It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dear American Friends, what is wrong with the USA?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Nobody else got the joke.. nobody understood that the twofold nature of the question, as if to ask you again so what's wrong with it as if to remind you that there's nothing wrong, just a lot of work to do in clearing away ignorance, and paving the way for a brighter tomorrow, maybe even a "new age"..

So, I'll have to be the first one then to stand at attention, with my hand over my heart and hum (don't know like ALL the words) the US National Anthem, in honoring the American Flag, and since there's no real difference between Canada and the US according to most of you, I'm sure you don't mind me "crossing the border".

Best Regards,

NAM
January 5th, 2013, Vancouver Canada, North America, Earth. (at least that's what I've been told).

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
We (the remnant) tried and came damn close...remember Iowa?

Don't worry, we won't stop like the founding fathers didn't stop.

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
Samuel Adams

Will America fall like the Roman Empire did before such change occurs?

I hope so...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think it is your media reporting on most things that happen in the U.S even superseding your own news. And thi seems to be a trend i am seeing in sooo many countries. Or am i wrong?

ETA: Which incidentally works out great for your politicians.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Friend,

There are a number of reasons

Let's start with Education. The Government has taken over control of Education and stop teaching years ago. They now only teach to the questions on the test. Critical thinking has been taken out of school.

Government has many fingers in the pot. How about parenting. It is now illegal to correct your child in public. That is why the youth in America are so unruly.

Video Games, the killing video games like "Call of Duty" are for adults and are given to children younger than 8.

Corrupt politicians, corrupt Courts, Corrupt Presidents, corrupt Congress and Propaganda media have all added to the soon to be destruction of America.

Failure of this government to control our borders. Allowing illegals to vote for President.

In short this is your answer. The only thing we can do is keep well armed and have plans to take care of friends and family for when America collapses.

Sorry for the answer, but the truth hurts.
edit on 5-1-2013 by sandmannc40 because: left some important things

edit on 5-1-2013 by sandmannc40 because: Same

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Just remember, that the title of this thread

My Dear American Friends, what is wrong with the USA?

..can also be read in a rhetorical sarcastic playful exclamatory (just add an exclamation mark to the question mark).

Here it is (the lyrics)

(ahem)

The Star Spangled Banner Lyrics
By Francis Scott Key 1814

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

...deafening roar of the pre-game crowd in the football stadium (Colosseum?) at the end of the first part anyway, the rest cut off with a kickoff for a meaningless contest.

Whereas I, even as a Canadian, really put my heart and soul into it - someone's got to, because the USA is still a great nation whose best days may still be yet to come for those who believe with optimistic faith as I do.

Believe in yourself and believe in what's possible again, and come to power and work to create the new culture, even at the twilight's last gleaming and the new dawn's early light (where it's always darkest before the dawn).

God Bless You,

NAM

edit on 5-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

I think it is your media reporting on most things that happen in the U.S even superseding your own news. And thi seems to be a trend i am seeing in sooo many countries. Or am i wrong?

ETA: Which incidentally works out great for your politicians.
Hi my name's Rob and I'm a recovered CNN addict.

We pay attention, we don't have to, but a lot of us do, and I've learned quite a bit, and feel much more acquainted with American politics than Canadian.

But the whole media, particularly in the US and to a large degree in Canada as well is out to lunch and way behind the times imho.

It's like two worlds, one long dead, or at best dead and dying, and another bright and new - like I said before it's all up in the air because it's totally out of control, and the media can't spin because they don't have the first clue to begin with, obviously.

So whoever creates the next wave of culture they're the one's creating the new world filled with novelty and creativity, maybe even something both worthwhile, and fun. Here's hoping...

As far as I can tell, the cynical view is mired in absurdity, in the final analysis, and the optimistic and enthusiastic one the only reasonable and logical one to take, while still keeping one's eyes open as a realist.

edit on 5-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here's the last thing that I'll say and can say really.

What I'm asking of you to consider in this thread, is doubling challenging in more ways than one, because on the one hand I'm suggesting that you might want to re-evaluate the meaning of what it means to be an American citizen as an active historical participant, and restoke your pride and determination, as an American, and on the other because,

“Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity. ''Patriotism'' is its cult. It should hardly be necessary to say, that by ''patriotism'' I mean that attitude which puts the own nation above humanity, above the principles of truth and justice; not the loving interest in one's own nation, which is the concern with the nation's spiritual as much as with its material welfare /never with its power over other nations. Just as love for one individual which excludes the love for others is not love, love for one's country which is not part of one's love for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship.”

~ Erich Fromm

So it requires more than mere sentimentality, but something else, something much more profound and fundamental, which reminds me very much of the Parable of the Lamp or the light hidden under a bushel basket.

Bring your lights out my American friends, no matter how dark it gets, even a candle can light up a whole swath of darkness, because you are that light, and I have faith in YOU.

A nation, like a company, is nothing without it's people, and you're those people, you are America don't you see, and its future.

So for God's sake, and for the sake of what's reasonable, and logical, don't give up, not yet.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I was not singling out Canada so i dont want to give that impression and even countries the U.S has good relations with perhaps they dont see it themselves but i seen this ploy used by dictators and it actually works for them. They can work the masses up in a real lather.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

What ploy? Can you elaborate? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Will America fall like the Roman Empire did before such change occurs?

I hope so...

Is that really what you want, rioting in the streets.. the government in a crackdown, the states impoverished, the people oppressed with violence, chaos, anarchy?

Instead, how 'bout a quiet revolution where "we" just boil "them" like frogs in the collective waters and the "foam" of our rising civil conscious awareness, and PUSH on the fulcrum until the entire pyramid inverts in favor of the little guy, average American Joe who was abandoned by big time corporate and other "special" interests, I mean like isn't all the data already in? And if it's all up in the air, and "out of control", if nobody's really "at the wheel" then how much of a push could it take - and I'm not talking pushing against some force of evil and thus empowering it, like Alex Jones on a rant, no I'm talking about what we push for, by comparison, and in that crux finding the fulcrum of historical transformation, while also improving our own lives and those of others around us in the process ie: having fun, being creative, charting a course to something better at all levels, both as a bottom up, and, as a top-down evolutionary phenomenon of change and transformation, because the other pyramid when it inverted immediately sank into the abyss for the absurd and irrational position or "status quo" that it was, pulled down by it's own hubris, while the real America is reborn, based on what we think, and feel and create, at all levels.

It's simply a matter of coming to power, which like the ancient Hindu Brahmas originates in the heart as a first/last cause transforming every facet of civilized social thinking and conduct, and in so doing changing the world one person at a time, starting with ourselves.

For those wondering about a solution, I encourage you again to watch this video "An Idea Whose Time Has Come"

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
...I'm not going to try to "diagnose" the fundamental underlying nature of the problem, and truly only an American citizen is entitled to do that, what is it for me to say, or even for that matter the entire watching and somewhat horrified world..

But.. isn't that exactly what you're doing with your whole post, "diagnosing"? And since you espouse "Jesus Christs Superderterministic Cosmological Magnum Opus", isn't it in your best interest to paint a picture of a doomed America? After all, if America is doomed, being as powerful as it is, then the whole world is doomed and therefore Christ will come and save all those who can untwist the meaning of "superderterministic" (sic)....

Please, Canada, do not pretend to know America, our geography may be linked but our histories are not.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I now live in Japan. There is a killing or serial killer all the time. The USA news just wants to sensationalize it unlike the news here never gets on the world news. Trust me it's all the time here (Kobe old lady found to of have buried many people 2012) , if not a guns then ts knives.

America news loves to show all the USA news to the world for fun.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

reply to post by tgidkp

From what I've come to understand of it, integrity is promise keeping or oath keeping where you do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it (although I did get that definition from a somewhat unusual slightly cultish seminar program called "Landmark Forum"), but it "groks". Integrity is an action word therefore that defines character, not by "who you are" or who you think you are, but simply by what you say you're going to do and then actually do, thus to build integrity at least as a starting point, it's always best to under promise and over deliver! Integrity is like a snowball effect, where action is carried out based on conviction, based on what touches moves and inspires us in the domain of possibility (more Landmark-speak). Word-wise, the OP I think is a fine example of integrity, but because I'm not an American, it only carries with it a degree of integrity if it inspired you, or moved you as an American citizen to take another look at the problem from a whole new perspective, and then move out in some new way shape or form. Inspired leadership is integrity, and character and identity flow from every promise kept, both in terms of what to do and what not to do. But do we not know now in hindsight based on all the data what not to do AND thus to a large degree what to do..? Think it through, there really is a "fulcrum" and turning point of leverage freely available and all everyone needs to do, both individually and collectively is to give it a strong push in a certain direction and then there we are realizing a newfound integrity as a point of historical transformation.

This all sounds good....sort of like hope and change. But you need to put down the nuts and bolts behind these ideas. At the point above its just a bunch of "ideas" employed for rhetorical effect. Not for me mind you but for the others. I can see what a steaming hot pile this is. But please, try to mold this play dough into something that looks like a useable form.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755
It's very simple.

The lawyer class has taken over the government.

They are smarter than the average American who they convince to keep voting them back in office.

They use a proven tactic, an "us vs. them" strategy by demonizing the opposing side, creating fear of the unknown.

They provide just enough freedom, services, and comfort that most people are content to irrationally support their "team" during elections, and then go back to watch television shows and sports to occupy their time.

Quite right. It also makes a difference if you're talking about the dejure government or the defacto government/corporation that is governing you. Did you know that lawyers have a secret oath to support the US bankruptcy of 1933? It supercedes their oath of office to uphold and support the Constitution of Corp us. Which is a different constitution than the organic one we started with. They are not there for you, that's for sure. Lawyers are under the control of the Lawyers Guild of Great Britain. Happy Independence Day!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

reply to post by tgidkp

From what I've come to understand of it, integrity is promise keeping or oath keeping where you do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it (although I did get that definition from a somewhat unusual slightly cultish seminar program called "Landmark Forum"), but it "groks". Integrity is an action word therefore that defines character, not by "who you are" or who you think you are, but simply by what you say you're going to do and then actually do, thus to build integrity at least as a starting point, it's always best to under promise and over deliver! Integrity is like a snowball effect, where action is carried out based on conviction, based on what touches moves and inspires us in the domain of possibility (more Landmark-speak). Word-wise, the OP I think is a fine example of integrity, but because I'm not an American, it only carries with it a degree of integrity if it inspired you, or moved you as an American citizen to take another look at the problem from a whole new perspective, and then move out in some new way shape or form. Inspired leadership is integrity, and character and identity flow from every promise kept, both in terms of what to do and what not to do. But do we not know now in hindsight based on all the data what not to do AND thus to a large degree what to do..? Think it through, there really is a "fulcrum" and turning point of leverage freely available and all everyone needs to do, both individually and collectively is to give it a strong push in a certain direction and then there we are realizing a newfound integrity as a point of historical transformation.

This all sounds good....sort of like hope and change. But you need to put down the nuts and bolts behind these ideas. At the point above its just a bunch of "ideas" employed for rhetorical effect. Not for me mind you but for the others. I can see what a steaming hot pile this is. But please, try to mold this play dough into something that looks like a useable form.

Here is what I offered up in alignment with that definition of integrity

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I poured through this thread and found maybe three of four "sparks" of yes, hope and optimism, even if only as a mere possibility.

I am saddened however the degree to which most Americans feel that they have no effect whatsoever and are absolutely powerless ie: who've given away their power as American citizens to the top portion of the pyramid ie: to the Wizard of Oz who's pulling on levers but doesn't even really know what he's doing, all sound and fury but like a fool signifying nothing. Isn't that what the greedy "elite" would want? And, based on my analysis (that cynicism is mired in absurdity), isn't the rantings of the likes of Alex Jones not the very means by which their "power" is being solidified by generating nothing but apathy and cynicism among the people?

I am surprised also that no one rose to the challenge to stand up and talk about what's not wrong with the USA.

I can see that you've really been beaten down big time my American friends, and that's really sad and unfortunate, especially when you've been so downtrodden that there's nothing that can "optimize" you and inspire you to stand up again and be counted.

I recognize that this is ATS, a conspiracy website with a certain leaning, but of all people you're the ones who are the most informed, and if you've given up, well, then where are we?

I picked out the only posts I could find from this thread which give me SOME hope, however small, that a new and better USA is possible, since a country isn't just it's land, but it's people.

Working on things brother. Thanks for the pep talk

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

I am an american and I endorse this message, Eh.

Thank you OP. Very well thought out. Good read too. Hopefully we are still WILLING to change or rather, go back to basics as I see it. I fear many have just given up hope and have bought into the illusion of "absolute power" by our corrupt leaders.

It is the freaking wizard of OZ.

Have a good one OP.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15
Agree with this thread. The people run the government, not the government running the people.

There is a saying that when you commiserate with your neighbor - if he is kind hearted, he will thank you, but if he is hard hearted, he will scorn you.

Thanks then for your participation in this thread all of you (most of you anyway), and a special thanks to those among you, however few, who really "got" what I was driving at and asking you to consider. Maybe all hope is not lost.. ?

Best Regards,

NAM
January 6th, 2013. Vancouver Canada, North America, Earth.

edit on 6-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Are you a RUSH fan? LOL! New Age Man...New World Man? LOL!

Canada and the United States are VERY close. Closer than just about any other two countries. Both Canada and the U.S. is home to relatives of families that have members in one or the other country just as I have.

The U.S./Canadian boarder is the longest unprotected boarder in the World. If Canada were to be attacked in any way it KNOWS the U.S. would have it's back and their would be no debate and no hesitation. We would simply do whatever it took to help keep Canada safe.

Some Canadian leaders have spoken differently as far as Canada helping to protect the U.S. but I am certain that Canada would come aid the U.S. should anything happen. When such Canadian Leaders speak this way it makes the people who have relatives in either country get testy.

With the possible exception of Quebec...driving around Canada is very much the same as driving around the U.S. The people seem the same...the land is very similar...both countries have professional sports teams in the same leagues such as the NHL, NBA and MLB with the soon coming of an NFL team. Families are very difficult to compare any differences between either nation and when I am in Canada...it feels like...Home.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Are you a RUSH fan? LOL! New Age Man...New World Man? LOL!

Yes, I am.

It describes me very well, those guy must be prophets (written on the studio wall)!

Here's another good one describing much the same thing..!

My family (mother) used to be friends with the poetic lyrics song writer for a band called Max Webster who used to tour with Rush in the early days. He wrote the lyrics for Rush' song "Tom Sawyer". (that's my claim to fame I suppose).

edit on 16-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Ahhh...You are talking to a Touring Musician as I have just come off a short tour around Christmas and will be back at it in a few weeks.

I have opened up for Rush and I have met the Band Members and in particular I enjoyed a crazy Rush/My Band plus Crazy Wiccan Rush Fans who seem to have gotten the wrong idea about the 2112 Album Cover...after concert party on the Moving Pictures Tour.

I am one of the first people besides Lee, Lifeson and Peart to have heard Subdivisions and New World Man...p.s...that song was originally WAY LONGER...LOL! They even played those songs at the end of the North American Tour during Moving Pictures and played almost the whole new albums songs at the Brenden Byrne Arena in the Meadow Lands New Jersey which is next to Giants Stadium.

Those guy's are REALLY FUNNY! and I was always treated nicely and we had some good talks as the big thing for them at the time was Canadian Pride in Baseball Teams in Canada as well as they went nuts and attended a Space Shuttle Launch because of the Canadian Built and labeled Robotic Arm in the Shuttles Cargo Bay.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

OMG that's so cool!

By their lyrics they seem to me to be modern day philosophers.

When I was in grade 10 (I'm 46 now) my English teacher had us dissecting Rush songs, starting with Subdivisions.

Did you ever run into Kim Mitchell, and Max Webster (the band)?

The guys from Rush are from Newmarket Ontario, about 25 minutes down the highway from where I grew up around Barrie.

In your talks with them did you ever talk about deep stuff, like that reflected in their songs?

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I have opened up for Rush and I have met the Band Members and in particular I enjoyed a crazy Rush/My Band plus Crazy Wiccan Rush Fans who seem to have gotten the wrong idea about the 2112 Album Cover...

Now THAT's pretty darn funny in and of itself. Wiccan Rush fans due to the 2112 Album Cover..!

For them! (and I'm a Christian! lol)

I LOVED that Album used to listen to it all the time, thought it was really freaky.

Rush are like the supreme technicians of Rock music. They SHOULD have been indoctrinated into the Rock and Roll hall of fame, but they were just too quixotic to make it in. (hey that was a good word eh I must have my muse with me).

Best Regards, from Vancouver eh..

NAM

P.S. And the meek shall inherit the earth.

edit on 16-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join