It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect in N. Phoenix

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Stars for you.
Thank you for some insight and truth.

Also to Macman what is LEO mean, besides being the name of my cat that just tripped me when I went to sit and read.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Twilightgem because: correct users name

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twilightgem
reply to post by JIMC5499

Stars for you.
Thank you for some insight and truth.

Also to Macman what is LEO mean, besides being the name of my cat that just tripped me when I went to sit and read.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Twilightgem because: correct users name

LEO stands for Law Enforcement Officer.
My husband is a retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer so that is FLEO.
Great question

We also live in Phoenix

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twilightgem

The average american still feels that they need to take protection into their own hands.

If I may, I'd like to rephrase the above statement to read: The average American still believes in personal responsibility and a right to protect themselves.

As it should be! AND... as is guaranteed by the Constitution. Police are only minutes away when you only have seconds to live. Yes, some Americans are willing to outsource their personal responsibility to the government, but not the majority!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yep -- burglary is dangerous business here in AZ.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
Yep -- burglary is dangerous business here in AZ.

As it should be. It should be dangerous business EVERYWHERE. And if were made so that the cost FAR outweighed the benefit, I'd be willing to bet burglary drops significantly. It did here in Ohio when we adopted the Castle Doctrine. Ironically though, gun deaths didn't increase. Same with concealed carry... when Ohio became a "Shall issue" state, violent crimes against individuals went down and gun crime didn't increase.

Protecting people's rights to defend themselves does NOT increase crime - it reduces it as the criminals are forced to be more cautious about their intended targets.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I may be progressive, but I have no beef with the personal / responsible ownership of firearms, or weapons of any sort.
edit on 2-1-2013 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Now that is a statement worth repeating.

Ohio's law sounds like a good option for all states.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wait! Should the homeowner not have grabbed his daughter and withdrawn to a safe room where he could call the police for help?

It would have only taken them 30 minutes to get there..............

If someone is breaking into your home you should automatically assume your life is in danger. A simple punch to the head can kill and most burglars when caught, fight. They have been known to kill people to stay out of jail.

Don't have a gun? Hit them with a bat. Don't have a bat? Hit them with a fry pan. And when you do it, try to kill them. It is not only safer for yourself and your family, it is safer in Court.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am in the northern Phoenix area so, this thread has got my interest.
I just found this info about states with similar laws.

Other states with strong Castle Doctrine and stand-your-ground laws include: Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, and Washington.

link

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well I guess the lesson here is if the first guy had called the cops the guy would be in jail and not dead. It is nice to see a gun used for home defence. Although I guess a baseball bat would have worked as well. Still. at least it is justified.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm gonna sit in silence by my window at night, watching over expensive parked cars, looking for the born criminal to try n break into one..... just me n my AR-15... thats more than enough justice for his type.. there could be someones daughter in one of those cars.... criminals can kill people don't forget.. Sometimes they need to just be blown away....

Murica *;*# YEAH!

It says so in the 2ndmenmint

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Well I guess the lesson here is if the first guy had called the cops the guy would be in jail and not dead. It is nice to see a gun used for home defence. Although I guess a baseball bat would have worked as well. Still. at least it is justified.

Very true I'm sure the first guy with the truck has 20/20 hindsight now.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
1 down, a few hundred thousand to go.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilightgem

You only quoted 1 part of my comment - You failed miserably in quoting my thoughts!!! Lets finish this properly!!!

and of course we will never know the volume of Victims that will now never be Vics by this lowlifes actions....

Since you missed this let me explain.... These home Intruders don't do this kind of action once! They do it many times and with each time they are successful the greater their courage becomes and thus their actions become more bold and dangerous! I have not covered the second time looser who will face life in prison for the third strike and again become more dangerous than a corner rat when confronted by the LEO's outside when the intruder seeks hostages and finding that family hiding in a "Safe" room. In most working peoples homes there is no such thing as a "SAFE Room" as fellow ATS Member Mamatus has suggested! Me thinks he or she has watched too many movies! Most average homes a "safe room" is a spare bedroom!!!! Not very safe IMHO! Now the news will not tell you how many home invasions this deadbeat has done before this last event cause he got away with it! Nor will the news reports list his rap sheet! So yes theres money saved and home owners insurance will not increase as well!!! But that Twilightgem was only part of my point! Put it another way, here are parents who may not have to say goodbyes to their daughter by tossing a clump of dirt onto her coffin because the intruder did not want to get caught at any costs!"

So the main point you missed fellow ATS members is that no other families will have him breaking into their homes where next time the death maybe the daughter or wife and mother thus leaving little ones with out their Mother.... on Prom night.... wedding.... first breakup on that most important first love! The list of missing events by a parent is much longer as everyday that lost grows in each of the surviving family members! By the way there is also survivors guilt I have not mentioned but hopefully I don't have to go any further with this!

I hope you get the full point and next time please read the whole thought rather than the piece that fits your rebuttal!

Edited to add a response to MrSpad BASEBALL BAT?????? Are you serious???? You and Mr. "Safe House" have been watching far to many movies. Clearly you have never served to understand why season vets move away from newbies or rookies who never been under these stressful conditions! I have seen bigger men than myself (LOL when younger n fit) fold. That baseball bat just might be the instrument that kills the daughter cause getting close the intruder gives the experienced home intruder a chance to take away the bat and now has a weapon that "Dad" gave to him!
edit on 1/2/2013 by IceHappy because: Edited to add a response to MrSpad BASEBALL BAT

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Why????
The turd didn't seem deterred in any way, and would have been arrested, booked, released in 12 hours and been out at it again.

Good riddance.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceHappy
reply to post by Twilightgem

In most working peoples homes there is no such thing as a "SAFE Room" as fellow ATS Member Mamatus has suggested! Me thinks he or she has watched too many movies! Most average homes a "safe room" is a spare bedroom!!!! Not very safe IMHO!

For the record, learn to recognize irony/sarcasm...... I would kill an intruder before I retreated anywhere!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

Sorry screwed up the post.

Icehappy said
" In most working peoples homes there is no such thing as a "SAFE Room" as fellow ATS Member Mamatus has suggested! Me thinks he or she has watched too many movies! Most average homes a "safe room" is a spare bedroom!!!! Not very safe IMHO!"

Member Mamatus says; Learn to recognize sarcasm/irony. I would flat out kill anyone entering my house. There are no safe rooms.

edit on 2-1-2013 by Mamatus because: speeling

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

All rooms in my house are "safe rooms" Safe because they are defended against scum by the guns that my wife and I own. I guess you could call it a "safe house"

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is a great example of gun ownership? Reading the story, it sounds like he's just slaughtered in cold blood some poor mentally ill person.

Are you people for real? Shooting the mentally deranged is good? The mentally ill deserve death?

Every time I come to ATS my hope in humanity drops a little. Shooting a common criminal dead in cold blood is bad enough, to do it to some random crazy, probably too out of it to know any better, just smh.

You know what would happen in reasonable nations? He'd have been arrested and given the help he needs.

What the hell would Jesus say

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Could you explain how you came to the conclusion the criminal was mentally ill? What proof do you have of this complicated medical diagnosis from reading that news report?

And could you also offer what the family should have done while waiting for the police to arrive and save them?

Would you also be so kind as to address the other link I posted concerning the Miami attack where the home owner shot the criminal in the leg and was still attacked. The police arrived and they were also attacked by the criminal even after being shot. What should've been done different without the use of a firearm to save the family and pets?
edit on 2-1-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join