It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America needs a dictator.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Just looking at your username, your avatar and three of your own threads:

Your argument for or against the extinction of the human race

Possibilities for extermination of the human race.

America needs a dictator.

tells me that what America needs is a break, from people like you, and I'm not American.

The world is a beautiful place if you choose to see it that way, why watch it all burn when we can watch it all grow.
You've obviously never lived through a full blown dictatorship where you wouldn't even be allowed to talk right now.

Think about that.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
We don`t need a dictator what we need is to take the profits out of politics.
Elected representatives should be paid minimum wage and a reasonable stipend for business expenses for when they are in session and working for the people.
No more paid lobbyist and professional politicians with golden parachutes.Take the profit out of politics and then we will see people running for office who are doing it because they actually care about the people and the country and aren`t just in it for the money.
We have too many lawyers and millionaires in politics, they are completely out of touch with how real people live.They can`t possibly know what is best for us because they aren`t one of us.
of the people, by the people and for the people,These professional politicians aren`t the people,we are the people.

Wouldn't the politicians just be more apt to steal money to line their own pockets? Wouldn't you want to just give them enough money to live like kings so that money and power aren't motivating factors?

Who cares if you'll give me money to pass this law, I live in a castle made out of money and drugs that's filled with naked women.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Ron Paul would be my choice as well, but the good Dr. is retired, or soon will be.

He spent his entire life fighting the good fight, I think he has earned some peace and quiet for his remaining years.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

I always find it greatly entertaining when people attempt to assume things about me based on an internet forum.

Your concerns are noted, and possibly warranted.
But I assure you, my disgust with humanity and my views on the government of my nation have nothing to do with each other.

And can you clarify exactly what you mean by "people like me"? I'm curious what kind of people I am, since you know so much about me.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Did you have to use the word "dictator"? We don't need a dictator... we need a King.

To find the greatest "king" on earth you'd have to scour the streets of the world and find the least, for he is the greatest.

exposingthetruth.info...

There is NO KING, that exists that is not Murder Incorporated.

Rank and File is Love of Power, Darth Vader, and Murder Incorporated.

Those who are true Higher Ups, serve the children, like all good parents serve little ones.

In this world, even those with some equalizing, abundance for all, answers, don't want any power, for they know there are 7 billion who could be dictators if it was "their way or the high way".

We need to draw out the intelligence and awareness and joy and presence of all others, empower others.

And do our own things, withdraw to our own grounds when we disagree with them, and manage our own lives our own way.

The whole Machine system wants to destroy people's inner cores, self, ego, and make them into drones who perform. You are what you do. If you don't do, you live on the streets.

You ARE, and not what you do. Go within and BE, and think and contribute, but never stand under anyone else. And teach all others the same. Heal your inner core and fill yourself with your presence.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Heirarchy, and the Love of Power. Galadriel passes the test and turns it down. Tis why all 7 billion of us should not ever strive for power, no matter what solutions we think we have, they have no right shoved dictatorially on anyone else.

Galadriel & Frodo

There will be no NWO that rules over me. Or King. And if you use religious figures, such as Christ as a King, well, those words were added by Rome. Any words like King, Throne, Worship, Crown don't come from above. Family doesnt even approve of God/gods, for they are humble of heart.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
How can you force liberty on someone?

Well, one thing is crystal clear. The other side sure found a way yo use liberty to kill liberty.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
At any rate, I have a different opinion than the OP.

I think America needs a dictator for another reason entirely. I know there's no such thing as a "benevolent dictator". I don't care how good the intentions are to start with. Even if you got lucky and got the best, kindest most fair minded human being alive, a human lifespan is only so long and he would certainly have political enemies who wanted the power for themselves.

I think what Americans really need is for a real, serious dictatorship to form and give them a kick in their collective head to wake them up. And nothing is going to do it until they learn the hard way what the Bill of Rights is for. It's not likely to be pretty if we have to sit back and watch an overt dictatorship form and assert itself. Who knows how long it will rule. Might be a decade. Might be a generation. Might be several generations. But when it's over, if there's anything left of humanity, maybe there will be some hope that the survivors will have enough wisdom to find a way to make sure it never happens again.

Understand this. The majority has been carefully conditioned to accept totalitarianism when it comes. They will not see it for what it is until it's too late. You cannot save hundreds of millions of people from their own ignorance.
edit on 6-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
this is a timely, if not prophetic, thread.

there are two distinct flavors of dictator being discussed here, and i cannot say for sure which of the two seems more likely. perhaps such a person would be both a devil and an angel all at once.

op has definitely got his finger on the pulse.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I didn't say it was likely, or even probable.
Hey, allegedly George Washington managed it.

But it is the only solution to this mess.

Do you have a better idea?

Yes-- Every idea I have is better than giving power over our nation to a "dictator."

Not only is your opinion wrong, and very (very) poorly thought-out, but it's absolutely "mind bottling" to borrow your term.

Why don't you name for me some dictators who have done an awesome job running their countries, and whom the people loved and supported? (And this has to be real love and support-- not just fake praise made due to fear of whatever kind of brutal punishment dictators often use to keep people in line.)

And who is the candidate, for your amazing dictator? Who would you choose?

What makes you think they wouldn't let the power get to their head and become quickly, or eventually corrupt?

What is your brilliant plan for getting rid of the dictator if this were to happen?

I think your (really terrible) opinion is also based on poor logic, or logical fallacy. I agree that often times people seem stupid, or like they don't know what's best for them. But you assume this is simply a part of human nature, and not more a product of our society and culture. Look around you-- the system is designed to keep you as numbed-out and thoughtless as possible. And in many cases, not even necessarily pointing a finger directly at you, it seems to be working.
edit on 6-1-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Well then,
Enlighten us with your amazing brilliantness oh great wise one.

Our political process has become a perverted farce, so endemically corrupt, that it is sickening to watch.
Explain to us your brilliant plan to fix this broken travesty of a constitutional republic.

As I said, this is not a desirable course of action, and finding the correct person to pull it off would be near impossible. But other than a complete societal collapse and rebuilding, this is the only way to correct this mess.

I'm waiting with baited breath....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think we need a dictatorship too.

A dictatorship by the masses of working class people, over those rich elite who try to exploit, oppress and enslave us.

Turn things upside-down.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

A dictatorship by the masses of working class people, over those rich elite who try to exploit, oppress and enslave us.

Turn things upside-down.

Unfortunately there wouldn't be enough bankers to clean our toilets.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Not just America, but the entire world, all under one, ruled by a Dictator... Sounds awesome.

...What people need to do, is start thinking for themselves. Working together, willingly, not forced, oppressed, and shut down by fear... but eliminating those forces, and power figure heads that have kept a hold on the reigns for way too long.
edit on 7-1-2013 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

I don't think this is even possible. I don't believe for a second that it will ever happen either.

This is the problem. And even if you found the perfect person for the job, once they've been dictator for long enough, they will change. Sadly, people in power become corrupt, see the Stanford Prison Experiment and similar. Have you ever heard of a good dictator? Perhaps a good king, but still, I don't think a dictator would work.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Turn things upside-down.

What do you have now? A couple of people doing all the work, and lots of people trying to organize them. It can't work. Think it through, how would it work?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Have you considered Piers Morgan?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I know this is going to sound bad, but... People are stupid. They don't know what's good for them.

wow you could work for the gov...........

That line of thinking is dangerous..........

And I dont need someone telling me whats good for me.........besides that fact......if "people" are stupid in general, how does any other "person" know whats better for me then I do, considering they are stupid?

The problem with dictators is, they never want to leave..........

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely........
edit on 7-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I would nominate myself of course, because I know better I am pretty much right down the center.

lol see........corrupted at the thought of it already.......the power..........

But honestly........do you know the leaders that SHOULD be elected? The ones that DoNT want to be there.....but feel they have to for the sake of their country........

The ones that DONT want to be president........Congressment, etc......

Those are the people that take their positions with integrity..........

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Ha, I do work for the Govt.

I don't want to be in power.....I just want peace and quiet, and to be left alone.

But I know that I could do the job without compromising my principals, not that anyone would ask me to run the show anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join