It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California teen girls charged with drugging parents to evade Internet curfew

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Must be terrorists now. Looks like they will be on the no-fly list. No Cancun vacations in their future.

Wonder if the parents are having second thoughts or if one set of parents is now feuding with the other set over this.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I knew there was more to this story...

However, the girl’s mother says this isn’t the first time the teen drugged them. It was the second time she felt that way. So she started checking into her daughter’s internet and phone use. When she confronted her daughter, she says, the teen admitted to the drugging, claiming she was too strict.

The parents became the teen’s legal guardians after she was their foster child. Now, the Rocklin teen and her friend from Roseville were both arrested on Monday and charged with conspiracy and willfully mingling a pharmaceutical into food.

Source

So, the parents are legal guardians. Something tells me they no longer want this role?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Having read the article and the responses the following can be stated:

While there is a division on how to handle this, the point to this is that the girls did violate the law, and in this case, it leads to the question of what is and is not acceptable behavior on the part of a child, along with at what point should the authorities be brought into the situation.

Look at the case at hand, take out all other considerations, age, and relationships. In short person a put a drug into person's b drink. Is that acceptable? Is it acceptable if say a man puts a drug into a womans drink to knock her out? No, and here in this case it is not acceptable that these 2 teenagers did this to their parents and guardians. And for what, cause the rules that the parents put out, the children felt was unfair?

So here is another question, what if these 2 teenagers, were contacting an older man for say sex, or some other illegale activity, would then the parents be held accountable for the actions of their children? And what if these teenagers did the same thing to say a complete stranger, would then it be required for say the police to be involved?

This was not a harmless prank, nor so innocent as the teenagers would have people to believe. If they had put in too much, it could have resulted in far worse, and then what should the response had been? Sleeping medications do have side effects, and what if the parents had been drinking or taking other medications?

And as a previous poster pointed out, it could have been much worse, and then these 2 teenagers would then be up on murder charges. But they did not, the parents suspected that they were drugged, and thus now they are determined that this should not go unpunished.

A parent once told me that if it endangers life, limb or property, then any punishment should be harsh, and these 2 teenagers, should have the law involved and ultimately face the consequences of their actions, to include a record, which would be sealed as they are minors, that is then sealed as long as they stay out of trouble.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

From what I gather, I doubt these girls will be staying out of trouble anytime soon. They sound like rebels who do not like their choice of guardians. As someone who knows first hand, it's not going to stop. Sounds like they will be in the system for a long time and bounced around some more.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

So here is another question, what if these 2 teenagers, were contacting an older man for say sex, or some other illegale activity,

"IF" ...

Or , If these 2 teenagers, were contacting aliens , to invade the Earth, or If these two teenagers were part of Al Qaeda..

If....

Lets make the internet illegal,lets pull all mens into jail, lets make all cars illegal, anything that can be potential dangerous or create danger, must be made illegal.

For a safer world, a brighter future.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Crazy story! I think the parenst or gaurdians did the right thing here!

My daughter is 12, and signed up to a dating site!!! I know the minimum age for FB is 13 but I let her have one anyway.... She signed up with Zoosk!

It was over Christmas vacation setting up her new computer and had to verify her email address, well she has an iPod, so I told her to bring it to me so I could verify her email. Anyway I was going through her email getting rid of stuff she had over 1,000 emails, I came across one that said " so and so from Houma Louisiana at looked at your dating profile!! I asked her what is Zoosk? She said she had no idea!! I said well it says it's a dating site, she says well ALL MY FRIENDS USE IT!! I went in and deleted her dating profile and I told her if it happens again she will loose FB till she turns 18!!

I am hoping FB won't be around when she turns 18!! LOL

I hate Windows 8, but I do like the parental controls on it!! I can see every web page she has been to, every thing she has searched for, I even lock her out of the computer every night at a certain time. She doesn't like that, but I am her parent and I pay for the intenet she uses to hook up to, and the elctricity she uses to charge her laptop!!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

That is the reason why the hubby and myself raise our kids in the tried and tested old-fashioned Afrikaner way,here in South Africa.Lots of love,but teach them to take responsibility for their actions,and Most importantly: That as a natural law,there Are +will always be consequences for their actions.So think before you act.
And YES,when they were younger,they got a slap upside the head of a few good whacks on the butt if they misbehaved after being warned.Plus a rational,reasonable explanation of why the actions that got them a paddling,could be harmful or hurtful to themselves and others,so that they can understand very well.
The result: Any and every adult who has ever spent time with my children is amazed at how polite,sensible and just plain Nice to be around,our kids are.Often we hear from the parents of my daughter's best friend,how pleased they are that our daughter is their chid's best friend,because she's such a decent and wonderful girl.

My oldest daughter's future parents in law is so relieved that their son found her,they just about worship her like a goddess.My son is always the teachers favorite,and everyone who meets him,adores him.
These are not prim+prissy l'il nerds either-they are fun,boisterous,vibrant people,very popular-because they were taught right from earliest childhood in a way thats worked perfectly well for thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Damn, if they were my kids, they wouldn't be getting back on the net for a year.
They also wouldn't be sitting down for a week.
No cops though. I don't think I'd ever sick the big, blue gang on my family.
Something is up with some kids and their messed up sense of entitlement.
My Mrs showed me a Twitter feed at Xmas, it was loads of kids whining cos they got the wrong colour I phone or iPad.... Reading that, i was extra pleased that my lot aren't so idiotic.
We're poor, there isn't the spare cash for stuff like that. They know and so are properly grateful with what they get.

I'm proud of my kids. I don't see how these parents could ever be proud of theirs.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Yes,imagine if one of the parents were allergic to one of the ingredients and went into anaphylactic shock,for instance? Kids need to be taught to Think.I did not spare the rod(hand),so i didnt spoil the child.And i taught my kids to analyse the outcome of a situation as far as can reasonably be foreseen.To just stop and think first.So i never have to worry about more than a bit of sulking.I can say with full confidence-there's no doping/poisoning of future rivals/whoever spoils their fun in my children's future.No shootings at school,no workplace massaces.My kids learned from a very early age-life can be full of little dissapointments-Just hack it for God's sake!

Why im writing this,is not to boast.Its to say,if WE can do it,ANYONE can.Its not like we're super-parents,far from it.But we Are sensible.And we never believed this pplitically correct POPPYCOCK BS about damaging a chid's psyche by giving them a well-deserved spanking,or a quick slap upside the heed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join