The Amazing Animal Encounters Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ranthenae

Thanks for sharing.The bald eagle-that's the classic American image,the one on government seals,etc? That is an imposing bird,they certainly are magnificent.Would'nt like to get on the wrong side of one of those,though-that beak looks formidable
!!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
My Wild Dolphin Encounter

Now this story sounds unbelievable, but I promise it really happened.

I was in Florida on a vacation. It was early morning, the beach was fairly deserted. Mostly just folks walking the beach and the occasional over-eager swimmer (which was me and my friends).

Suddenly we noticed a fin in the water. We were out about waist deep, so weren't too concerned (and didn't know at the time that sharks can attack in shallow water). Anyway, it was a dolphin swimming nearby.

Then we saw the second fin. A baby! Right next to Mom!

This is where it gets interesting. The mother kinda "nudged" the baby towards us. It actually came close enough for us to touch it. It saw around us a couple of times, we petted its back and fin. Then mom made a clicking noise, baby swam back, and both swam out to sea.

It was beyond magical. Almost like the mother was bringing the baby and introducing her to humans.

I just hope we made a favorable impression!

thats just right up there with the best yet

the only time i have seen dolphins was when we went sea fishing

oh and when i was a lad we went to the isle of man and they swam

with us for a while

oh lucky you not just a dolphin but a baby dolphin

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by maryhinge

Victor Meldrew..
He is our ansolute,ALLTIME favorite character out of every movie or TV show EVER!!! OMG poor Margaret
Seriously,One Foot In The Grave is the one series i could watch reruns of every day in my life and it would never get old.Except for Frasier,we prefer Brit-comedy to American-there's just no comparison.Oh and we love Fawlty Towers..
Que???Manuel was priceless!

fawlty towers youve got to love it

at the start of every episode the anagram fawlty towers

my fav anagram as got to be flowery t###s

forgot to add star and flagged

we went off topic so ill just add the rat in the water tank
edit on 9/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You"re right-that Was beyond magickal-you and your friends were very privileged.What a gift,to have that experience!! Im really happy for you.I sometimes from outa the blue,get this image of a happy smiling dolphin face in my mind,and for weeks,every day,that specific dolphin image will pop into my mind many times a day-this fascinates me.I wonder what it means,always the same image,of a dolphin by the edge of a pool,like at Sea World type places.
One day,an aquaintance of the New Age persuasion,tells me she got a message for me,i cannot remember how or from whom she said she got this,and it was nothing earth-shattering-i only remember one part of it-she said: The dolphins are trying to send you a message" and i have to say,that was in the time-frame where i first had a few weeks of my dolphin imaging going on,so it was a Huh? moment again.
We're hoping to be able to go to the ocean for a vacation this year(we have'nt been able to take a vacation for almost 9 years)so i fervently hope we can manage it-who knows,maybe i will meet with a dolphin.Stranger things have happened

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Love this thread! I have had lots of encounters with wildlife including a similar experience to the one of the buck standing in the middle of the road while the doe and fawn crossed. What a privilege to see that.

One encounter was rather amazing to me. I was busy cursing the ever increasing price of groceries while I was carrying groceries from my car to the house until I heard a different type of birdcall . For no particular reason I tried to imitate the sound as I walked towards the door. When I went back outside to get a couple more bags, I saw for the first time in my life a beautiful red cardinal was on the picket fence not three feet from my car. It looked me straight in the eye and gave its call once more. I attemped to imitate it again. It puffed itself up, turned its head and ruffled its feathers in a gesture of total disgust as it then flew away. It totally changed my mood to gratitude for that special encounter.

edit on 9-1-2013 by aboutface because: typos

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Love this thread!
Thanks!
Many I would like to share...but, it's late...so -
I was working out in a desert area... 24-hours, round-the-clock for nearly two weeks.
I stayed in an RV that had all the comforts I needed (satellite internet & tv, refrigerator, stove, bed, etc...), and through some of the days, when my focus wasn't needed elsewhere, I would look out over the sagebrush, mesquite & cactus landscape, hoping to get a glimpse of my two favorite creatures, since starting this "job" - I am guessing that they were "burrowing owls"...don't know for certain - but, they were the smallest owls I'd ever seen.
Rarely would a day go by that I was not blessed with one or many sightings.
One night, late (after midnight, I believe), near the end of this stint, I thought I was having a heart attack, and wanting to get outside so others might see me and possibly get help, I stumbled down the steps into the dirt...and lie there for at least a few minutes (presumably)... Regaining my wits about me, I stood up, started brushing the dirt off...and walked toward the western edge of the "site".
After reaching this "edge", I simply gazed across the dark desert, and at the night sky...then caught a glimpse of one of the small owls skirting the edge of the sagebrush...then, lighting on a stack of pipes that were about a hundred feet to my right.
I called out loud (though, there was too much other noise around for the bird to have heard me), something to the effect of "May I please look at you?"... I don't think I expected anything - but surely wished...
Within a couple of seconds, I watched as the owl began readjusting its perch on the pipe/s...then, lept into flight, headed straight at me... It continued flying at me, until I realized it would fly right into me...and, as I was about to jump out of the way, it pulled up, and began hovering about 10 feet away, and perhaps 5 feet above me...giving me a perfect view of its breast, belly & under wings.
It held this fluttering hover for 5 or 10 seconds - I thanked it profusely - and it flew off, back into the darkness.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Please share if you want,any amazing,profound or even funny animal encounters on this thread,its very uplifting to read such,and i think in these times,we all can do with some wonderments :-)

Hi Raxoxane - you sound like such a lovely person, no wonder birds are drawn to you. I also think dung beetles are amazing.

I have 4 lovebirds as pets - I know I know caged birds are not good, but I love them, have had them years and they have flying space in a 24 ft enclosure everyday, and I try my best to be good to them. I notice though some people in my home have stood by their cage to admire them and they just cheep happily, others they look unnerved and once the man fixing my washing machine stood next to their cage and they squawked in panic.

They are hand trained and have always had a good home with me, since they were eggs, so they do not fear humans - but they are so sensitive to energy. So if birds like you your energy must be good

My amazing animal experience happened in South Africa actually, your lovely country. I swear an elephant I was stroking spoke to me. Not words - but just thoughts, feelings and emotions and love flooded my consciousness.

I cried for days afterwards - he was from a culled herd in Zimbabwe, he was heartbroken but so so intelligent and full of love. I will never forget him.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Thanx for sharing,Spike,and the pic is beautiful.That was definitely a special experience-the faith the crow put in you not to hurt him-wonderful.I think crows are awesome birds,there's so much folklore about them,mysterious kinda birds,very striking.Really smart too.Some people find 'em a bit creepy,but they're cute,imo.Somewhere around this area where i live,there's a pair of huge black+white crows,really large for their breed.One of The most intriguing+mystical totems also.Crow lives in the void,where he sees past,present and future :-)

Really - I have a special connection to crows I love them they fascinate me .. and when I was young we had a young rook [ same family ] live in our house, he had fallen from the nest and my mum fed him back to health. He used to sit in the tree with me age 5 and I would pass him a stick and he would drop it, so I would pass him another one etc.

He could also say ' hello' they are minor birds able to mimic speech. Plus if you put cheese in a match box, closed it and put it under the rug, he could get it out open it up and eat the cheese, they have the cognitive ability of a 4 year old child, they use tools and they can recognise themselves in a mirror, like great apes [ including us], dolphins and elephants.

I feel a special; connection with crow - but I dont know why.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Thank you for your wonderful stories,im enjoying them all so much.I will reply tonight when im by my pc-cell's having trouble wth connections today---------Anyway,i had an amazing thing happen-i was outside in the night,round 1:15am,letting my dogs out for a pee,and finishing my ciggy.That was the night of the day i started this thread actually,and i made some replies.That got me thinking about when my lovely old Great Dane passes on,whether i should get a Dane again,or a breed like a Rottweiler,Weimaraners are a breed i find very lovely also,but the hubby and i both adore Mastiffs too,so i was thinking on dog breeds,and a future dog for my family.Thinking we'll propably get a Dane again-because Mastiffs are monstously expensive here.Next thing,my Dane gives a sudden bark,and i look in the direction she's staring-AND ROUND THE CORNER OF OUR HOUSE PEEKS THE HEAD+FORELEGS OF A YOUNG BLACK GREAT DANE.. So i assumed it was a stray,because no one around here keeps a Dane,the nearest one i know of is in town,8 clix away,and an adult dog.I brought my dogs inside,and fed the stray some leftover pizza through my bedroom _She was starving,poor thing.Next morn as the hubby leaves for work,she's still there,and does'nt wanna leave.So we're caring for her at the moment.If we don't find her owners,she's most,most welcome to stay------------ I just find that an astounding synchronicity-i mean-What ARE the odds?? Im thinking of our future dog-and our most beloved breed,a Dane,a young, female shows up at my house,out in the Bush,in the middle of the night?!? Im not religious,but this is,wow..almost like an "act of God".Quite frankly,i did a tripletake when i saw her peeking round the house JUST THEN.I experience many many synchronicities,regularly,but this one was just gobsmacking,i thought i was hallucinating there :-D

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I myself have been reduced to tears by nature and its creatures.
It is one of the most AMAZING feelings ever....

PLPL

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Oh wow, congratulations! What a special gift for you, even if you do locate the owners, which I somehow believe you won't if it was hungry and a bit emaciated.

One day I awoke to a beautiful morning wherein nature was at its best. I heard a little noise coming from our pool, a soft paddling noise. I immediately ran to the open window, afraid that a passing kitty had once again fallen in our pool while trying to get a drink of water.

However as the rising sun's rays streamed down the hillside, they shone on a beautiful loon peacefully enjoying a morning swim, her bright colors so beautiful as she held her head high and paddled softly. I had never seen a loon before and I quickly realized that no picture I had ever seen of one had ever done them justice.

Her mate was all tucked in and resting on the pool's white coping, watching her. It was a tender intimate moment. I watched in silence, not wishing to disturb them in any way, thrilled that nature had come calling and allowing me to witness such beauty and calm.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Wonderful thread
Sorry I am not speaking english normally

My share: Once I went strolling alone for a walk near a small village and then I entered a footpath in the middle of 2 fields near some woods. I was utmost surprised to see a huge wild hare hopping on this path directly in front of me coming near and nearer until it was merely some meters away. It stopped suddenly and stared at me.It seemed it could not see too well ? I avoided the direct look and bent somehow downwards as if picking up food or something like a cow would perhaps do. So maybe the hare felt I was no danger and came nearer again always looking at me with a suspicious eye . I continue to remain occupied with my " invisible food" on the ground , and the animal came to a distance beneath me where I could have touched it if I would have wanted. Instead I made a photo of it as it nibbled some grass at my feet ! .. but do not yet know how to post that.

After a while the hare went backwards again but never in a haste and i followed slowly..
I felt so blessed and I will ever remember it hoping of another chance soon.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here is the picture of that hare / finally succeeded with Image Shack

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by germanemma
Here is the picture of that hare / finally succeeded with Image Shack

Nice tale.
Looks a lot like a Jackrabbit, though, often, the Jackrabbit's ears will be significantly longer.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

I know,me too
its a very humbling feeling one gets.Also,when i have concerns about whats happening politically,in society, the worrying way things are going everywhere,nature and her creatures seem to say to me:This is the real world,right here.Away from the interference and sinister activities of governments and man,THIS still abides.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Beautiful little bird!! i liked the sound of it too
thanks for sharing.We dont get them here unfortunately,but we do get others with lovely colors.Its wonderful,how an animal encounter can change one's mood,its happened to me too-sometimes one can't help but just smile,even forget irritation and annoyance.I quite frankly can Not imagine not living close to nature.Its like therapy,many times when i go outside

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Thank you,a wonderful story.It really IS true-the animals and birdlife can "read" us,our intentions,im convinced of it.Those little owls sounds so adorable
I was sitting outside one afternoon,a few days ago,and out of the game reserve bordering our fenceline,there were flying hundreds and hundreds of small white butterflies,they were flying quite high,but one or two were lower.I looked at the nearest one to me and sent it a little message-"Come closer,i would like to see you closer up" and sure as taxes,it came fluttering close to me a few times,low on the ground!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Thank you Helen what a nice thing to say

Elephants are MAGNIFICENT!!! And seriously,there are very few cuter,more adorable things on this rock than baby ellies.Your story made me tear up a bit-but in a good way
These animals are so like humans emotionally,in the way they interact with each other too,minus the mean-spiritness and hatred.They should be protected and cherished at all costs,and i applaud any government that goes out of their way to do so.If i was a billionaire,suffice to say,i would out of my own pocket,spend a large part of my fortune to help those efforts-we can Not afford to lose them.
You know,when i was a kid,my mother always kept poultry,and budgies,she was a big lover of birds.So one day this powder-blue budgie of hers escape,and she's heartbroken.BUT a few days later,maybe 3 days later,im playing out in the yard,when i see something blue falling out of the sky-it was her budgie-and it was hauling ass to get back to us! It alit on a fence next to me,she heard me hollering by this time,and was so overjoyed to see it
It just sat there,waiting till she picked it up and took it inside.It must have found life to hard or dangerous out there,or maybe it missed her,but we were both so happy it decided to come back,whatever the reason!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Oh so That's what loons look like-i did'nt know they were a type of duck! Thank you for sharing this-they are very lovely indeed!
From all the Stephen King books ive read,that always mentions the calls of loons at least once,i assumed it was a larger bird type,like the hadedas we get here
they have a very distinct,loud type of call.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by germanemma

Thanks for sharing,yes rabbits and hares are delightful little animals,im glad you had this encounter.My daughter's best friend has 3 rabbits,a black,a dark grey,and also a black+white one.They allow these to roam outside their yard,there's a little hole in the wall for them to crawl out and back in.These people live in a very quiet street,opposite a little river that flows through town,with lots of trees and greenery.So whenever we go pick up our daughter,we see these rabbits hopping around in this little miniature forest-it looks very English countryside-absolutely whimsical and charming and magickal,we love it

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join