It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian / South American Connection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death on ATS but it fascinates me!

I'm more of a "short and to the point" type poster, so here goes....

Look at the sculpted figure in the sunken courtyard at Tiwanaku -

Just look at it!

This was taken while it was being unearthed -

It appears to be bearded, yes?

South American people (and indigenous North Americans) for the most part do not possess much facial hair, at the very least, lack the ability to grow thick beards.

This is a bust of Sargon of Agade (reigned from 2270 to 2215 BC) -

He is said to have conquered the Sumerians, founded the city of Babylon, standardised a Sumerian cuneiform script for universal use and also assumed the title "lord of the four quarters of the world" - which incidentally was also the title assumed by the Incas who divided their empire into four quarters, "Tahuantinsuyo" meaning "land of the four quarters".

We are all aware of South American legends of bearded "white" men (more pale than them) who had visited them in the past....

This object is also intriguing, the Fuente Magna bowl, found by the shores of Lake Titicaca -

Notice the proto-cuneiform writing (early Sumerian) -

Akkadian cuneiform script, showing a shared character -

I won't get into the translation(s) but they're in my source links.

I think when combined with numerous other examples of evidence ,such as the supposed tobacco / coca found in Middle Eastern mummies, this establishes a solid contact between these 2 cultures.

www.world-mysteries.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.atlantisbolivia.org...

www.faculty.ucr.edu...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That statue is the bigger statues ****.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

And this always gets me here.
www.richardcassaro.com...

Sculptures of Elephants. According to science there is no way possible that Elephants were seen by the Mayans. Elephants died out 10K years ago.
So either some Mayan dreamed up an Elephant or he saw one. And since there are no Elephants in the Americas he had to have seen it somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Maybe its a chin strap. Just coincidence man..

The comparison of the writing isn't exact. All I see is lines and triangles, who said that is written language?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
That definitely looks like Sumerian writing. I think it is more likely than not that all of these amazing cultures around the world were in contact.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I don't know about the Mayan sculpture in your right-hand picture – it does look very like an elephant – but the Balinese sculpture in the left-hand picture does not portray an elephant. It is a makara, a mythical aquatic creature with auspicious associations. The makara is a common decoration around gateways and entrances all over the Hindu-Buddhist world; there are countless examples in my own country, some ancient, some modern. The makara is sometimes shown with an elephant-like head, sometimes with a crocodile's or stag's head, most often with a fanciful 'monster' head.

I looked at the page in your link. As displayed there, the visual similarities between Mayan and Balinese religious art are very striking. There is, however, a problem. According to Wikipedia, most of these Maya structures were built between about 250AD and 1000AD. The Balinese structures, however, are of much more recent origin, later than 1000AD, and they portray Hindu deities and symbols whose place of cultural origin is India. There are stylistic differences between Balinese and Indian portrayals of these deities, but if you know the iconography it is a trivial matter to identify a Balinese makara, bhairava or other image, and discern its Hindu origins.

So what does it all mean? Since the Maya ruins are older than the Balinese ones, does it mean there was cultural transmission across the Pacific from East to West? Did the Mayans settle Bali? It seems rather unlikely, since the drift of Austronesian settlement was in the opposite direction, and occurred thousands or tens of thousands of years earlier. And are we supposed to believe that Hinduism originated in South America?

Things that look like one another aren't necessarily related – consider, for instance, sharks and dolphins. Perhaps there is less to these congruencies than meets the eye.

edit on 7/1/13 by Astyanax because: there was more to say.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

That's my point, exactly.

But they taught us in school all were separate cultures...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
One day academia will stop debunking James Churchward,

He told us these stories in the 1920s.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hey those two pictures of the statue upright and it being dug out are two different statues,or am I missing something.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Use the scroll bar under the pic to move it to the right.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Use the scroll bar under the pic to move it to the right.

Sorry,I see it now.
The bigger statue seems to be covered in fish scales?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I was thinking more chain-mail, the pattern is interesting.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Dagon was a Sumarian "fish god" (ironic the christian symbol of the fish), I am leaning towards scals too in the SA statue.Dagon art
Dagon

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

True, how true, just the pyramid factor alone is interesting, how many more were buried, destroyed, submurged, etc. There are so many things in earth history that is lost or undiscovered, I hope in my lifetime at least a major discovery is disclosed to all, and we can see the things that bind us together as a people of earth instead of an us and them. never stop searching....the truth is right under our feet.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I do not believe that mayans went back and settled Bali.
However they both could of had a common place of origin.

Displacement of people is common. Due to war or natural disaster. Who knows what occured in the past to make people travel so far from their places of origin.

I'm leaning more towards the maya having visited asia in the past and seeing animals native to that land. specifically india.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

You could very well have that right Grey, if a culture has vast knowledge of the skies and solar systems, they could stand to reason to trek a continent or two. I would imagine seeing and elephant and other creatures could have a lasting impression.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
With all due respect you two, this thread isn't about elephants....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
with all due respect.. It is about connections of 2 peoples,in 2 continents, with a big pond between them, and no frequent flyer miles, both have a similar statue, just stating that this connection has clues, and we are discussing the clues. We were not trying to be negative...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I do not believe that mayans went back and settled Bali. However they both could of had a common place of origin.

Midway Island, perhaps?

The Pacific is a very big ocean, and my earlier post wasn't really about elephants.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
www.faculty.ucr.edu...

A translation of the Fuente Magna bowl:

"(1) Girls take an oath to act justly (this) place. (2) (This is) a favorable oracle of the people. (3) Send forth a just divine decree. (4) The charm (the Fuente Magna) (is) full of Good. (5) The (Goddess) Nia is pure. (6) Take an oath (to her). (7) The Diviner. (8) The divine decree of Nia (is) , (9) to surround the people with Goodness/Gladness. (10) Value the people's oracle. (11) The soul (to), (12) appear as a witness to the [Good that comes from faith in the Goddess Nia before] all mankind." "

(1) Make a libation (this) place for water (seminal fluid?) and seek virtue. (2a) (This is) a great amulet/charm, (2b) (this) place of the people is a phenomenal area of the deity [Nia's] power. (3) The soul (or breath of life). (4) Much incense, (5) to justly, (6) make the pure libation. (7) Capture the pure libation (/or Appear (here) as a witness to the pure libation). (8) Divine good in this phenomenal proximity of the deity's power."

This decipherment of the inscriptions on the Fuente Magna indicates that it was used to make libations to the Goddess Nia to request fertility, and to offer thanks to the bountiful fauna and flora in the area that made it possible for these Sumerian explorers to support themselves in Bolivia.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join