It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn, Not Like Before.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Gas Giant Interiors Jupiter Jupiter's composition is mainly hydrogen and helium. In contrast to planetary bodies covered with a hard surface crust (the Earth, for example), the jovian surface is gaseous-liquid, rendering the boundary between the atmosphere and the planet itself almost indistinguishable. Below the roughly 1000-kilometer-thick atmosphere, a layer of liquid hydrogen extends to a depth of 20,000 kilometers. Even deeper, it is believed that there is a layer of liquid metallic hydrogen at a pressure of 3 million bars. The planet core is believed to comprise iron-nickel alloy, rock, etc., at a temperature estimated to exceed 20,000C.

Saturn As with Jupiter, Saturn is mainly composed of hydrogen and helium and is observed to be of extremely low density. In fact, Saturn's mean density is only about two-thirds that of water. The Saturn atmosphere comprises, in descending order of altitude, a layer of ammonia, a layer of ammonium hydrogen sulfide, and a layer of ice. Below this, the saturnian surface is a stratum of liquid hydrogen (as in the case of Jupiter) underlain with a layer of liquid metallic hydrogen. It is believed that the liquid hydrogen layer of Saturn is thicker than that of Jupiter, while the liquid metallic hydrogen layer may be thinner. The planet's core is estimated to be composed of rock and ice.

Uranus Uranus is gaseous in composition, mainly comprising hydrogen and helium as in the case of Jupiter and Saturn. The planet atmosphere is mostly hydrogen but also includes helium and methane. The planet core is estimated to be rock and ice encompassed by an outer layer of ice comprised of water, ammonium, and methane.

Neptune The atmosphere of Neptune consists of mainly hydrogen, methane and helium, similar to Uranus. Below it is a liquid hydrogen layer including helium and methane. The lower layer is made up of the liquid hydrogen compounds oxygen and nitrogen. It is believed that the planet core comprises rock and ice. Neptune's average density, as well as the greatest proportion of core per planet size, is the greatest among all the gaseous planets.

These are BELIEFS. Not facts. Proves NOTHING.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Read his super long treatise on the matter, then try to refute it. He has TONS of evidence.

I view "thunderbolts" as being as accurate as the time cube guy.

Of course, you have to accept the premise that people in ancient times were not just insane and making up crazy stories for the hell of it. So, since the ancient texts were not "peer reviewed" you can't just brush them off.

Wow, another error. Yes, I can brush them off. "Insane", not necessarily, "very ignorant of science" might be better. Seriously, do you think sea animals are Sedna's fingers? Have you actually read some of the "ancient texts" that aren't cherry picked to support your belief? You really think they are describing literal truth? Really?

Why would everyone assign such enormous importance to tiny dots in the sky? On all parts of the world? And how would they know that Saturn had rings, and how many moons both Saturn and Jupiter have?

The importance part - they behave differently than stars. That's likely not obvious to you as I doubt you have observed them much yourself. But they don't move the same. Thus do they stand out, and if you're looking for rationalizations, you'll need to make up stories as to why. Being in the sky, you'll get stories that they're Gods, usually.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

These are BELIEFS. Not facts. Proves NOTHING.

I think you've got the words backwards. Your "ancient texts", those were beliefs. Beliefs no-one shares today.

Facts are what science gathers, to the extent possible. If you think people are just making up the things you deny, you haven't read much on the subject. There's actual real data to confirm these things. As opposed to, say, anything you read in ancient Mesopotamian, or on thunderbolts.info.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Again, you've yet to proven that ancient people actually believed that Saturn was the sun.

I'll repeat, the architecture says you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

Iapetus is the weird thing about Saturn (that's an i, not an L). Odd moon, that one! There is some good material online about it, if you can wade through the assumptions, and look just at the data. The thing looks constructed, with straight edges. You can see that in a few pics on the NASA site (same ones another site shows, that are, in fact, not altered from what NASA has - I checked).

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Op, could you explain why the rings don't make sense unless Saturn was inhabited?
I'm really curious to read your explanation, because you didn't elaborate the idea in the op.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
wouldn't it be cool to find a planet with a pure gem center!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

well now wait a minute guys,, he may have something here, have we ever sent a ship/probe through saturn? if we have ive never heard of it all we have is 1.8 million miles away photos.

how do we really know its a "gas" giant lol

but, if it was, how the hell are they getting sun? the dirty cloud cover would suck for plants other than microbes.... and why build a 12 mi high wall to sepperate 2 sides of nothing lived on heh

id be more interested to know if we can set the bugger on fire ^^ talk about global warming then 2 suns ^^

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I would just say life on saturn is less likely then life in any form on one of its moons, like encaladus.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This stone carving was found in Iraq near the ancient city of Babylon (Bagdad). Historians may falsely interpret this illustration. There are clearly two suns in the sky and everyone is looking up at them.

www.thetruthishere.com...

edit on 9-1-2013 by unitedeufope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by unitedeufope

Why two suns how about the Sun and Moon!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by unitedeufope

Why two suns how about the Sun and Moon!

Becuase the Moon doesn't have rays coming from it!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i've heard people say that the entire planet is a time machine...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by unitedeufope
This stone carving was found in Iraq near the ancient city of Babylon (Bagdad). Historians may falsely interpret this illustration. There are clearly two suns in the sky and everyone is looking up at them.

www.thetruthishere.com...

edit on 9-1-2013 by unitedeufope because: (no reason given)

Wouldn't a more reasonable explanation be a supernova?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I just read that Saturn is 95 times the size of Earth and that it takes Saturn 29 Earth years to orbit the sun. That's crazy. Not sure about the ideas of the OP, but it did get me thinking about how interesting Saturn is, so S&F.

It is weird that Saturn is the only planet with rings. I read the scientific explanation, but it is definitely a strange anomoly. It's tough to explain away the fact that all other planets are spheres, but this one huge planet has rings around it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by broctune
I just read that Saturn is 95 times the size of Earth and that it takes Saturn 29 Earth years to orbit the sun. That's crazy. Not sure about the ideas of the OP, but it did get me thinking about how interesting Saturn is, so S&F.

It is weird that Saturn is the only planet with rings. I read the scientific explanation, but it is definitely a strange anomoly. It's tough to explain away the fact that all other planets are spheres, but this one huge planet has rings around it.

All the gas giants have rings

There are actually four planets in our Solar System with rings, although some of the ring systems are so faint that they are hard to spot. These planets – Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune – are all gas giants.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

No sign of a supernova in that carving, just 2 normal suns! Supernovas look completely different in carvings.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

correct me if im wrong but didnt planetary scienctists use spectral analysis of the light emissions/ reflections from each planet in our solar system to determine their composition ?
you know using the frequencies of light you can determine the molecular composition of things

This data can be collected by yourself if you care to get the equipment

Im not saying its completely out of the possible , but if saturn was a previously a star wouldnt there be some direct evidence of this for example wouldnt a supernova of a star that big wipe out most if not all of the other planets in its vicinity ? from the carving shown in this thread earth was here when saturn was still a sun , if it went supernova , we wouldnt be here !

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join