It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control and Bible Belt Propaganda.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886
reply to post by canucks555

This was the dumbest thing I have read all week.

If there is no plan then why does the group at the website below exist ?

dosfan.lib.uic.edu...

Stay out of the affairs of my Country, I will do the same for you and we can all be happy.
Clearly you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

lighten up friend
Admittedly the post is a bit over the top. But it has truths in it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Admittedly the post is a bit over the top. But it has truths in it.

Could you please list these, "truths"...I just re-read the entire OP and couldn't find a single one.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wow...

Okay, I'm from the "Bible Belt." I believe in and am hopeful for equality in this nation and world. I was excited to see America elect its first black president, and hope we have our first woman president in my lifetime. I believe diversity works for the betterment of all when used correctly and followed in unison as a nation. I believe that the majority of those that would be called upon to disarm American citizens would take an Oath Keepers approach, and I don't rule out a possible foreign police to be called upon, or another strategy all together.

What I believe in is, Equal opportunity for preservation of life and liberty.

Our right to keep and bear arms should never cease to exist. This right protects us from those that would do us harm. This gives us an equalizer if enemies or our own government threatened our right to exist. You take away that right and we the people are fresh meat with a glowing neon sign for anyone that would attempt to rob, steal, rape, torture, or take the life of innocent American's.

It's awful anytime people are killed in cold blood involving guns, that's a given. If those that wish to do these innocent people harm do or do not have access to guns isn't going to change their ill intent. They can pick up a rock and beat innocent people in the head with it. I wish we lived in a world where guns were not needed for protection, but we don't. Guns should be a last resort effort for protection, used responsibly, come with an education passed down from a responsible adult, and always, always an American right.

I don't want an AR-15 semi automatic assault rifle to go hunting with. No, I want it to defend ourselves if an intruder or a tyrannical government decides to force their way in our home and attempt to infringe on our right to exist, and/or our right to keep and bear arms. Giving up American liberties would never happen all at once, it would come in small increments, so DON'T GIVE AN INCH!

Goodnight to you from the Bible Belt.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is the most powerful govt. in history. They have weapons you cannot dream of. The only freedom I can see most people having guns protects is foreign invasion in case the Federal govt. breaks down somehow. Seems like when the country was formed this was a real possibility and local militias were very important. Nowadays, it would just about take an alien invasion to get this country to stand down. I can see no rational justification to purchase a weapon because the feds may knock down your door, you may hold them off for weeks but the end will not be pretty. Even Zombie outbreak I would worry blowing their brains out may only spread the infection. Make your country stronger, spend your money on an education.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Wow! You managed to insert racism, insult the military, mock preppers in one OP!

While you are entitled to your opinion, let me offer one of my own.

Hiding behind the security that your government offers is all good and well, for a society that chooses security over freedom. Cowering behind a state-appointed representative and ceding your own personal responsibility to secure your or your families safety might be well for those that opt for a nanny-state.

But others who choose a path that isn't coloured with the dirty tinge of cowardice will think differently.

But by all means, continue your myopic rants against those who exercise their rights. You criticisms illustrate the mindset of those who fear freedom.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

In what state, may I ask, do you live? So that I can be ignorant and make generalizations about it just like you have done. Because that is exactly what you have done.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

In what state, may I ask, do you live? So that I can be ignorant and make generalizations about it just like you have done. Because that is exactly what you have done.

I think he's Canadian.

So he's polite, wears flannel, eats maple syrup, plays hockey, drinks beer, and has wrong bacon.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by dave_welch

I think he's Canadian.

So he's polite, wears flannel, eats maple syrup, plays hockey, drinks beer, and has wrong bacon.

Ha! Maybe he's a Mountie, eh?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Originally posted by jimmiec
A perfect example of a racist screaming racism.

I'm White. Nice try though
cheers

Well, you're a self-hating white person then, and that's still racist. A racist defines things in terms of race and makes statements about how members of a particular race think/behave/speak.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I notice your critics are rebuking your overall opinion without refuting the actual claims within it.

So....... don't fret em. Freedom of speech is just as much yours as it is theirs.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

You score points with me just with the John Marston avatar alone but... watch out. The "bible belt" folks on ATS aren't the typical right-wingers. Even the extreme right-wingers we do have here aren't generally racist. But one thing they do have in common is their sensitivity to being called racist and being lumped in and generalized with other conservatives.

We have a unique subset of demographics on this site and none of them like to be stereo-typed. Just a heads up.

You're wrong. They are typical and racist.
But whatever helps you sleep at night.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Nice rant about us gun waving Bible believing Americans....Too bad most of it is opinion and not fact.

And by the way nice avatar...guy pointing a handgun at me....

I would argue that many if not most of the people representing the red states, especially the bible belt, have stated PROUDLY that these opinions are the collective opinions of their party.

I genuinely think you're either not from a Bible Belt state, are knowingly being dishonest about typical bible-belt beliefs, or you and many of the people who think like you become COMPLETELY delusional when confronted by people who find your bigotry abhorrent.

Yes, to an extent this is only my opinion. But this opinion was formed only after learning about Bible-Belt mentality/opinion.

Unfortunately I had to move there recently. Naturally not everyone in the Bible Belt is "like that".... But I've had enough experiences in my one year here (like possible future landlords for apartment complexes telling me that they're fundamentalist and that people who aren't that way freak them out and disgust them. Or people telling me that the protestors at Penn State after the child-rape was brought to light need Jesus) to realize that this isn't being blown out of proportion.

And please, spare me from the cop-outs like "you can't blame every individual for what some of us do." I can and do, because being part of such an organization means you support that bigotry, even if it's not directly.

You can't be part of the KKK and say that none of the guys in the KKK that YOU know have ever done anything crazy, so therefore it's not the KKK's fault. It just doesn't work that way. And it doesn't work for religion either. Period.
edit on 6-1-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

#3 When the %$@* hits the fan
The coming of Christ, End days, someone will have to help Jesus deal with the unbelievers, do you think a Muslim in the White house will help fight the devil?

Ok that makes absolutely no sense, because there won't be any christians left. By then we're all taken away and the survivors who were left behind will be tortured and killed before Jesus gets here. Secondly, we don't lift a finger when we return with his armies, he does all the work. Third the muslim will not be fighting Satan, theyre his own armies, even though they think theyre following Jesus theyre actually following Muhammad, thats why they want to establish world wide Sharia Law and they have a tendency to kill the infidels, which is everyone who refuses to bow down to the chunk of rock they worship on the side of the Kaaba.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You're being sarcastic, right? That sure is one hate filled generalization if not. You're obviously a victim of propaganda if you believe all that to be true about the diverse bunch of people who live in said "bible belt". You'really going to have swallow your pride because soon enough you'll be moving here like rest of the country looking for a job.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace

You're being sarcastic, right? That sure is one hate filled generalization if not. You're obviously a victim of propaganda if you believe all that to be true about the diverse bunch of people who live in said "bible belt". You'really going to have swallow your pride because soon enough you'll be moving here like rest of the country looking for a job.

I have a really hard time believing you read the whole OP if you didn't realize it was sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
At first this thread made me angry. I mulled it over for awhile and came to the conclusion that everybody is racist. whether they admit it to themselves or not. There are obviously different levels of racism but nevertheless we are all guilty of it. It is in fact the human condition. Blacks fought and died in every war America ever fought. The black community was lied to over and over for literally 2 centuries. It is reflected in their culture. Racism is deeply rooted in America unfortunately, however there has been progress. I don't believe it is as bad as the OP states and he was obviously exaggerating. I could tell you my life story of growing up and going to an all white school and the struggles i have had over my lifetime fighting my demons, but i will just say that i have black friends and think of them no differently than my white friends. We will all struggle with racism. We will eventually win. Just don't think you are immune from it and you will win in the end.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Christians also have a tendency to murder those who don't agree with them - only instead of typically doing it with a stone to the head, a jar of acid to the face, or a suicide bomb, they do thinks like tell folk in poor countries that god will prevent them from contracting AIDs without the use of condoms.

Ah, no we don't. Obviously anyone calling themselves a christian and murders anyone is not one of us, because Jesus wouldn't do that. You're confusing us with muslims. As for unprotected sex, we advocate abstinence until marriage. You don't really know that much about us, and your ignorance shows.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
But the thing that some of you fail to comprehend, is that he states that his OP contains "truths"!
Not his opinions, or exaggerations, as a few of you put.

And I'll gladly refute his "truths" when he isolates, and points them out to me...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Just a question.

Is your avatar pointing a gun?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join