It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Strange, Isolated Military Bases

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I left out the most obvious "secret base": Base Camp
38°18'43.40"N 116°16'39.85"W takes you to their new party shack. You can see it isn't there if you go back a bit in time .

38°19'3.34"N 116°16'38.64"W is the location of the counterpoise for the old NDB. (NDB is non-directional beacon Counterpoise is the artificial ground needed for low frequency radio transmitters in the desert soil, which has poor conductivity.)
en.wikipedia.org...

www.lazygranch.com...

Not so secret, but little known is the Marine Mountain Warfare training center.
www.mccsmwtc.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
reply to post by NavyDoc

How about AUTEC, out in the Atlantic? There's a good naval site. Testing for unspecified undersea weapons and hydrophones. Nuclear submarines.. You know, if I were to manufacture an earthquake, or a tsunami, I'd think the seabed would be a good place to attempt such a thing. A warhead in just the right place... But I digress.
AUTEC is sort of like the NORAD of the sea, a place where up to it's neck in Naval personnel.

Here's an old thread about AUTEC. Definitely not "the NORAD of the sea"...
A good training area for subs though.

It's mostly civilian run with a few military.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Pretty stately looking, right? This here is the Greenbrier Resort. Built out in the outskirts of White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, code name Greek Island.
Back in the day, this was supposed to be a site for Congress to bug out to when the end of the world came knocking, and the atomic fires began raining from the skies. Well, the day never came. They kept this thing stocked well for thirty years, waiting for an atomic war with the soviets that never came.

Then, in the nineties, it got outed by the press. Before the press incident, they didn't care that the soviets had collapsed, they were happy in keeping their shelter well stocked. And I understand why. Even if the Soviet government was dissolved, there's still quite a few loose warheads floating around because of the chaotic nature of the situation and resulting power vacuum.

I don't think they've given up on the idea of having survival bunkers, I think they were just trying to keep Greenbrier a secret so it wouldn't be attacked, and when that secrecy was over, I'd bet they just shifted where Congress would evacuate to in such a situation.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

The Greenbriar wasn't much of a secret, nor is it very deep. It was barely useful, but it is hard to kill projects once established..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Not entirely secret, but a pretty cool place is located at Fairchild AFB, WA. Go to the SERE part of the base and you'll find a mock up of a POW camp. What we do there is classified, but its a cool place none the less

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Wait, didn't you already say you did SERE there? Doesn't that mean we know what goes on there? ;-)

This link goes to some interesting spots on Fort Irwin. MOUT (Military Operation Urban Training).
productforums.google.com...#!msg/gec-military/UJHPuPuD47I/8_B5fpIsGUcJ

I suspect 29 Palms has similar stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Lol true. But there are some aspects of SERE training that are classified secret. You can prob guess which parts...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

THe UFO Hunters Season 3 episode dealing with underground bases showed it. That's how I know about it, from what they said it was a bunker or smth but if you went there, no one suspected there was anything underground.

Because those who don't read such things are so far away from them, that you can show a real video clip of something, say it is a joke and fake, and they will believe you.

This is not even something top secret and yet no one would notice it... Imagine how blind people are to anything that is actually secret.

If I told you right now, there is an underground bunker beneath this building, would you believe it? No, if you never heard of it and never saw pictures of it. This is how the human thinks, the human thinking can be so shallow, that I can predict what you think and I am not even a mind reader!!!

And DIA - who have underground storage rooms for the airport needs or such, someone could do a connection to CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN, you wouldn't even know. Now should we start doubting at everything just because we haven't seen it?

Simple human logic, simple and dumb

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Actually a not so deep underground site like the Greenbrier would be fine for Al Qaeda airplanes as weapons (AKA bojinka) type attack.

The book "Angler", which covers the Dick Cheney presidency, er make that vice-presidency, talks about the VPs bunker. Unfortunately, it isn't in the index. The books mentions Raven Rock of course, which is a really hardened bunker.
en.wikipedia.org...

More interesting, on page 109, it talks about a copy of Bin Ladden's Tarnak QIla house built in Nevada and destroyed with an armed Predator drone. This was a Clinton era program, though no time frame is given. The source of the information is John Jumper:
John Jumper wiki

This was probably done on the NTTR since they weren't flying Predators anywhere else in Nevada at the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join