It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother hiding with kids shoots intruder

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Gee Wiz. Can someone teach that woman how to shoot better. Hit him five times and he drove away. Now the Taxpayer is going to have to pay for his medical costs and have to pay for his prison costs. A habitual offender on top of that.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
34 murders a day

you'll never find enough intruder stories to balance it out

never

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
reply to post by sconner755

You're completely missing my point. I was using that to say she should have had a backup plan, like another avenue. But you people are beyond it.

I understand she has a gun, but like you said, if it misfired, she could have been "raped/killed, etc" (it's funny how you're coming up with the worst scenarios by the way), which is actually more reason to have a backup

She needed two guns

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by RN311

No one is saying she shouldn't have a gun....

Really?

Have you read anything or did you consult the Television?

22 USC CHAPTER 35 - ARMS CONTROL AND DISARMAMENT
uscode.house.gov...

Read it and then come back and tell me what you think, sorry though its not on T.V

If there are no plans to take the guns then why does this group exist?

dosfan.lib.uic.edu...

dosfan.lib.uic.edu...

States would retain only those forces, non-nuclear armaments, and establishments required for the purpose of maintaining internal order; they would also support and provide agreed manpower for a U.N. Peace Force.

The U.N. Peace Force, equipped with agreed types and quantities of armaments, would be fully functioning.

The manufacture of armaments would be prohibited except for those of agreed types and quantities to be used by the U.N. Peace Force and those required to maintain internal order. All other armaments would be destroyed or converted to peaceful purposes.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
OK did anyone of you actually read the article

First off he knocked at the door, her first reaction was to run and hide WTF!!!

I'm pretty sure she didn't run and hide because he knocked on the door, she just choose not to answer. Who knows why? Maybe she didn't hear him knock. Maybe she was in a different part of the house and simply didn't get there BEFORE he started breaking in

My Mum doesnt open the door to strangers, she asks through the door whos there, if she doesnt know them she doesnt open it.

wll she didn't open the door either..........

If she had of simply asked "Whos there" he would have made up a lie and moved on, if not she could have said "I have a gun and will shoot", he wasnt armed so would have fled. He wasnt a convicted rapist. He was in jail for battery, not robbery or anything else so most likely he beat up another crim. If his other 6 arrests were serious ie murder rape kidnap it would have been in the article as it was obviously pro gun.

we don't know he wasn't armed, he might have been he might not have been still in question. You have no idea what his other arrests were for for, this story is only hours old, maybe they simply haven't had time to get all the info together yet. How is this article pro gun, their reporting the FACTS of the story they have at the time the story was published

2nd he didnt "find them" he stumbled upon them while most likely trying to rob them. A shot fired at the roof when he tried to open the door would have scraed the crap outta him and he woulda run.

How do you know he simply "found them" most of the time when people break in to rob a house their not looking in the crawlspace for things to steal. You have no idea what would have happened if she fired a warning shot... Not to mention why should she HE IS IN HER HOUSE.

If she hadnt of been living in fear all this could have been avoided. Thats the problem with all you gun lovers.
You live in fear of something, whether its your gov or muggers or burglars it doesnt matter, YOU ARE ALL SCARED and it affects your judgement.

she wasn't scared until someone broke into her home!!!
I'm not scared of anything, there's a difference in being prepared and being scared

It seriously seems like you gun lovers are just itching for a chance to use your shiny toys, the fact some of you are saying you wish he was dead or good on her just shows how sick the average gun owners mentality is.

How would you know the mentality of the average gun owner here in America when you don't live here???

I don't even know why I responded to your post it's just egging you on, and as I've already posted on your other thread I'm pretty sure EVERYONE on ATS knows your opinion on guns, gun rights and gun owners, so why even bother??

also I'm sure you succeeded in getting more attention for your own thread which I'm sure was really your whole point

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

This is outrageous!!!! What if that man would have died?
He didn't even have a gun.

This woman is out of control.
This isn't the wild west where you can just go shooting everything that moves.

This is EXACTLY why guns need to be banned.
Hot headed psycho moms with an attitude. Did she even TRY to talk it out before she started her gun slinging?

DId she even ASK him why he was there or what he wanted? Maybe he was lost! Did she even think of that? Did she even TRY giving him the benefit of the doubt???? NO!!!

If she was SOOOO scared then answer me this,
WHY DIDN'T SHE CALL THE POLICE!?!?!?

She was out for blood when she bought that gun and just couldn't wait to kill a black man. She needs to be locked up before she kills someone!!
edit on 4-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by RN311

Hot headed psycho moms with an attitude. Did she even TRY to talk it out before she started her gun slinging?

DId she even ASK him why he was there or what he wanted? Maybe he was lost! Did she even think of that? Did she even TRY giving him the benefit of the doubt???? NO!!!

She was out for blood when she bought that gun and just couldn't wait to kill a black man. She needs to be locked up before she kills someone!!

um if somebody who is lost andn looking for directions thanks the best way to get directions to take a crowbar and breakthrough somebody's front door then they deserve to be shot and killed because they're stupid.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by RN311

He didn't even have a gun. This woman is out of control. This isn't the wild west where you can just go shooting everything that moves. This is EXACTLY why guns need to be banned. Hot headed psycho moms with an attitude. Did she even TRY to talk it out before she started her gun slinging? DId she even ASK him why he was there or what he wanted? Maybe he was lost! Did she even think of that? Did she even TRY giving him the benefit of the doubt???? NO!!! She was out for blood when she bought that gun and just couldn't wait to kill a black man. She needs to be locked up before she kills someone!!

Lost? With a crowbar to break into a house, then breaks in. Lost you say! If you come into my house by breaking in the front door you can expect a surprise. If my kids are home you will get a bigger surprise.

Read the OP. Lost indeed!

P

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

reply to post by RN311

um if somebody who is lost andn looking for directions thanks the best way to get directions to take a crowbar and breakthrough somebody's front door then they deserve to be shot and killed because they're stupid.

oh that was good I needed a laugh thanks!!

Screwed please tell me I'm just missing the sarcasm because if not.......... There are no words..........

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

From your post I get the impression that this woman scares you do you break into people’s houses often to where you are afraid that something like this may happen to you? Your post is very strange to me because you seem to be rooting for the criminal and trying to make up excuses for him.

Just don’t be breaking into people houses and you will not become a target. Honestly your mindset is very strange. Criminal like I would guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

The fact that anyone would take that post seriously, as obnoxious as it was is very telling.
Telling because, even though I was laying on the sarcasm as thick as I possibly could and being as rediculous as I could, there were still people who believed it!!!

Do you know WHY people believed it???

BECAUSE THIS IS THE TYPE OF CRAP
anti gun people ACTUALLY SAY!!!!!!

And THEY my friends, are 100% serious!
Now THAT is scary.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
this whole anti gun issue is amazing. I myself have never done any criminal acts are broken any laws and amazingly I've never been harmed or injured by a gun. I've never even had a gun pointed at me! Isn't that amazing? I think of the people here who are afraid of guns are probably criminals. Or have had criminal pasts.

sorry for my bad spelling. I am using my smart phones text to speech.
edit on 4-1-2013 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

reply to post by RN311

The fact that anyone would take that post seriously, as obnoxious as it was is very telling.
Telling because, even though I was laying on the sarcasm as thick as I possibly could and being as rediculous as I could, there were still people who believed it!!!

Now THAT is scary.

I'm not going to lie you had me for a minute,

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

I would protect my children with any means necessary.

It's instinct.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by RN311

Now THAT is scary.

Wow, you really had me. I must admit you make a good point. The anti gun nuts are really stupid.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Vast majority of people who own guns Im sure are just dying for the day they can use em like this guy.

Really? What color is the sky in your world? Why wouldn't they just go ahead and blast away, if they are dying to do so?

I honestly don't know how the owners of ATS are able to show the restraint to not censor this kind of crap.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Good for her and for her children. As has already been proven in higher court, the police have no responsibility nor cause to protect you as a private citizen and thus it is up to us to protect ourselves, as it should be.

They should give this women a medal and if you want to reduce crime in your area, have the local media cover this story, an armed society is a polite society.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Another reason to not ban high-capacity magazines...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Great video pay attention at 3.18

BTW Screwed you had me going I just came to this thread from another where someone was being an anti-gun idiot so I was already in the mood.

Watch this for a laugh.

edit on 4-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Another reason to not ban high-capacity magazines...

This is one of the reasons most US law enforcement went from revolvers to semi-auto pistols. Larger magazine capacity was needed in real life or death confrontations. Also the reason law enforcement increased the caliber of service weapons several time over a few years. The human body is really awesome when it comes to being able to fight even with trauma caused by bullets. TPTB know what it takes to defend yourself in the real world but are willing to take that ability away from me....boo on that.

The repercussions of 11 April 1986 are still being felt, as firearms author Charlie Petty has elsewhere noted2, and this dark event has become the defining moment of the 20th Century for handgun ammunition throughout both law enforcement and civilian ranks.

Link
edit on 4-1-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join