It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you were God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
In Genesis 3, the Serpent (more accurately translated "Shinning One" told Eve, "...ye shall be as gods"

This was part of the lie that caused man to fall. This is the premise for all of the mystery teachings that were passed down through the ages, and through the secret societies, and is now manifesting in the world of advanced technology through transhumanism.

We will be like God, but it's not going to be due to our own hands.

If i am within your head and your head is within mine what does that mean?
Why would jesus say in matthew26:26
While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Just the mere thought of it is ridiculous.......how long do we live 80 years? Not long enough to even consider to bring ANYTHING to the table worth listening to............ NEXT!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Belcastro

It can be the integration of the egocentric, subjective reality with the absolute, objective reality. But if you have pride, you're delusional.

Im not alowed to be proud because i still have more to learn and i will keep learning.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I'd say i make a pretty piss poor god that cannot keep himself from slowly dying. I have lost half my intestines to bowel disease, have an enlarged heart, bad back problems, arthritis in my left knee, disjointed hips that are fused. So if this is what godhood has to offer me, I'd prefer oblivion to an eternity of this b.s.

Sorry to hear all that.

Despite all that you're serene, eh?

Yep, cuz there ain't a damn thing i can do 'bout it. If it weren't for Jesus i'd have shot myself 2 years ago. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

That's very admirable. So I guess if the OP is right and you are God then it must mean God has to live a lifetime as someone just like you in order to know what it's like to get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. So he looses himself in the illusion of being you. Indeed, of being all of us. That illusion of individuality is the ego-self. You are playing hide-and-seek with yourself.

Beyond the ego-self deep down inside all of us is the Light of Spirit. It's a miracle.

edit on 1-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro

In Genesis 3, the Serpent (more accurately translated "Shinning One" told Eve, "...ye shall be as gods"

This was part of the lie that caused man to fall. This is the premise for all of the mystery teachings that were passed down through the ages, and through the secret societies, and is now manifesting in the world of advanced technology through transhumanism.

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."

AS a wise man once said, "never read a bible verse"

Let's look at other passages on the same topic

Luke 22
"This is my body given for you, do this in remembrance of me."

I Corinthians 11:23-29 also alludes to this

point being, if you are saved, you are part of the Body of Christ meaning part of the church. The group of people who are followers of Jesus who are salt and light unto the world...it has nothing to do with being gods, or your head being in mine.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Luke 22

point being, if you are saved, you are part of the Body of Christ meaning part of the church. The group of people who are followers of Jesus who are salt and light unto the world...it has nothing to do with being gods, or your head being in mine.

Coming from a man who quoted a Bible Verse.

You are the church. The world around you is your bible.
Seek the temple Within. understand what light has to do with the nature of reality and bring that unto the world.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

You also realize that 'Satan' didn't tell them that their eyes would be open, but their 'Eye' right?
The 'eyes' wasn't plural but singular, only plural in the sense that he was including both of them, as in Adam and Eve.

edit on 1-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Luke 22

Seek the temple Within. understand what light has to do with the nature of reality and bring that unto the world.

I meant a single Bible verse...

and if you want to do that allegorical thing, then the door is open for all kinds of interpretation that is inconsistent.

The world around me is not the Bible, the Bible is the Bible. The body is the temple for the Holy Spirit...

the light that I reflect is not mine, it's God's.

We are to be salt and light unto the world...salt to prevent decay, light to reflect the hope and truth of God.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Luke 22

I meant a single Bible verse...

and if you want to do that allegorical thing, then the door is open for all kinds of interpretation that is inconsistent.

The world around me is not the Bible, the Bible is the Bible. The body is the temple for the Holy Spirit...

the light that I reflect is not mine, it's God's.

We are to be salt and light unto the world...salt to prevent decay, light to reflect the hope and truth of God.
The World around you is predetermined in the Bible. This is why i say " I view everyone and everything as a reflection of myself."

Jesus said; In matthew 25
"For i was hungry and you gave me food, i was thristy and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me."
Then the Righteous will answer him and say 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?

And jesus will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me."

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
How would you describe God in your own way?
What if the biggest secret in the Universe was that you were God?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Then I could speak a universe into existence, defy the world I created etc.

And on your quote from Jesus, again, you are taking what is written totally out of context. The heart of our deeds is to serve the poor, the needy, the forgotten etc. Again, this doesn't mean the Bible is the world around us...the Bible describes the world around us very well.

Your position is very pantheistic

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

And on your quote from Jesus, again, you are taking what is written totally out of context.

Who are you to say what's context and what isn't?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BSFC123
If I am God, how come I only perceive the things that the world shows me, rather than manifesting what I want to perceive at will?

Why do I have to eat food to keep living?

Why must I drink to not dehydrate?

It's the double split experiment. E=mc2. Energy manifests as matter.

To answer your question, you DO perceive what you want, not just what the world shows you. You can choose what to focus on, what questions to ask, what drawer to open and see what's inside.

Your body is a biomechanical device, it's not you. You are not your thoughts. If you were, then you wouldn't be able to observe your thoughts. Who is it that's observing your thoughts right now?

You can also willfully defy the laws of physics. When you pick up the glass of water, from an outside observer, one group of atoms (you) just caused another group of atoms (the water) to spontaneously levitate from the table, defying the laws of gravity by choice.

You are much more powerful than you realize. The ability to control and connect is a skill you can learn and tap into. Everything that you are, every bit of energy, existed at the big bang. You were there.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

And on your quote from Jesus, again, you are taking what is written totally out of context.

Who are you to say what's context and what isn't?

The text itself...I'm not the one who determined it...the Bible determines it...

If you read a book written in 1013 A.D. about someone riding a horse and say the guy is stupid because he's not riding a car, you're taking the work out of context.

Same goes for the Bible...you can't just take a literary work and apply whatever you context you want to it...this is why our constitution is going down the pooper...our government is just applying whatever they want to it..which loses all meaning

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Saying 'you are god' is the pinnacle, the height at the top of douchbaggery, is the ultimate form of 'the universe revolves around me', it's a very primitive, very childish, very egomaniac way of thinking.

This same line of thought is what brought about the earth being the center of the universe (at one point this was 'fact'), this same line of thought is what brought about the sun being the center of the universe (at one point this was 'fact'), this same line of thought is what brought about humans believing they were the only civilized intelligence in the universe.

No, your judgment of others beliefs being wrong and yours being right, combined with your irresistible need to tell them so, is the pinnacle of douchbaggery.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Originally posted by Razimus
Saying 'you are god' is the pinnacle, the height at the top of douchbaggery, is the ultimate form of 'the universe revolves around me', it's a very primitive, very childish, very egomaniac way of thinking.

This same line of thought is what brought about the earth being the center of the universe (at one point this was 'fact'), this same line of thought is what brought about the sun being the center of the universe (at one point this was 'fact'), this same line of thought is what brought about humans believing they were the only civilized intelligence in the universe.

No, your judgment of others beliefs being wrong and yours being right, combined with your irresistible need to tell them so, is the pinnacle of douchbaggery.

lol

This is a great example of a self refuting argument...you're judging his statement by saying his judgement is the "pinnacle of douchbaggery"

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

the Bible determines it...

That isn't even a legitimate response; but no matter, I can see where this road leads..

I would like to point out that the Bible is an inanimate object and can determine the context of nothing; it can only display what was written on it, for you, the reader, to discern and determine what it means to YOU. However, what it means to you is not what it means to somebody else. Just like the sky may be blue to you, but indigo to me. I like apples and oranges, while you may like banana's and kiwi. It's called the 'living word' isn't it? I thought that is because it has 'different strokes for different folks'?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Originally posted by BSFC123
If I am God, how come I only perceive the things that the world shows me, rather than manifesting what I want to perceive at will?

Why do I have to eat food to keep living?

Why must I drink to not dehydrate?

It's the double split experiment. E=mc2. Energy manifests as matter.

To answer your question, you DO perceive what you want, not just what the world shows you. You can choose what to focus on, what questions to ask, what drawer to open and see what's inside.

Your body is a biomechanical device, it's not you. You are not your thoughts. If you were, then you wouldn't be able to observe your thoughts. Who is it that's observing your thoughts right now?

You can also willfully defy the laws of physics. When you pick up the glass of water, from an outside observer, one group of atoms (you) just caused another group of atoms (the water) to spontaneously levitate from the table, defying the laws of gravity by choice.

You are much more powerful than you realize. The ability to control and connect is a skill you can learn and tap into. Everything that you are, every bit of energy, existed at the big bang. You were there.

What does it mean that we are just energy??

edit on 1-1-2013 by Belcastro because: fixed typo

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

the Bible determines it...

That isn't even a legitimate response; but no matter, I can see where this road leads..

I would like to point out that the Bible is an inanimate object and can determine the context of nothing; it can only display what was written on it, for you, the reader, to discern and determine what it means to YOU. However, what it means to you is not what it means to somebody else. Just like the sky may be blue to you, but indigo to me. I like apples and oranges, while you may like banana's and kiwi. It's called the 'living word' isn't it? I thought that is because it has 'different strokes for different folks'?

Any written text determines it's own context...you totally ignored my example.

Truth by definition is an exclusive thing. While preference is once thing, when you apply the relativistic worldview to truth, then truth becomes obsolete.

While the sky may be blue to me and indigo to you, there is an actual color of the sky that is there regardless of any observer. Unless you hold onto the view that nothing exists outside of observation.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Then I could speak a universe into existence, defy the world I created etc.

And on your quote from Jesus, again, you are taking what is written totally out of context. The heart of our deeds is to serve the poor, the needy, the forgotten etc. Again, this doesn't mean the Bible is the world around us...the Bible describes the world around us very well.

Your position is very pantheistic

Its like the ancient egyptians say ; That in their heart will be judged in the Afterlife and it has to be as light as a feather.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join