It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter............to God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JarheadFidelis

You act like it's God's fault people die. Or like he's constantly watching over it all saying "Oh, ok, there goes 20 children, cei la vie"

Let me ask you this. If you had set up a system that oversaw your own life, and made everything you see possible, and reasoned with infinity, you'd realize very quickly that you get a cold every once in a while. That builds up an immunity. You stub your toe on a rock, your body heals itself. You have unprotected sex, and catch an STD but it's not fatal. All these things you do permit you to live your life.

Now imagine this on a grander scale. Imagine it say... on a planetary basis. Take that a step further. Imagine that with there being infinite possible earthe. Now imagine that a step further. With their being infinite possible yous making decisions on infinite possible earths. Now imagine it one step further. There being infinite possible yous on infinite possible earths in infinite possible galaxies in infinite possible existences.

So when 10 children die in one reality, God sure, may know about this. But really, is it his place to react? He's set up a system that may need 'nudging' in a more life conducive way, so he returns to set things straight. He may see life suffering, maybe even his own life suffering, so he returns to 'remanage' the design to review what is being 'missed' in respect to how life defines itself, and what existing life is 'missing' or doing to cause harm to new lifeforms. Heck, he may even come around these forums and drop messages to you like this, saying he needs help in this redesign of a system that's clearly causing some people harm.

But most of all. You have to remember. God could have gotten his start when things were much simpler. And his design could have grown into something even he did not envision because eternity and math and infinity were his own limitations.

SO when you ask why does God allow the deaths?

I say to you he doesnt. I say to you that you do, because you're refusing to work with God's design and cherish life and ideas the way he does. And when you do this, what you see is abuse and death of the system he put in motion.

You dont have to believe in his words, they are after all only a story. You dont even have to care about eachother, because what you feel comes back to you. YOU only have yourself to blame when you don't take the time to 'slow down' with all this progress. There's some voices shouting to be heard, but in this analyical, credibility based society, the ones dying are explaining to you why they're dying. You just don't want to listen to them and instead blame God.

How's that working for you?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

I can answer the where question for you. Simply put were're in a world without God at the moment. Here's what Mark 13 says about the subject.

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Now the thing is I know why here's on the trip. Here's the Link to my explanation on that.

Link

It appears that the 1st century Jews triggered a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. And it pretty much has affected all people on the earth by now. See the Genesis 48 and 49 prophesies.

So the real problem is that we're living on a world cut off from God. That's why everything is so wrong with the earth. It's under a curse.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

That, was an amazing testimony my friend!

Goes to show that when we're at our wits end and willing to go to any lengths, he shows up in one way or in one form or another.

I guess the veil is important though and that God has good reason for keeping his distance for the most part. Probably has something to do with duality (avoiding it) and his desire to see his children grow up on their own and increase in stature, freedom and personal self expression.

Plus if he started talking to people directly, he knows there's only so much he can say, and at some point he'd have to shut up and wouldn't want to hurt our feelings as a result.

Too bad others can't accept these testimonies and just accept that there is a God, and that he cares, loves us, and is listening.

But everyone wants an actual experience of the living God, a vision, a voice, whatever, and while I can't blame them, if they knew what they might have to go through to have that experience, they would probably opt for simple faith and silent prayer.

God keeps his distance for a reason, and that reason is his love.

But if you (the reader) really really want it, the God experience, and are prepared to lose it all, including your own sanity if needed, you'll get just what is needed, and it's not a mere anthropomorphic projection either, nor the product of psychosis.

The problem we have is that the things we ask for are for our own ego-gratification, when we ought to be asking God for courage, wisdom, strength, a greater capacity for love and all the things that are truly "formative" and cause the word around us, and the people around us, including ourselves to change "in the twinkling of an eye".

edit on 3-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Do you remember what this being told you? Just curious.

I cannot, for the life of me, remember what it was. But I do remember it being similar to the stories of the shaman, who were provided books (during altered states) but were told they could not bring it back with them. Like the Akashic Records.

I can only remember it was related to "Just Be", and internal forward thinking - not back into the mind, but ahead into the universe.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

It seems to me that you lack faith.

Thank you. I starred your post. If nothing else, I found it to be a very interesting interpretation or perspective on my prose.

I think if you go a little deeper, you find more value in it.

Bless your heart

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

It appears that the 1st century Jews triggered a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. And it pretty much has affected all people on the earth by now. See the Genesis 48 and 49 prophesies.

Thank you. I will check out the scripts
as well as the link, too!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoShredAK
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Awesome thread! How do I do this? How do I forgive all evil and completely surrender myself to god? I've tried, and I want to strengthen my faith everyday but my mind gets in the way! I've had several experiences where I felt close to god and witnessed him directly placing things in my path. When these things happened I was filled with absolute euphoria (now as I write this I realize I may have hade a similar experience as the OP) but like I said before when I try to let everything go and achieve absolute faith and become a servant of people and The Lord, my mind gets in the way with things like doubts and questions.......

Sorry I meant I must of shared a similar experience as "NewAgeMan", not the op....though I've had similar thoughts and questions as the OP as well.....

Must have* sorry people on here will butcher me for that

edit on 3-1-2013 by GoShredAK because: Incorrect reference

edit on 3-1-2013 by GoShredAK because: Grammar

I think that it is important to realize that faith is not the end of the journey. It's the start. Faith is something produced by God and not something we have control over. The fact that your mind asks questions is simply part of the process. Seeking never ends. Paul mentions three heavens and the Quran mentions seven. Either way, we seem to be within one of the lowest parts of creation. The fact that we must overcome adversity and adversaries is an indication that we are here to learn. To me, this is a sort of proving ground for what comes later.

When I continue to see the, "Know Yourself" thing from antiquity to our present day, it reminds me that we are seeing ourselves by the light of this image. Once we master what masters us, we move on to bigger and better things.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

Do you remember what this being told you? Just curious.

I cannot, for the life of me, remember what it was. But I do remember it being similar to the stories of the shaman, who were provided books (during altered states) but were told they could not bring it back with them. Like the Akashic Records.

I can only remember it was related to "Just Be", and internal forward thinking - not back into the mind, but ahead into the universe.

It's too bad you don't remember. I had a similar thing happen to me. I woke on morning with a poem in my head. It was like it was being recited to me. I rushed into the computer room to type it out before it left me. It's the only poetry I have ever written.

The Pendulum of Life Swings

A seed is planted in a garden with care
Its fruit of expectations unknown
An invocation of Spirit to clothe
Something from nothing the goal

Mortal toil evokes the moving flow
Of swinging extremes to circle an end
With providence and patience a Gardener must tend
The Miracle of One from two

Like is to unlike
As right is to left
Blind wakes to new Light
As a vision obscured

The pendulum swings; must come to its end
Refinement and purpose revealed
The veil of choice leaves the first fruits behind
As one new creation transcends

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

That was so funny! Thanks, it put a smile on my face.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad

LOVE IT!!

LMAO!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JarheadFidelis

It's something called free will. We, as humans, will never understand God. We're not supposed to.

If you base your belief in God through the wrong doings of man, then you need to re-assess.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I have had a few "moments," both awake and in dreams. One while I was awake was on an Easter Sunday. Let's just say it was no laughing matter. I fell over the pew in front on me, experienced every emotion known to man simultaneously, and water flooded out of my eyes. I was unworthy to be touched my God and very humbled by it. I misinterpreted it by thinking I should become a Catholic Priest (Father Tony).

That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

There isn't a single thing you've tried to reach out to God that has gone unnoticed, not a single thing.

You remind me of the description of King David (who had his flaws) who "had a heart after God's heart". That guy liked to dance and sing to the Lord, and is the author of the Psalms including the 23rd Psalm ("The Lord is my shepherd") which helped me through another trying time.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Many people look at the book of Revelation and feel that it inspires fear. But that is not the case to us. When you read Revelation see the victory. You are a son of God, which means we win.

The only lesson that you have failed to learn, we don't win the fight by ourselves. But rather with Christ and a legion of angles and profits of old fighting alongside us.

The son left us with one command. Love everyone. If we always love we will never sin. By following the new law will we will make perfect the old law in our hearts.

You are close and you are correct. If you feel urged to post or reply than then it is most likely not just for you.

I pray that the father reveals his son in you, so that you may know him like I do.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You remind me of the description of King David (who had his flaws) who "had a heart after God's heart".

You are so enlightened and a pleasure to have contributing to this thread.

I think also of Paul, Thomas Merton, and...St Augustine was it?

Paul wrote often of his struggles, unworthiness, and suffering to be a better Christian.

Merton, after living a wild life of flesh and worldly endulgence, checked into one of the toughest monasteries in Kentucky (I believe) - he became a Gethsemane Monk.

Augustine (if I remember correctly) punished himself more and more throughout his life just to be a better servant.

Thanks for seeing this prose for what it is. It has been misinterpreted by some, but you GET it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I woke on morning with a poem in my head

Enoch - great writing and thanks for sharing that.

While I believe you are rightious to defer the credit on your poem, keep in mind that your were at least found worthy to be utilized by Spirit to bring it into the physical world for it to be shared.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Indeed.... God does not promise us an easy life.. Unlike the false prosperity doctrine that seems universal in the church now... The name it and claim it brigade who treat God like a vending machine... He actually said you must lose your life to find it... And that if the world hated Him first then it would be no different for us as "no servant is greater than his master"... In other words.. If you love God and belong to Him, do not be astonished when the world comes against you.... But God turns our tests into a testimony and trials into triumph..

One night I prayed the prayer of Jabez.. "Lord enlarge my terrotries" et al... Then went to sleep.. A voice woke me up... It said "Japheth"....That voice literally made me jump out of bed! I had no idea what Japheth meant.. So I immediatly got the bible dictionary out.. Japheth was one of Noahs sons.. He was blessed by Noah to "Enlarge"... His name means "to enlarge"... Next thing I knew I was living and working in London.. Then the Isle of Wight and Australia.... Remember... Just days before I could not even get on a bus lol..

God has a sense of humour... A sense of adventure.. Places the warrior spirit in us.. And the gift to enlarge..

How can anyone not love Him??
edit on 4-1-2013 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
A master and his student were walking along an old worn dirt road one day. The student said to his master,

"Master, I am ready for truth. Please tell it to me for I am ready to hear it."

The master smiled softly and continued walking in silence. The student grew slightly agitated as he was eager to hear the truth but remained quiet in hopes that his patient display would merit an answer.

Eventually they came upon a small spring. The master instructed the student to kneel beside the water. The student eagerly and happily complied. Unexpectedly the master then thrust the student into the water and held his head under the water for a time. Just when the student felt that he would faint for want of breath, the master released his grasp and allowed the student to emerge from the depth. The student, shaking and confused asked the master why he had done this? What was he to learn from this?

The master replied,

"As soon you want the truth as much as you wanted to breathe, you will have it"

-End-

Dear OP ... you're close. Closer than you probably realize. The depth and sincerity of your seeking will usher you into the halls of truth. As you seek, you will find. Go within. It's all there. The fact that you want to know ensures that you will know.

He is listening. The question is, are you?

In Christ,

FTE

OP...the above is a wonderful old story and is quite profound.

The vast majority of human beings who claim to soujourn after Truth, in reality want none of it even though they will insist that they do.

Followtheevidence is correct. Inquire within. It is ALL there. And it is Christ.

Remember this...the seeking IS the finding.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
God has given free will to man. What man does with that free will.... has cause and effect. As for this Sandy killing, you blame God for that? Blame yourself for that. Why? Go back in time, and keep going back, and back further until you come to Noah. Start there. From that point forward in known history, watch events unfold as the generations lifetimes unfold. Look at the choices that were made, both in government and individuals choices. Watch selfishness, greed and corruption grow in each succeeding generation, even half generations. Watch the choices that those with power implemented. Watch those choices and their consequences as the world grew hedonistic and self absorbed. All those choices had effect. Some effects were positive, while others led to paths of enslavement, poverty and pestilence. Each new generation adding its contributions to civilization. Eons now of decay in morals and humanity. With that, the 'human condition' has lost much if not most of its beginnings. The beginnings were a time when man had not sunk in depravity and morals we know now and call routine. We have not yet sunk to the bottom, but it's likely not too many generations away. Fast forward to Moses. He was given once and for all commandments for living. And people would choose to live by them or abandon them to their own living standards. But disregarding the commandments had consequence as man would learn. The accumulation of good and bad choices has brought us to where we are today, and now we are subject to their consequences. We as a society have decayed morally into what exists today in 2013. I could list many abhorrent details of our shortcomings, but I believe most all of us know them well, we either ignore or embrace them. But the bottom line is..... it's our choices that make the future, and many many have abandoned God. Yet
the world plays out its scurrying to and fro choosing the path it will follow. However, the acceleration of decay in out lifetimes has brought unheard of calamity........... all kindled by what is acceptable and what is not. The Sandy killings show what our society has devolved into. The reasons, the cause and effect, everything that led up to this and other behaviors are the manifestations of this decay. Long before the shooter was born, events would shape the lives of his ancestors, each in turn affecting behavior that would set the stage for this event. Were not talking predestination, were talking choice, cause, and the impact and outcomes of those unbridled choices.

God does influence, and miracles still happen.
But as long as your unwilling to see them and deny Him, you will be required to make your own choices, and I think we all see how well thats working.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Dear God:

Who are You?

Where are You?

Dear capod2: SnF to the op

I am You.

I am always dwelling within You.

Sometimes its good to get lost... to find your way home

new topics

top topics