It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn, Not Like Before.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

That's an huge claim and a very unreliable source.

The difference in mass between the Sun and Saturn sort of guarantee that you are wrong. Not to mention that Saturn is in no way able to have been a sun because then Titan would not be a hydro carbon paradise.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Will gravity be the same 10,000 years from now? We don't know. All signs point to the force of gravity being a static force since a few billionths of a second after the big bang, and nothing so far suggests that's going to change.

Which of course, is pure and utter nonsense ... gravity is not a known phenomenon, it's an unknown that has been calculated to be linear, through experiements.

There are various degrees of indescrepencies, irregularities and errors in gravity ... although it serves the purpose of pragmatic use ... and please, don't start talking about the god particle.

Nothing in this Universe is constant ... nor ever has been. We only "think" it's a constant, because we are only living a fraction of a microsecond of the Universe time.

But basically it's like this, NOTHING can happen in the Universe, unless it's CONSTANTLY occurring. That is, if there was a BIG BANG, it means it's still occurring, and is occurring ALL AROUND YOU. There is nothing in nature, that JUST HAPPENS, and then stops to occurr. This assumption, is a fallacy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Jupiter's atmosphere is rich in Helium-3, one of those expensive limited valuable resources that humanity so enjoys.

Sorry but He3 is only used in very limited research.
Humanity doesn't use it, doesn't need it and doesn't know anything about it.

These valuable resources you speak of cost many times their worth just to get to. Which makes them worthless.

Compare the cost of a Soyuz lift off with the value of any metals or jewels they could return to Earth.

3 Humans weigh less than 600 lbs.
600 lbs of gold is worth a little over $15 million.

That doesn't begin to cover the cost of the lift off. Currently $114 million per seat. That's 22 times the gold returned.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

isnt the golden ratio constant and always the same ? as it applies to the atom and the galaxy ?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here's something I found about the idea of mining the atmosphere of gas giants:
ntrs.nasa.gov -
Concepts Explored for Atmospheric Mining in the Outer Solar System

And this:
ntrs.nasa.gov -
Outer Planet Mining Atmospheric Cruiser Systems Analyzed...

edit on 8-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I found a non-scientific research paper (for school) on mining He3 in the upper atmosphere of Saturn:
www.lynchburg.edu - Helium-3 Mining Ops...

The interesting information I've gathered is this:
1) Mining He3 from lunar regolith is expensive because it's in small quantities
2) Mining He3 from the atmosphere of the gas giants is much more lucrative. However, because they're further away, it presents many more deep space operational challenges. Furthermore, escaping the gravity well of jupiter would be more difficult than from Saturn. And since Neptune/etc is further away and has , it might be the case that Saturn is a better choice. However, I think there's a greater amount of He3 in the atmosphere of Jupiter?

Once fusion really gets going it would seem we'll eventually start minng the solar system. However, I guess that all depends on what we're using as fuel in our fusion reaction.
edit on 8-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Look at Saturn. There is nothing else out there like Saturn. Saturn, does not make sense. If people were living in Saturn, then the rings would make sense. Look at what we can do.

i think op may have had one too many before he wrote this. i know a better forum for this thread. hoax.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think Carl Sagan must be spinning in his grave....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

And here I thought it was the stuff that we fill balloons with

Thats about the extent of my chemistry knowledge.

In any case, my overall point remains the same. Planets = resources. Basic.

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Therein lies the fun, adventure, and discovery! Have you no prospects for the future? The price will go down, hopefully in our lifetime.

These valuable resources you speak of cost many times their worth just to get to. Which makes them worthless.

And, to the OP.... check yourself before you wreck yourself? Take a pill, you sound silly. Its obvious to me from your previous posts that this thread is about your need for confrontation, nothing more. Ipso facto, you're a troll.

I have absolutely no desire to meet you, as I imagine it would be equally as tiresome as your thread.
edit on 8-1-2013 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Have a read of this.

That really was one of the most interesting things I've read in recent memory. You're a star.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

If I was in the astral plane, and you were in the physical, you wouldn't see me. You can't see ghosts can you? Well, there you go...Ghosts and spirits reside in the astral plane...

Do you even know what you are talking about? Yet, you have the nerve to tell me to 'stfu'....Immaturity....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Oh...Bravo....That must mean the two are totally unrelated, right?

You might as well have just said.

We can measure this water, it is hot; we know everything about water now!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Okay, so I agree that some of the stuff proposed by OP is extreme, and in some regards unlikely, and of course, can be dismissed with our present models.

I will however agree with the posters who said things along the lines of -- we do not necessarily understand everything, and some times our ideas about reality are proven wrong.

I thought the most interesting claim was that Saturn may have been a star at one point. I mean... how much do we really know about stars? We've really only had the chance to study one from "up close."

On that note-- can anyone provide any links that talk about historical mention of Saturn being "a sun?" (I know OP provided a link, but reading that page the author said his work is the size of War and Peace and I really don't have the time or present desire to wade through all that.....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Who cares? If none of us posting are able to go there, then so what? Lol

Why are people so intrigued with other planets when we don't even really appreciate our own? Out there somewhere are probably other planets with something living on them, but again....who cares? They are there, we are here, so until here is treated properly, then why in the hell would we worry about there? If there was a way to get THERE, then sure, escape could be a possible motive. Since we are stuck HERE, then what is the point? A vivid imagination? Write a book.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by wmd_2008

If I was in the astral plane, and you were in the physical, you wouldn't see me. You can't see ghosts can you? Well, there you go...Ghosts and spirits reside in the astral plane...

Do you even know what you are talking about? Yet, you have the nerve to tell me to 'stfu'....Immaturity....

I don't believe any of the BS you are into or god or any other figments of peoples imagination good solid facts or proof you can't beat that!!!

As for ghosts

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well CHEERS to you all!
Very nice thread for my morning coffee. I will admit I was in the hope of maybe doing a little learning here, brushing up on some astronomy, but I think day after day of that maybe put me very much in need of some good humor. Thanks for the laugh, I'm sure I'll be in a lighter mood than usual at work this evening.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Star but no flag because the whole trail derailed way too quickly.

The OP just had a cool idea that there could be life on/in Saturn which isn't impossible since we know so little about space in the first place and then, well he got bashed on because he said that gas can't create gravity.

He didn't know/think that any mass creates gravity, in any form.
Sure, light bulbs are filled with gasses but not everyone knows that but intelligence is not the amount of knowledge you have, it's what you do with that knowledge that counts the most.

I will also bring out that gasses in really high gravity like Saturn would probably be denser then gas on this planet, so who knows if the middle isn't gaseous but solid enough to hold life, likewise artificial.

We really don't have full knowledge of space, planets and stars. Most of it is theory.

I think you've been quite harsh on the OP, there are better ways to share knowledge, no matter how basic it might seem in your eyes.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
I have always found it interesting how the Rings of Saturn look like vinyl record grooves. I wonder if anyone has tried to replicate the grooves on a record and see it it plays back anything. Just my 2 cents on Saturn's Rings.

Shhh, you're not supposed to be making connections between sound, frequency, and time (Father Time/Saturn)

That would open up a can of worms, and could cause this thread to get interesting!

So Shh!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join