It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control and Bible Belt Propaganda.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
IMOThere are many reasons why the Red State folks are worried about the aspects of Gun Control. Lets look at a few.

#1 A black president in the White House.
The Muslim ruled government is proof that the days of wealthy white men running the country are over. Brown folks and white women are the majority now, fear of a black USA has them stockpiling enough weapons in one household to supply entire counties with enough weaponry to deal with the brown hoard and white female heathens!
#2 The Feds are coming.
Yup, them against the US army. But wait.. aren't the grunts (the folks that the feds would need to carry out the "war" )- the very same people that sit around their very own tables for X-mas dinner and other holidays? Point being, The God loving folks are afraid that their family members serving in the military are going to come and kill them. (?)
#3 When the %$@* hits the fan
The coming of Christ, End days, someone will have to help Jesus deal with the unbelievers, do you think a Muslim in the White house will help fight the devil?

The truth is, if gun control is put through, it will NOT (unfortunately) take guns away from the good folks in the bible belt, (Edit:at least the extremist element) -or yourself if you're an American citizen. Americans will be able to keep their existing AR-15s, and rather than having one big fat clip they'll have to carry twenty smaller clips. In other words, the folks that will tell you here that Obama is taking your guns soon are lying. Period.
-Bitter that Whites in America are becoming a minority, Angry because their party is falling apart, Seething because the Republicans don't have their finger on the pulse of the Nation. - The time of the LMG toting Jesus loving Tea party-ing uncle loving, bigot is over. Thank the Lord

edit on 5-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be in RANTS???

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What a crappola bunch of mental feces!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A perfect example of a racist screaming racism.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
A perfect example of a racist screaming racism.

I'm White. Nice try though
cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Obama came into Office with a lot of people believeing he would do good by the American People.

But from his First Day of Office and Forward, Gun Sales have been Made at a Record Pace.

Now, what is Different from Obama , and other POTUS before him?

That is the thought Process of the Religeous Nutters.

But as you Stated in your OP, Minorities are no Longer that, in the Minority.

The Bible Belt , and their backward thinking, will have to Change, or go the way of the Dodo.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You score points with me just with the John Marston avatar alone but... watch out. The "bible belt" folks on ATS aren't the typical right-wingers. Even the extreme right-wingers we do have here aren't generally racist. But one thing they do have in common is their sensitivity to being called racist and being lumped in and generalized with other conservatives.

We have a unique subset of demographics on this site and none of them like to be stereo-typed. Just a heads up.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Nice rant about us gun waving Bible believing Americans....Too bad most of it is opinion and not fact.

And by the way nice avatar...guy pointing a handgun at me....

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Nice rant about us gun waving Bible believing Americans....Too bad most of it is opinion and not fact.

And by the way nice avatar...guy pointing a handgun at me....

Hey thanks
Actually he's pointing over your left shoulder
Still bad gun etiquette I suppose..

I legally own five fire arms.

-Winchester 1400 12 guage

-Winchester 30/30

- H&R 270

-SR-Ruger 22

-20 guage (cant remember make it's old)

I don't own an AR-15 or a hundred round clip. They're illegal here. BUT... think I'm scared in the wee hours? lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

You score points with me just with the John Marston avatar alone but... watch out. The "bible belt" folks on ATS aren't the typical right-wingers. Even the extreme right-wingers we do have here aren't generally racist. But one thing they do have in common is their sensitivity to being called racist and being lumped in and generalized with other conservatives.

We have a unique subset of demographics on this site and none of them like to be stereo-typed. Just a heads up.

Kinda like putting your pecker in a wasps nest. I guess

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Too bad most of it is opinion and not fact.

Noted and edited

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Personally, there is no paranoia...assumptions...or un-founded fears from me. I lived in California when the moves against guns started as "common sense regulation" to become what it is today. Now, the author of much of those very same laws, from that state, has laid out her points and vision for how she sees it being applied by force of law across all 50 states whether each likes or agrees with it or not.

I'm just reading their own words and proposed bills. When they stop writing them, I'll stop showing any concern. The raging, record breaking weapons and related equipment sales from coast to coast may slow a bit too. Apparently, I'm not alone in my reading of their own proposals and words. I've simply chosen to take them at their word and not assume they're bluffing or kidding. I think they mean it this time.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You may have cabin fever. Its cold up there, have you been outdoors lately? I think the media is effecting you too. I am an American and i dont own a gun.

Do you honestly think this debate just began? This goes back to the 80s

LINK

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
You may have cabin fever. Its cold up there, have you been outdoors lately? I think the media is effecting you too. I am an American and i dont own a gun.

LINK

I'm sure the debate goes back farther than that, thanks for the link

Point is, Americans don't need an AR-15 to protect themselves. - They just have to learn to shoot more accurately with the other thousands of types of weapons available to them

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

But you forget! George Bush could not have created Fast and Furious gun selling to Mexico drug cartels unless he teamed up with Snow his Economic Adviser and created Cerberus to sell high powered assault weapons that a drug cartel would want. And just to think the hardest part was just letting a bill go off the fiscal cliff by not being reinstated. Or just make sure they don't appoint someone to be incharge of the ATF. 6 years now and they still don't have a boss at the ATF!

A gun a cartel can enjoy.

And then you have the gun shops in the US who get rich selling them. There is a reason their are more gun shops then there are grocery stores. It is because it is just so easy to sell a few hundred guns to some one and who cares what they do with them. The NRA and other organization will just work on making the media not report shootings. That will fix it!

edit on 5-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Originally posted by Malcher

LINK

I'm sure the debate goes back farther than that, thanks for the link

Point is, Americans don't need an AR-15 to protect themselves. - They just have to learn to shoot more accurately with the other thousands of types of weapons available to them

I shouldn't have used the term debate then. According to the first line in the link:

The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (Pub.L. 103-159, 107 Stat. 1536) is an Act of the United States Congress that instituted federal background checks on firearm purchasers in the United States.

Actually i thought that was the assault weapons ban. I can understand wanting a gun for personal protection though since usually it is the same people committing the crimes aka repeat offenders. If the justice systems main interest was in protecting the public people would not feel the need to arm themselves. It's no better in Canada, for that matter it may be worse as it is in Europe with the justice system. This is my opinion based off of what i have seen and the codling of criminals.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

This was the dumbest thing I have read all week.

If there is no plan then why does the group at the website below exist ?

dosfan.lib.uic.edu...

Stay out of the affairs of my Country, I will do the same for you and we can all be happy.
Clearly you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You know, I think a complete elimination of gun control laws in the bible belt would actually be a good experiment. As long as we could set up some system to prevent the flood of guns from migrating outside the area (giant walls and deadly fences, with heavily armed guards at all access points), I would be perfectly happy to see laws passed that allowed anyone to sell any kind of weapon, including rocket launchers, grenades, etc., to anyone else without any kind of checks or regulation.

I figure we'd either magically see a huge drop in crime rates, or we'd suddenly see a spike in the average national IQ. Either way, it would be a win-win situation.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

Oh another person from the USA telling someone to stay out of the USA's business lol Oh the hypocrisy.
International forum where you can say what you like as long as it doesn't break the T&C, don't like it? jog on.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join