It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JINNS!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Jinns inhabit many areas, and trees for that matter are also said to be surrounded by their presence.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by shayanmh
reply to post by smithjustinb

Jinns inhabit many areas, and trees for that matter are also said to be surrounded by their presence.

Jinns inhabit the world within. I suppose a jinn could possess a tree, but that's between the tree and the jinn. If a jinn goes to a tree, it's going to appear as a tree to the tree. If a jinn walked up to me right now, and others were in the room, I would be the only one who would see it. They don't just come to you, you have to allow their vibration. Really, you could see one right now if you knew how. Same goes for angels. You have to tune yourself to where they are.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shayanmh

Well we were outside near the building, it has a fence around it, so i was keeping an eye out while my friend was cutting through the fence, all the other buildings were easy to enter except this one. I was to the right side of my friend and my younger brother on his left a bit far apart but not so much. As im crouching just to keep an eye out i get little stones thrown to my feet, so i stood up an looked around, another one got thrown, these were small rocks not big.

So i got up to tell my friend and brother while i had a look on my face like i saw a ghost but i was just scared because i didn't know what it was. Both came near me an asked whats wrong? I just froze, they looked where i was, we couldn't see anything the next thing we heard this growling noise it was so terrifying, like a deep growl. Now there are no dogs in this area at all, we checked a lot of times to see if it was clear. We just ran so fast we never looked back got in the car and went to get some water, thats how scared we were.

Our faces were all pale, truly was a terrifying experience. The next day in my house our fire alarm goes off, but there is no smoke or fire and it never does that. At night our mirror near the stairs fell, which is impossible because it is nailed in. This was a long story short but i hope you understand.

Lesson from this? Never enter abandoned places, especially if they are 100 years old.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Zatox because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by Zatox because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

They are of few types, some just live at abandoned houses, uninhabitated areas, woods etc, some can change form and look like animals/humans, some can fly.

Flying Jinn? Interesting!

The Jinn and Alien Abduction

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shayanmh
Great thread!

I have a question Logical7. I agree with your Islamic interpretation of Jinns, perfectly correct. What I wanted to know is that I have been informed by my grandmother (Muslim, very religious and spiritual) that if particular duas like Dua Mashlool (which was sent down to Prophet Muhammad peace upon him by Angel Gabriel) are read constantly, then they invoke the presence of Jinns to come to the reciter. Dua Mashlool as she said, is a very strong dua (prayer) and that if read for a certain amount of days (i.e 40-41) then Jinns can come and visit the person in any form (i.e dog) and possibly even frighten him because Dua Mashlool is not for the faint of heart.

it simply contradicts the belief of seeking help only from Allah.
And dua mashlool as i know is a supplication to get relief from grief/sickness.
With all the respect to your grandmother, dont believe everything she says. There are a lot of unislamic traditions in many cultures and they appear islamic because they are in islamic communities.
Invoking other jinns to even help cure a possessed person is wrong but some do it, doesnt make it right.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Jinns predate Islam by thousands of years, Christ also. When you get your facts straight OP get back to us.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Quark

Jinns were created before humans... so it should be obvious that Jinns predate Islam or any other religion.
You are having some trouble grasping the obvious.

And OP knows what he is talking about.

edit on 10-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
As-salamu alaykum. I have a question that may be off topic, but me being a Muslim i had never asked this question to anyone or heard about it, do humans get free will in Jannah? Also how would one tell if a Jinn is following him/her everywhere they go, giving bad luck or making their life miserable?

Reason why i asked the question about the Jinn is because me and my friends had tried ouija board also went to an abandoned mental hospital, i can tell you what happened if you ask for it, truly is weird and i can't explain if its Demon or Jinn.

Walekum-as-salam warehmatullah.
yes some amount of free will, nobody would do wrong, also the reasons to wrong wouldnt be there, no worry of earning livelihood etc.
And about being followed, i agree with shayanmh answer, so stay clean,avoid haram acts etc try listening to Qur'an and there are some specific ayats in Quran called Ruqiyats, listen to them. Hope it will help.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by shayanmh

What does Assalamalaikum mean?

it means Peace be with you.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quark
Jinns predate Islam by thousands of years, Christ also. When you get your facts straight OP get back to us.

Islam wasnt started by Prophet Muhammad pbuh in a sense that you think. It was revived. All prophets from Adam pbuh submitted to Allah so basically muslims(submitters)
Also as sk0rpi0n said, Jinns predate humans, obviously predate Christ too right?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have met many people of Islamic belief and have had many civil discussions about Islam and the teachings and stories in the Qur'an. My father is Muslim as well. I've done a fair amount of my own research on the web, and reading a translated copy of the Qur'an.

From what I've gathered, the Jinn do have free will, as humans do. Meaning that not all Jinn are bad or would seek to harm you. This is the difference in the parallel between the concept of demons and Jinn among different beliefs, generally demons are evil, end of story.

They apparently live on a different plane of existence than humans do, which is why we cannot perceive them unless under special circumstances, I'm assuming. Such as when they possess humans, shape-shift into the forms of animals or humans, etc...

In the Qur'an the Jinn are mentioned to have been controlled by Solomon after he was given the seal of the prophets (a ring perhaps? not sure) until his death. He apparently died propped up on his staff, fooling the Jinn into thinking he was still alive and watching them until termites caused his staff to deteriorate.

The story of Iblis is the most prominent, which was accurately depicted throughout this thread by various people. The most important thing is, that Iblis convinces God/Allah to hold off on sending him to Hell so he can prove that mankind would turn against God if he tempted them to do so. God agreed and saved Iblis's punishment until the end of days. Most Muslims I have talked to don't believe you go to Heaven or Hell right when you die. Depending on how you led your life, and correctly answering three questions by a pair of angels in your grave, you will be given a view/window to heaven, or a view of hell. Only on the day of Judgement, will you be sent to either. There are a few special circumstances, such as for Martyrs, to go immediately to heaven.

The only other instance I recall an important mention of the Jinn, is the fact that due to the teachings of the Prophet Mohammed, some were swayed to follow Islam, others continued on their path.

The concept of possession is quite popular among many Muslims I have spoken to. Many have sworn that certain family members of theirs were possessed by Jinn and forced to do evil and sinful things with their lives. They were forced to consult with an Imam(Islamic leader) to rid themselves of the Jinn's influence. There are many parallels between the Islamic and Catholic concepts of possession.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There is of flesh...and there is of Spirit.

You are of both.

But only one of them is your true self, we are all of this true self, and the flesh comes into existence/being not out of 'will' by the one eternal spirit but by simply being. Similar to nature and the life therin, being perfectly, emanated from Spirit, by Spirit just 'being'.

Before conscious beings, there was not a 'fallen one'. All is as must be, and all will naturally awaken to the true self and know its nature, by natural filtration of the mind/body/spirit complex. There is not one of us that is here solely for our own sake of saving or awakening. We are a one, and always will be.

To accept belief of a Satan, jinn, devil....you create it. It existed not before the first thought by man, of such. Only then as a thought entity, did it come into existence. It or they are no more real then the body complex you think is your true self...we create things/thoughts through this illusion.

Being of flesh creates/causes a natural effect....that effect is conscious beings that understands not that it is a creator just like from where it comes of and that being of the flesh, thinking that you are a separate being amongst other separate beings....creates things like envy, jealousy, lust, pride, greed, selfish thoughts, ego...it is no more a natural cause and effect of what the flesh does then it is natural for the seed to form into a life of a plant.

We dont awaken by our free will...nature naturally will take its course, depending on what type of life you have had, how much you honestly and humbly seek, and depending on when one is ready to empty that cup and truly believe the words 'the kingdom is within'....nature will naturally open that eye and all will have their day in knowing....there is only one eternal being and all emanates from Thee. Many many thought form complexes only come into being of this illusion through man itself...through creations by mans thoughts, desires, needs. Ironically, it all has purpose in being, all beliefs and thought complexes that we create, serve some purpose in the filter of understanding...but also must come a time where one knows that the only real truth and real matter, is the one that is eternal and that unites all things of this illusion.

One person almost got it right....to believe in it, gives it power. Power in a way that only lets a person keep using a scapegoat for the 'bad' of the people or world.

There is only one battle here and that is really a poor word to use...between what is of flesh (the illusion) and what is of Spirit (the only truth). When in good time as nature guides the course...each and every phase of spirit will awaken and know its true self, of Spirit, and see this whole illusion of of a one, not a many.

This thread is full of people that only get their information from what another man wrote or has told of....

The word of God comes through you, the nature of God is learned through silence, reflection, and humble seeking. The word of God, is in life itself. People talk about before man was created as if they were there or something. You have only chosen to place faith in what a book has told you of. All it takes for someone to experience something dark or of evil is a preconceived idea that such COULD be real. Movies and books raise us with the idea in our subconscious mind that it could be real. So we all have the material to 'create' from former thought complexes of such entities. We as creators have added much to this illusion.

My best
LV

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

if no one else has pointed it out here yet, i'll do it again: singular - phenomenon, plural - phenomena (from greek).

there is no concept more compelling than that of other incarnations, unless one believes that the most complex known phenomenon in our universe, i.e. humanoid consciousness, just springs up from nowhere without going through any developmental or spiritually evolutionary phases. idea being, each soul finds its own level in which to incarnate and pick up where it left off in the quest for greater awareness and self-mastery, until graduating to higher, 'non-carnal' realms (so-called astral and causal. e.g.).

'ghosts' can be conscious soul fragments able to interact with the living, energy pattern residues that simply reloop, or accumulations of dark, awareness-limited, 'evil' vibrations ('demons'). there is copious evidence of these varieties.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
@ LeoVirgo -

I commend you !
You seemed to have read the religious doctrine using your OWN mind without falsely being taught through a 'blind~man's eyes' handed down through the ages from other blind~men's eyes.

I thought there was no hope for this thread until I read your understanding.

If people would ONLY read for themselves without prejudice, then their conclusion would be as yours and as of mine.. ..as our view is quite similar.

There is s0o0o0o much wrong with this thread, I would not know where to begin.
What is evident is that people do not understand what they have been taught, and I say taught because anyone whom has taken the task of reading their version of the Bible clearly understands that the majority of the doctrine is fabricated to enslave mankind - as it is well known the variable population majority will blindly follow.

To those I say..
..please read your Bible-Torah-Qua'rn..etc. for your OWN eyes and never forget
"Commandment Number One" for it is the key to Biblical understanding !!!
edit on 10-1-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: name correction

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I recommend "The vengeful Djinn" by Rosemary Ellen GUILEY & Philip J IMBROGNO

ISBN: 978-0-7387-2171-2

I have just finished reading it and it was a damn good book.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumAnnunaki
@ LeoVirgo -

I commend you !
You seemed to have read the religious doctrine using your OWN mind without falsely being taught through a 'blind~man's eyes' handed down through the ages from other blind~men's eyes.

If people would ONLY read for themselves without prejudice, then their conclusion would be as yours and as of mine.. ..as our view is quite similar.

What is evident is that people do not understand what they have been taught, and I say taught because anyone whom has taken the task of reading their version of the Bible clearly understands that the majority of the doctrine is fabricated to enslave mankind - as it is well known the variable population majority will blindly follow.

To those I say..

really?!!
this thread shows the islamic standpoint towards the topic.
I understand that you and LV are beyond and above the souls posting here till now and beyond mundane religions , i am sorry to disappoint you, next time i'l pass the idea of any thread by you so that i dont post anything wrong again!!
edit on 10-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
really?!!
this thread shows the islamic standpoint towards the topic.
I understand that you and LV are beyond and above the souls posting here till now and beyond mundane religions , i am sorry to disappoint you, next time i'l pass the idea of any thread by you so that i dont post anything wrong again!!
edit on 10-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

I was not flaming you but merely pointing out the inadequecies of understanding which has been passed down through the centuries by those whom wish to control the masses.

Instead of feeling insulted, try to understand the bigger concept.
Man is moraly corrupt and when faced with the lack of understanding generally misconcept.

How is it that you wish for me to give my interpretation without prejudicing your belief..?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumAnnunaki
@ LeoVirgo -

I commend you !

To those I say..
edit on 10-1-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: name correction

Thanks for the reply! We do disagree on a some things...so maybe this can get interesting?

I will say that we all understand what we need to, for this time. Every little influence in our lives has affected what we are in need of and if there is room for growth in understanding.

So..in saying that...I believe that all things have their purpose. I dont feel the doctrine was fabricated with the intent to enslave mankind even though that is pretty much what it has done. When I learned through Spirit that nothing is a mistake..I then had to start looking at everything from a different point of view...a view that everything has its place and purpose. That purpose can be in a form of many.

The bible had its purpose for myself in many ways. For years it was my faith. Jesus was my savior. Through personal experiences I had to be brave enough to question this faith I was raised in. Without going through alot of personal stories...the bravery was probably the hardest part because we are taught to not doubt the 'word' and I had this huge fear in me about a 'devil' tricking me ect...it was really really hard to work through that.

But see...it was a tool eventually that the Spirit used to show me the difference in natures, the nature of flesh and the nature of Spirit. The Bible is filled with both. Most of it I do believe was written by men with honest intentions...they only passed down what they were taught. I do believe there is out right lies in the New Testament about what Jesus really did and I do think that those lies were placed there to get the people of many beliefs to come together under one belief (less fighting).

The Spirit uses all beliefs as a way to weigh and measure what we understand. The bible for instance is a perfect tool for that. Many may think its offering them one thing...if they only new how the Spirit within them will use 'beliefs' to weigh and measure what they are still attached to, what it is they live for, if they have managed to know the Spirit of self more so then the flesh of self.

So it has purpose...and a many at that.

I welcome any thoughts you have at why you say it has enslaved us purposely...

We will only see what we are ready to see...there are many colored glasses to peak through though.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Can you direct me to the area/s of the Qur'an that describe Satan as a physical entity?

I'm not a muslim, but i can direct you to where Jesus had a 1 on 1 confrontation with him in the desert when he was alone for 40 days and 40 nights and satan told him if he bowed and worshipped him he could have the entire world. I'm paraphrasing this but Jesus told him to piss off basically.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think all he was trying to say is that the thread is full of the same thing over and over...and it was all things that only could be found to be known by reading a book that other men long ago wrote.

I think he was trying to say that he saw little 'true seeking' going on, just kept hearing people telling other people what a book says.

It only shows that we are still very much in a age where men is still dependent on wisdom being something that must be past on from man to man....when slowly, very slowly, people are learning that there is no need for a mediator to learn about the nature of the Spirit...no books, no words of other men...slowly mankind is starting to take back its spiritual birth right to Know its true nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join