It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter............to God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

What is the secret you are it; it is your idea to realize you are. How hard is that? You are the I AM.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

You're very close the point of Liberation beyond which all possibility of predation, by any power or principality, has been removed ie: an untouchable.

The "great work" that God is performing among us is to reveal before "the watchers" that we are his children and he, our God, and whenever any one among us finally breaks free, a cheer (from the good guys) goes up in the heavens, a cheer and in some sphere of another, a groan..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'm curious.

Why does it matter who God is or is not?

Or where God is or is not?

You've been on a journey, and have done many things in your search. You've read many accounts of perspective in your path, you've considered many ideas, many facets of what it means to be you. But still ask the question who is God?

God's the story teller who asks you to tell stories to others. Stories that make us all braver, stories that make us all smarter, well rounded, better sharers, better lovers, more caring, better warriors, better fathers and mothers, better imagineers, crazier dreamers, more forgiving, better creators, better teachers, better inspirers, better psychologists, better impressionists, better robots or clones or tv personalities or birds or bees or corporations or governements, better pirates or game players or thinkers, better at failure, better at losing, better at winning. Better at seeing your name in lights or not, better at understanding your name can be used as can your identity and it's ok, things will put you through trials and tribulations, and when you wake up and realize it all...

Finally you'll see.

God's an idea. Not a set of rules to live by. God's a design of an idea that you live your life searching until you've exhausted all your searches and realize, he's never left the house. He's always around. He's you, he's me, he's your lover, your friend, your worst enemy when you need one, and your best friend when you have none.

But most of all. God is the storyteller.

And asks that you quit seeking his story out. It's out there. It will find a way of coming out for you to know.

He asks you this: Go find your story. Who are you? Now go tell your story.

Don't go to God for that. He can always be included in your story. That is, if he's a he.....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis
reply to post by capod2t

I only have one question for "God" How do you allow the death of 20 innocent children? When "God" answers that, then I'll believe in him. Until then....not so much.

Think about it, there is a saying that goes "The good dies young" and completely understanding that those 20 children dying may seem just completely unfair as it infuriated me with all i have inside me. You have to wonder exactly, Why did god let 20 of those little children lose there lives? Maybe he just wanted them home as i can assure that if there is a god then those 20 little children are angels up in heaven and living a much better life then we currently are. That goes to ask another question, with the way the world currently is, would you even want to bring a child into this? i have a 2 yr old son and it scares the crap out of me, the unknown future of this world. Maybe god did not want those children to experience none of it so he brought him home. Its a tough subject to counter cause it can go both ways but before you blame god, you must ask yourself, If there is a god then that happened for a reason. a reason we just can not understand at this moment... but soon we will, we always do.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
So, God...

Who are You?

Where are You?
edit on 2-1-2013 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

Jesus says "come, and i will make you a fisher of men,"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

As I speak to you, I am speaking to me. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say what I most needed to hear. Blessings to you.

That's profound. As I wrote this piece yesterday, it "dawned" on me to post it here. That's when I began to wonder if I was not just writing this for myself.

Thank You

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Enoch - i always enjoy and learn from reading your posts.

Thanks for contributing here.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Thank you for Posting this Thread.It was written with an understanding that I Immediately could identify with.I share the same emotions and feelings towards the "GOD" as well .. Our experiences I'm sure are different yet I share the same Enlightenment/Disillusionment as you ..a wonderful expression of the "Human Condition" on this planet as it is for SO many of us.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I've been through more than one mountain top experience and, "dark night of the soul", seeking the same thing, and at one point I felt as if I was under attack from certain "powers and principalities", but from what I've read about these types of journeys, that's the last stage which comes as a test.
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I was intrigued by this story. You should (if you haven't already) do a thread on this alone.

I have had a few "moments," both awake and in dreams. One while I was awake was on an Easter Sunday. Let's just say it was no laughing matter. I fell over the pew in front on me, experienced every emotion known to man simultaneously, and water flooded out of my eyes. I was unworthy to be touched my God and very humbled by it. I misinterpreted it by thinking I should become a Catholic Priest (Father Tony).

In a dream once, I remember meeting with an entity (spirit, angel, guide, etc) who told me the secret. The answer. The solution. I was like, "That's it? That's the whole enchelada, right there? OMG! How did I not see that before?"

So I wonder if you were laughing at how simple things are once we know the "truth."

Blessings and thank you for contributing.
edit on 3-1-2013 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2013 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

I believe your poem said it just right for many of us. Well done. I understand completely.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DjembeJedi

Our experiences I'm sure are different yet I share the same Enlightenment/Disillusionment as you ..a wonderful expression of the "Human Condition" on this planet as it is for SO many of us.

It warms my heart that you found and identified with this writing.

You are free to share it with others.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulSearching8

I believe your poem said it just right for many of us. Well done. I understand completely.

Thank you that you read it. Thanks you that you liked it. Thank you that you identified with it.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I love you man...

You are by far my favourite contributor on ATS..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Thanks for the positive feedback it means a lot to me. So much energy and trials and tribulations have gone into what I try to make available here, and it's nice to see it valued.

I love you too!

edit on 3-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
In a dream once, I remember meeting with an entity (spirit, angel, guide, etc) who told me the secret. The answer. The solution. I was like, "That's it? That's the whole enchelada, right there? OMG! How did I not see that before?"

So I wonder if you were laughing at how simple things are once we know the "truth."

Blessings and thank you for contributing.

"Love, and do as you will."
~ St. Augustine

Yes, precisely. After all the contortions and mental gymnastics, it's pretty funny to discover the absolute simplicity on the far side of complexity.

Do you remember what this being told you? Just curious..

The best thing that happened to me btw in the midst of my experience and battle with "powers and principalities" was at the end of it all, when I looked up at the sky that I imagined/perceived to be bejeweled throughout every square millimeter (which it actually is) and thought I heard, in a faint whisper, "I'm proud of you son".

I tell you it brings tears to my eyes even today looking back on my "episode", that part of it, along with another "conversation" "we" had in which I asked for certain things (mostly in regards to issues of integrity and protection of that integrity) and a promise was made.

It was quite the experience, the result of which I can imagine others, like Jesus and the prophets having had a direct and personal experience with the living God who is an actual "who" with self-awareness in my experience.

edit on 3-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Awesome thread! How do I do this? How do I forgive all evil and completely surrender myself to god? I've tried, and I want to strengthen my faith everyday but my mind gets in the way! I've had several experiences where I felt close to god and witnessed him directly placing things in my path. When these things happened I was filled with absolute euphoria (now as I write this I realize I may have hade a similar experience as the OP) but like I said before when I try to let everything go and achieve absolute faith and become a servant of people and The Lord, my mind gets in the way with things like doubts and questions.......

Sorry I meant I must of shared a similar experience as "NewAgeMan", not the op....though I've had similar thoughts and questions as the OP as well.....

Must have* sorry people on here will butcher me for that

edit on 3-1-2013 by GoShredAK because: Incorrect reference

edit on 3-1-2013 by GoShredAK because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Just remember that you have two minds, a classical mind and a holographic mind. To know God we must learn to let the first one die or at least be placed on the shelf for future use as a survival tool, and the other, to grow ever larger (via ego dissolution, radical forgiveness, etc.) until we touch the mind of God and make contact. If you're going to go through with it though, you might consider packing a bag and some toiletries for a short stay at the mental ward,
because it involves "the Hero's journey" including a desert experience, a battle with the devil, and an epiphany that is sure to blow the mind, and because what goes up, must come back down again, and after you go through an "inflationary" experience, there's the inevitable decompression. There's a bit of a runaway effect involved and the egoic mind can't keep up and kind of "pops" or fizzles, and then there's the matter of how to "cap off" and shrink the holographic "Godmind" back down to normal regular-guy human size so that we can still function in our every day human lives.

All that said I'd like to think that the experience that I've been through, and the work of Jesus himself, of course, might make things easier for others where it may be said that God is willing and ready to accept ANY approach..

The last thing I want to do is to scare anyone away from seeking to enter into a relationship with God.

edit on 3-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I will offer you my personal opinion, although you did not really ask me, and you can disregard it if you would like to. It seems to me that you lack faith. The whole point is to put belief into something that cannot be proven, thus revealing who is faithful and who is not. It seems you are questioning God very aggressively, or often, instead of praising and believing in Him, which should be high up there on the priority list. If an effort is made to love God, to praise Him and learn from those who have come before, and written of Him, I think that things may start to make more sense.

You likely have been sidetracked by many non-religious religions. Of course some of the teachings regarding the natural world and vibrations and the like are probably true, but why waste your time with these secondary sources when you could go directly to the Creator?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

OK... Here is my own experience...

It was not a dream.. To me it seemed very real.. At the time I was suffering post traumatic stress disorder.. I had also been rejected by my then wife and kids.. I was living by myself in a flat (apartment) above a shop.. I was agrophobic and suffered panic attacks even just getting on a bus.. But being alone, I had to suck it up or die of starvation because no one was going to help me, and had to help myself.. Basically I was in hell.. But I was deeply searching for God.. I even learnt Hebrew so that I could read the bible in its original context.. Which still blows me away... I kept the true sabbath.. I repent literally in sack cloth and ashes... I cried a lot.. And was at the end of my tether and asked God to take my life... Then... He showed up..

I was taken out of myself into a cave... On the wall was a big cross... Strewn across the floor were white glowing clothes and at the other end of the cave was a soldier in combats laying on the floor as if dead.. I went over to check him out.. It was me.. I was still breathing but that is it... I turned around and Jesus was stood there... Have to say he did not look impressed lol.. I walked over to Him and kissed His feet... I even saw the holesin His ankles... I asked Him "Lord are you going to heal him?".. He said nothing.. Instead He walked over to the soldier (me).. Picked me up on His shoulder and carried me out of the cave.. Outside the cave was a river.. And He carried me upstream against the fast flowing current... At that point I had an intense feeling of joy and love spread across my body.. I came back to myself full of this feeling... Days later I was free of ptsd...

More stuff happened after that.. As you know from other thread..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I believe there is a God or Gods. I have no idea who it is or how to contact him though. It's frustrating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join