learn more

Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect in N. Phoenix

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Mentally ill or not he was committing a criminal act and had the capacity to cause serious harm to the man and his family, and he was incapable of causing harm because he was met with the use of deadly force, and legally so.

If you enter my house uninvited you will be making a swift exit from this plane of existence and I will sleep fine at night.

Showing sympathy for a criminal is a sign that you're mentally disturbed.
edit on 2-1-2013 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

I agree with your statement all the way up to the "showing sympathy to a criminal" part. Some people deserve sympathy. Just not in the case of breaking in to my home. Thats a death sentence. Who knows what this man was capable of? What would he have done to them had the home owner not been armed. Lets fave it, he had to have know the house was occupied. What was his intent? Thats the scary part.
Some criminals deserve sympathy. If a man is stealing food because hes hungry, I'll be sympathetic.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

Could you explain how you came to the conclusion the criminal was mentally ill? What proof do you have of this complicated medical diagnosis from reading that news report?

And could you also offer what the family should have done while waiting for the police to arrive and save them?

Earlier in the night, a neighbor said the same man was trying to break into his pickup truck. That neighbor, identified as Matt, said he went out with a baseball bat but did not confront him. Matt said the man appeared to be either "on drugs" or "crazy." He was yelling at his hand and talking loudly to himself, Matt said.

The yelling at his hand and talking loudly to himself, makes me think he's crazy. That's not sane by my standards.

I think we both probably know how this incident unfolded. Mentally ill man trying to get into a house, home owner yells at him to leave(obviously petrified, who stands back and yells at somebody to leave, just sock him in the face surely), the crazy person didn't leave, and that was enough for this scared to death man with no courage, to shoot him dead in fear.

Let's be reasonable, it's going to turn out he had no gun, probably a crackhead of some kind. The guy shot him from inside his own house because he was soft, there is nothing in this story to indicate any self control, any sort of responsible use of his weapon. Reads to me like he was a coward who got scared because some mentally ill person was trying to open his _ In blind fear, and nothing but fear, he irrationally shot the man to death. Oh he saw him reach for a gun, well i think that's something that everybody says, oh oh he was reaching for his waist. That's new. That's original. We all buy that excuse, as if he had a gun he'd be stood at the window like a lemming!

If you can't demonstrate self restraint, if you can't demonstrate composure, then you should not have a gun,you don't deserve the responsibility that comes with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

Mentally ill or not he was committing a criminal act and had the capacity to cause serious harm to the man and his family, and he was incapable of causing harm because he was met with the use of deadly force, and legally so.

If you enter my house uninvited you will be making a swift exit from this plane of existence and I will sleep fine at night.

Yes, killing petty criminals, that's what SANE people do! Taking life without remorse, that's sane.

I think you're mentally disturbed, to be frank.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Mentally ill....... Before the lovely world of political correctness we would have used the word "crazy" to describe the "mentally ill". So to make my point clear; If some "crazy" person climbs through a window or breaks into my house he may pose a serious threat. I would shoot or hit to kill. Sorry if this offends people.......

Had to add this: Aren't most mass killers "mentally ill"? All I can say is "sorry officer I did not have time to issue an IQ test as he came through the _......
edit on 2-1-2013 by Mamatus because: added stuff
edit on 2-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Burglary of an occupied dwelling is not a petty crime. Most states consider it a serious felony. So, what would you do if you woke to find a man breaking in to your daughters room? Offer him tea and crumpets?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So what should he have done? In detail please. Also waiting to address the Miami incident with the naked attacker choking the dog and then attacking the home owner trying to bite him.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Most places, an intruder in your home is the ONLY justification for deadly force that's needed
edit on 1/2/1313 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Originally posted by b3l13v3

Yes, killing petty criminals, that's what SANE people do! Taking life without remorse, that's sane.

I think you're mentally disturbed, to be frank.

How do you know a person breaking into your home while you are there, that they are going to "commit a petty crime" if they decide to threaten your life?

This guy exercised his rights properly. Please stop shilling a thread that actually had a valid use of a firearm.

I'm sorry, if you break into my home, then I will exercise my rights also.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Odd man in my daughters room in the middle of the night? Lethal force if necessary? You better believe it!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I hope your home is not the next one broken into by "some poor mentally ill person" who wished to rob you and rape your kids if you have any.

Get off your high horse and assume some personal responsibility.

The only thing bad about this story is the poor guy picked the wrong house. He was killed where he ventured but if he came to your house you could of made him some hot chocolate and you could have talked him down...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Homeowner sees his home getting robbed on remote TV and calls cops.
That's pretty effective too.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

Burglary of an occupied dwelling is not a petty crime. Most states consider it a serious felony. So, what would you do if you woke to find a man breaking in to your daughters room? Offer him tea and crumpets?
Based on his responses in my rape thread, I suspect he would hold his daughter/sister/wife/mother down until the criminal finished his business, then offer him tea and biscuits.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

I hope your home is not the next one broken into by "some poor mentally ill person" who wished to rob you and rape your kids if you have any.

Get off your high horse and assume some personal responsibility.

The only thing bad about this story is the poor guy picked the wrong house. He was killed where he ventured but if he came to your house you could of made him some hot chocolate and you could have talked him down...

We all hope that except people who have to justify owning their guns.

Soon people don't know the difference between bad and good guys.
This is where the guns present a problem. Look at you throwing veiled threats around and this is one of the good guys. How do we ever expect to win against people who want to do us harm, if there are people protecting their God given right to do so?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Reads to me like he was a coward who got scared because some mentally ill person was trying to open his _ In blind fear, and nothing but fear, he irrationally shot the man to death

You and I have two VERY different definitions of the word coward. And I hope you or your family never have to find out what I'm talking about.

link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I havent been able to have a civil conversation with him either, but I would hope he wasnt that kind of person. Invading a persons home is a serious violation of the sanctity of their home.

link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Mentally ill....... Before the lovely world of political correctness we would have used the word "crazy" to describe the "mentally ill". So to make my point clear; If some "crazy" person climbs through a window or breaks into my house he may pose a serious threat. I would shoot or hit to kill. Sorry if this offends people.......

Had to add this: Aren't most mass killers "mentally ill"? All I can say is "sorry officer I did not have time to issue an IQ test as he came through the _......
edit on 2-1-2013 by Mamatus because: added stuff

But he didn't climb through the window, he was outside the house when he was shot. The home owner killed him out fear, not necessity.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
you want 34 examples a day of bad gun ownership ?

lol

what a joke

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

It's a petty crime. I don't care what most states consider it. Most states operate prisons as a means of slave labour and have idiotic laws like 3 strikes and the death penalty.

If i caught someone breaking into my house I would beat them out of it. If required, and only if required, I would kill them.

But if I shot dead every person who tried to break into my house because I was too scared to confront them like a man, I'd have a body count of about 5

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Let me rephrase again, Damn hard making it simple for you.

Any "crazy person tries to come through my window into my house and I will stop them with lethal force......

I have been robbed in my own home. I nearly got shot chasing the guy down the road after he nearly knocked me out. Had I a gun at the time, he and his twin brother would have been done victimizing people. That's right twins. Turns out if even one has an alibi both do...... I got the plate number of the car they escaped in, the cops picked them up and let them go all in the same day.

Wanna do crimes have a twin. As for me, next time I kill first and ask questions later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join