It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling thankful that my country is always ready to protect my Family from any enemy.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
To the OP...

You can't be serious about feeling safe
what a warped perception you have if you place any trust in the corrupt US government and military.

I am not impressed by the "World Police" who have caused my eldest son to go to Afghanistan and fight for the US.

We are not even American and if someone gave me an all expenses paid holiday to the US, I'd decline

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

What would you have done after 9/11? Would you have done nothing?

I do not see how you could possibly label my simple Thank You to the members of the U.S. Military as warped. It is in fact you that is warped.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Not warped enough to buy the whole corrupt box and dice

It makes me sick and mad when I think about all the US military deaths.

So now my son is caught up in Americas WOT...is that fair? I am NOT and do NOT have to be glad about potentially sacrificing my son's life and leaving his two small children fatherless for a country whose citizens are so ethnocentric that they do not even know where "AUSTRIA" is.

9/11 has nothing to do with Australia or maybe it does seeing as our government is right up the US government's arse.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Members of the U.S. Military are all volunteers. They knew what they were getting into when they joined. This does not mean I do not abhore war. It is something to be avoided...still a group cannot be allowed to kill as many Americans as they did on 9/11 and get away with it.

Is your son a volunteer? If so...did he not understand what joining the military ment?

As far as Aussie troops going to Afghanistan...that was a decision by YOUR GOVERNMENT...not mine.

Split INfinity

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Anyways seems everyone else has abandoned this thread.

Over and out

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The fact you have not answered tells me something. If your son served in Afghanistan...I thak both your son and you. It is a very brave and nobel thing to do.

I want you to understand that I do not trust certain groups when they ask to use my team for an action. I am the Old Man and because I was drawn into this due to family as well as ability and my sense of Patriotism...I have been willing to huff it over rought terrain with 20 somethings which at my age is not easy even if I am in great shape.

I am wealthy and I have ZERO political aspirations. Add to this I am very good at what I do. I am needed and I should have retired 7 years ago but I kept at it because my ever revolving Team asked me to. They did so because they knew and know that I will not allow them to be used in a JOB that I find to be a possible Cluster F@#%.

The fact that I am "CIVILIAN" and salute no one also gives these young Men comfort. Still I know that there are many things that MUST be done and if they are not...very real problems will be the result.

You have to understand that although there are people who misuse our troops there are others that are there to protect them as well as get done what must be done to protect all people. If you were to witness any of this and come to understand who and what it is that is being combatted...you would be just as convinced it needs to be done.

This topic was a result of my being home and knowing that many people I know were not. I was thanking them as well as all who put it on the line for us. You may not like various Governments policies...but to say that my Thank You is somehow WARPED...well that is unfair to those who protect you...and believe me...they are doing the things that keep us safe.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia

Anyways seems everyone else has abandoned this thread.

Over and out

What a sad thing. This type of thinking occurred during Vietnam. People who were against the War made the mistake of being against the Soldiers. I remember that time well and my Military Father and I once picked up a Soldier who was walking home from the train station in the pouring rain.

Once we picked him up and he got in the car...he thanked us over and over again as he told us of people who not just drove past him but also pretended to stop only to drive away as he reached for the door.

My Father drove him right to the front door of his parents home and as we drove away my Dad said to me...Remember this...what happened to that young Man. Remember how a Soldier who was coming home from War was mistreated. Remember so you can make sure this never happens again.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by ANOK

You really have no idea what is going on out there. The vast majority of actions that are taken you will never know about. If you did have an idea I do not think you would sleep very well.

Out where? Who's actions? Why do you talk in riddles? Does it make you feel important to pretend you know something?

You have no idea what I know, where I've been, and what I've seen mate, so don't try to big up by pretending you do.

I AM one of those you are thanking BTW.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Big Up? I think not.

If you have served in a cause that has helped my country or it's soldiers then I thank you. But I think you should not personally attack a person that you have no knowledge of.

In all the time I have done work in one of my JOBS I have never heard one of these fine Soldiers ask for thanks. It is not in their nature so forgive me if I express the feeling that after reading your post and your asking for thanks...it has given a rise to doubt in my mind as far as who you claim to be or have done. If I am wrong I apologize.

I have no intention of speaking in riddles. There are things I can be specific about and things that I cannot. But I believe my topic is VERY clear and specific. I am giving thanks to the Men and Women of the U.S. Military and other Agencies that allows myself and family to have a very good sense of security and allows my family to sleep well at night knowing these people are always on guard protecting the U.S. Citizen.

I find it disheartening to read some posts that have taken my very simple topic and thank you and have turned it in to some political debate which is not was what it was ment to be. Still...everyone has a right to their opinion...at least in our countries and even if I do not agree with a person I at least respect their right to speak what they feel and believe. It is unfortunate that some do not have the same respect.

As for your thoughts that I am somehow attempting to make myself look Big...I assure you that is not my intention. I am simply speaking what I know and about things I have done as well as about the people I have done them with or know about such people doing specific acts.

I do not think that a simple thank you should be so over analyzed as my topic has been. It is just a Thank You for GOD sakes!

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join