It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Kid Yourself America, Gun Control isn Not About the 2nd Ammendment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Not upset at all, just expected more from you. I really wanted to talk about this subject! With an open mind; hear what you had to say and think about and you in return. I not hear to bust on you; I really wanted to hear the other side without BS….really talk about it..okay???

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

:
OH MAN Thank you for that, Because reading this thread I'm pretty sure thats what I looked like.That picture is priceless

Back on subject I don't have a problem with people expressing their views but sometimes it reaches a point were it's just ridiculous and I feel this OP has reached that point.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LPOPranger

But I'm on your side. Everyone should have guns, guns are great.

If I see a silly statement like "America strong, we don't need to do no explainin'" I'll jump in and say something, whether I agree with the poster's overall message or not.

In fact, I'm doing the exact same thing in another thread right now, someone is trying to compare Obama to Hitler, and while I agree that using an EO to take away the 2nd amendment is terrible, I think there are better ways to express your distaste than "Obama is Hitler."

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Okay that’s cool; I have no problem with that! You will NEVER see me post with the “America is Great Crap” I know there is both sides of this issue and I really think (Hope) there is common ground. I work for a British company and spend several weeks each year there. I don’t have a hard one for someone else’s opinion on this subject; just trying to learn and understand. My road is straight, but it is not narrow.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

You really need to read the post; I am not the OP! If you like it that much there is a channel called the "Cartoon Network" you will be amused all day long! ENJOY!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I'm an American. I disagree with your assumption regarding our beloved second amendment. Here are my thoughts...

I don't want an AR-15 semi automatic assault rifle to go hunting with. No, I want it to defend ourselves if an intruder or a tyrannical government decides to force their way in our home and attempt to infringe on our right to exist, and/or our right to keep and bear arms. Giving up American liberties would never happen all at once, it would come in small increments, so DON'T GIVE AN INCH!

Our right to keep and bear arms should never cease to exist. This right protects us from those that would do us harm. This gives us an equalizer if enemies or our own government threatened our right to exist. You take away that right and we the people are fresh meat with a glowing neon sign for anyone that would attempt to rob, steal, rape, torture, or take the life of innocent American's.

It's awful anytime people are killed in cold blood involving guns, that's a given. If those that wish to do these innocent people harm do or do not have access to guns isn't going to change their ill intent. They can pick up a rock and beat innocent people in the head with it. I wish we lived in a world where guns were not needed for protection, but we don't. Guns should be a last resort effort for protection, used responsibly, come with an education passed down from a responsible adult, and always, always an American right.

Here are some meaningful quotes that I believe relate to this topic and reinforce my thoughts...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronald Reagan

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." Ronald Reagan

Thank You

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by Dispo
How do you propose that America takes its 320,000,000 people and distils their opinions on guns down to one single viewpoint for you?

I'm not proposing anything aside from these two factors

1) Admit the real reason you want to keep guns.

and

2) If you decide to continue to keep guns, stop whining about the massacres that regularly happen and will continue to happen in your nation. As far as I am concerned they are crocodile tears, because if you guys really cared about the people that die in these massacres, you would get rid of your gun.

Its that simple, that is all I ask.

Well mikey. all Americans ask is to mind your own business and let them sort it out without your troll threads popping up every day.....how about with the north ireland thingy....
In fact why dont you deal with the many times more frequent violent crimes in your own country?
Sure ya got no guns, but ya really got a LOT of violent crime dontcha?
America is number28th from the top of the gun death totals per capita.
There are 27 more violent countries with higher gun death rates per/cap....
Why not slam them a while?
makes one feel sooo superior dont it? just remember the bobbies now carry submachineguns not truncheons these days...why?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LPOPranger

I'm well aware your not the OP, he seems to have magically disappeared from his thread, I happen to agree with your first post in this thread....... however after it was all down hill and I found the picture amusing, I thought it perfectly captured my feelings about this whole thread in general

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Oh, so guns are a substitute for a small penis, eh?

Is this your plan?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You just want FREEDOM and RIGHTS to compensate for your small PENIS!!!

REAL MEN AREN'T AFRAID TO BE SLAVES!

WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO SLAVES!

BE A SLAVE, IT WILL GET YOU *LAID*

There... thread over.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

That is a very ignorant idea you propose. I do not live in the USA so this doesn't concern me. I do not have guns. And I have no desire for power over people. And yet.. I strongly advise against this push for gun control.

The fact that you can't even see the legitimate reasons why is exactly why you and so many others aren't even qualified to have an opinion in this debate.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Rineocerous because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You know,Michael,you are right .
It's not about the 2nd amendment,it's about the freedom to protect ourselves.
From governments that wants to control and oppress us.

I don't want my child to end up like this...............

That is why I have guns.

edit on 9-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by sconner755

Because not caring about the opinions of your peers is a narcissistic and sociopathic personality trait.

Reply to DISPO
As a British subject, it's quite a bit of stretch there mate - considering yourself a "peer" to an American Citizen.

ganjoa
edit on 9-1-2013 by ganjoa because: added poster to whom I was replying

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Owning a gun is not a matter of "power" as many have already stated.

My question is why do they sell shoes in England? It seems you people live on your knees.

America is a free country, we proved to England TWICE that we will not allow a king to have power over us. We have a right to our guns. Tough luck to those that don't like it.

England was once an empire on which "the sun never sat". Your country's blood has grown thin.

Be proud of you gun control, be proud of your violent crime rate, and God save the Queen!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Best thing ever? England floating away. Nothing good ever came from that country. Except rock and roll. Glad Scotland is getting their freedom back. As someone of Scottish ancestry i especially have a deep hatred for the royal crown

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

This is a troll post if I have EVER seen one...

this is trash...there is nothing to debate here as nothing even remotely intelligent was presented for discussion...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
We live in a violent world, with victims abound, no one is immune to attacks, home invasions and robberies. someone always wants to take something from you, no matter who you are. if there is no guns, then the agressor will find something else. I was raised with firearms for hunting and have felt more secure with them. I do not feel like I have power, but the ability to protect my family if required, what compells a human to make a completely uneducated statement about a society and their rights is beyond me, if you want your choice of protection, that's fine, I want mine, and I have a document to support that, you should have that choice also, but I am not at fault for my rights and choosing to honor them.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It seems that the OP is displaying a bit of projection.

America's founding fathers were very clear when writing the second amendment what it was for.

Personally, because I'm 5'1" if I stretch up on my toes and I weigh 102 pounds. I am a little tiny pretty pretty princess looking girl and am frequently taken as weak and defenseless. I have been followed home a handful of times and should the followers have been stupid enough to attempt to get into my home, they would have found out just how far from weak and defenseless I am. The gun that I own allows me to stand on an equal footing with anyone who would do me harm and ensures my own safety.

You would see that protection taken away from me? Should I assume that you will be personally responsible for my future safety needs? The police here in my little rural community have response times ranging from 15-20 minutes on outward to 45 minutes or so. That's if they even show up at all. Not too long ago, I called for an officer and no one ever showed up. Luckily, it turned out to not be an emergency and when I called the next morning to find out what happened no one had an answer for me. My husband was away house sitting for his parents and over an hour away. My defense was solely up to me that night. So, what if it had been someone breaking into my home intent on harming me or my 12 year old daughter?

So no, my gun ownership isn't about penis envy, it is about standing on an equal footing with anyone who would attempt to harm me and having the ability to retain my safety.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join