It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones challenges Piers Morgan to MODERATED Debate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Plenty of gun threads on ATS go on them and ask, this is about whether PM will accept AJ's offer to another debate.
You think PM came across as an idiot in that so called debate? he couldn't get a word in because AJ ranted, raved and just went ga ga.
Like I have said before If anyone went nuts like AJ did on ATS instant ban.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatcoat
Honestly, I don't particularly like Obama's style either. I think he sounds too much like an insurance salesman.

After I wrote that I realized that the people that ignore content over style ARE ignoring Obama's words. He flat out said he would raise energy rates and put companies out of business in 2007 and people still say we're liars when we bring that up even though we have him on video saying it. That trance like bobbing of his head as he switches teleprompters is mesmerizing I guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Sorry to bust your boobie, but Alex Jones doesnt make me look like an idiot.
Well, no...
But your reaction to this event in other threads hasn't lent much to your credence, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by ararisq

Plenty of gun threads on ATS go on them and ask, this is about whether PM will accept AJ's offer to another debate.
You think PM came across as an idiot in that so called debate? he couldn't get a word in because AJ ranted, raved and just went ga ga.
Like I have said before If anyone went nuts like AJ did on ATS instant ban.

I've put that challenge out every time and the response from you guys is always the same.

You act solely based on emotion.

Big scary man yelling make me fraid, mommy.. take his guns way... so I feel safe - pwease...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

He had the "facts" with him. Those papers he had were full of statistics and he was trying to show them to PM but all Morgan would do was ask the same question that was just "how many gun related murders happened in US." It's not the #1 cause.
I'm sure a good percentage of people who looked up Democide started doing some reading about it, more than just a definition. And I'm sure it opened a good percentage of people's eyes to what's happening.
Anyone who feels passionate about something, and the person you're trying to persuade isn't listening will get upset, though I do agree Jones could've handled it differently, it brought attention to the subject.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Alex Jones is the wrong person to be the spokesman for gun owners and second amendment advocates in this country. Jones craves air time and the goon grabbers from the left would love to see him as the poster boy for the pro gun movement. Then they can proceed with more uninformed statements and characterizations regarding those who own firearms and those who simply support the tenacity of the second amendment. Hear it now..."Look at that nutjob Jones.... see.... they are all just like him...."

Time to muzzle Jones. He's more trouble than he's worth. I do NOT want him speaking for me or for the Second Amendment preservation....

As for Morgan... Give me a break. Time for him to go home and face the music and the consequences for his bad decisions in the past...

They are both Turds with a microphone!!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Havox

though I do agree Jones could've handled it differently, it brought attention to the subject.

For people who are pro-gun, it brought the wrong type of attention to the subject.

Alex Jones has now linked pro-gun to looney conspiracy theory, screaming mad man, and a prime example of an unstable person who should not own guns.

And now, pro gun people have to defend him and say that yes, he should own guns.

I keep saying it, and it's true, Alex Jones is doing more for gun control policy than anyone else in the country right now.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The more Alex Jones takes on Piers Morgan - the more people that will learn why we actually have the right to bear arms.

The only thing people on the left respond to, which is why they created CNN to replace the printed word, is emotion so here are some images to tug on your heartstrings.

Pray for the Victims of Sandy Hook

Remember Sandy Hook

No One Needs a High Capacity Magazine

The State Loves You

You Don't Need an AR15 to Hunt

We Need a Reasonable Debate on Why You Need Guns

The more that people wake up that we don't live in a utopia of non-violence and that there are some INCREDIBLY SICK people making decisions for everyone else the better off we'll be.

[edit]
Sorry I keep posting the truth. I have to because you people keep pretending like THE ABOVE hasn't happened in some of our lifetimes. You can't even give us 365 DAYS without government sponsored murder yet you want us to be disarmed and believe we're above it all.

edit on 1/9/2013 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
How many of these people that hate on alex jones has actually listened to more than 15 seconds of a clip shown of his satire?

Clearly a lot of people don't understand AJ at all, if you actually watch his shows, he's passionate pretty much all of the time. He uses HEAVY and i mean HEAVY satire in a majority of his work, and people just don't understand satire these days. They just see a 15 second clip of alex ranting about something random, and they assume he's crazy. But the truth is, Alex Jones has more listeners and followers than you, whatever opinion you have of alex jones, is just a regurgitated insult passed on from 1 ignorant person to another.

I actually challenge these people who hate on Alex Jones to learn to look past "oh he's loud that's annoying", if you can't have a sense of humor and understand his form of satire, then maybe you really don't know as much as you think.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The only thing either of those gasbags wants is an audience. If a network thinks there might be interest sufficient to generate worthwhile ratings, it'll happen.

And it'll be the equivalent of watching the Kardashians debate the cast of Jersey Shore about the nature of dark matter. In other words, if you find the absurd to be entertaining, it'll be worth a watch. If you're looking for anything resembling real intellectual value, a waste of time.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Time to muzzle Jones. He's more trouble than he's worth. I do NOT want him speaking for me or for the Second Amendment preservation....
Fair enough. That whole enterprise was engineered to make gun owners look like loons. The only question in my mind is whether or not Jones was in on it. Personally, I say yes...that is his role.

This whole debate? Agreed that y'all have the constitutional right to have arms, and that statute was indeed written so that you might take them up against your government if need be. Laws can change with the times, though. Slavery was legal and acceptable, too. I'd say you need a national debate to set your priorities. You can't fight for your gun rights and wail and gnash your teeth at every massacre that unfolds. My late father in law would call it pissing in your boots to keep your feet warm. There's a problem. Deal with it, or get used to it. It seems obvious that you can't have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Alex Jones is the wrong person to be the spokesman for gun owners and second amendment advocates in this country. Jones craves air time and the goon grabbers from the left would love to see him as the poster boy for the pro gun movement. Then they can proceed with more uninformed statements and characterizations regarding those who own firearms and those who simply support the tenacity of the second amendment. Hear it now..."Look at that nutjob Jones.... see.... they are all just like him...."

As for Morgan... Give me a break. Time for him to go home and face the music and the consequences for his bad decisions in the past...

Well if you don't want mr jones speaking for you, please I implore you to find a soap box and start advocating for us, you sound like you know what to do.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Why? So Jones can just shout over the moderator too? They'd need to stick him in a sound proof box and attach a loudspeaker so they can shut him up when his time's up. That's the only way you can "moderate" Alex Jones.
edit on 9-1-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

that's funny, haha.

I dont hate what he did in the last interview though, spread as many words to the sheep as he could. Google trending showed that he planted some seeds.

The crazier a person seems, the more I want to research what he is talking about. I guess that just comes with older age and maturity, but I learned with out a doubt, the majority is almost never right, and they criticize the minorities.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Alex Jones is incapable of debating, all his is good at is shouting you cannot have a moderated debate with such a man.

Morgan might not be the number one guy right now but he is certainly more intelligent than AJ but that would not be so hard……

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Alex Jones is incapable of debating, all his is good at is shouting you cannot have a moderated debate with such a man.

Morgan might not be the number one guy right now but he is certainly more intelligent than AJ but that would not be so hard……

Clearly alex jones didn't go on CNN to debate, I don't even believe that was his intention. He had 14 minutes to get out what little info he could before piers morgan started hitting him with loaded questions, and completely derailing alex jones.

I love all these arm chair moderators that say "well he did this wrong, and he did that wrong" But honestly, AJ did more for freedom and information than you guys have in your entire lives. I'm waiting to see some of these arm chair moderators start their own shows, and deliver NEW information, and not just re-hash stuff they learned 4 years ago. I'm waiting, I'll subscribe if you got what it takes.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I would love to see this...just as a entertainment venue.

Two idiots debating with little to no filters between their brains and mouth.

I agree with the others. AJ isn't serious and PM won't be allowed.

But it could make a fun drinking game.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

ANND because I dont agree with you, you dont have any right to tell me what to do or how to think about this event
edit on 9-1-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Who in the hell said Alex was your spokesperson??

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You wouldnt know how to debate anybody on tv if you had the chance. They would squash you like a bug

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

Who in the hell said Alex was your spokesperson??

I guess you have not been following this whole story at all... Move on....

ETA
Nevermind. I see that you are clearly trolling for a cheap argument. Shame shame!!

edit on 9-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join