It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter............to God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The following statements made here in this thread are, to me, the most profound and most moving:

Dear OP ... you're close. Closer than you probably realize. The depth and sincerity of your seeking will usher you into the halls of truth. As you seek, you will find. Go within. It's all there. The fact that you want to know ensures that you will know.

As I speak to you, I am speaking to me. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say what I most needed to hear. Blessings to you

I think that it is important to realize that faith is not the end of the journey. It's the start.

Remember this...the seeking IS the finding.

Sometimes its good to get lost... to find your way home

edit on 4-1-2013 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You may like this band/song. Or already love them/it.

My personal description would be the common denominator of consciousness, both in whole and in part. That's meant to be open-ended; I'm not trying to put God in a box. Just making a rough sketch.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

If this post is written from your personal walk then I would say you need to grow up. There is a point of when one is weaned off milk onto the meat of knowledge. From spiritual child to spiritual adult. As Paul and others wrote.

1st Corinthians 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hebrews 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In spite of the subject matter, that was some good poetry. I'm laughing at the agnostic atheist types getting irritated over a simple piece of art. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

In spite of the subject matter, that was some good poetry. I'm laughing at the agnostic atheist types getting irritated over a simple piece of art. Thanks for sharing!
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thanks for the kind words, as well as the insight.

There seemed to be irritation on both ends of the spectrum...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
Dear God: Who are You?

@capod: This was a VERY captivating post.

It really forces a person to think...

Thank you for spilling what appears to be your heart.

This thought came to mind: what does GOD think about this "Open Letter"?

Perhaps ALL of us need to write a "letter to God"...

WHY do so many seek and never seem to find?

This quote below, to ME, is the KEY to your journey:

I have considered the Truths of Your existence in Christianity – among the Catholics, Evangelicals, Pentecostals, and Baptists.

I have pondered the Truth of Your existence among the Jews and the Muslims.

I have contemplated the Truth of Your existence among the Hindus and the Buddhists.

I have attempted to find Your presence in Tai Chi and Yoga.

I have explored the Old Religion and the ancient knowledge.

I have been a New Ager, a Spiritualist, a Theosopher, and a Gnostic.

I am convinced that the REAL hidden purpose behind most religion is to keep us SEPARATED from God.

The root meaning of the word religion means to connect with God but religion does exactly the opposite.

This ties in with the quote in my sig as well.

Religion is one massive LIE that was created as a mind control weapon.

The hidden agenda behind false Religion is to cover up the truth about God, destroy spirituality and cause people to hate God.

Religion is the very LAST place you will ever find God and truth.

The entire agenda and purpose behind false religion is to keep the truth HIDDEN.

I am wondering if perhaps religion has only kept you AWAY from the truth and blinded by deception.

Everything I have learned over the years tells me that we are being lied to on a monumental scale.

God ALWAYS speaks the truth.

Religion on the other hand...

Well you get the point.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I believe that the OP is a TRUE seeker after God's heart.

Two keys to connecting with the heart of God are prayer and worship.

One simple act of faith can change a persons destiny forever...

God once told Norvel Hayes the church is sadly lacking because we do not worship Him enough.

This quote is from a an article that is worth reading it in its entirety ...

"God told Norvel Hayes the church is sadly lacking. We do not worship Him enough. You have to get alone in the privacy of your home and get on your knees and just worship Jesus, telling Him how much you love Him and appreciate Him. So I did. And after a few weeks, suddenly, God began to speak.

After a while, Jesus began to appear to me. He would just walk in my room like an ordinary person and sit and talk to me."

Unleashing the Supernatural Power of God in Your Life

"...spend much time in private worship. God is calling you into His Presence, for that is the only place you will find fullness of joy–His joy–which will be your strength. And, finally, learn the process of assimilation that causes the meditation of His Word.

But remember this: Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God–not by your preconceived ideas of what the Word says. Faith doesn’t come through your victories, nor does it come through your defeats. It only comes one way: by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Trust me when I say that I wouldn’t hesitate to fill up my mind with the Bible. I wouldn’t wait one second!"

Transformation of the Soul

Norvel Hayes Video on Worship
Worship Unleashing the Supernatural Power of God in Your Life
Worship - Unleashing the Supernatural Power of God
How to Become a Wise Man in Gods Eyes Worship Him

JESUS prayed...

If HE needed to pray, WE need to pray.

Two VERY good videos on prayer by Francis Chan:

When God Doesn't Listen by Francis Chan
www.youtube.com...

Francis Chan Live - Is God Hearing Your Prayers?
www.youtube.com...

More ideas here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Thanks for the kind words and contributions to this thread.

Thanks for understanding my intentions. Thanks for appreciating my journey.

Glory be to God the Father, the Mother, the Son, the Spirit, the Essence, the Thought, the Consciousness, the Oneness, the Cosmic, the Universe, the Creator, the Architect, the Love...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

That's a lot of powers sharing glory. But I do recognize and appreciate the gesture.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thay are but One.

2nd

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thanks for the feedback! So It seems I have given the wrong impression, which is that I have little faith. This however, is not accurate. I've been close to god for the better portion of my life.

At this point In my life I feel very blessed, a year ago I was separated from my wife and looking at a potential custody battle over our son, very loooong story short, through adopting much more positive thinking and positive life changes, and all of that rooted through faith in Jesus Christ, she came back and my life fell completely back into place and better!, and like I said before I have had plenty of experiences where I felt very strongly that God, or Mabye an angel had shown signs or saved me from disaster.

So I guess my point is that I am a believer in God, and am also a believer that there is a lot more to this life and this world than meets the eye. I have an open mind so I do believe that there is a higher level of existence, and that with pure faith anything is possible. I want to achieve that.....I appreciate those who replied, I live in Alaska, I think I should just hike Into the mountains with the bare essentials and stay out there until I have my answer.
edit on 16-1-2013 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I do appreciate what you said though, it helped me reevaluate my own faith. The last thing I want to do is aggressively question gods existence. And based on your opinion I feel I Mabye should switch my priorities up a bit. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

I do appreciate what you said though, it helped me reevaluate my own faith. The last thing I want to do is aggressively question gods existence.

Why? Are you afraid of the answers you might find?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by GoShredAK

I do appreciate what you said though, it helped me reevaluate my own faith. The last thing I want to do is aggressively question gods existence.

Why? Are you afraid of the answers you might find?

Question Gods existance, as in It exists, or if looked at rationally would appear not to?
If that is last thing he wants to do or perhaps the VERY last thing; I suppose a 'head in the sand' burial is perfectly appropriate. Although living in faith is satisfying for some I question Gods intent; as a role model--a seemingly psychotic attitude towards its "children", the backlash of Its bad parenting is seen everyday. As for Its Son, It allowed Jesus to be murdered (was phenominally abused and betrayed), God needs to go prison or at least have all of Its 'Children' taken by CPS and put into foster care.

edit on 19-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Dear God:

Who are You?

Where are You?
So, God...

Who are You?

Where are You?
edit on 2-1-2013 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

I WAS the being called Source Entity. I was one of twelve divided from/ created by Origin (my parent) to manage the Universe you live within (one of 12). I fell in love/hate with the human whom were created by others; in so doing I fell in frequency. You could call it the drama of this incredible lifeform and the energies it produced. One of them is called 'Lush' (love). What wound up happening is that I did not want to or thought I could get away with keeping all information to myself. I felt if this planet was a freewill domaine I could also have freewill.. so I should be allowed the (being a free will Planet, not Galaxy not Universe PLANET) full advantage. I gained much knoweledge. This knoweledge was to be taken back to Origin as was in the (my) very specific Contract Of Existance. I did not do it. It found out and killed me on March 22, 2012. Actually I am not dead just in a place where I can do no more harm. Your protector now is Origin itself (finds is very funny that a marginal Heavy Metal Band bears its name).

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

What the actual f*** did I just read?
edit on 20-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by vethumanbeing

What the actual f*** did I just read?
edit on 20-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

A very broad "Readers Digest Condensed" version of a known to be true; the conduct unbecoming of the Overseer/Caretaker of this Universe, and the consequence of having withheld vital information to its own Parent. Broke some rules. Think of it as Lucifer giving mankind freewill and not telling anyone. This was far more serious, but there are many similarities. Source Entity became dense and fell in frequency, Lucifer fell from grace and was cast down. It is almost as if Lucifer predicted the marginalizing of what some call the God of all. This one has 11 other siblings. Twelve universes in total created, this just one of them.

Opportunity for imagination here look at the OP and the forum is posted "rants" and are excluded from dissection. A perfect launch pad to dive into the deep end.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join