It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dear American Friends, what is wrong with the USA?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You responded to this:

We seriously have people ru(i)nning this country that think the earth is flat and is about five thousand years old.

So how is that not about religion? So you are just anti-science?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Doesn't matter ! You responded to me and that isn't what I was referring too.

You may have missed a part of the post on the previous page.

So how is that not about religion? So you are just anti-science?

That would be the same as being anti-second amendment wouldn't it ? Think real hard for a second, don't break any vessels and see if you can possibly come up with the right answer to the question of, what I am against ?
Here's a hint.
edit on 4-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I will tell you what happened to us...we came within an inch of simultaniously going to War with multiple countries after 9/11. At the last minute our response was scaled down.

The U.S. Military almost invaded not only Iraq and Afghanistan but also Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, Yemin, Palestine, Somali as well as perhaps two other African Nations...and let Syria know that if did not stop allowing Iraqi Insurgents from using Syria as a place to both hide as well as launch attacks against U.S. Forces...it would not be difficult for parts of the U.S. Military to Invade Syria.

The Civilian Population of a major U.S. City...New York...was attacked. The U.S. Military response could have been Far Worse.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I believe the USA had the potential to become a great nation. I respect the Constitution but that document has much to do with political climate that gripped the USA from its adoption. The Articles of Confederation were not perfect. However, they kept the states sovereign unto themselves and I think that was a good thing. Many federalists at the time wanted to reform the Articles so as to setup a central government that would be beneficial to them.

For example:

(From Wikipedia)
"Rakove (1988) identifies several factors that explain the collapse of the Confederation. The lack of compulsory direct taxation power was objectionable to those wanting a strong centralized state or expecting to benefit from such power. It could not collect customs after the war because tariffs were vetoed by Rhode Island. Rakove concludes that their failure to implement national measures "stemmed not from a heady sense of independence but rather from the enormous difficulties that all the states encountered in collecting taxes, mustering men, and gathering supplies from a war-weary populace." The second group of factors Rakove identified derived from the substantive nature of the problems the Continental Congress confronted after 1783, especially the inability to create a strong foreign policy. Finally, the Confederation's lack of coercive power reduced the likelihood for profit to be made by political means, thus potential rulers were uninspired to seek power."

Another example:

On January 21, 1786, the Virginia Legislature, following James Madison's recommendation, invited all the states to send delegates to Annapolis, Maryland to discuss ways to reduce interstate conflict. At what came to be known as the Annapolis Convention, the few state delegates in attendance endorsed a motion that called for all states to meet in Philadelphia in May 1787 to discuss ways to improve the Articles of Confederation in a "Grand Convention." Although the states' representatives to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia were only authorized to amend the Articles, the representatives held secret, closed-door sessions and wrote a new constitution. The new Constitution gave much more power to the central government, but characterization of the result is disputed. The general goal of the authors was to get close to a republic as defined by the philosophers of the Age of Enlightenment, while trying to address the many difficulties of the interstate relationships.

----End Examples----

Now, I am not dismissing the portions that I did not emphasize. I am sure that issues such as these were of paramount importance to the day. I am merely showing parallels to our present day USA. Many folk complain of political office for profit and/or secret deals behind closed doors. Yet, before we had a Constitution there were men that wanted to implement a form of government to do just that.

There are many theories as to when the USA government began to go wrong. I say that it was when we adopted the Constitution. The Articles were flawed and had many problems. Even so, they seem to have had the power to allow men(and women by present standards) to seek out position in government for selfless reasons. Personally, I would much rather have an Honorable leader who seeks office primarily for the advancement and prosperity of society in general as opposed to the system we have now.

Perhaps I am being Idealistic. Maybe the corruption would have taken hold regardless. Maybe the Confederation would have fallen apart. Even so, the path to true liberty seems to have been through the Articles of Confederation...not the Constitution.

In closing, I know that I am leaving much information about the Articles out of this post. Again, it had many problems and challenges ahead. Yet, we did not give it a worthy try. People seem to complain about the politicians absolute control of the land(and it was worse back then than it is now). The impetus for that control is the Constitution. I guess my point is.....it makes me wonder if we would have been better off without it. In any case, it is a moot and purely hypothetical thought experiment. It is the law of the land and it will continue to be.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Only you can somehow fix it, and make "it" better, because if you can't then we all may be screwed, hey at least we're in it together as "North Americans", and it's not like the whole continent is breaking up or losing integrity anytime soon - so maybe it's not too late?

Its simple math.

The ratio of consuming-Americans to producing-Americans is too high now.
There will be no recovery as there is no incentive for Americans to work for a future.
The state simply takes it from the working citizen and sells it to the non-producers for votes.
Individual thought is near nonexistent.
It now is simply a small collection of political sound bytes played on a continuous loop in the minds of most of the occupants of the US.

It's like the titanic. The lifeboats will be filled and steerage will be locked up tight.

"What was that noise dear?"
"I've no idea."
"Did we hit something?"
"Surely not."
"Why is the ship listing?"
"Stop asking silly questions and get dressed. We're dining at the Captain's table tonight."
"Oh, good!"

edit on 4-1-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
All the USA needs to do is ask its current president to either solve the JFK assasination or step down from office while the real Americans solve that murder.

Behind the group that effected the coup de tat on JFK is the answer to all of the questions people share.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'll tell you what's wrong with America.

Democrats.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Poor you then.

And remember, I'm Canadian.. eh? (don't shoot?)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

I never knew Batman was a staunch atheist.. and if that's the case then why does Robin always say "Holy ____ Batman!", was that a mean of compensating..?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
cool thread...no worries, we down here in the lower part of the continent are hapily waiting for the moment to rear it's ugly head.....honest..we live for hero stuff like this....when we'll pop the top on that CAN OF WHOOP AZZ.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
I think the problem is this generation doesnt have the pride that was instilled in us.. It was not to long ago everyone was proud to be an american.. We started each day at school with the pledge of allegiance and we were taught we were lucky to be american

No other nations opinion mattered on anything It was only "our way"..
edit on 4-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

This. Regardless of the worlds opinion(or ATS members) I'm still damn proud to be an American.Say what you want about our government,but I'll be damned if i sit back and let foreigners bash us.Except those Canadians.Cuz you know,they're our little sisters.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Working on things brother. Thanks for the pep talk

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

do wha??? out of all of that nonsense you didn't say what you thought was wrong with america? Or why we as Americans might feel something is wrong? Did I miss something here...
" the do not lose heart etc.."\
i think you've been on this conspiracy site too long my cannuck friend. Most of us average Americans believe whole heartily in our country and nation.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Sir I can explain what is wrong to you in short words. The United States has forgotten God in it's ongoing existence in favor of man's own wayward ways and trusting in man's own precepts, traditions and thought process.

One piece of Biblical Scripture tells us the entire story: Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Isaiah 29:13

This one simple passage that the modern so called Christian conveniently puts aside as not needed by anybody tells us so much if we choose to open our minds, our hearts and we choose to put aside all that the public school systems and these churches founded,crafted,created and programmed by man have pre programmed into our minds.All of the latter mentioned has cause "The Dumbing Down of America" over our time here on this continent.

If you would like to read a longer version of an answer to your question then I suggest the Book of Ecclesiastes as another great source to understand how the "Folly of Men" has gotten us to the low point we are today.

Peace be unto you all who read and understand this posting.

edit on 5-1-2013 by poundpuppy because: word check

edit on 5-1-2013 by poundpuppy because: word check

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I am an american and I endorse this message, Eh.

Thank you OP. Very well thought out. Good read too. Hopefully we are still WILLING to change or rather, go back to basics as I see it. I fear many have just given up hope and have bought into the illusion of "absolute power" by our corrupt leaders.

It is the freaking wizard of OZ.

Have a good one OP.

Thanks.
edit on 5-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with Americans,but the people responsible for the coup de tat on JFK are still involved in how America is run,they and those representing their interests today are a disease to the USA and until they are exposed and purged BY THE GOVERNMENT ITSELF America will remain a split-personality /OCD type of culture.

I was born in the 60s and let me say this again,all the problems America is going through are a result of the fracture between the people and the government and then by proxy the people and the people,there is only one TRUTH or one RIGHT and all of America knows that the TRUTH or RIGHT was never sought in the JFK murder and the coup de tat,and as a result ALL Americans know they lost their rightful government that day in a coup de tat,so today those married to the government even though they know the coup de tat happened will fight with their fellow Americans on behalf of a bastardised government.This coup de ta has divided the greatest Nation in modern history,split from within,as Rome was also destroyed---from within ,as no outside power could break the resolve and loyalty of the Roman people.As modern current history is showing us the American people have been attacked from within and they have also been split apart internally as there is no external power strong enough to break the resolve and loyalty of the American people.As defeat must come from within so must victory and renewed strength,once a broken bone heals it heals stronger.America must heal this wound immediatly or she will folllow Rome within 100 yrs.

America must look WITHIN for the catalyst of change that will reaffirm her strength and integrity as ONE nation ,to reestablish herself as THE world leader in Freedom ,Democracy and Humanitarian direction.

The American President must be the Tip of the Spear,he must be empowered again,and he must immediatly utilise ALL of the nations resources to purge the coup de tat influences which run rampant today,if there are connections to his own tenure that he did not understand or have cognisant knowledge of prior to his running for office then he MUST turn in his benefactors and distance himself from them,he needs to count on the American people to support him.

This act or renewal can only be accomplished by a man as great as the one stolen from the American people.

Who is this person who will step forward and lead America back into the light??How may more years can America hold on before the fracture becomes a chasm of chaos??

Is the current man the one with this level of committment,integrity,and American loyalty??

President Kennedy knew he was going to die that day long before his car was in Dealy Plaza,as soon as his Secret Service detail was changed as you can watch happen on Youtube---he knew his destiny--and his eyes which we can all watch on video show the strength of spirit and level of sacrifice he was prepared to display.He knew fully the moment that SS detail made changes he would die,and his reaction was not to run away or to preserve himself---he remained AMERICAN and he rode into his destiny bravely----look at the videos and pictures of the President that was stolen from you and see how he moves himself as far away from the First Lady as is humanly possible before the limo gets to Dealy Plaza ---he makes himself a BETTER target and also makes the First Lady safer,even to the last second he was selfless and brave.Watch as the motorcade gets to the snipers zones and observe the Secret Service Agents being called OFF of the back of his limo to clear the shooting lanes for the coup de tat to happen.How do you feel when you see this happening ??In your guts ,how does if feel??Now thank yourself for bequeathing that feeling to your children and grandchildren and all who come after them because as sure as that feeling is in the pit of your stomach,America is doomed.Unless this is dealt with openly and publicly and completely America is surely doomed.Even other countrys have provided online evidence to show the American people the truth as it is in reality.

There ARE Americans as brave and steadfast as JFK was,they are here somewhere,and now is the time for them to step up to the plate,history may close the doors the internet has opened in the last 15 yrs.Action must happen now.True Americans must galvanise together,a brave leader must state his intentions of purging America of the coup de tat influences and healing this great wound and build his presidential campaign upon it--and be brave enough to take the risks that entails.Or the current leader must surrender his legacy to seeking a historic and monumental truth,History will forever remember and respect the individual that
makes America whole again.

There is nothing wrong with the USA,she is still awaiting her Knight in Shining Armor,her deliverance may be at hand thanks to the internet and youtube and AMERICANS who have made the truth available in the Peoples Court--online.

One day soon the globe will begin to galvanise as humanity comes together,and this will happen in stages,America should rightfull be leading North America into this process,but I gaurantee you that the America we see today with this huge open wound making her sick and unpredictable will NEVER lead this continent anywhere,because the people will not trust the current American system which we can see is potentially catalysed from a coup de tat that happened when JFK was murdered.

There will be a Mexican or a Canadian leader unless this issue is fully and completely resolved.This is no joking matter.It almost doesnt matter what Americans of today think because its really the opinions of Canadians and mexicans that will dictate how North America evolves.America can never wave a gun at either Mexico or Canada and survive the aftermath.It is the support of these two countrys which has allowed America to build its strength and powerbase.These two supporting countrys have combined friends that overwhelm America on every level,and the borders speak volumes.We all WANT the REAL AMERICA TO LEAD US.We WILL NOT ACCEPT a coup de tat influence ----we need to see the excorcism of these demons because the time when we will require this level of North American leadership is already upon us.I repeat,we WANT the TRUE AMERICA to lead us into the future as a continent,and we will settle for no less.

You want to galvanise NORTH AMERICA??Give us something to trust again and you have our support 100%--change nothing and we want distance from the trainwreck that will surely be coming.
edit on 5-1-2013 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by nixie_nox

Teaching them charity is good but unless they experience
it first hand they are only going to pretend to know what its
like.

naturally you want better for them than you had, but unless they
know first hand what it's like to be without, its only going to be a
feel good gesture to self gratify when they give to charity.

i couldn't...
have said it better myself..and only to add is..

are they being taught to sacrifice out of their need or out of abundance?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
it all depends on your source

I've lived near NYC my whole life. some things are better, some worse

I feel blessed every day to live here

it's all perspective

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

interesting.. and noted..

Hollywood makes a great movie of this nature, however, it'll take A HELLVA LOT more than the guts of one American to pull it off..it will take ALL of Americans to bring America back to the light;

and the movie I'm talking about is NOT Batman..

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Ha ha ha,yes right,dont forget we kicked your arses once and but good,dont even ask for more,America isnt ready for a piece of Canada yet,maybe another hundred years or so,ha ha ha,but right now it would just be back to the sore arse motel for the good olde USofA if they so much as twitch in a Northerly direction.

We have so many American nukes on Canadian soil right now that if we got a hankerin we could pretty well take you right now,ha ha aha.A lot quicker and cleaner than any other country on the planet I might add.I doubt to many of your missiles are targeted at Canada.Come to think of it,I wonder if the world might just let that one slide if Canada needed a mulligan after expanding South that way??Do you think the world might forgive the Canuks for snapping out just one time??Ha ha ha ha.

America is like the rambunctious boy down the block who isnt really a bully,they just like to try everything once,but as soon as they get a broken nose they dont want to play anymore.And then they come back nice and behaved and turn out to be your best friend,their nose may be a bit crooked from the old fashioned lesson,but their loyalty is unquestionable.They just need a good friend to police them ,because who else can they listen to??They need a friend they can trust.Good thing they have Canada and Mexico eh senor??

After the Alamo and the war of 1812 america made friends,a few arse kickings and they grew up.I guess it speaks volumes about both Canada and Mexico now doesnt it??We cant be that politiclly correct and laid back with a record like that now can we??Maybe we are as bad Arse as the Americans but we are in denial??

The sooner we can bring our continent together the better,the sooner we see a council of six ,two from each country working together to lead our continent the better.

Most of the world misunderstands America,we love her like the sister she is to us.

You mess with the USA and you mess with Maple Leaf and the GWR-Green,White and Red-- welcome to our world.

The sooner we have just a single coastal border,the sooner we can ensure the safety and integrity of our continent.

A Red-Blue-Green Flag looks good to me.With two Eagles clutching a Maple leaf also looks good to me.

The right to have and bear arms,along with a siesta every day along with,an international marketplace to shop in sounds just about right.

Cuba would probably jump in as well.There is no Russia stopping them anymore,the climate is right.

Its time to get with the global program and shock the world.

The days of Military expansion are over globally,permanently.But expansion will continue through conglomeration of continents and soon after the globe or planet.

The sooner we get on track the better for everyone.Setting the example is always the right thing to do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join