It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect in N. Phoenix

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.abc15.com... /news/region_phoenix_metro/north_phoenix/pd-homeowner-shoots-kills-burglary-suspect-in-n-phoenix

This is a great example of gun ownership. The homeowner did the right thing and had no other option. I do feel bad for the perp's family and any lost life is sad, but this was his third stop trying to steel something. He had to be stopped unfortunately it's permanent.

ATS please forgive me if I did not correctly post this.
edit on 1/2/1313 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Do you have a url that functions?
Not complaining just asking.
And if this story is legit (and I have no reason to think it isn't) well then thank God the home owners are ok.
Bummer for the predator - but - live by it die by it.
peace

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Fixed Link

I fixed your link, it wasn't working.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
Fixed Link

I fixed your link, it wasn't working.

Thank you. I'm still learning.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Phoenix police Officer James Holmes said the 35-year-old suspect was apparently trying to break in through a daughter's bedroom window at the home near 28th Avenue and Thunderbird Road.

The homeowner confronted the suspect who reportedly reached into his pants as if he had a weapon and was shot by the homeowner, who felt threatened, according to Holmes.

The suspect was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

link

Sorry, no sympathy from me for the intruder shot breaking into the daughter's bedroom.

Nope - *Toast Him* - and I aint talkin' Happy New Years either.

peace

edit on 2-1-2013 by silo13 because: slip

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Anyone willing to take wagers on whether or not this makes the national news?

Rest assured, my money is going toward this story being buried - FAST! Just like the recent thwarted attempt in Oregon and the perp that got the drop from an off-duty cop in that movie theatre... scrubbed!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

This is a great example of gun ownership.

Really?

Holmes said the suspect was initially seen trying to break into a pickup truck around 2 a.m. but fled when the truck's owner confronted him with a baseball bat.

Read more: www.abc15.com...

Of course we have this

The homeowner confronted the suspect who reportedly reached into his pants as if he had a weapon and was shot by the homeowner, who felt threatened, according to Holmes.

Which could not possibly never in a million years be a lie to justify the use of deadly force.

edit on 2/1/2013 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Its a good thing the home owner was armed. Who knows what this guy would have done had he not been. People like this, who have no respect for others or the law, deserve what they get. Its sad he had to die at such a young age, but thats the chance you take when you break into someones home.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

What you and every reader must realize is that the HomeOwner not only protected his daughter but had the intruder been winged as it were the state would have had to pay medical, jail prosecution jail and whilst in jail the intruder would have planned his revenge and then this situation would go full circle.... and of course we will never know the volume of Victims that will now never be Vics by this lowlifes actions.... No I don't feel sorry for this Intruders family as they have been eating and drinking other peoples sorrow and hard earned money.... IMHO....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You are correct Toast 'Em. But for me any lost life in general sucks, even if they had it coming. Trust me, I would have done the same as the homeowner and stop the threat.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

This is a great example of gun ownership.

Really?

Holmes said the suspect was initially seen trying to break into a pickup truck around 2 a.m. but fled when the truck's owner confronted him with a baseball bat.

Of course we have this

Which could not possibly never in a million years be a lie to justify the use of deadly force.

edit on 2/1/2013 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

Yes, Really!
If you feel this was a Lie, then that's your Right.
Truth is, Bad guy broke into some ones home, to comment a crime, I don't believe Bad Guy was going to take out the Trash or Wash Dishes,,, Do You?
Note to future bad guys and for yourself, cripmeister, Don't break into other persons home and don't put your hands in your pants to scratched your nether regions in Arizona, simply but your hands up and Apologize and what for the Police. Think you can remember that?

edit on 2-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The story says the intruder was breaking into the daughter bedroom window.

And then there is this story from Miami.

Naked Man Who Was Choking Dog Shot by Homeowner in Miami

I wonder what the outcome of these two events would've been had neither home owner had a firearm to defend their families?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
guy breaking into my daughters room at night,
you could change his name to swiss cheese.
No questions asked.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
killing of an intruder happens every week somewhere in the country. Sometimes it makes the national news but most times it doesn't.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Exactly. We need to be thankful that there are like minded people who can distinguish between proper gun ownership and stupid people with guns. These people made the right calls and should be proof that we need to keep our rights protected. I'm not saying we should go buy Uzi's but we need to protect ourselves from predators.
edit on 1/2/1313 by 1MrMarc because: oops

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Depending on the laws in Arizona it might have been justified anyway. My state passed a Castle Doctrine law last year that allows deadly force to be used when someone has forced their way into your home. You do not have to show that you were threatened.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wow! The overwhelming amount of responses that feel this homeowner not only did right but saved the rest of us money is a bit of a shock to me. I'm not saying I don't feel somewhat the same but I hear that the Americans who are still speaking up all feel justice was done. The average american still feels that they need to take protection into their own hands. I haven't heard much of an argument against this other than open ended week questions of moral what if's. Even the comments on the link are of general agreement.
Interesting...
edit on 2-1-2013 by Twilightgem because: errors

It also just occurred to me that in the last 3 or so months we have heard more and more often loud pop/bang noises that I am pretty sure are not backfires from cars. Until we feel safe in our quiet homes the issue of guns will not be resolved .
edit on 2-1-2013 by Twilightgem because: added thing i thought relevent

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I have no problem with shooting the guy when he was trying to break into the truck.
Doom on those that steal and break into other people's property.

No shedding of tears for a criminal turd being dispatched from here.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

He was justified.
I was LEO in AZ for some time.

He did the right thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twilightgem
Wow! The overwhelming amount of responses that feel this homeowner not only did right but saved the rest of us money is a bit of a shock to me. I'm not saying I don't feel somewhat the same but I hear that the Americans who are still speaking up all feel justice was done. The average american still feels that they need to take protection into their own hands. I haven't heard much of an argument against this other than open ended week questions of moral what if's. Even the comments on the link are of general agreement.
Interesting...
edit on 2-1-2013 by Twilightgem because: errors

Our Supreme Court has ruled that the Police have no obligation to protect an individual. (Gonzales vs Castle Rock) Since then some of our States have passed laws that make it easier for us to protect ourselves. I know it is an old cliche, but "When seconds count, the Police are minutes away." holds some truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join