It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Law of One versus The Book of Urantia: What is your take on it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hello Everybody,

I came across the Ra-Material (Law of One) and found it to be really inspiring. A friend of mine suggested The Book of Urantia to me and I stumbled upon it today on the web.

Both consist of a huge amount of material and I am unable right now to deeply dive into the The Book of Urantia due to time restrictions.

Is any of you able to give a short comparison of the two and point out where the differences are?

Any help in this is vastly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by consolution

Out of the two, I prefer Law of One. Keeps the whole thing as simple as possible, and it actually answers questions from real people instead of making a statement and leaving you scratching your head.

"Seth Speaks" is also a very good read.
edit on 6-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Took me 5 months to get through 106 sessions on online audio of the Law Of One.

Best 5 months I've ever dedicated to a subject.

Ra also adds validity to the Urantia Book, and also touches upon contact being made in the 70's.

That material is the Peter Beter transcripts, which was followed by the Phoenix journals in the 80's.

Each confirm the other.

The Seth material is also authentic.

I've yet to study the Urantia in great detail, however if you with to discuss the other materials mentioned, I'm more than happy to oblige.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Out of the two, I prefer Law of One. Keeps the whole thing as simple as possible, and it actually answers questions from real people instead of making a statement and leaving you scratching your head.

"Seth Speaks" is also a very good read.
edit on 6-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Thanks, AfterInfinty! Seth was on my list

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
Took me 5 months to get through 106 sessions on online audio of the Law Of One.

Best 5 months I've ever dedicated to a subject.

Ra also adds validity to the Urantia Book, and also touches upon contact being made in the 70's.

That material is the Peter Beter transcripts, which was followed by the Phoenix journals in the 80's.

Each confirm the other.

The Seth material is also authentic.

I've yet to study the Urantia in great detail, however if you with to discuss the other materials mentioned, I'm more than happy to oblige.

I read the transcripts of these sessions, 2 sometimes 3 a day. I was and am fascinated by this. Now I am reading the Q'ou-Transcripts. Again - mind blowing and in a more easily understandable language.

It would be great if you could elaborate on the contact that has been made in the 70's.

To bring the Book of Urantia in a line with Peter Beter rings a bell for me. There are two great threads here on Peter Beter.

I have only read a few pages of Peter Beter material and the Phoenix journals are yet completely unaware to me.

Thanks for any more enlightment on the subject.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Keep reading. The more you read the Law of One, the more you see. You don't catch everything on the first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth time. You always learn something you didn't quite notice before.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Keep reading. The more you read the Law of One, the more you see. You don't catch everything on the first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth time. You always learn something you didn't quite notice before.

That's a good advice. It seems as if one can dive into each paragraph and receive with each sentence information worth hours of meditation.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

If I may ask: If the task would be to present the body of congruent information to a group of people that speak a different language which order of different materials would you choose to make it easier for people to grasp the concepts? Or has the chronological order an important meaning? But then, when did it start? Is the Ra-material the beginning?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If either the Law of One or the Book of Urantia "resonate" with you, then you may also want to explore the LL Research transcripts.

Peace on Earth

edit on 6-1-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Firstly, apologies for any typos as I'm on mobile.

Erm, to be honest, I guess I would have to start them on the Ra material, as Ra covers all subjects including human history, and the history of our solar system and logos.

Without these basic understandings a lot of other channeled texts may seem "far out" to most.

Of course, Ra's material is also hard to grasp to an extent - it was not until about 50 sessions in I could understand "his" direct meaning without reading verses multiple times.

However, once the language barrier is understood, it does make for clear and precise readings.

The Seth material is simplistic within it language, however only partly tells the story.

It was upon reading NRE's Peter Beter threads last year that lead me on my investigative path.

Peter Beter mentioned the Battle Of Harvest moon, which lead me to "The battle of harvest moon" by Calvin Burgin.

Upon further study of that compilation, I realised it was actually excerpts from the Phoenix Journals, scribed by Dorriss Ekker, received from Commander Hatonn, voice of Aton (God).

Having read about 60% of the some 250 journals, I realised that Peter Beter and GCH (Hatonn) spoke almost identically and regarding the same subjects.

Within the Poenix journals there are many references to Beter, and within 2 journals it is directly stated the Beter was in communication with Hatonn before Dorriss Ekker.

GCH goes on to explain that Beter was killed for this communication.

That was not an easy fact to find, as throughout the early journals GCH teases us by stating contact had been made in the 70's, although that fact that it was actually Beter did not come to light until the latter journals.

I'm still studying the Pheonix material as I type, in fact there is so much disinformation flying around on the alternative scene, it became quite hard to track down the correct Material.

For instance Patrick H Bellringer has on his site 4winds.com, got copies of the journals, yet with his own editted information included, for disinformation purposes.

Phoenix Source Distributors Inc. Is also a rip off, or "astray" version on the true source Phoenix Distributors.

Finding all this out is actually one of the best projects I've ever commited my self to.
I might make a thread detailing all my findings at some point.

Anyway, back to topic, I would start them on Ra, as the other materials focus closely on on US and global politics, as that is what GCH states is his missions purpose.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Thanks
This is my daily food right now. I am in 2010 having started with the most recent.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Thanks for that rich answer with lots of good links to tap into. With the Ra-material I am on the right track then.
edit on 6-1-2013 by consolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
great subject for a tread here and great rescorces porovided after the op.
i gave delved into the urantia book before i actually have the app lol
either way to me it seemed based a little bit twords christian thaughts or thats how i took it.
i may go threw it again with a fresh eye now.
journey wisely my friends

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pryed -eyed-one

Thanks for joining in.

i gave delved into the urantia book before i actually have the app lol

I'd love to know what you meant with these cryptic words

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by consolution

Thanks for that rich answer with lots of good links to tap into. With the Ra-material I am on the right track then.
edit on 6-1-2013 by consolution because: (no reason given)

My pleasure, feel free to inbox me if ever you want to talk about the material.

Here's a nice vid of the creators of The Law Of One:

(Follow link for parts 2-4)

They remain and inspiration to those studying the divine creation.
RIP Don

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Keep reading. The more you read the Law of One, the more you see. You do everything ing on the first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth time. You always learn something you didn't quite notice before.

I've read the Law of One several times and each time learned something new, and each time, I also found information that confirmed other things I learned independently from the book. I think there would be something to it if 2012 would have actually happened.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The urantia book sounds like a bunch of bull crap to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Thanks for the vid. Nice to see them live.
I'll come back to you if I have further questions about the material.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

There aren't many books that I read more than once. The Law of One is one of them.

Just because nothing spectacular has happened outwardly on the 21st I wouldn't say that there is nothing to it. Right in the first session Ra gives the following answer:

1.8 Questioner: Can you comment on the coming planetary changes in our physical reality?

Ra: I am Ra. [...] The changes are very, very trivial. We do not concern ourselves with the conditions which bring about harvest.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I know that for some people it means a lot though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join