It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered reality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
I don't know if I'd say the same thing. I'd sooner attribute those sorts of things to some bizaare Lockheed Martin black project than to the collective conscious.

I understand what you mean. But the thing is, our modern ability to fly is far too recent to have any explanatory power. Have you heard of Jacques Vallee?

Wonders in the Sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times

Moreso because I believe the collective conscious to be more in the here and now. Maybe some intuition now and then, but not from some far off hivemind in the future.

Well, time is a tricky thing here. Retro-causal psychic effects have been recorded in experiments. And, we know that UFOs change as culture evolves. There is a psychic connection between us and them that has transformed from an ancient mystical one to a modern space-age one without missing a beat.

Mutants and Mystics: Science Fiction, Superhero Comics, and the Paranormal

edit on 11-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think that may be a little bit too abstract. It's an interesting thought, though. Perhaps time may be circular. The big bang, then existence, then the big crunch, back down to nothing, then the big bang, and it starts all again. Perhaps it's all happened before again and again, with slight variations. Maybe they sometimes bleed through into parts of the next or previous cycle.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Edgar806

It seems quite peculiar. If I am crazy, it seems to be a dementia of the masses, as others remember the same thing. Anyone remember on 9/11 how the BBC reported one of the Twin Towers fell, thirteen minutes before it actually did ? It's like chronology gave out for a brief moment.

No I dont remember that however there are youtube videos from people making conspiracy theories that say that same exact thing

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It happened. How, the answer varies. It's sometimes a strange world we live in. But these things happen. Not very often, but they do.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It seems quite peculiar. If I am crazy, it seems to be a dementia of the masses, as others remember the same thing. Anyone remember on 9/11 how the BBC reported one of the Twin Towers fell, thirteen minutes before it actually did ? It's like chronology gave out for a brief moment.

There's absolutely nothing anomalous about this REAL event (the BBC has admitted its error so let's stop making this a conconction of 9/11 truthers, shall we?). The British reporter in New York made use of a news release from Reuters and was not familiar enough with the New York landscape to realise that it was wrong.

The real problem presented by this event is not that of a time slip but who KNEW WTC7 was about to "collapse" and made the faux pas of telling prematurely a news agency that it HAD collapsed? Don't insult my intelligence (as the BBC did) by suggesting that it was simply an error of reporting. Unless someone had been CERTAIN that WTC7 would fall (which implies a prior plan to demolish the building that contradicts the official story that it fell due to damage and fire), the event would never have been prematurely reported. Among those who knew that it would were policemen and fire fighters (TV footage is available telling people to move back because the building was about to blow up).

Although of course WTC7 never collapsed due to damage but was brought down by controlled demolition......

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Perhaps a poor example. But let us not derail the thread with NineElevenry. It's a different subject that may have happened in many different ways. I don't want to open that can of worms in this humble discussion of the temporal fabric of the universe.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

You ever lose something in your house so good it seems it's slipped through the crack in the fabric of the universe? I'm talking moving furniture around, cleaning your house up and down... And then it's back in place, in somewhere you've already checked. Like it took a temporary break from existence on the planet Earth. Happens to me all the time. With things like keys, books, and so on.

Three years ago my son threw a Chinese star in his room. He didn't throw it very hard. We saw the area it headed in and heard it land. We have cleaned and rearranged his room many times since...still, no star.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

You ever lose something in your house so good it seems it's slipped through the crack in the fabric of the universe? I'm talking moving furniture around, cleaning your house up and down... And then it's back in place, in somewhere you've already checked. Like it took a temporary break from existence on the planet Earth. Happens to me all the time. With things like keys, books, and so on.

Three years ago my son threw a Chinese star in his room. He didn't throw it very hard. We saw the area it headed in and heard it land. We have cleaned and rearranged his room many times since...still, no star.

and why is this relevant?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Not the same thing....but when i was a young girl a friend of mine came to my house for tea. She was proudly showing off her new trainers because her family didn't have much and she only had one other pair of footwear which was her school shoes. Very briefly...was time for her to go home and they weren't in the cupboard my mum put them ( she was very OCD and everything had it's place!) After we turned the house upside down they still didn't appear.

My mum felt responsible because they went missing in her house so she rung my friends mum to explain....to which her mum replied by saying that we wouldn't find them here because they were in the bottom of my friends wardrobe at home with her school shoes! ( she had just noticed both her pairs of footwear she owned in the wardrobe when she hung something in there) Both my mum and her mum was freaked out....as was me and my friend! and my friend had to borrow a pair of my shoes to walk home in.......my friend was never allowed by her mother to come back to my house again.....obviously it freaked her out a great deal!

This experience as always left me troubled because although i accept that most things in this world have a logical explanation I have NEVER been able to explain how this could have happened.

Also....I would have bet a million dollar question on the fact Billy Graham WAS dead! That's how sure I was.I would have also bet the same million dollars that I saw it on the new's..I don't remember it being in the 80's though more like mid 2000's...it's still baffling with my head that I'm having to digest that he isn't!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Because I say it is...pfft

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

yep... what about the movie Hitchhiker that was released in 2007 ...

I watched it many years before that ...

weird. maybe they are just changing things to see who is awake?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Anyone like Star Trek? I love Star Trek. I've seen every episode. But only of the original series. I've been watching it for what seems like forever, I watch the course of the entire series every couple of months.
Every single episode. I know, this sounds really nerdy. But one day, I saw it, an episode I had never seen in my life.
It was standard stuff, Klingons vs Enterprise, but it was on the same thing as the rest of the episodes, and I remember all the other ones because I've seen all the episodes. I've watched that DVD a million times. Same one as a couple of other classics I've seen a million times. It was the first one in the listing of the DVD, and I always hit play all, so it was weird.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Dude, that's some crazy a$$ #!! If it were one of my kids they'd be in trouble for walking to your house barefoot!! LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if you found it in some place you looked a million times. Once, I was at an old fort, Fort Desoto, and there on the pavement was an old unfired round from around turn of the 1900s. Struck me as weird because other folks have been to Fort Desoto before, and would have seen it. An awesome souvenir to have. Primer's corroded out so there's no way it would have fired, but I just felt like someone else would have taken it before that. That, or that it was meant for me, some how. Then again, that sounds a bit crazy.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This subject is very interesting...

Sadly, I don't have a good memory, and I can barely remember things that have happened before 2008...

OR, all those timeline shifts are erasing part of my memory!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

As a 30+ year old resident and natural born citizen of New Zealand...

We are where we have always have been. ie East, Southeast of Australia.

First question id ask of you is... are you American? they've been known to have really really poor geographical knowledge outside of their immediate home county
sorry but its true.

If such "im sure it was this way" people are true all i can say is, get out of my reality you interloper since nothings changed for me here so you have to be the foreign body

edit on 16-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I have been watching Startrek on tv and download for years. I start at the beginning and work my way through. I must have gone through the various series five or six times and I'm still find new episodes now, I also find this with Stargate.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Does anyone ever read something or hear something that doesn't quite sit well with your established memory?
A sensation somewhat like deja vu. A bit of history that sounds not quite right. Something that feels inherently wrong, or incorrect, like the truth has been dropped down a memory hole somewhere.

For example, for a while, I KNEW that Mohandas Gandhi had died of starvation on a hunger strike. Then, one day, it's changed. He's been assassinated. The moment I read that, I felt terrified, because I had known up until then that he had starved.

You ever heard of Billy Graham? Died in the 1980s. But not any more. He's still alive and kicking. But I remember when he died. It was on the news.

Does anyone know where New Zealand is? North west of Australia? Or is it to the east now?

Something is wrong in time. Or maybe I've just looked too deeply into the fnords.

Gandhi was on a hunger strike. But that was 5 years before he was killed.

Billy Graham's mother died in 1981 so maybe that is what you are remembering.

New Zealand is southeast of Australia, but would be northwest on an upside down map. Perhaps you confused New Zealand with Indonesia.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So..can thoughts become Reality? Especially thoughts shared on a mass scale? For instance, people of the Christian faith believe in The Apocalypse ( so do Muslims..kinda ) so when you have possible millions of folks all sharing the same belief an event WILL happen, does that shared belief somehow become the very catalyst for said event to occur? And of course there's always the notion that if you say something enough times it will somehow become reality..or at least the BELIEF it's true will, even if it is actually NOT.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by twisted-timothy

You know I used to think New Zealand was in a different place but I don't think that it's because of an altered reality. Don't get me wrong, I know how certain it felt and how confused I was about the location of New Zealand but if it was in a different place the entire coastline of Australia (my gaff) would have changed too. As for this Billy Graham character, he's not a celeb here in Australia so I didn't see news about him alive or dead. If you (and others) claim to have experienced news of him dying in the eighties and he's still alive today well, that's one groovy mystery. Maybe you have experienced an altered reality. Definately not an altered geography though.

There is a thread on ATS.com about New Zealand not in the right place.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join