It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Seen From Plane

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Best guess would be a skyscraper just poking through the cloud tops, as there seems to be a structure beneath the light. I believe the light is stationary; being in an aircraft flying low over cloud tops would give a parallax effect, combined with a low field of view through the camera, the object might appear to move.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Saytan75 because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'm a pilot. ATC would have no problem letting two planes fly that close. The minimum is 1000ft horizontal and vertical separation. RVSM. The problem is it's not a plane.

Second, the YouTube description says they are at 30,000ft. No they are not. First off, the flaps of the aircraft are out showing they are clearly in descent for landing, and also you hardly find those types of clouds at 30,000.

With that said, yeah a blue light attached to some sort of man made structure poking out of clouds is strange, but it COULD be a snow plough on top of a mountain ridge...

Also ALL aircraft warning lights used on buildings and structures ALL AROUND THE WORLD to warn aircraft of such terrain are red, and most blink. Never blue. Blue is not used in aviation for any purpose.
edit on 4-1-2013 by kidcraig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kidcraig

Which maybe is why there is not more info on exactly where this plane was when the video was taken, because the hoaxer would know that it would easily be shown a hoax if this was taken near tall buildings or high mountains with blue lights on top.

But still, that light is not blinking...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Naw, as you can see the top-right edge of the "object" is illuminated as if the sun is hitting it. That says to me that it's actually above the tops of the clouds, and getting hit by sunlight.

The more I look at this video and the still...meh I don't even want to admit it yet...

Flagged. This is cool.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Right you are. If this is a hoax, it's a pretty freakin' amazing one, eh? Next step, contact the YouTuber?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidcraig

Right you are. If this is a hoax, it's a pretty freakin' amazing one, eh? Next step, contact the YouTuber?

Stars for anyone contacting the youtuber to find out exactly WHERE that plane was (or as close as possible) so we can figure out likely causes.
Report back please.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

That is a good piece of footage, i cannot explain what it could be.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
If anyone's flown into Geneva, Switzerland many mountain peaks sneak out of the clouds like this. Pretty awesome sight. But that's my guess, as there's sometimes a restaraunt or some bs on top of the mountains there.
edit on 4-1-2013 by AMERICANSTRONG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
very interesting...

unfortunately the quote in the OP/youtube desc. means alot of people wont take it seriously - cos dey iz relly relly dum
edit on 4-1-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AMERICANSTRONG

Would love to go to Geneva. This plane is an Airbus A318/19/20 or 21 model, and the family is American or North American sounding. Smaller busses don't usually cross the ocean especially not to Geneva, so I'm just racial profiling and saying they are somewhere on our side. Narrows it down a bit

edit on 4-1-2013 by kidcraig because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer

We're gonna need Phage on this one.

Phage... are you there? What is that?

Don't you have a mind of your own, your own brain or you lack it? Lol @ all those who call for Phage' someone else to explain things to them instead of them thinking on their own.

--------

If this is not CGI it looks like some tower on top of a mountain, I doubt it is even anything secret, for being so close to the mountain...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

We're gonna need Phage on this one.

Phage... are you there? What is that?

hmmm...Phage is still awaiting instructions from his friend David Morrison on this one..

no but seriously..what do you expect Phage to say on this one ?

about the footage :

the position of the blue light is somehow looking strange to me...also is there a second small red light on the corner of the shape??

my impression is that we are looking at a high technology craft...if only..we can see the whole thing

edit on 4-1-2013 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidcraig

I'm a pilot. ATC would have no problem letting two planes fly that close. The minimum is 1000ft horizontal and vertical separation. RVSM. The problem is it's not a plane.

Second, the YouTube description says they are at 30,000ft. No they are not. First off, the flaps of the aircraft are out showing they are clearly in descent for landing, and also you hardly find those types of clouds at 30,000.

With that said, yeah a blue light attached to some sort of man made structure poking out of clouds is strange, but it COULD be a snow plough on top of a mountain ridge...

Also ALL aircraft warning lights used on buildings and structures ALL AROUND THE WORLD to warn aircraft of such terrain are red, and most blink. Never blue. Blue is not used in aviation for any purpose.

wow what a feedback

so now we know that they lied about the altitude ...

hmmm..im turning suspicious now..once there is 1 lie..more will pop out soon

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I do not think it's a hoax, the "type" of uploader doesn't seem like someone I'd suspect hoaxing or spending hours making a rather convincing CGI video.

Furthermore he says he also took still images and mentions someone else shot the "object" as well. I have no reason to doubt he would produce the photos as well if someone would ask him.

So..that's just my gut feeling.

However, I still think it's not a "craft" of any sorts. Thanks to the pilot mentioning the flaps, I was looking at this but due to my own lack of expertise couldn't tell whether the flaps were out or in. If they are extended they are definitely NOT at 30.000ft but much lower. The entire object does not look "UFO like" to me but very man-made, for some reason.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

is there a second small red light on the corner of the shape??

my impression is that we are looking at a high technology craft...if only..we can see the whole thing

edit on 4-1-2013 by heineken because: (no reason given)

I thought that too but it looks like a reflection from our Sun off the tip of it. If it's CGI it's really well done IMO.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It really seems to be attached to some structure.
It could be a weather beacon, like the John Hancock Tower

www.ecenglish.com...

Steady blue, clear view
Flashing blue, clouds due
Steady red, rain ahead
Flashing red, snow instead.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Yeah, it's almost like the bow of a ship in the movie The Fog or something. Maybe a mountain that's been shaped? But with a blue light? The background info seems credible. The Airbus was flying from Florida.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blindIo

Hmm. Any other searches turn up a weather beacon in the USA or Canada attached to a structure like that?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Geneva is a pretty cool and beautiful place, but literally the most expensive in the world. For sure worth a visit. And yes, good call with the findings. Carry on.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Well, the Old John Hanock Building is in the USA: Boston.

In Canada:
en.wikipedia.org...
But no blue light there.

Actually, that might help to find some candidates :
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join