It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Animal Encounters Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Well i wanted to wait a few days to see how things turned out-and my gift is still here,Yayyyyy

We did'nt see any missing posters for her so far,and im beginning to think some-one may have just abandoned her because Danes eat a lot,they're big dogs.Though how anyone could not want her is beyond me! She's so lovely,still thin,ribs showing,but we're feeding her and bathed and de-ticked her,and her coat looks lovely and glossy now.Just pains me to see a dog with ribs sticking out.

She had a worrying episode on Saturday,though,she started throwing up,and Oh.My.Absolute.God....It was like the movie "Jennifer's Body" where Jennifer(Megan Fox) throws up this flood of insane sh**,all black and evil-looking? It looked like cement,there was a big plastic food wrapper in there,3/4 little ALUMINUM pie containers,even what looked like stones,along with old soursmelling veggies.It was unbelievable that even a big dog's stomach could hold all that! My husband has forever risen many notches in my esteem because he cleaned it up,it was Grim.
It looks like all the junk is out now,though,and this wonderful Synchronicity-Central dog is doing fine.Thing is,she just settled in here,like she's Always been here,follows me+the hubby like a shadow,extremely affectionate.We're starting to think of her as our dog,and my son came up with a name-Lily,which i think suits her-she has the most beautiful delicate gait

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I forgot to ask,did any of your wife's Malteses have green eyes? My hubby's sister had a Maltese about 15years ago,and he had green eyes- my hubby liked to play with him,but when this dog was tied of playing it would become very irritable,and then its eyes would go pitchblack.Of course the whites still showed,but the green parts of the eye went black.They thought it funny as all heck,i found it a bit creepy

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
gma.yahoo.com...://" target="_blank" class="postlink">Cat Lost on Vacation Travels 190 Miles Home

In November, Jacob and Bonnie Richter brought their cat, Holly, along on a road trip to the Daytona - 190 miles from their home. Spooked by fireworks one night, Holly bolted from the Richters' motor home.

Fast forward 62 days to when Barb Mazzola found an emaciated cat in her Palm Beach Gardens yard.

"She was so skinny, all bones and weak and she could hardly walk," Mazzola said. She bought the feline food and took her to a veterinarian on Saturday, where Holly was scanned for a microchip.

The Richters got the shock of their lives when they got the call that Holly had been found, and only one mile from their home.

More at the link.

Wow - This story made my day - I hope it does yours too!

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Something awesome happened, and I have to share with people who will appreciate it.
I went outside the other day to fill my bird feeders, and leave some carrots for the deer.
What I did not know was that a doe was taking a snooze under one of the pines,
when she saw me she jumped up, I jumped and we stared at eachother for a minute.
She did not move I did not move, then out of my peripheral vision I caught movement,
and at the very moment a hawk landed on the branch directly above my head.
I looked up at him, he was looking down at me at the deer was observing everything.
It was so awesome, there are just no words.

PLPL

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
...She had a worrying episode on Saturday,though,she started throwing up,and...
...It looked like cement,there was a big plastic food wrapper in there,3/4 little ALUMINUM pie containers,even what looked like stones,along with old soursmelling veggies...

It reminds me of a tale from a former business partner...
He lived in a very small and rural community on the edge of town (on a few acres).
He had a number of animals, among which, were some goats that he let free-graze on what-ever they could find to graze on...
A bag of cement, he was planning on using over the weekend, lay on the back porch Friday night.
Saturday morning, he walked outside to find his billy goat lying dead on its side...hard as a rock...and almost the entire bag of cement eaten.
For whatever reason, I would think that after the first bite or two, any intelligent critter would realize "it's not very tasty" (at least)...
Glad "Lily" survived...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
WOW - Check this one out!!!

Here's a link for those of you who can't watch the vid: Moose and his Girl

Lovely!

peace
edit on 18-1-2013 by silo13 because: includes link

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There are some beautiful stories that I can connect with in this thread, and they are all true!

On the first day of this year I left my campsite where I had lived for a full nine months on a remote coastline inaccessible to vehicles with only the creatures of Nature for company. And what company they were.

I would like to tell you about one in particular. It was a large sea-bird, it may have been a stork, long spindly legs, long neck, huge bill, big black eyes. Anyway as we got to know each other we began fishing together. I would fish every day for food. I usually began with my cast net to catch bait fish. Big Bird, my name for it, had a way of attracting fish by clapping the water with its bill and making a kind of snorting sound through its nostril and it always worked. Actually that's how it sometimes communicated with me by clapping its bill and fluffing its wings. Its trust in me became so complete that if it was standing between me and the fish it wouldn't flinch when I tossed the net over its head. At night it used to kneel outside my sleeping tent occasionally clapping its bill and be there at daybreak. Its the trust we shared that touched me. It showed me once how it could stab a fish right through with the points of its very sharp bill. It would come so close to me that it was right in my space, those big black eyes, the huge bill, the long neck, spindly legs - I loved that bird and it was sad to say goodbye not only to it but the rest of my animal friends.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I saw this-and had to get out the tissues

I read an amazing book in my teen years,i think it was called The secret life of Animals,if i remember correctly.Apparently cats use a facility called "Psi-trailing". I love these stories,but usually leave me crying from the beauty,which is okay with me,thanks for sharing.That moose is a gorgeous animal,one of these days,we are getting uncapped internet access,so then i can watch it,and all the others ive been wanting to look at.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Thank you,and yeah i know what you mean-magickal,one does get such a sense of wonder in these moments.Im always so grateful for every one of such experiences

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

That was what said to the hubby: "Good grief,does she think she's a goat?!?!"
Oh that poor cement-eating goat!!!!!!!! I know they eat basically everything,ive often wondered,do they have gastric juices like hydrochloric acid,or What?

All i can think,its a tastebud thing,or do they not Have tastebuds? goats will eat the most insane things-but this tops everything ive heard of before.Im gonna share this with the hubby when he gets home for sure

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Thanks for sharing,aaawwww that is wonderful!!! What an absolutely precious experience,im sure you'll remember that forever-just amazing.Im very very happy for you,that you had this

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is just lovely too!

Baby Elephant Rescued From Well in Eastern India

Forestry officials in India have come to the rescue of a baby elephant that apparently strayed from its herd and fell into a well in an eastern Indian town.

Local authorities were summoned and after about five hours of digging with an earth-moving machine, were able to free the animal, believed to be about eight to nine months old.

Villagers cheered, then chased the elephant into the woods so it would not return to the town.

peace

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you,im gonna have a look at that soon as i can,hopefully early in February,if no financial setback prevents us getting uncapped net access.Have a great weekend

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
haven't read all the posts yet but when i post this i will, some great stories so far!

a young cat has moved in with me (finally i realised)
his owners are a young couple, they had a dog taken off them before they got him and his sibling, its on my lap now, i was away last week for the weekend, as soon as i pulled up, he appeared, i have gone out to the bin and he appears afew minutes later! i found out he made his home in a shrub in my garden, its like a nest and keeps him dry, but not warm! any way one night i was alone with him, before he moved in, i just felt he wanted to be here but felt bad because of the neighbours untill i heard about the dog they left alone for 2 weeks, any way so sorry i digress again

he was was on my lap and i said are you going to get me a present tonight? i put him out an hour later there was banging at the back door, i was terrified i ran up stairs and rang my son, no coverage, i looked out the bedroom window below and saw this kitten bashing a starling against my back door 11 pm at night! OVER

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

Hey there,and thanks for your input,yes that young couple sounds WAYYY too immature+irresponsible to keep animals, at least for now-the poor dog!! I hope the poor thing found good people to adopt it,and that the couple got a wake-up call.Hope the SPCA gave em a hefty fine actually-what were they thinking?! That kitty is lucky to have found you,anyway.We had a Great Dane that used to knock on our door.It was the funniest thing:-D We lived in a house at that time, that had a glass patio door,and when i heard knocking on that door,there he'd be,it looked like he would make his paw go limp,and let the top part of it bang against the glass pane loudly+repeatedly-causing a definite knocking sound. Our new young Dane +our old Terrier hooks a paw round one of our security-door's bars,and rattles the door till i open for them :-DD!!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In high school, my parents gave in and let me have an indoor kitty. The kitten I chose was semi-feral; his mom lived on a back porch but wouldn't go near people. It was a chore getting the little fella, but eventually we brought him home.

I named him Amadeus and he was my best friend. I missed him deeply when I went off to college.

During my freshman year, I got extremely sick. After a stint in the hospital, I went home to recover.

Amadeus never left my side the entire week I was getting better. He went everywhere with me, and I mean everywhere. At the supper table, when I could join the family again, he would lay on my feet and purr. If I took a bath, he curled up on the edge of the tub and put one paw on my shoulder, and purred. At night, he lay curled next to me, and purred.

Of course, he could've been enjoying the heat from my fever (103F for days), but I like to think he knew I was sick and was offering comfort the only way he could.

Amadeus has been gone for six years now, and I still miss him deeply.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So back in 1990-91, the place where I lived at that time had a big, rolling field behind it, and there was a huge country pond out there. Some mornings, If I had nothing to do, I would grab my fishin' pole and head that way after I had dug me some worms. As I was sitting there at the pond on a little dock, I heard something coming through the waist-high weeds towards me. I put my pole down and was ready to meet whatever it was. With my eyes stretched out the size of saucers, I then smelled my new little friend before I even laid eyes on him. It was A SKUNK!!!

He came right towards me, and after getting within 15 feet of me, he turned around backwards and started walking backwards towards me. I said out loud: "You better not do it you little Sonavab****!" I stood my ground. I was not leaving. My pole started jerking wildly, so I grabbed it! The skunk watched at just about 10 feet from me. I caught a huge Bluegill/Sunfish. It was a biggin'. And so charged this little skunk. It came right beside me, put it's paws on my leg, trying to reach the fish as I was getting it off my hook. I told him to chill out! The skunk was being very pushy about it.

After I got the fish off the hook, I had to give it to the skunk. He was demanding it! It took the fish from my hand and ate it right there next to me. Everytime I would try and pet it, while it was eating the fish, it would growl at me. It was funny!

After that, almost everytime I would go out there fishing, I would see this skunk coming, sometimes hopping through the weeds. It was like it was watching for me. It was the same routine everytime. Up until I moved, a couple years later, that skunk would growl everytime I tried to pet it, but I still did. It would climb up on my leg/lap everytime I caught a fish, letting me know that he wanted it. I always wondered everytime I went fishing if I was going to see my little buddy.

That's an experience that has stayed with me since. Although it seemed that this little guy needed something from me, it turned out that I needed something from him too. His friendship. At the time, I was going through a rough patch and he was my connection to all that was beautiful.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wonderful Amadeus:-) Some cats are such a joy to have in one's life,eh? About 10 years ago,we had this truly wonderful cat,Sofia,and we kept her son,whom i called Spaceman(after 1 of my alltime favorite actors,Kevin Spacey) This cat was besotted with me,always bringing me wellmeant but totally gross l'il gifts too.One morning i woke up, inexplicably sick with a sudden onset-flu like illness+extreme exhaustion.I spent the entire day in bed in a half-unconscious state,and a friend+her kids who were staying with us at the time,said Spaceman spent the whole day on my bed,patrolling,often nudging my face with his,and just hovering over me like a mother hen. She said to me the next day(when i was right as rain+perfectly fine again,just like that):"That cat loves you so so much! He did'nt leave your side even once!" Then one day he just disappeared,i was inconsolable,i cried for weeks.Gonna go to another reply for the follow-up to this,though,in case it gets too long.We never found Spaceman again,but he did come back..

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

And this is where it becomes creepy,yet profound and heartbreakingly beautiful.Quite a few months later,i was sick again one day,with something like bronchitis,idk,so i went to bed earlier than the kids.My youngest gal was 5 going on 6 then,and her dad told her:"You go tuck Mommy tonight,she's sick,then she don't have to get up" I don't recall the event,i was propably already asleep.My daughter told me some time afterwards that as she entered my dark bedroom,she saw Spaceman(or his spectre,rather,with glowing red eyes) sitting by me on the bed,just like he did that day i was so sick! The glowing red eyes scared her so,that she rather left the room,she didnt want to approach my bed.For some reason she never mentioned it to her dad at the time,but she maintains the truth of it to this day,its still fresh in her mind 10 years later.Like i said,creepy yet profound:-)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Thank you so very much for sharing this,Fylgie.Do you realise,the Rothschilds or the Bilderberg group can not buy an experience like this:-) ? This was the Spirit of Life itself reaching out to you,putting an arm around your shoulders,and saying to you: "I am with you always.I care." There is no wealth,no luxury nor privilege that don't show up shabby compared to the treasure you were given.Bless you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join