It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered reality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

I also seem to remember Billy Graham had passed on,im sure of it.If he's still alive he must be 95years old by now? But,im sure i heard he died,years ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Oh my god, the force is strong with this one.

Sure that must be it. Either you switched over to my dimension or vice versa.

Care to comment on the memory stuff or is that iron too hot?

edit on 8-1-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
On the other hand let me ask this first.......are you still plugged in NEO or not? If you just became unplugged you will be confused for awhile. The longer you are unplugged the quicker you are able to make sense of things.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's hard to pinpoint specific occurrences. It's very foggy. But every now and then reading through a history book, you'll just find something that doesn't sound right. Like how human society started in 5000 BC. Or 10000 BC. or somewhere in between. It just doesn't seem believable, knowing that humanity in it's current species is 40000 years old. Some where there's probably a cataclysm that'd make Hiroshima look like a firecracker.

You ever lose something in your house so good it seems it's slipped through the crack in the fabric of the universe? I'm talking moving furniture around, cleaning your house up and down... And then it's back in place, in somewhere you've already checked. Like it took a temporary break from existence on the planet Earth. Happens to me all the time. With things like keys, books, and so on.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Good to know I am not the only one

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So you have concluded what from those experiences? You think you somehow magically arrived in a different reality or dimension or universe? Maybe you had a temporary break in psychosis? Momentary lapse of reason? Maybe you are just distracted with the everyday insanity's of life or are truly stressed to the point of hallucinating? Maybe they are sometimes perfectly explainable and you are just going mad. Care to guess?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
Does anyone ever read something or hear something that doesn't quite sit well with your established memory?
A sensation somewhat like deja vu. A bit of history that sounds not quite right. Something that feels inherently wrong, or incorrect, like the truth has been dropped down a memory hole somewhere.

For example, for a while, I KNEW that Mohandas Gandhi had died of starvation on a hunger strike. Then, one day, it's changed. He's been assassinated. The moment I read that, I felt terrified, because I had known up until then that he had starved.

You ever heard of Billy Graham? Died in the 1980s. But not any more. He's still alive and kicking. But I remember when he died. It was on the news.

Does anyone know where New Zealand is? North west of Australia? Or is it to the east now?

Something is wrong in time. Or maybe I've just looked too deeply into the fnords.

This is really funny, because two of your three examples are things I thought I knew and have just discovered - as a result of googling after reading your post! - that I didn't: I knew Billy Graham was dead, and I knew New Zealand was NW of Australia. I can put the New Zealand thing down to my truly atrocious geography, and I've no reason to know anything about Billy Graham really, but it really took me by surprise reading your post. I don't know anything about Ghandi, sad to admit.

That's so curious!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ATS has a couple of older threads on this topic...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/8/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by twisted-timothy

I used to think madagascar was in a different place.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread ......

Before anybody comments regarding my post , here's a little light reading.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now , lets have a look at the argument of this thread .
[ A ] says that certain things are out of place with reality . [ A ] has no proof to back up their claim , just their memory of things being just a little different to how they now appear.
[ B ] says that everything is as it should be and has documented proof to back up their claim and that [ A ] is either ill educated , or has a faulty memory.

Now here's where it gets interesting.
What if the reality that [ A ] knew , collided with the reality of [ B ] ?
There could only be two logical results to this hypothesis . One is , both realities are destroyed from the collision and the other is that the realities merge .
What if when two realities merge , they do so unequally , so either [ A ] merges into [ B ] , or [ B ] merges into [ A ] ? In effect , and this could be completely random , either [ A ] or [ B ] becomes the dominant reality .

Let's just assume , for arguments sake that [ A ] merged into the more dominant [ B ] .
The people from [ A ] begin to notice very slight changes to reality but have absolutely no proof to back up their claims.
The people from [ B ] now begin to scoff at [ A ] because to them , nothing has changed and they have all the documented proof that nothing is different and everything is as it should be .
[ A ] has no choice but to accept that maybe they were indeed mistaken about certain things , but that nagging feeling that all is not right, will not go away.

Sound familiar ???
edit on 9-1-2013 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

How do you want to know that two realities have to cancel each other out or even merge. You treat this fantasy with made up science that doesn´t really help the case.

These are memory problems. If you want read more into it feel free to do so. But do not claim to know that these realities would either merge or cancel each other out.

This is like making a science out of the migration patterns of the easter bunny.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by tpg47

How do you want to know that two realities have to cancel each other out or even merge. You treat this fantasy with made up science that doesn´t really help the case.

These are memory problems. If you want read more into it feel free to do so. But do not claim to know that these realities would either merge or cancel each other out.

This is like making a science out of the migration patterns of the easter bunny.

You gave your opinion in an earlier post . Giving it a second time , smacks of you trying to force your opinion onto others .
Is it so important to you that yours should be the only opinion?
Is that the kind of person you are ?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Another thing. I've always felt Nixon died too early.
The 1990s just seem off. Maybe it's because I'm used to people like that living practically forever, but the timing just seems strange. Reagan's death seemed chronologically correct. I don't know.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Does anyone have any opinions on the nature of time itself? If this phenomena truly occurs, and is not a figment of my imagination, I believe it to be a natural occurrence. I would think that things like this aren't indicative of some sort of greater plot like something out of a science fiction novel. Moreso something akin to an anomaly of normal passage of time, perhaps. Or perhaps another universe bleeding into this one.
I see it like this. It's like when you're fooling around with a record player, and it skips. Maybe it goes forward a bit, maybe back a bit. But it's still same record and the same song.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
OP- That Gandhi thing I KNOW I learned that in school, he died in a hunger strike.(at least I think he did) He (as I was taught) was a man of peace. So Im wondering too. Why did he now die in an assassination?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

It seems quite peculiar. If I am crazy, it seems to be a dementia of the masses, as others remember the same thing. Anyone remember on 9/11 how the BBC reported one of the Twin Towers fell, thirteen minutes before it actually did ? It's like chronology gave out for a brief moment.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In principle, altered states of reality are possible. I suspect its a variant of or due to the 'missing time' aspect of UFO encounters.

Have you ever seen a UFO, OP?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I don't want to come off as crazy, but I swear I did, once. I was in my backyard, this was before I had quit smoking cigarettes, so I was having my last smoke of the night when I notice something in the sky while I was looking at the stars. Well, there was a patch of sky with absolutely no stars. That's what made me notice it.
This black, kind of triangular shaped thing, with a big light in the center of it, just sort of hanging there. It made no noise. I don't like to mention it very often because people call you crazy if you talk about UFOs. But I have no earthly clue what I saw that night. It was kind of in the general direction of the airforce base, so I just tell myself it was a strange aircraft. But I don't know what kind of aircraft can just hang there, perfectly silent, one moment, and then be gone the next.

But I didn't lose any time that I can remember. I don't know if I believe that aliens came to Earth, but statistically, with all the planets in the universe, the odds are against us being the only planet with life on it. I wouldn't say that they have anything to do with the phenomena we've been discussing within this thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
reply to post by BlueMule

I don't want to come off as crazy, but I swear I did, once.

As I suspected. It's not crazy. UFOs are real but they aren't necessarily ET. I think they are more like psychic projections from a higher level of collective mind. From a supermind far in the future. A cosmic noosphere.

I think it pushes humanity from the past and pulls it from the future (alpha and omega) toward the omega point by nudging probability here and there.

As probability shifts, so do those of us who are in some sort of accord with the noosphere.

edit on 11-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't know if I'd say the same thing. I'd sooner attribute those sorts of things to some bizaare Lockheed Martin black project than to the collective conscious. Moreso because I believe the collective conscious to be more in the here and now. Maybe some intuition now and then, but not from some far off hivemind in the future.

I don't believe there to be an entity responsible for this phenomena. I think these anomalies of time are a natural occurrence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join