It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Animal Encounters Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by germanemma

Aawww cutieee!!! they are so lovable,those ears just get me,and the expressions on their little faces,thank you!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Oh, you want CUTE, do you?

This one requires insulin after viewing:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thats cute OVERLOAD! Adorable
thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

We had some fur babies one year, she's one. We used to take them outside when they were wee and the weather was nice so they could work on running around and playing in the grass.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Embrace the cute:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've had lots of awe-inspiring animal encounters, but the craziest was probably the one with "Big Jim" in Sedona, AZ.

I was visiting a friend who lived in an apartment house, and we used to sit out on their porch that ran the whole length of the apartment building. One day we were sitting out there -- I on the floor because there weren't enough chairs -- and the neighbor's door opens and out walks this humungous green iguana. With the tail, he must have been about 7 feet long; the circumference of his head was that of a small dog. My friend said his name was Big Jim and he was 13 years old, and that he liked to sunbathe on the porch; the neighbor kept him in a huge terrarium in her living room.

I was shocked; I'm not really into lizards, and that thing was a little too close for comfort. As I was thinking that, he looked at me, turned around and started walking straight towards me. I was pulling back, kind of scared and not knowing what he was going to do. So he stopped, looked at me with obvious exasperation, and then turned away from me, as if he was saying, "Oh geez, what a wimp!" So I calmed myself down and looked at him and tried to see the beauty in this monster of a lizard, and vowed to myself if he came up again, this time I wouldn't flinch.

Again, as I was thinking that, he looked at me like he was checking me out, and started to move toward me again. But instead of coming straight to me, he brushed closely by me and proceeded to walk through the open door into my friend's apartment, occasionally looking back as if saying, "Follow me." So I did. He calmly walked into the living room and hopped on the couch and then on the back of the couch, where he sat, waiting. So I cautiously walked to the couch and in my mind asked him if it would be OK to sit with him. I got no negative vibes, so I carefully sat down on the couch and leaned my head against the back, directly facing him, and closed my eyes.

What happened then is hard to describe. I felt my third eye open with a vigor I've never before or since experienced. His seemed to do the same (I learned later that lizards have a real, physical third eye they sense with), and the most amazing communication ensued between us. There were no words or images; it was just this unbelievable creature-to-creature, soul-to-soul communication and total, wordless understanding. I've never seen anything like it. Some of the others had followed us into the living room to see what was going on, and I heard one of them say, "Oh my God, I saw her third eye open!"

Big Jim and I remained like that for maybe 10 minutes (even though it felt like ages), and then he started moving, slowly climbed down from the back of the couch and onto my lap. I put my arm around him, and we sat there. It felt a total union of man and animal, and the emotional warmth and connection was just indescribable. Finally my legs started to tingle (this guy weighed a LOT!), and I mentally asked him to get off my legs. Immediately, he moved and hopped down on the floor and back onto the porch where he proceeded sunbathing. I was completely out of it for another half hour or so.

BTW, hearing about the incident, Big Jim's owner said later that while he was tame, he wasn't really a "pet" pet, i.e., in 13 years, he had not once sat in her lap or anything like that. I felt incredibly honored to have that encounter.

Once, when my husband, son, and I went to a campground in New Hampshire, I tamed some chipmunks that were living around our cabin. I fed them small crumbs of health-food oat granola bars until one of them finally got fed up, climbed up on my legs and ripped the whole bar out of my hand.

For some reason, in our family I always seem to be the one who rescues little critters that can't find their way out of our garage, from dragonflies to humming birds or little songbirds... and they all seem to just trust me and feel comfortable with me almost instantly. It would probably be more if we didn't have two very spirited dogs and a cat that chase most of the wildlife off (or even hunt it down and eat it; unfortunately, the chipmunks around our home usually don't have a long life).

Human/wild-animal communication and contact is just one of the most awe-some things we can be blessed with. I
edit on 11-1-2013 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Hope you don't consider this off-topic (if you do - let me know)...but -
Some of these tales send me into tail-spins with questions of this reality.
Maybe not just these stories, but many more experiences of my own.
And, of course, many of these stories are as near (in spirit) to my own...it's as if they are born of the same womb.
The iguana responding to sylvie's thoughts...and acting in a way it never had.
The dung beetle leaving its normal course of activity, and "communing" with Raxoxane...
So many others ----
What is going on?
Are they pretending through most of the rest of their lives/time...and occassionally drop the mask, and say "peek-a-boo"?
Really!
Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

What breed is this,Maltese poodle or Toy Pom maybe? They were the sweetest cutest l'il bebbehs!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Wow,oh i envy you that experience!!!!!! im so happy for you,though,that you had this,very sacred! Thank you so much for sharing this.I think they are stunning animals,iguanas.We like all geckos,lizards,monitors,etc.We find them very beautiful indeed.If i had my way,our home would be Crawling with them
make no mistake-only thing is,i love cats even more,and i dont think that would make for a safe living place for such an animal friend.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

No,not off-topic at all,in fact,i was wondering if a pattern would emerge-and it has,in spades

Its becoming clearer these days,that we seem to have an unexplored telepathic connection with animals.I would say,from their end,they have always been "open" for comms, we just never really,we humans,opened up "our end" of the comms line,if you know what im trying to say.
We seem to have viewed them as being in primarily 2 categories:1)Food,or as servants to help us out, eg guide dogs,horses.
2)As beautiful but to be admired from afar,as in zoo's and game reserves,or in doccies on TV,in other words as decoration.
Its becoming more and more apparent to me,as ive started opening myself up to the infinite,including Mother Earth and her creatures,that there's a whole dimension of our existence that we have cheated ourselves out of,by the narrowness of our perceptions and beliefs.Following a shamanic path,i have not only become closer to my Source,but ive started noticing more and more,that Earth and her creatures are,and in fact hungry for interaction from those who approach them with an open mind and heart.
What that little dungbeetle did that day,AND MORE TO THE POINT,WHAT IT IMPLIES..will stay with me for as long as i live.
I could kick myself black and blue for all the years i was too wrapped up in my own problems,worries,and with the mundane things of everyday life,to SEE,and to reach out.Because that is what you inadvertently do,when you open your mind and heart,you are reaching out to them,and they feel it,and they respond.
I think those of us who have awakened to how hungry our neglected and abused Mother and her children are for communion with us,we should expect miracles.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Btw,we have also rescued birds and gecko's form the mouths of cats
so many times ive been in just the right spot to see one of our cats with a wiggly something or tail protruding,and was just in time to pry a gecko from its mouth.Once a gecko is picked up by my husband,it will Not get off,he has to delicately pry it off.
We're lucky to have in our town a doctor who has a small sanctuary at his home where he nurses and houses injured or orphaned birds,and also snakes.We had to call him 3 times already to come fetch birdbabies that fell out of their nests,one was a loerie,there were 2 baby hawks as well.Once he was already in his truck with his wife,about to go on vacation when i called,and he postponed them leaving till he had the baby hawk settled in.I assume he has someone who feeds and tends to them when he's at work,or out of town,but he did go out of his way to collect the bird and make sure it was cared for.Everyone here are very happy that we can give him a call at such times,and he never refuses to help.A good man.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Malteses. My wife had malteses, I was more a shepherd boxer or big terrier guy but I fell in love with Malties after I got to know hers. My boy and her girl had a big batch of 4, they were spoiled terribly.

I taught the pups to smile. Three of them will still do it. I used to pick them up, smooch their head and smile at them a couple of times a day, eventually they started grinning back. Now they greet people by running up to them and giving them a big cheshire cat grin.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
These great stories make me wonder if humans really are the only intelligent species on planet earth. S&F, thanks OP.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
These great stories make me wonder if humans really are the only intelligent species on planet earth. S&F, thanks OP.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: Refer to short answer.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

Hope you don't consider this off-topic (if you do - let me know)...but -
Some of these tales send me into tail-spins with questions of this reality.
Maybe not just these stories, but many more experiences of my own.
And, of course, many of these stories are as near (in spirit) to my own...it's as if they are born of the same womb.
The iguana responding to sylvie's thoughts...and acting in a way it never had.
The dung beetle leaving its normal course of activity, and "communing" with Raxoxane...
So many others ----
What is going on?
Are they pretending through most of the rest of their lives/time...and occassionally drop the mask, and say "peek-a-boo"?
Really!
Any thoughts?

I think it's not them, it's YOU. When you're in a certain, heightened state of mind, things like this can happen. I heard of Native Americans having this kind of animal -- and even plant -- communication all the time. I heard of someone going out in the desert and having such a communication experience with a rattlesnake! (That would probably scare me too much, though.)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by sylvie

Once a gecko is picked up by my husband,it will Not get off,he has to delicately pry it off.

Yes, they do that; same with frogs and other reptiles/amphibians. If they're small enough, you can cover them in your hands for a few minutes, and then when you open your hands, they will not run away, even if you try to get them off. I once did that with a gecko I'd caught, and it stayed on me for hours, running all over me and having a ball.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
No,not off-topic at all,in fact,i was wondering if a pattern would emerge-and it has,in spades

Its becoming clearer these days,that we seem to have an unexplored telepathic connection with animals.I would say,from their end,they have always been "open" for comms, we just never really,we humans,opened up "our end" of the comms line,if you know what im trying to say.
We seem to have viewed them as being in primarily 2 categories:1)Food,or as servants to help us out, eg guide dogs,horses.
2)As beautiful but to be admired from afar,as in zoo's and game reserves,or in doccies on TV,in other words as decoration.
Its becoming more and more apparent to me,as ive started opening myself up to the infinite,including Mother Earth and her creatures,that there's a whole dimension of our existence that we have cheated ourselves out of,by the narrowness of our perceptions and beliefs.Following a shamanic path,i have not only become closer to my Source,but ive started noticing more and more,that Earth and her creatures are,and in fact hungry for interaction from those who approach them with an open mind and heart...

This brings up a question I ponder all the time…regarding dogs & to a lesser degree, cats (generically - pets).
Many of them (breeds or varieties) would probably not be capable of fending for themselves if they were not “kept”…unless, of course, they found their respective ways into some kind/s of packs.
I live in the/a city.
There are all kinds of rules (statutory &/or societal) that we are bound by, and need to abide by in order to “get along” in such cramped quarters.
Some of those rules regard our “pets”.
We can’t just allow them to “be what you are”, but rather must require them to curb or amend some of their natural behavior/s…so we can live peaceably with each other.

Example:
Dogs barking…
It’s something we appreciate from them, when strange people come around…
It’s something we appreciate from them in other appropriate situations…
But it is not something we (or the neighbors) appreciate in the middle of the night, or at other inopportune moments (sleeping babies, migraines, “night worker – day sleeper”, etc…)…
Yet, we “must”, if we are going to keep them, require that they change, alter, amend or altogether stop this natural behavior.
And, in so doing, it seems, we do little more than confuse them.

Absent “civilized society”, there would be little place for the many species of dogs (thus – the many millions of the same)…as natural selection would probably favor the dominant canines in the wild, today.
…But…I have had many experiences/encounters with dogs & cats, similar in genre, to other tales of animal encounters in this thread.
(…as well as with pigs, horses, other owls & birds, skunks, various insects, etc…, too.)
For me, however, it is more –
don’t think about it – don’t communicate with them
-than-
oh, I can’t wait for it to happen again!”.

While I should probably attempt to explain "why"...that will need to wait for another time.
I know that is the opposite of your view/perspective…
Wish I could adopt yours.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

You're welcome to share your explanation whenever you feel comfy to do so,no rush,or send me a u2u if you don't feel like discussing it publicly.And yes,ive often wondered,in a scenario like the "Life After People" series,how the smaller dog breeds would make out.I think cats would fare quite well,in general.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Hey Sylvie:-) ive actually had plant interaction,didnt wanna go into that too much,people so easily that one's a frootloop,you know? But i did experience that,when in a very peaceful serene frame of mind. Being in a state of feeling complete+total one-ness with nature in my special part of the garden, ive had interaction with plants.And in case anyone's wondering,i didnt have any other plant variety in my blood stream :-D I say,eg "Hey there plant" (shame,it was a rather ugly weed,this,idk why,i felt to address this specific plant,i guess i felt sorry for it) and moments later,in the total absence of even a slight breeze,and with all the other plants statue-still,this plant starts moving,slow first,then faster,till it was practically swaying.This happened more than once,with that specific plant. Not the type of thing one talks about much,understandably :-)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Thank you jimmiec, and what smyleegirl said :-)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join