Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Amazing Animal Encounters Thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
edit on 13-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

So that is the babe with the big paws.. gorgeous

Or is the babe a boy who would be mortally offended by me calling him a girl ?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Ahh a dane - and I knew she was a babe, even from her paw.
I am in love with your gorgeous baby - what a sweet heart she is.
edit on 13-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
during the summer of 2011 i encountered a deer in my neighborhood that had no fear of me whatsoever. i would see it in my yard every other night and one particular night i was sitting on my front porch smoking a cigarette and eating an apple. anyways this deer i think must have smelled the apple i was eating and it came really close up to the porch. it was probably ten feet away and i decided to toss it my half eaten apple and to my surprise didn't run away but actually walked over to the apple and ate it. a few days later i saw it in my yard again one night and i tried repeating the process and had the same results. this event occurred every couple of nights and the deer actually seemed to be coming back for apples. i fed this deer almost all summer and a few times it actually would come close enough and i was able to get it to take an apple from my hand before running away. this deer seemed so peaceful and it made me really happy to feed it a few times a week with it always returning sometime in the evening hours. unfortunately it stopped showing up after awhile and i haven't seen it since. this was the only wild animal i have ever had come this close to me and i actually kind of miss it stopping over.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by subliminalsubconcious

Deer are special creatures, I have a soft spot for them in my heart as well.
I started taking care of the neighborhood deer over the winter, and like clockwork they come to my yard everyday to eat the treats I leave them.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Good of you to look after the deer-lovely creatures

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by subliminalsubconcious

What a wonderful experience,i hope the deer returns sometime- i would've missed it too.
We're getting a block of saltlick for the z's in the reserve next to our yard,soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Heyy Helen,yeah,she's a really great dog,very sweet-natured,such a love
Glad i caught up with you here,i won't be posting much for a while,except the occasional nature pic-its the time of the year i prefer to be out of doors,and catch up with my meditation in nature,wholesome stuff like that
Bless you.

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join