It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mother hiding with kids shoots intruder

page: 6
45
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 


Sorry screwed, roflmao. You were being sarcastic. I get it.

I really thought you were a gun hating idiot.


Sorry


P


ETA I am still laughing, I need a whole row

edit on 4/1/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
34 murders a day

you'll never find enough intruder stories to balance it out

never


Serious?

Pol pot, Hitler, Stalin, Mao and all democide combined has killed over 262 MILLION in the last 100 years.

In every instance these murdering tyrants denied their victims the mechanism for resistance against force. Guns.

One of the undeniable lessons of history is that the result of gun control is genocide.



posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21
reply to post by RN311
 


You're using his criminal history to justify her actions. That doesn't make any sense. She carried out her actions without knowledge of his criminal history. She shot him not knowing whether it was his first offence, or 10th.

Therefore, there is no justification for her actions. She did it blindly. See what i'm saying?

He may not have died, but that doesn't make it okay. Her intentions could have been to kill him, it was just by chance he survived. Again, no justification for her force.


You are insane. When an aggressor forces his way into your damned home, you don't stop to ask what his intentions are...you eliminate the threat period... It is YOUR House, get a spine.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by polarwarrior
 


Read one of your past posts! Your just tryin to jerk some chains......come on now.......


LOL, you didn't wait long enough, look at the idiot posts afterwards... He doesn't deserve a death sentence blah blah blah.

damn fool victims see the criminal who forcibly broke in to HER HOUSE with children in it for god knows what or why... you eliminate the threat idiots. You have no idea what the violent intentions are and you don't take chances. Don't be stupid and naive.


edit on 5-1-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
even a broken clock is right 700 times a year....

Although on the surface im sure i looks like a victory for responsible gun owner, underneath its just another inch down the bottomless pit of violent society.

If i was the intruders friend, at home hearing about this on the news (remember im a bad guy who hurts people) seeing how my buddy is laid up with 3 punctured organs, I wouldn't be like...

"oh no! we should all re think our lives - didn't see that coming"

I would be more like....

"SEE! thats why you never let em catch you slippen, fool didn't even have his gun out!?? Wont happen to me, I turn corners bullet first"

This mother just gave some good education to all would-be home invaders who catch the news.

Criminals have always adapted to survive against police and deterrents. The more violent you are with them the more violence they are going to come back at you with.

This is a problem in our social fabric, its nothing a 50 round magazine is going to solve in the long run.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty
 

Well.like then,like maybe, like,you know she'll bag,like, your ass too
No one walks BACK into a shooting least of all some balless punk.I suppose you would rather be murdered than defend yourself? I HAVE HEARD someone actually say that this was so, and at least their karma would be clear.How comforting is that when you bleed out?
My neighbor 2 doors down was murdered by Cholos. the police showed up 15 minutes later.The hispanic individuals drove off without further incident.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What a terrible situation that she, and her children had to go through. I'm glad that they made it through that. That man shouldn't have broken into her home. I don't own a gun, though I've been thinking of getting one. I would have done the same thing with whatever I had near me if someone decided to break into my home. I'm a single mother with a daughter, and no body would be getting into my home without me doing something to protect myself, or her, gun, or not.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by FirstCasualty
 

Well.like then,like maybe, like,you know she'll bag,like, your ass too
No one walks BACK into a shooting least of all some balless punk.I suppose you would rather be murdered than defend yourself? I HAVE HEARD someone actually say that this was so, and at least their karma would be clear.How comforting is that when you bleed out?
My neighbor 2 doors down was murdered by Cholos. the police showed up 15 minutes later.The hispanic individuals drove off without further incident.


Sucks you live in such a violent society... really!

Maybe if you all double up on your gun stock things will get better.

You obviously missed my point.

Its pretty clear by your bag em up and bleed out talk that you have no place in a peaceful society.

Sorry life has been so hard on you.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty
 


Actually YOU HAVE a peaceful society because of my nature and all the others LIKE me who are now defending you.Also your snap judgement is spurious and misplaced,not that you would bother to figure that out on your own.
My place is next to you.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by FirstCasualty
 


Actually YOU HAVE a peaceful society because of my nature and all the others LIKE me who are now defending you.Also your snap judgement is spurious and misplaced,not that you would bother to figure that out on your own.
My place is next to you.


I live in Canada, you have done NOTHING for me! what has the US done to secure ANYBODY a peaceful society? Seriously, your nation is considered a global terrorist not global police. Sorry to burst your FOX news bubble.

Especially if your alive today you have no business demanding respect for battles fought hundreds of years ago. Thats like black people still claiming victimhood from the slave trade.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
There's a new TV show that features real 911 calls and tells the stories of what happened, anyone who thinks guns are not necessary for defending their homes should watch a few episodes. There are some issues common to every episode that are extremely disturbing.

1. In every case, the police were unable to get their before the intruder was able to assault the victim(s).
2. In one episode, the woman hiding in a closet with her child was armed but the 911 dispatcher insisted multiple times that she put the gun away before the police would enter the home (supposedly to prevent her shooting a cop or vice versa). In reality, the police could not find her apartment in the complex and after she gave in and put the gun down the intruder found her and managed to rape and almost strangle her in front of her child before the police finally arrived.

In every case, the police do not make it in time to stop the criminal. If you think the police will be there when you need them and will arrive before an intruder can rape / assault / murder you or your family you're living in a fantasy World. If you think the fact that guns are still allowed in the US makes it "more violent" than other places you're just sadly mistaken.

If you / your country doesn't want to have gun rights and a majority of your citizens agree then great for you. When it comes to my country and my rights, however you can but out. Worry about your business and let us worry about ours.

The biggest problem w/ the anti gun lobby is that it is a minority position. Put to a vote, an overwhelming majority of Americans do not support gun control legislation. It's really that simple.

People have lost their way when it comes to defining freedom. You don't like guns? Then don't own one, no one is forcing you to do so. The same goes for those who do want to own a weapon, as long as it's legal and used with responsibility (which is the case in a huge majority) then you should have the right to.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
There's a new TV show that features real 911 calls and tells the stories of what happened, anyone who thinks guns are not necessary for defending their homes should watch a few episodes. There are some issues common to every episode that are extremely disturbing.

1. In every case, the police were unable to get their before the intruder was able to assault the victim(s).
2. In one episode, the woman hiding in a closet with her child was armed but the 911 dispatcher insisted multiple times that she put the gun away before the police would enter the home (supposedly to prevent her shooting a cop or vice versa). In reality, the police could not find her apartment in the complex and after she gave in and put the gun down the intruder found her and managed to rape and almost strangle her in front of her child before the police finally arrived.

In every case, the police do not make it in time to stop the criminal. If you think the police will be there when you need them and will arrive before an intruder can rape / assault / murder you or your family you're living in a fantasy World. If you think the fact that guns are still allowed in the US makes it "more violent" than other places you're just sadly mistaken.

If you / your country doesn't want to have gun rights and a majority of your citizens agree then great for you. When it comes to my country and my rights, however you can but out. Worry about your business and let us worry about ours.

The biggest problem w/ the anti gun lobby is that it is a minority position. Put to a vote, an overwhelming majority of Americans do not support gun control legislation. It's really that simple.

People have lost their way when it comes to defining freedom. You don't like guns? Then don't own one, no one is forcing you to do so. The same goes for those who do want to own a weapon, as long as it's legal and used with responsibility (which is the case in a huge majority) then you should have the right to.


An American telling people to but out and mind their own business!!!...

Now i have heard everything.

Too bad there are millions of honest peaceful Americans being held hostage by gun packing religious extremists. Its really top bad.
edit on 5-1-2013 by FirstCasualty because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Score another one for the second amendment.

I remember watching a "world scariest" type of show where a woman was hiding in her closet, while a man who had stalked her and her child for some time, was breaking down her door. The police dispatcher actually told her to put down her gun. I could never figure out why. The guy broke down the door, and started to try and rape her in front of her child. The police were in the apartment complex searching diligently for the apartment, but could not find the correct one, which is understandable, as it seemed large and many apartments looked the same. The police found the apartment right around this time, and restrained the attacker, #head got jail time.

What if the police had not found the apartment in time?
What if she only had a cell phone and it was not working, or no phone at all?
What would have happened then?
How many times has this happened where the victim was unarmed?

I cannot for the life of me understand the reasoning of the anti gun people. Yes, can be used to kill people. So do cars, and other such things. One difference is I'm sure that there are not many situations where you can use a car to protect yourself, or others, but with guns, you can. One similarity is that without a person operating either, the end result is not possible.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff
 


On June 30, 2008, Joe Horn was cleared by a grand jury in the Pasadena shootings.

Link

Now, I don't agree at all with what Joe Horn did...but a jury of his peers agreed it was not criminal.

Similarly, I'd wager there isn't a jury around that would indict this poor woman for what she did-5 rounds or not.

She would have got life for it here in Canada. Be thankful you guys have the right to firearms and Castle doctrine still exists in some states.

Lesson: Don't break into residences if you don't want the consequences.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
One shot to the stomach and a call to the police is defence.
6 shots is a person that shouldn't be allowed a gun, firstly she was obviously a bad shot (a crime in itself if you own a gun) secondly she was out of control. Understandable I would do the same in her position. But if you can't shoot accurately you could kill an innocent.

Are you guys required to prove proficiency with weapons on a regular basis in order to keep your weapons ?
If not then God help you, I dare say there are those trained and that practice on a regular basis. I also dare say that there are many with a weapon that simply don't know how to use it.

A great line from a film

"What are you in for?"
A guy made 3 mistakes
1 he picked on me
2 he pulled a knife
3 he didn't know how to use it !

Peace



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
One shot to the stomach and a call to the police is defence.
6 shots is a person that shouldn't be allowed a gun, firstly she was obviously a bad shot (a crime in itself if you own a gun) secondly she was out of control. Understandable I would do the same in her position. But if you can't shoot accurately you could kill an innocent.

Are you guys required to prove proficiency with weapons on a regular basis in order to keep your weapons ?
If not then God help you, I dare say there are those trained and that practice on a regular basis. I also dare say that there are many with a weapon that simply don't know how to use it.

A great line from a film

"What are you in for?"
A guy made 3 mistakes
1 he picked on me
2 he pulled a knife
3 he didn't know how to use it !

Peace


It is so easy to judge from an armchair.

He opened the door, therefore we can assume near to point blank range.
She was frightened for her children and herself.
In all likely hood she was shaking.
She fired in fear and stopped when the gun was empty.
5 out of 6 is pretty good shooting.
SHe ran.

In my book, she is a heroine. She protected her children, give her a medal.

If everyone did this you would run out of criminals very fast either they die or they find a safer occupation. Either way, a bonus for society.

Good for her, she has to live and relive this over and over.
With help, her nightmares will fade.

Some of you have no idea what she went through and what she will still go through. She has to live this for the rest of her life.

P



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
One shot to the stomach and a call to the police is defence.
6 shots is a person that shouldn't be allowed a gun, firstly she was obviously a bad shot (a crime in itself if you own a gun) secondly she was out of control. Understandable I would do the same in her position. But if you can't shoot accurately you could kill an innocent.

Are you guys required to prove proficiency with weapons on a regular basis in order to keep your weapons ?
If not then God help you, I dare say there are those trained and that practice on a regular basis. I also dare say that there are many with a weapon that simply don't know how to use it.

A great line from a film

"What are you in for?"
A guy made 3 mistakes
1 he picked on me
2 he pulled a knife
3 he didn't know how to use it !

Peace


Thinking like yours is EXACTLY why they put the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution.

Can you imagine some ninny bureaucrat in the government making a decision on whether this woman should own a gun?

"Let's see... intruder in your house.... kids there..... you hid and when the intruder didn't leave you shot him what??? 5 TIMES???? This is a serious violation of protocol. The Minister of Proper Gun Discharge will be aghast when she sees this. Don't you know you should have shot him ONE time in the stomach, then called the police? Tsk tsk tsk.... no more guns for you ma'am."

WTF.... why isn't anybody talking about how the dumbass intruder shouldn't have been in this lady's house?



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnKoontz
It'll just get worse once they outlaw guns. You won't be able to stop these people.


Of course you could you'd just have to be a little more creative is all?

Bow and arrow booby traps are like a thousand years old i'm sure you could figure it out if necessity demanded.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
One shot to the stomach and a call to the police is defence.
6 shots is a person that shouldn't be allowed a gun, firstly she was obviously a bad shot (a crime in itself if you own a gun) secondly she was out of control. Understandable I would do the same in her position. But if you can't shoot accurately you could kill an innocent.



You're ignorant in this subject. you've never fired a gun, never studied terminal ballistics of any caliber and you know nothing of the tactical application of secondary weapons systems (handguns) in dynamic enviroments...Buuuuut, you still feel the need to make a post filled with assumptions and feelings. You embody the anti gun movement. Let me share something with you.

Officer Shoots Man 22 times, Makes 17 Center Mass hits with a .40 caliber Glock...perp still returns fire.



The Aftermath
Remarkably, Palmer had taken 22 hits from Soulis' .40-caliber Glock, 17 of which had hit center mass. Despite the fact that the weapon had been loaded with Ranger SXTs considered by many to be one of the best man-stoppers available Palmer lived for more than four minutes after the last shot was fired. His autopsy revealed nothing more than a small amount of alcohol in his bloodstream. Although Soulis could not have known it, Palmer was wanted for murder in a neighboring state.



Here's a guy that takes pepper spray, a round to the abdomen and takes the officers service pistol away and beats him with it.




When you get into a situation where you have to use lethal force, you don't shoot someone once and stand back and look at them, you shoot until the threat is gone, then you search and assess to make sure he's alone. There's no telling how many rounds that will take, I train for failure drills reflexively... the reason I do this is because there are people in this world that can take 17 .40 sxt's in the ten ring and remain a threat.
edit on 5-1-2013 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   


You're ignorant in this subject. you've never fired a gun, never studied terminal ballistics of any caliber and you know nothing of the tactical application of secondary weapons systems (handguns) in dynamic enviroments...Buuuuut, you still feel the need to make a post filled with assumptions and feelings. You embody the anti gun movement. Let me share something with you.
reply to post by EyesWideShut
 


It was an ideal world scenario badly presented my apologies.
As for having never fired a weapon (a gun by definition is light artillery upwards) I served in the IDF for years as a front line soldier I think I've got a rough idea about weapons, and am hardly ignorant.



new topics

top topics



 
45
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join