It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar panel installation schools?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have been looking into the different schools that offer hands on training. I am thinking of starting an installation company and was wondering if any of ats has had dealings with any of the schools out there.From what i could gather there is no real standards that everyone agrees on and you have alot of different companies hoping to become the standard in training.
top 3 solar schools

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
its not exactly hard.. anyone with basic electric and carpentry skills can go onto youtube and google and learn everything in the world about solar panels and should be able to install them easily.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've never heard of a school specializing in solar energy. My university (and others) offers a degree in renewable energy, but solar energy is only part of the program.

Solar energy seems like a great thing to get into, except the energy companies will not go down without a fight.

No one can own the sun...yet?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
cant own the sun but you can put a tax on solar panel use just like they are trying to tax electric car users since they dont buy gas :d

if they dont get you on the way in they get you on the way out

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
sounds like a niche waiting to be exploited, OP....this is how millions are made!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Yes it's easy and i have built a few systems. The power companies here prefer one to have nabcep "license" to get the gov. rebates.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
cant own the sun but you can put a tax on solar panel use just like they are trying to tax electric car users since they dont buy gas :d

if they dont get you on the way in they get you on the way out

OK since the gas tax is a tax to generate funds to fix roads. What you are proposing is that electric cars don't have to use the highway infrastructure. Just one kind of magical logic is fueling your outrage.

To the OP -

See if there are any apprenticeships in Germany. Their alternative energy production program has been so successful, that is seriously endangering the grid in germany and its neighboring countries.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well so far it looks like this school is the best i could find in the u.s.
ussolarinstitute.com...
They seem to be the leading the way as far as regulations and specifications go.

edit on 2-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join