It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling thankful that my country is always ready to protect my Family from any enemy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

And who is to blame for that? You are! I am!

People must take responsibility for their Leaders. If they are not elected then it is the peoples responsibility to change their system of Government.

To blame anyone other than ourselves is a scape goat.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

The fight is truly lost when a person is afraid of their own Leaders. I am aware that the rich and powerful do currupt our system but it is our job to fix that system.

I have been a Cold Warrior for a good part of my life and when I hear such defeatest attitudes it makes me wonder what it is I have been protecting all these years?

I cannot surrender to such defeatest attitudes. I know what the power of one person is capable of.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
Who is protecting you from your Real Enemy?

Your Zionist Government!

911 and Oklahoma for example.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

And the thread is derailed in 3... 2.... 1.....

But on a stronger tone. I feel that same feel bro. It's sad sometimes to think why do I have it so well when there are so many that don't even have half or a quarter of what I have and I'm dirt poor. Hell I have a computer and that would be a spaceship to some kids. Just imagine how many geniuses we could have on this planet of we just took care of one another. Every human is created equal it's the environment around them that chooses their fate. If only for once in humans history we realized our true intellectual capability for peace and not war or profits. It's sad to see kids who want nothing more to be the best doctor in the world flip burgers while some incompetent nut kills patients out of neglegance because he was just in it for the check and his fat cat dad put him through school. Imagine the diseases we could cure and things we could build if the world ran on passion and not profits.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I mean yeah, it comes down to I'm glad we got the baddest military in town, but I just don't think it's used strictly for 'good'. So i don't know, wtf?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

It would be wonderful if we could spend our money on just education and roads and other worth while projects. We went from WWII to the Cold War and when that ended and we were just about done helping Russia disarm it's Nukes in it's former satellite states...Boom...9/11.

All because we did not fund education in Afghanistan after we funded the covert war there against the Soviets. People there do not even know it was the U.S. that helped them get rid of the Soviets.

We have to find a balance as the current U.S. Military is so far in advance and so lethal compared to any other country or even group of countries it boggles the mind. If the current Free Electron Laser program is a success it will be possible to decrease Military Spending dramatically. There will be a huge fight in both the U.S. House and Senate as the entire U.S. Military will be restructured as the FEL will render most weapon systems unnecessary.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Nobody knows who is the "baddest". If we really tested each others top end secret stuff on each other there would be no Earth. And then who is the "baddest" that's where humans have come to a stalemate on war. Our next move destroys the Earth.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

To spend money on anything is to let in the evil that is money.

A utopia will have no money.

We will only have our resourses on Earth and what we as hive mind humans can do with them. The first step In saving the earth is reclaiming all of the wasted resources. And that means sorting through the land fills for all the metals, minerals, and other resources that were wasted. That why it pains me when stuff fails in space. We will never ever get a chance to get those resourses back they were wasted 100% in vain.
edit on 1-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

Sorry for off topic but I thought I would throw that out there.
edit on 1-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

this is such a fail thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

The U.S. Military has been for some time concentrating on Non-Nuclear Weapon Systems. It has become obvious that developing Nuclear Weapons is self defeating and weapon systems that can be used that do not have the after effect of Massive Radiation are desired.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Is this a troll thread?

You're feeling thankful that our boys are in the middle east DYING and fighting an endless war against an invisible boogey man?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yeah...right. That's what I am thankful for. You are unreal!

Just to say that is beyond disrespectful.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

It would be wonderful if we could spend our money on just education and roads and other worth while projects. We went from WWII to the Cold War and when that ended and we were just about done helping Russia disarm it's Nukes in it's former satellite states...Boom...9/11.

All because we did not fund education in Afghanistan after we funded the covert war there against the Soviets. People there do not even know it was the U.S. that helped them get rid of the Soviets.

We have to find a balance as the current U.S. Military is so far in advance and so lethal compared to any other country or even group of countries it boggles the mind. If the current Free Electron Laser program is a success it will be possible to decrease Military Spending dramatically. There will be a huge fight in both the U.S. House and Senate as the entire U.S. Military will be restructured as the FEL will render most weapon systems unnecessary.

Split Infinity

I have always thought it was strange that it was Americans that funded the Bolsheviks en 1918 while at the same time Westinghouse was manufacturing Mosin-Nagant rifles for the Czar.... The trucks used by Rommel in North Africa were built by Ford Motor Company.. Adam Opel ( a General Motors subsidiary) built the first jet powered aircraft for Germany and was paid for the damage done to the factory when it was bombed during the war... The Soviet Union was our ally during WWII and killed more German Troops than all of the other Allies combined.... They also were provided with tons of uranium and other materials needed to make nuclear weapons by the United States... The United States and Canada also supplied Communist China with weapons during WWII as did the Soviets after the war... China allowed Soviet trains to carry weapons, other military materials and advisors to North Vietnam while the U.S. was fighting the war for South Vietnam after supporting the Colonialist French who were left alone by the Japanese when they were in French Indochina during WWII... The U.S. supplied the Shah of Iran with weapons after the CIA had slipped '___' into the food of Mossadegh who was elected to office by the citizens of the country.... George H.W. Bush had given the OK the Saddam Hussein to attack Kuwait before Desert Storm.... While the Soviets were experiencing their version of the Vietnam War in Afghanistan it was the Taliban that the U.S. was supplying with Hell Fire missiles too shoot down Hind helicopters and small arms... I know this won't make any sense to anyone but it is what has been going on for the last 65 or 70 years.... There is a group of international fraternity of wealthy power brokers that this stuff does make sense to and billions of dollars for... No one in the military has died to protect anyone.... They have been used to fill the coffers of a small group of very wealthy and powerful people

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
If you want to post something like this you might want to go where the crowd is not so uh.... lets just say on the fringe and be polite about it. If you do not think the US is run by Nazis, communists, NWO, FEMA, the UN, Reptilians, the Elite, the illuminate, bigfoot, shape changing aliens, the Jews, the Queen, the Pope, clones, the anti-christ, satan, the CIA, or whatever the nutter of the week theory is then you can expect to be attacked until you conform. You will become one of them or they will tell you how stupid you are for thinking different than they do. In many ways they are exactly what their paranoid fears have them raving about. It is interesting to watch.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What about the people in other countries that DON'T feel safe with your military in THEIR country. How do you feel towards those people?

Countries with no intent on attacking America, but your country will have you believe there are big bogey men out there you need protecting from, when in fact there are no bogey men out to get you.

Yea protecting you from enemies my ass!

Oh yea, I hate Militaries of every country. I hate war. If no country had an army, there would be no paranoia of being attacked.

Sorry for my contrary opinion and Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I am sipping Champagne feeling secure in the knowledge that members of my country's Military are always on watch protecting my family. It is a good feeling being a Citizen of the U.S. and I am so greatful that members of our all volunteer Military are doing their job with utmost diligence.

This feeling is not felt when I am in another country. And I know not every person on the planet can have this feeling so I am greatful.

Split Infinity

edit on 31-12-2012 by SplitInfinity because: Did not have a subject just a topic

Funny, they protect you overseas well, but on your homeland it's a different story entirely. They are some of the best invaders and worst defenders.
I mean just look at the track record of attacks on US homelands and how they were oblivious to them until they happened.
I'd feel safer in another country occupied by the US military...no actually I wouldn't...damned insurgents...

Nothing personal by the way, just giving the facts.
edit on 1-1-2013 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Bollocks
If it was just our vote that determined the course of our country, then why are so many Wall Street Banks and Large Corporations throwing money at their potential puppets to do their bidding?

If your serious, you would be all for ending the $$$ in our election process and letting the votes of the people do the talking, instead of the marketing propaganda the machine that is the US Media.

The only thing that keeps a person down in the U.S. is a persons inaction. As a U.S. Citizen I have every tool available to me to mold my Government to what is needed. This is called a VOTE.

In this country if you do not vote and you Bitch about how things are it just shows how lazy you are. If we don't like how things are all we need to do is change it.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

In the U.S. our elected Leaders serve the interests of the People.

I stopped reading right there.
They serve the interests of the Big Wall Street Banks and Multi National Corporations.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

And who is to blame for that? You are! I am!

People must take responsibility for their Leaders. If they are not elected then it is the peoples responsibility to change their system of Government.

To blame anyone other than ourselves is a scape goat.

Split Infinity

And how would you propose we change the system when it is $$$ that does the talking?
Do you think a Wall Street Politician like Bernanke or a Corporate Congressman is going to listen to anything you have to say if it does not involve getting his or his cronies more power and wealth? Why should they listen to you?

I want Wall Street influence out of our government and have them compete the same as everyone else in the markets. Do you think any politicians are congressmen s that enjoy insider trading and making their millions would go along with that?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I am sipping Champagne feeling secure in the knowledge that members of my country's Military are always on watch protecting my family. It is a good feeling being a Citizen of the U.S. and I am so greatful that members of our all volunteer Military are doing their job with utmost diligence.

This feeling is not felt when I am in another country. And I know not every person on the planet can have this feeling so I am greatful.

Split Infinity

edit on 31-12-2012 by SplitInfinity because: Did not have a subject just a topic

I second that sentiment in up to the point that I could compare elsewhere beyond Canada or Mexico...but it is a good feeling to know, as I also believe, our Volunteer Military would stand, fight and die to keep us safe at home when called. It does leave a sense of security that is always there like a background color that isn't noticed but would never be missed if someday it vanished.

Happy New Year Split Infinity. I hope yours goes very well.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Very well said, marbles...
I agree wholeheartedly, what a place this world would b if everyone had this view..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join