It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Issues with TLDR ad??? So .... you don't know how to zoom then!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Explanation: Tired of this

Fix this yourselves ok!

For Windows and IE users ...

ZOOM = Cntrl & + or - .... + zooms in ... . - zooms out!

For Linux users ...

ZOOM = Windows Key + Mouse Scroll.

For Mac users ...

How to zoom in on a Mac [ehow.com]

After set up ...

ZOOM = Command/Apple logo Key and press the “=” key to zoom in and the “-” key to zoom out.

If any member knows how to zoom in and out on any browsers or OS's that I havent mentioned ... then PLEASE POST such info here for all to easily access ok!

Personal Disclosure: Zoom is a simple PC function ... so please drive your PC more and complain less ok!
:shk:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
My browser is the size I want it. Thanks though.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Ah, it doesn't bother me at all. If they're making money off of it, good on 'em.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
TY OL , i think some people might need this help ....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I thought an advertisment was suppose to let me know what they were offering....

Is is a collection of webpages about sloths? Is that a wookie? is this about starwars? Is it a forum?

What it looks like is T-shirt kiosk. if i wanted to buy crazy t-shirts with poorly drawn animals i would go to their kiosk.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

No, I think that's a pic of Skeptic Overlord before he grew a mustache.

And clipped his nails. Maybe.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The extremely annoying BIG ORANGE BANNER is just that.

Is that what you are talking about?

Oh,and I zoomed in alright.
Had to take my glasses off and stand across the room.
Need a wireless keyboard and mouse.
edit on 6-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Explanation: Here let me google that for you ok ...

tldrstuff.com

We're putting an end to this time-sucking injustice with our collection of TLDR stuff. Our magic technology evaluates written material and reduces those tediously long web pages down to concise summaries. The result is a shorter versions of all kinds of things like articles, long email in webmail apps, Google docs, and just about anything else.

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Personal Disclosure:

Look, it's their site. That's just annoying. Don't make me post my "leave Britney alone!" picture.

I do think the shirt's a bit off-putting. If I had cuffs like that, I'd be sucked into the next machine tool I used.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It doesnt bother me at all , hope they make some money on it i also started using tldr

Anyway use CTRL + Scroll to zoom in or out easy.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks!
That banner is ugly and distractiing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I downloaded and installed the plug-in (gotta figure that ATS gets more coin when someone actually does that, rather than just gets a page impression) and I have no idea what it's supposed to do. When I click the button on an ATS page, for example, it just gives me the first 50 words or so on the page.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Well sure - but one of the first rules of a successful product launch is never assume your customers know how to do anything. Keep it as simple as possible. The potential customers shouldn't have do anything other than sit back and absorb the greatness of your product as the urge to get it grows within them...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

When you have a page with allot of blank spaces and images you can use the TLDR button to only view the text on the page you can choose how to view it if you want to by using the tabs called ''summary'' , ''short'' ,''medium'' , ''long'' and ofcourse original.Its not that hard to use as you think

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
reply to post by adjensen

When you have a page with allot of blank spaces and images you can use the TLDR button to only view the text on the page you can choose how to view it if you want to by using the tabs called ''summary'' , ''short'' ,''medium'' , ''long'' and ofcourse original.Its not that hard to use as you think

No, I understand HOW to use it, I don't understand WHY to use it. I was wrong in my statement that "summary" picks out the first characters on an ATS. Rather, it seems to pick a post at random out of the thread and posts the first part of that.

join