It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims and Islam...............

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by William

Originally posted by Netchicken
Dear me I forgot how virtuous and pure Islamic religion is.

To be fair, much of what you describe happened in Christian-dominated countries not much more than 150 years ago. (Salem witch trials anyone?) Many of the cultures you describe are not that much more sophisticated than colonial U.S., and certainly, Islam is not as mature (in age) as Christianity.

Double dittos to what William said. The fact that the countries are dominated by religious leaders leaves them in the same sort of shape that America would be if Cotton Mather had run for dictator and he and his Inquisition-style brigade had gotten into power and remaine there for hundreds of years.

You'll find that Muslims in non-fundie run countries do NOT practice those things.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Oh, god, the eternal debate between muslims and christians

First off, CHRISTIANS, in your bible, if u take it at face value, god promotes genocide, rape, incest, child molestation, and mass murder. And there are Christians alive today who still promote these "values".

Second, of all, CHRISTIANS, you seem to conveintly forget the atrocities u committed. The Crusades, YOUR jihad, not to mention the very brutal and bloody forced conversion of Europeans to Christianity. When the Christians took power, they went into pagan Europe from Rome and brutally forced the European pagans to convert to Christianity against thier will. Charlemagne slaughtered 1000 saxon warriors who refused to accept christianity. the witch burnings in the middle ages, as well as the persecutions of scientific heretics during the rennisance shows that christianity is just as ignorant, intolerant, backwards, and superstitious as is fundimentalist islam. The only reason the western world is more advanced than the muslim one is because during the enlightenment, we began to seperate church and state, remove the power of church from the govornment and institutions to allow science its place. If we did not have such a large healthy chunk of of athiests and agnostics as our primary thinkers and scientists, we would still be burning little old ladies at the stake everytime a a crop went bad or someone went insane.

The bible is full of sick graphic depictions of all sorts of deviant sexual practices. As a child, weh i read the bible, i was seriously confused, ebacuse on one hand, sex was touted as immoral beyond marriage and in any other capacity but making kids, but yet the bible had so many tales of sexual exploits of a twisted nature that..well, it really didnt add up.

Dont forget, not only did abraham have several wives, but his primary one, Saharh, was his half sister, who he repeatedly pimped out to save his own skin, and god rewarded him for it. His son, like father, did the same with rebecca. And god rewarded him too. So, before u start chucking stones at your muzzie brothers (yep, they are your brothers, you both sprang from the same mother religion) look at your own glass house.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Anothe-one............

Just as you said those ''''Muslims''' that cause to ....Murder......
are not true Muslims.............
And so is ...........
Christianity.............those that do not do as Jesus Christ taught....................and followed His teachings........

Are not true Christians..........

BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jesus Christ gave Himself for that Reason.......................To ask for forgiveness, to come again to the ''sacrificial Lamb'''(old testament) to be born again ,,,,,,,,,,,,To receive the HOLY SPIRIT........to be a Christian in the sense of being ...............
The New Lamb............He is that Lamb............there was blood spilt for the slaying of the Lamb (Old Testament)
The New Testament '''''New Lamb'' is He ''Jesus Christ'''
He spilt His blood ..............He resurrected .............He came to Call all the people back from what Adam and Eve did .........disobey the one commandment'''''Do not eat of that tree, surely you will die'''
This '''''death'''' was BODILY death............there was a falling away from God............
In Jesus Christ , ''''''The new Adam'''' the Son of God......He put away the old death of Adam and Eve.......and gave life to all that accepted Him..........

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
William probably said the most important thing in this topic.

Every religion has had her militant, it's a fact.

another_one hit it on the nose in explaining Islam. He's right.

helen670, don't sit here and say that's the OT, We christians dont follow that because that's plain off wrong. Christians are in the wrongdoing when they dont observe the old law. Jesus observed the old law didnt he. Did you ever hear of Jesus eating pork chops and bacon for breakfast? No I dont think so. The most important thing Jesus said was when he said he didnt come to abolish the old law.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Anothe-one............

Just as you said those ''''Muslims''' that cause to ....Murder......
are not true Muslims.............
And so is ...........
Christianity.............those that do not do as Jesus Christ taught....................and followed His teachings........

Are not true Christians..........

BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jesus Christ gave Himself for that Reason.......................To ask for forgiveness, to come again to the ''sacrificial Lamb'''(old testament) to be born again ,,,,,,,,,,,,To receive the HOLY SPIRIT........to be a Christian in the sense of being ...............
The New Lamb............He is that Lamb............there was blood spilt for the slaying of the Lamb (Old Testament)
The New Testament '''''New Lamb'' is He ''Jesus Christ'''
He spilt His blood ..............He resurrected .............He came to Call all the people back from what Adam and Eve did .........disobey the one commandment'''''Do not eat of that tree, surely you will die'''
This '''''death'''' was BODILY death............there was a falling away from God............
In Jesus Christ , ''''''The new Adam'''' the Son of God......He put away the old death of Adam and Eve.......and gave life to all that accepted Him..........

no

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

helen670, don't sit here and say that's the OT, We christians dont follow that because that's plain off wrong. Christians are in the wrongdoing when they dont observe the old law. Jesus observed the old law didnt he. Did you ever hear of Jesus eating pork chops and bacon for breakfast? No I dont think so. The most important thing Jesus said was when he said he didnt come to abolish the old law.

That correct, illmatic........He came to FULLFILL it........
As God........DIVINE
As Jesus Christ ........MAN -God........human nature.....

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Originally posted by Illmatic67

That correct, illmatic........He came to FULLFILL it........
As God........DIVINE
As Jesus Christ ........MAN -God........human nature.....

So in other words, he came to fulfill human slavery, condemn human equality, and enforce degradation of women?

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by another_one]

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So in other words, he came to fulfill human slavery, condemn human equality, and degradation of women?

Pretty much! And also to condemn all things natural, too, as somehow unholy, when they are simply forms of animal survival instinct. Hating your enemies, defending yourself from attack, lust, ambition, anger, all these things jesus came to condemn as sinful and turn people from, when in reality, in moderate form, all these things are healthy natural survival instincts!

If we christians truly followed the bible, and loved thier enemies, and turned the other cheek, they would all have been dead before they ever started.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I guess Im pretty good at opening up these hornets nests. It is a good thing to keep discussing Christ. For one day he will get tired of the things going on in this world[and the things people say] I truly dont know and wonder what will happen to the souls who dont believe in Jesus Christ. I know Muslims believe he was here and that he was a prophet, but that is so incorrect. I have to believe that in these end times ,wich we are in, that as the bible says.....that the Lord will pour out his spirit on all mankind and your sons and daughters shall prophesy..............I believe that the Holy Spirit shall come and speak right through people [ as he did me on night] and chastize people and that the Lord will do miraculous things as to convert the ones who are such hardcore non-believers. I truly make this my prayer for all the lost souls here at ATS and throughout the world. Amen. ................................................................Believer

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
I guess Im pretty good at opening up these hornets nests. It is a good thing to keep discussing Christ. For one day he will get tired of the things going on in this world[and the things people say] I truly dont know and wonder what will happen to the souls who dont believe in Jesus Christ.

Rofl believer, you just missed the whole point of the thread.

I'm wondering even if you even read the replies.

I know Muslims believe he was here and that he was a prophet, but that is so incorrect.

Incorrect based on WHAT.

Please be specific. The Bible is a slavery book that has been corrupted, changed, and edited throughout history. We believe that Jesus was more than a "prophet", he was a GREAT messenger of God, who loved God with ALL HIS HEART, which is what all of you should do instead of trying to bash each others' faith.

Have you ever seen me make a thread about another religion?

No, and you probably won't.

I only post for defense.

I have to believe that in these end times ,wich we are in, that as the bible says.....that the Lord will pour out his spirit on all mankind and your sons and daughters shall prophesy..............

It's getting late.

I believe that the Holy Spirit shall come and speak right through people [ as he did me on night]

Nope, if anything spoke through you, it was not the "Holy Spirit". Why do I say that? Because the Trinity does not exist in the Bible.

and chastize people and that the Lord will do miraculous things as to convert the ones who are such hardcore non-believers.

Jesus is not God nor did he ever claim to be God.
I can guarantee you that I believe in God more than most people on this board, for very personal reasons and experiences as well.

I truly make this my prayer for all the lost souls here at ATS and throughout the world. Amen. ................................................................Believer

Believerinchrist, please read the following Bible verse.

"On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. 'Teacher,' he asked, 'What must I do to inherit eternal life?' 'What is written in the Law?' Jesus replied. 'How do you read it?' He answered: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 'You have answered correctly,' Jesus replied. 'Do this and you will live.'" - Luke 10:25-28

Enough said

Don't pray for me, pray for yourself. I thank you for your kindness though

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hey A.O. for someone to accuse me of bashing is not right. Anything I sais was in general and just because I believe that the religion I practice is the right one, does not mean that I am bashing yours. Praying for the non-believers is what Im supposd to do. To me ,if anyone doesnt think or believe that the way to the father is throiugh Jesus, then it is my duty as a christian to tell the about the savior. I never bashed Islam, atleast I dont think I did. If you think I did than I apolagize. Is it wrong of me, who believes so strongly, that Jesus was who we christians say he was, and that we as christians try to do what Jesus wants us to do? Regaurdless of what you think, are we wrong for doing and teaching what we know is right? It seems like you get discusted with posting the things that you post and if you do them dont post them. I m not trying to be mean to you but shoot-fire, dont take things so personal......................................................Believer

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Hey A.O. for someone to accuse me of bashing is not right. Anything I sais was in general and just because I believe that the religion I practice is the right one, does not mean that I am bashing yours. Praying for the non-believers is what Im supposd to do. To me ,if anyone doesnt think or believe that the way to the father is throiugh Jesus, then it is my duty as a christian to tell the about the savior. I never bashed Islam, atleast I dont think I did. If you think I did than I apolagize. Is it wrong of me, who believes so strongly, that Jesus was who we christians say he was, and that we as christians try to do what Jesus wants us to do? Regaurdless of what you think, are we wrong for doing and teaching what we know is right? It seems like you get discusted with posting the things that you post and if you do them dont post them. I m not trying to be mean to you but shoot-fire, dont take things so personal......................................................Believer

*Sigh*

Please re-read my posts.

Thank You.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I dont want to. I have let you in on the truth. Truth has let you in on the truth.[No pun intended] And the thing is I think you know the truth. So you must enjoy posting to start debates and such or whatever your reason might be. I havent the faintest A.O. I havent figured it out yet. But I think I will make you my mission Another One and lead you to Christ and get you saved. Do you know the sinners prayer? If so , will you say it with me? We can hook up on the chat and go through it together if you want to. You wouldnt believe the feeling of love and peace that would come over you if you would surrender to Jesus. He is waiting on you Another One.With open arms for he has the love for all mankind as such a father has for his own child. You know, nomatter what your child does, you cant stay mad at him/her and you will always love him/her. He has the same for us only greater. There has to be a reason for your replys to my posts A.O. Your not trying to convert me to Islam, so I must have something that you want. And all I have that you can have is Jesus Christ . Ill be waiting for your reply A.O. Just think about everything that I have said to you...................May God bless you Another One.....Amen...........................Believer

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
In other late-breaking news today--- Horse Manure has jockeyed Cow Manure out of the coveted first place rank of the Manure Top 10 Charts

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
In other late-breaking news today--- Horse Manure has jockeyed Cow Manure out of the coveted first place rank of the Manure Top 10 Charts

AWW MAN!

I had placed bets on COW MANURE, dang it!

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   

What does this have to do with anything? According to you quoted bible verse that the only way unto the father is through christ...one would assume you were a christian???????

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   

What does this have to do with anything? According to you quoted bible verse that the only way unto the father is through christ...one would assume you were a christian???????

the level of this post has hit the bottom. its no longer relevant. my response was to creativly show that in a not so cliche way. please lighten up a bit. not to be taken seriously if you dont want. and yes I am a christian. chill homey!

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

the level of this post has hit the bottom. its no longer relevant. my response was to creativly show that in a not so cliche way. please lighten up a bit. not to be taken seriously if you dont want. and yes I am a christian. chill homey!

lol

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I dont want to.

Then I have absolutely NO reason to debate with you with any longer. I read your posts, and you don't read mine?

Strikes me as a pretty unfair bargain.

I have let you in on the truth. Truth has let you in on the truth.[No pun intended] And the thing is I think you know the truth. So you must enjoy posting to start debates and such or whatever your reason might be. I havent the faintest A.O. I havent figured it out yet. But I think I will make you my mission Another One and lead you to Christ and get you saved. Do you know the sinners prayer? If so , will you say it with me? We can hook up on the chat and go through it together if you want to. You wouldnt believe the feeling of love and peace that would come over you if you would surrender to Jesus. He is waiting on you Another One.With open arms for he has the love for all mankind as such a father has for his own child.

No, I only love GOD.

You know, nomatter what your child does, you cant stay mad at him/her and you will always love him/her. He has the same for us only greater.

Then there should be no problem.

There has to be a reason for your replys to my posts A.O. Your not trying to convert me to Islam, so I must have something that you want.

I never converted kids/teenagers, no tried to. They are influenced too much by the Church, thinking its the truth, and also by peer pressure. Also imagine the hard time a teenage muslim convert (from Christianity) would have from his "Christian" friends at school.

And all I have that you can have is Jesus Christ . Ill be waiting for your reply A.O. Just think about everything that I have said to you...................

Sorry, I will never and can never believe in a man-made religion (Christian) that condemns Human Equality, degrades Women, and enforces Slavery.

Not now.

Not in a million years.

Not ever.

I confess in the name of GOD Almighty.

May God bless you Another One.....Amen...........................Believer

Likewise - you need it more than me.

Peace.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_one

"While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, 'Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him.' The owner of the house went outside and said to them, 'No, my friends, don't be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don't do this disgraceful thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But to this man, don't do such a disgraceful thing.' But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, 'Get up; let's go.' But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home. When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel." - Judges 19:22-29

What a violent story. Didn't that happen in Saddam and gomora. This might have been the reason that "God" destroied the cities. The two men in the story were "angels" or beings not of this world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join