It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn, Not Like Before.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11

Saturn's interior is probably composed of a core of iron, nickel and rock (silicon and oxygen compounds), surrounded by a deep layer of metallic hydrogen, an intermediate layer of liquid hydrogen and liquid helium and an outer gaseous layer.[17] The planet exhibits a pale yellow hue due to ammonia crystals in its upper atmosphere.
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Saturn is not made of gas. There is a planet inside the Saturn you are looking at. Why do you have a problem with that? What does not make sense is, you thinking there is nothing there but gas.

Where has anyone ever said that, this I mean

you thinking there is nothing there but gas.

Please if you have trouble understanding English just say as many of our members are from non English speaking countries.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

The planet is the result of people, which is what I am saying could be the case with Saturn.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Of course it does not make sense when you use it out of context. Similar to lying really.

What does not make sense is, you thinking there is nothing there but gas.

edit on 7-1-2013 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The planet is the result of people, which is what I am saying could be the case with Saturn.

Can you please explain what you mean by "The planet is the result of people"?

Are you saying Earth looks the way it does from space because of humans manipulating the landscape by building cities and such, I'm just not sure what you mean.

Can you explain with maybe more than one sentence because

"The planet is the result of people, which is what I am saying could be the case with Saturn."

Doesn't answer my question you just repeated the statement in your OP I was asking about but using different words to say the same thing which I am confused about.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
For starters this thread is clearly derailed. Second, it should probably be moved to another forum other than space exploration. If you had scientific data, news article or something to reference then I could understand this forum.

To reply to the OP, although I don't agree I love genuine artistic imagination. If it wasn't for this quality we'd still be thinking the sun revolves around earth. Saturn is a majestic planet and we likely have a scant understanding of the planet. The Summerian spoke of Saturn in the Epoch of Creation. Saturn was pissed a moon from another became a planet and began disrupting Saturns pull in the system and asked Anu to intervene. Anu sends Nibiru who uses his Demi-God, read: moon to smash the rogue planet.

Anyway, love the idea and imagination. Not staying I agree just think its characteristics like your that keep us growing and evolving.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Of course it does not make sense when you use it out of context. Similar to lying really.

What does not make sense is, you thinking there is nothing there but gas.

edit on 7-1-2013 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

Use what out of context, I quoted your whole post and asked you where anyone said that Saturn is only made of gas.

You sir or madam have some serious issues in comprehension

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I presented theories which came from the point of the thread, which is to show the "storm" is actually moving clockwise from the center, which means it is not a storm. The thread is not about gas or gravity or for people to argue about what is irrelevant to the point of the thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils

I presented theories which came from the point of the thread, which is to show the "storm" is actually moving clockwise from the center, which means it is not a storm. The thread is not about gas or gravity or for people to argue about what is irrelevant to the point of the thread.

The threads title is vague "Saturn as not before" before what? Before the unknown civilization created it? Before when it was a brown dwarf?

This thread has no evidence of any of these claims. Evidence of the OP's creative & unique imagination & immature responses to valid questions. Perhaps being around animals all day with your degree in zoology has made you resort to unsocialized behavior amongst our species & the devolution of your English grammar & comprehension. Coco the guerrilla communicates in sign language to humans better than you do in this thread.
The cages are calling you, they need to be cleaned.

I believe it was another poster to be in Zoology but the OP does seem confused in their responses, any way I am out as this seem to have become a trollfest that I am a part of

So as fiftyfifty said

Adios Amigos

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by CaptChaos

EVERY ancient culture says that Saturn USED TO BE THE SUN.

Uuuuhh What? I have never heard anything like that.
It sounds like a bad line from one of those crappy tv shows.

Maybe you should look into it. Allot of ancient civilizations have said Saturn was our sun.
Look at the massive amount of rock orbiting Saturn. Some catastrophe happened, maybe its related to earth, possibly the reasons ancient cultures and technology just seemed to disappear off the face of the earth.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by CaptChaos

EVERY ancient culture says that Saturn USED TO BE THE SUN.

Uuuuhh What? I have never heard anything like that.
It sounds like a bad line from one of those crappy tv shows.

umm actually he is right, do your homework. many ancient texts reefer to Saturn as our old sun.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So just for the record. Saturn used to be our sun AND its the result of man? THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Loving this thread!! Thanks OP, you made my day.
Flag for entertainment!

Now back to the wine...

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

Actually, you didn't propose a single theory. You looked at a picture of a storm on saturn, a still image, and "deduced" not only the direction of movement (apparently the opposite of what is clearly taking place in the image) but also "deduced" that it's not moving faster at the center, and therefore is about to spit out a moon.

honestly, that's some of the most random, incoherent crap I've ever read here, and I've read a lot of crap, hell, I've posted a lot of crap.

But lets just burst your silly little bubble and be done with it. Firstly, you have no theory, secondly, you ignore basic facts like....

The rings of saturn look awesome, but in fact, are quite common, I believe Uranus still has rings, or did. In fact, most planets at one time probably had rings, but to explain that to you would be a waste, because you'd just ignore the fact that the rings are made up of debris.

Gas has mass. This is basic stuff friend, oxygen is a gas, and guess what, it has weight. That's why most of the oxygen sticks to the surface of our planet, getting gradually thinner and thinner as you get higher...

Because of ... wait for it...

GRAVITY.

But i'll be kind here and give you 1 win. Gas doesn't create gravity. But, gas contains mass, and MASS has a gravitational effect.

That's why gas planets like Jupiter are round, and haven't flung off all the material into deep space, GRAVITY.

So until you can grasp a basic fact, something completely indisputable, I suggest you stop posting theories if you can't take the criticism.

And my friend, this thread deserves more than criticism

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A Theory, especially a Scientific Theory is:

a well-confirmed type of explanation of nature, made in a way consistent with scientific method, and fulfilling the criteria required by modern science. Such theories are described in such a way that any scientist in the field is in a position to understand and either provide empirical support ("verify") or empirically contradict ("falsify") it. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge,[2] in contrast to more common uses of the word "theory" that imply that something is unproven or speculative (which is better defined by the word 'hypothesis').[3] Scientific theories are also distinguished from hypotheses, which are individual empirically testable conjectures, and scientific laws, which are descriptive accounts of how nature will behave under certain conditions.[4]

A Hypothesis is considered:

People refer to a trial solution to a problem as a hypothesis, often called an "educated guess"[8][9] because it provides a suggested solution based on the evidence. Experimenters may test and reject several hypotheses before solving the problem.

Your OP isn't either of these. Instead it is pure speculation. HIGHLY speculative (and should not be here in this part of the forum, but should be in Skunk Works instead).

Saturn atmosphere has been discussed by other posters I see.

As for the "wall" on Lapetus being a constructed artifact, you might want to take a closer look at it like Cassini did:

Looks more like actual mountains with impact craters to me than something artificially built.

As for the Hexagonal Cloud Pattern at the north pole, it is NOT part of the storm that is there.

The actual Vortex is much smaller in diameter, and spins just like storms here on Earth. The link I just have has a video in IR that shows it spinning just fine.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
WOOOOW this thread lolz

First off let me say this, no one has ever been to saturn. Satellites telescopes don't count. All we have of these planets are "pictures",theories,hypothesis, etc etc. so therefore like some people are saying it could be a gas giant OR it could be a solid planet and thats just its atmosphere.

If we were far away and looking at the earth through a telescope, and lets say the whole planet was covered with clouds at the time, there is NO WAY anyone would no for certain if it was a gas planet or a solid

This place Is suppose to be about denying ignorance. When will the majority of you learn that, the information you have isn't written in stone and the information you have isn't law or absolute truth. You should know by now that nasa and other gov agencies don't tell or release all info to general public, and even they don't have all the answers.

So unless anyone has absolute facts, you have to at least respect and hear someone out. to many people on here automatically assume they are right and everyone else is wrong.
edit on 7-1-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: my 2 cents

edit on 7-1-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
it must be manmade

we can recreate the hexagon by moving fluids:

'The video above shows the development of a flow produced when a disk or ring mounted in the base or lid of the tank is set into rotation relative to the rest of the tank,' Peter Read explains. 'This differential rotation carries the fluid along with it to create a shear flow in which the azimuthal flow varies with radius. It crudely represents the shear found on the flanks of the eastward-moving jet stream on Saturn at around 76 degrees North, with around the same magnitude of shear compared with the background rotation as on Saturn itself.' He tells me that this flow is unstable and spontaneously develops meanders and vortices that eventually form a six-sided pattern that settles into a hexagonal shape - something made clear by the pattern of tracer particles. 'The formation of such a steady, symmetrical pattern, slowly drifting around a tank, seems to be directly analogous to what appears to be happening on Saturn itself on a scale of thousands of kilometres,' Peter adds.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
another beautiful example:

vid
edit on 7-1-2013 by IgnorantSquare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Although I disagree with the OP's original speculation on his/her outlook on Saturn, I don't think it's right to bash on them for the post so hard...

This video above is quite long, but there is some interesting speculation on Saturn, (minus the crazy guy rambling). Point being, I think Saturn is very mysterious and there is a lot to be discovered. As to the OP, I am going to have to disagree with your view of people building it and what not, you'll need to back that up better.
edit on 7-1-2013 by wiseseeker because: fixed the video link

edit on 7-1-2013 by wiseseeker because: still not working
here's the video www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join