It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California teen girls charged with drugging parents to evade Internet curfew

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Two California teenagers were arrested on New Year’s Eve after allegedly spiking one of their parents’ milkshakes with sleeping medication. The girls did this, the local police said, because one girl felt her parents’ Internet curfew was too strict. The parents apparently restricted access to the family’s wireless Internet connection after 10pm.

“The unsuspecting parents consumed only about a quarter of their shakes thinking that they tasted very odd,” the police in Rocklin, California (22 miles northeast of the state capital, Sacramento) reported.

“However, they consumed enough of the medicine for it to take effect within an hour and fell asleep. The parents did not awake until the following morning and did not remember what had occurred.”

Police told the Sacramento Bee that after waking once during the night with headaches and grogginess that persisted until morning, the adults went to the police to get a $5 drug test kit.

Link

The internet is serious business. I am not surprised someone's children would do this, and that is sad. Seems the internet has become a big social meeting place. No doubt they were missing prime time.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
crazy kids what will they think up next

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What kind of kid do they have If they went to the police because they feared their kid drugged them ... Damn what is wrong with this species.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Haha, what the #? Can you really get charged for drugging your parents with sleeping pills? That seems a little ridiculous considering all the drugs parents feed kids these days!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Awesome!

Great parenting! Give your kids a criminal record for something relatively harmless. My god. What's next, jail time for a beeno accident?

I get giving them a scare and having some harsh, at home consequences. But invovling police is sort of stupid.

Do your own parenting.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

It's nothing that hasn't been done before! When I was a kid one of my mother's friends used to crush up pills and put them in her husband's beer. After he was out she would go run the bars and pick up other men. People have probably been doing stuff like that as long as there's been people!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

but we need police to take care of us because we cant use a belt anymore... the almight man in blue will set our kids straight for us.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
the real issue here is internet addiction

I felt guilty my 12 year old had to sit and watch while her friends with tablets had fun, so I got her one out of guilt

now I wonder if that was the dumbest thing I could have done

(while I surf, lol)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Though this is not a laughing matter, I can't seem but not to laugh. Talk about ingenuity. So, were they able to gain access to the internet afterwards after 10? I know some parents put like a password lock on it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I've dealt with my share of rebellious teen. I've never had to strike them. Violence doesn't solve anything in parenting, it simply ferments negative feelings and what not.

But I know where you're coming from. No I was always the psychological grounding parent.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Awesome!

Great parenting! Give your kids a criminal record for something relatively harmless. My god. What's next, jail time for a beeno accident?

I get giving them a scare and having some harsh, at home consequences. But invovling police is sort of stupid.

Do your own parenting.

~Tenth

I know, right? Who among us hasn't been poisoned by their own hellspawn in a desperate bid for more internet time?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thats actually pretty good. Clever kids. Worthy of a toast of beer with said friends 20 years down the road. "Remember when we drugged your parents on new years so we could party! Whoooo-hooo!!!!" Chug chug chug...

Actually this could go both ways. The parents could be just a bunch of drunk degenerates who passed out can't remember what happened and are throwing their innocent kids under the bus.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I think poisoned is a strong word

Now if they fed them GHB or something, OK, I get it. And I do suppose that sleeping medication in large ammounts could be fatal, or at least terribly bad for you on mulitple fronts.

I still think involving the police, other than to show them a good scare is silly.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah right!! I totally agree. Back in the day I think kids used to spike their teachers coffee with visine eye drops because it wold act like a instant diuretic and make them go sprinting down the halls clutching their rears whimpering eyes darting around for the nearest restroom to rupture in.

Parents are going to call the cops cause their kids outsmarted them with over the counter legal pharmaceuticals to use the internet past ten pm on new years.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Something is goofy about this story. The parents go into the police station 3 days after the alleged drugging for a 5 dollar drug test kit, go home, claim they found something in the test, haul the kids into the station, and they are arrested with no evidence.

This page has a video from the news channel that provides more detail than the article in the OP.

Source

I think there is more to the story than what is being told.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Charges

Penal Code 347(a): Willfully mingling a pharmaceutical into food
Penal Code 182: Conspiracy

But the shakes – loaded with prescription sleep aids allegedly provided by the friend – were effective, and the parents quickly fell asleep.

www.sacbee.com...

Looks like they used the good stuff.

Guess the parents were paranoid over what might happen next time.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Sorry, I can't stop laughing

Penal Code: 182... CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!

So, I guess that makes the kids loony now right?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

You think internet addiction is bad!?!?!?!

What about driving addiction!?!?!?! or people who are addicted to getting their food from markets!?!?!

And our biggest problem, Clothing addiction!

We need more people who are capable of living their lives by walking everywhere naked to hunt for their own food.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think they were arrested based solely on the word of the parents. Could have been anything in those shakes... or nothing. Who knows.

No charges have been filed.

Here is the drug test they used.

I'm not sure if that one would catch Lunesta.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I prefer to determine my own drug dosage. They could have ODed their parents; there's the crime.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join