It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida school moves away from professor's claim that Sandy Hook massacre was staged

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus

Originally posted by abeverage
In case no one has re-reported this...

Where is the Sandy Hook Security Footage?

Did the article say anything about security footage?

I only say a visual monitoring system at the door for identification.

Find me an article where it states that Sandy Hook did not have security surveillance. Even Columbine, going on 14 years ago had footage. I worked with setting up Video surveillance equipment and even the cheap stuff has software to backup either stills or full frame video. Even home video surveillance has this ability. They just upgraded to this, seems more than likely it was being recorded.

I had included a link but T&C might be violated so Google CHEAP VIDEO SURVEILLANCE...

It is far to cheap for them to set up cameras and not be at least recording a weeks worth of video!
edit on 11-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Show me where they actually spent the money on it?

A lot of schools up this way do NOT (esp the rural ones) have security cameras except at the front door and that is only a little camera to see who's there, and it is not recorded. I've stated it in other threads I wish a lot of our rural schools had cameras all over it would make my job fighting the school district for my child being abused a lot easier... Connecticut towns are notoriously cheap when it comes to that stuff though.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

A lot of schools up this way do NOT (esp the rural ones) have security cameras except at the front door and that is only a little camera to see who's there, and it is not recorded. I've stated it in other threads I wish a lot of our rural schools had cameras all over it would make my job fighting the school district for my child being abused a lot easier... Connecticut towns are notoriously cheap when it comes to that stuff though.

All I am saying is it worth investigating and not to be ignored. And I am surprised that NO media outlet has said there was no footage, no video, no still, no nothing...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If they had several cameras chances are they are set up to record at random intervals at random stations.

But most schools just have them at the front entrance for visual ID purposes.

If people seriously want to get to the bottom of this they should start by taking a good look at that laughing guy in the video on the last page.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

All I am saying is it worth investigating and not to be ignored. And I am surprised that NO media outlet has said there was no footage, no video, no still, no nothing...

You don't live here, that's been all over our news and on the radio and discussed ad nauseaum. The fact that these towns spend more on faculty retreats than they do on security systems, and that our security in rural areas is dismal.. So maybe the national news isn't saying there's no footage, but our local people, including our Governor have said over and over, working recorded cameras would have helped them a lot.. That to me says they didn't have them, like MOST OF OUR TOWNS DO NOT.

Everyone harps on this like it's some massively strange occurrence, like somehow it's odd that we don't have these things, hell we just got smartboards what, last year? We are way behind in rural CT on a lot of things.. .

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You don't live here, that's been all over our news and on the radio and discussed ad nauseaum. The fact that these towns spend more on faculty retreats than they do on security systems, and that our security in rural areas is dismal.. So maybe the national news isn't saying there's no footage, but our local people, including our Governor have said over and over, working recorded cameras would have helped them a lot.. That to me says they didn't have them, like MOST OF OUR TOWNS DO NOT.

Everyone harps on this like it's some massively strange occurrence, like somehow it's odd that we don't have these things, hell we just got smartboards what, last year? We are way behind in rural CT on a lot of things.. .

By all means please link me to a local news site that is saying this! I live in one of the most rural states with some of the most poorest schools yet we set up security cameras ages ago...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Cost is also a key matter, he said: "The issue here is truthfully, whether schools at this juncture, because of the budget crisis, can afford these (security) upgrades. This is what's very disturbing to people."

that is from the Hartfod Courant, it doesn't mention that Newtown has them or not (just that West Hartford does) and was taken from a Security meeting of all the superintendants of the state, trying to figure out how to make schools safer..

That one statement is how most towns around here think, this is not the rest of the country this is Connecticut, we've never really felt the need up here for this stuff until now and now it's too late..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I also wanted to add that the National average income is around $45,000 in Sandy Hook CT it is $88,483

www.zipareacode.net...

My state is ranked below average and toward the bottom. Don't tell me this was a poor rural community and I will be awaiting a local link showing me they had no working recording cameras...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

At Sandy Hook, late principal Dawn Hochsprung had recently instituted new security measures of her own, locking entry to the school after 9:30 a.m. and requiring all visitors to ring a buzzer and be signed in.

That was the extent of their security measures..Do I need to go over to my daughters school (in a town like mine with a nice average income of about 120K/yr and 5000 a year per household in school taxes) and take pictures of their non existant cameras? Not one place has these discussions on the web, come up here and turn on our local talk stations, listen to people, then and only then will you understand how little people here thought it was needed.

Edit to add: I am the first person to admit or school systems here are dismal when it comes to protecting our kids, for years this state had what's known as an open door policy where parents could drop in (esp in the elementary schools) and see their kids and ask questions of the teachers whenever. That has now been suspended, but it was standard policy across the state except in the larger cities. We are scrambling now to find funds that have been used explicitly to try and upgrade the teaching materials to now fund security systems, it's reactionary thought at it's best...

edit on 11-1-2013 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

At Sandy Hook, late principal Dawn Hochsprung had recently instituted new security measures of her own, locking entry to the school after 9:30 a.m. and requiring all visitors to ring a buzzer and be signed in.

That was the extent of their security measures..Do I need to go over to my daughters school (in a town like mine with a nice average income of about 120K/yr and 5000 a year per household in school taxes) and take pictures of their non existant cameras? Not one place has these discussions on the web, come up here and turn on our local talk stations, listen to people, then and only then will you understand how little people here thought it was needed.

There are no local news websites discussing this? More boring things make the news and local news sites here. Please link me to a discussion on this. But I do see your point as I was just discussing this with a co-worker on why they needed security in such an affluent area. I am just wanting some proof because that is how I work and it would end a lot of speculation of any such conspiracy (mostly my thoughts of the "reported" second shooter). And vkey this is not personal ok? No offense and I am terribly sorry this happened anywhere and to the extent I actually know someone who grew up around there who is still shocked...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Find me an article where it states that Sandy Hook did not have security surveillance. Even Columbine, going on 14 years ago had footage. I worked with setting up Video surveillance equipment and even the cheap stuff has software to backup either stills or full frame video. Even home video surveillance has this ability. They just upgraded to this, seems more than likely it was being recorded.

I had included a link but T&C might be violated so Google CHEAP VIDEO SURVEILLANCE...

It is far to cheap for them to set up cameras and not be at least recording a weeks worth of video!

You find an article saying that they DID HAVE VIDEO surveillance, this isn't "Columbine" or "your town".
Just the facts...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You find an article saying that they DID HAVE VIDEO surveillance, this isn't "Columbine" or "your town".
Just the facts...

I have been looking. If you find something by all means please post it.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

This article could answer your question.

State Scrapped School Safety Funding Program

Newtown, home to Sandy Hook Elementary School, was one of the last school districts to receive money before the program was shuttered in 2009. The town had studied security issues at its schools, deciding that the high school needed to be upgraded, records show.

Ledyard Superintendent Michael Graner said his district used the grant to install a buzzer and intercom system at several schools, including two elementary schools.

"It's not a perfect system but it does help to identify people who may be a problem,'' Graner said. "If you have a person that you are concerned about you can give their photo to the office staff and tell them if that person shows up trying to get in to call the police."

Sandy Hook Elementary School had a buzzer system and the front entrance was locked when Adam Lanza approached on the morning of Dec. 14. Lanza, authorities have said, shot his way through the building's glass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join