europeans would consent to British expulsion from the EU.

Britain virtually begged French president CDG to be allowed in. Having joined, theirs has been a disruptive influence since day one, with British tantrums everytime they don't get their way.

Throw them out. Show them the door. Au revoir, auf wiederseh'n and arrivederci. And close the EU market to them too. Then the Brits can then revert to what they do best : whining from the sidelines (like the family lunatic at a wedding reception), going on strike, sponging off their (really awful) NHS & "the dole" ... and making really, really stupendously bad cars and preparing equally dire black puddings and tripe and mars bars in batter, all washed down with Irn Bru.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join