Saturn, Not Like Before.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The storm is one like Earth's hurricanes. The storm moves less because all eyes of hurricanes are stable and calm. Add in the thick clouds of the planets profile this looks pretty normal to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

The rings alone are made from water crystals which is not gas.

Well not just water crystals....

They consist of countless small particles, ranging in size from micrometres to metres,[1] that orbit about Saturn. The ring particles are made almost entirely of water ice, with a trace component of rocky material.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Is the polar hexagon part of the 'storm' or not? Is it gaseous, liquid, or... solid?!?

Is there water on/in Saturn or only around it??

Originally posted by IgnorantSquare
it must be manmade

we can recreate the hexagon by moving fluids:

Interesting, the experiment was done in a 4-sided tank using liquids not gas.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have always found it interesting how the Rings of Saturn look like vinyl record grooves. I wonder if anyone has tried to replicate the grooves on a record and see it it plays back anything. Just my 2 cents on Saturn's Rings.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

Saturn is not made of gas. There is a planet inside the Saturn you are looking at. Why do you have a problem with that? What does not make sense is, you thinking there is nothing there but gas.

What your calling a planet is actually Saturn's core(you know the center of the planet) where no species will be living..

Saturn is the least dense of the planets; its specific gravity (0.7) is less than that of water.

Like Jupiter, Saturn is about 75% hydrogen and 25% helium with traces of water, methane, ammonia and "rock", similar to the composition of the primordial Solar Nebula from which the solar system was formed.

Saturn's interior is similar to Jupiter's consisting of a rocky core, a liquid metallic hydrogen layer and a molecular hydrogen layer. Traces of various ices are also present.

Saturn's interior is hot (12000 K at the core) and Saturn radiates more energy into space than it receives from the Sun. Most of the extra energy is generated by the Kelvin-Helmholtz mechanism as in Jupiter.

nineplanets.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I have always found it interesting how the Rings of Saturn look like vinyl record grooves. I wonder if anyone has tried to replicate the grooves on a record and see it it plays back anything.

Why not just listen to the rings themselves...

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by TRUELIES11
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I will not read what you asked me to read because you are not making any sense. What you are saying is like saying a light bulb is made from gas. I am not going to have an argument over what is gas and what is not gas.

OK, let's just assume (for the fun of it) that you're not just trolling. You will not read what I asked you to read because I am not making any sense? That doesn't make any sense. It is a link to an explanation of what Gas Giants are. Simple.

You say you are not arguing over what is gas and what is not... I never expected you to but now it seems that you are refusing to accept that Saturn is made of gas? Please correct me if I am wrong. Do you believe that Saturn is a solid planet?

There's no part of Saturn that you'd be able to get out and walk on, but the planet probably does have a tiny solid core.

www.optcorp.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
WOOOOW this thread lolz

First off let me say this, no one has ever been to saturn. Satellites telescopes don't count. All we have of these planets are "pictures",theories,hypothesis, etc etc. so therefore like some people are saying it could be a gas giant OR it could be a solid planet and thats just its atmosphere.

If we were far away and looking at the earth through a telescope, and lets say the whole planet was covered with clouds at the time, there is NO WAY anyone would no for certain if it was a gas planet or a solid

This place Is suppose to be about denying ignorance. When will the majority of you learn that, the information you have isn't written in stone and the information you have isn't law or absolute truth. You should know by now that nasa and other gov agencies don't tell or release all info to general public, and even they don't have all the answers.

So unless anyone has absolute facts, you have to at least respect and hear someone out. to many people on here automatically assume they are right and everyone else is wrong.
edit on 7-1-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: my 2 cents
edit on 7-1-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: (no reason given)

NO the problem on here is that there are to many people like YOU who have NO idea how science works if scientist didn't have a good understanding of what the mass of planets were probes could not be sent to the far edge of the solar system think of Voyager 1 & 2 they used a gravitational slingshot from Jupiter and Saturn to get them to were they are today.

It's not a guess if you can DENY IGNORANCE as you claim read this link and find out how the mass of a planet can be calculated by looking at its Moons and using physics next time do more research!!!

Determining the Mass of Jupiter Based on the Orbital Characteristics of the Galilean Moons

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Originally posted by wmd_2008

WOOOOW this thread lolz

First off let me say this, no one has ever been to saturn. Satellites telescopes don't count. All we have of these planets are "pictures",theories,hypothesis, etc etc. so therefore like some people are saying it could be a gas giant OR it could be a solid planet and thats just its atmosphere.

If we were far away and looking at the earth through a telescope, and lets say the whole planet was covered with clouds at the time, there is NO WAY anyone would no for certain if it was a gas planet or a solid

This place Is suppose to be about denying ignorance. When will the majority of you learn that, the information you have isn't written in stone and the information you have isn't law or absolute truth. You should know by now that nasa and other gov agencies don't tell or release all info to general public, and even they don't have all the answers.

So unless anyone has absolute facts, you have to at least respect and hear someone out. to many people on here automatically assume they are right and everyone else is wrong.
edit on 7-1-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: (no reason given)

NO the problem on here is that there are to many people like YOU who have NO idea how science works if scientist didn't have a good understanding of what the mass of planets were probes could not be sent to the far edge of the solar system think of Voyager 1 & 2 they used a gravitational slingshot from Jupiter and Saturn to get them to were they are today.

It's not a guess if you can DENY IGNORANCE as you claim read this link and find out how the mass of a planet can be calculated by looking at its Moons and using physics next time do more research!!!

Determining the Mass of Jupiter Based on the Orbital Characteristics of the Galilean Moons

Oh there you go lets trust this data and information as "scientific fact" because the overlords said this is the truth and this is the facts.

If you knew anything, you would know that tptb constantly twist and distort the truth, so its kinda crazy for you to just believe everything you were "taught" in those re education/ false information indoctrination camps...

I would tell you to wake up and smell the coffe, but you seem more of the kool aide type.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

If you can't understand the science just say there is no shame in that the majority on here don't seem to undestand it

Science has to have proofs, you well you have your paranoia
edit on 7-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Gas does not create gravity, nor does gas create planets. What you think you are looking at is gas.

I beg to differ. Gas absolutely does create gravity, and some planets are little but gas balls. The Sun is also just gas, and as you may have noted, the Earth as well as a few other planets orbit it because it has...gravity.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Gas does not create gravity, nor does gas create planets. What you think you are looking at is gas.
edit on 7-1-2013 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

Where on earth did you read that nonsense? Please enlighten me I would love to know where that analysis of Saturn (and Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus....presumably) comes from.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Oh there you go lets trust this data and information as "scientific fact" because the overlords said this is the truth and this is the facts.

If you knew anything, you would know that tptb constantly twist and distort the truth, so its kinda crazy for you to just believe everything you were "taught" in those re education/ false information indoctrination camps...

I would tell you to wake up and smell the coffe, but you seem more of the kool aide type.

Then please enlighten us.

Prove scientist wrong. Just don't sit there and type it out on a forum post "they are wrong and are just telling you lies!"

Prove it.

Use the scientific method and show your evidence that can be peer reviewed and results repeated by others.

Oh wait. That's what those scientist did...............

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
ok i,m going to say this......scientists have had to change their theory on just about everything to do with space

what they have believed they have had to re-evaluate so why is anything put forward that weird?

just cause it doesn,t fit with our physics doesn,t mean it may not be true.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
ok i,m going to say this......scientists have had to change their theory on just about everything to do with space

what they have believed they have had to re-evaluate so why is anything put forward that weird?

just cause it doesn,t fit with our physics doesn,t mean it may not be true.

yes, scientists have had to change their views on things but not everything. some things have had to be tweaked to be more accurate, some have had new aspects that have only added to its precision but some things are just irrefutable and hold true no matter what.

Although i think its pretty much nonsense, if the OP would like to have his point heard then maybe he should go back and think of a way to clarify it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

The planet is the result of people, which is what I am saying could be the case with Saturn.

Well you just shot yourself in the foot there. How is the Planet a result of people? We didn't create the solar system... I suggest you take a look at some of the evidence provided because you need it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I imagine there could be a civilization living in Saturn under all of that cover.

But...but.. you said Jupiter destroyed life on Saturn.
Right here:
Mars To Earth, With Love

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join