It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you were God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

How would you describe God in your own way?
What if the biggest secret in the Universe was that you were God?

Then I could speak a universe into existence, defy the world I created etc.

And on your quote from Jesus, again, you are taking what is written totally out of context. The heart of our deeds is to serve the poor, the needy, the forgotten etc. Again, this doesn't mean the Bible is the world around us...the Bible describes the world around us very well.

Your position is very pantheistic

Its like the ancient egyptians say ; That in their heart will be judged in the Afterlife and it has to be as light as a feather.

Actually Jesus has my back...I'm good...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

the Bible determines it...

That isn't even a legitimate response; but no matter, I can see where this road leads..

I would like to point out that the Bible is an inanimate object and can determine the context of nothing; it can only display what was written on it, for you, the reader, to discern and determine what it means to YOU. However, what it means to you is not what it means to somebody else. Just like the sky may be blue to you, but indigo to me. I like apples and oranges, while you may like banana's and kiwi. It's called the 'living word' isn't it? I thought that is because it has 'different strokes for different folks'?

Any written text determines it's own context...you totally ignored my example.

Truth by definition is an exclusive thing. While preference is once thing, when you apply the relativistic worldview to truth, then truth becomes obsolete.

While the sky may be blue to me and indigo to you, there is an actual color of the sky that is there regardless of any observer. Unless you hold onto the view that nothing exists outside of observation.

Thats why they say you see fear in quantum physicists when you bring up the measurement problem.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by Belcastro because: typo

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

And on your quote from Jesus, again, you are taking what is written totally out of context. The heart of our deeds is to serve the poor, the needy, the forgotten etc. Again, this doesn't mean the Bible is the world around us...the Bible describes the world around us very well.

Its like the ancient egyptians say ; That in their heart will be judged in the Afterlife and it has to be as light as a feather.

What if Jesus had to have a heart as light as a feather to be able to do that?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Yes, so by all means take that as your invitation to develop no personal or spiritual responsibility for yourself.. Let's sit back and let "King Jesus" take care of it all right? That's ludicrous...I've never heard a bigger lie than your deeds in life don't matter in your afterlife. Actions speak louder than words, friend.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Yes, so by all means take that as your invitation to develop no personal or spiritual responsibility for yourself.. Let's sit back and let "King Jesus" take care of it all right? That's ludicrous...I've never heard a bigger lie than your deeds in life don't matter in your afterlife. Actions speak louder than words, friend.

straw man...I didn't say I don't need to take spiritual responsibility did I? Please don't put words in my mouth. The Bible doesn't teach that our actions don't matter in the afterlife...but it does teach that we have to be stewards of what we are given, whether it be money, time, resources etc.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

straw man...I didn't say I don't need to take spiritual responsibility did I? Please don't put words in my mouth. The Bible doesn't teach that our actions don't matter in the afterlife...but it does teach that we have to be stewards of what we are given, whether it be money, time, resources etc.

People expect Jesus to be like this.

People want him to be both the most forgiving person ever, and the most vengeful person ever?

What about all of the people who never had the chance to know or meet jesus?
what does it really mean to be crucified to the world, and the world crucified to them?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

the Bible determines it...

That isn't even a legitimate response; but no matter, I can see where this road leads..

I would like to point out that the Bible is an inanimate object and can determine the context of nothing; it can only display what was written on it, for you, the reader, to discern and determine what it means to YOU. However, what it means to you is not what it means to somebody else. Just like the sky may be blue to you, but indigo to me. I like apples and oranges, while you may like banana's and kiwi. It's called the 'living word' isn't it? I thought that is because it has 'different strokes for different folks'?

Any written text determines it's own context...you totally ignored my example.

Truth by definition is an exclusive thing. While preference is once thing, when you apply the relativistic worldview to truth, then truth becomes obsolete.

While the sky may be blue to me and indigo to you, there is an actual color of the sky that is there regardless of any observer. Unless you hold onto the view that nothing exists outside of observation.

Truth is in accordance with fact and the fact of the matter is the bible is not proven to be truth which is why one must have faith and believe it to be true. Even if it were true it can still be interpreted in different ways. Like two people watching the same movie or reading the same book, the exact same visual information into two different sets of eyes will most likely lead to different interpretations of its meaning or moral.

edit on 1-1-2013 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Originally posted by Razimus
Saying 'you are god' is the pinnacle, the height at the top of douchbaggery, is the ultimate form of 'the universe revolves around me', it's a very primitive, very childish, very egomaniac way of thinking.

This same line of thought is what brought about the earth being the center of the universe (at one point this was 'fact'), this same line of thought is what brought about the sun being the center of the universe (at one point this was 'fact'), this same line of thought is what brought about humans believing they were the only civilized intelligence in the universe.

No, your judgment of others beliefs being wrong and yours being right, combined with your irresistible need to tell them so, is the pinnacle of douchbaggery.

If all these things have phi and the golden ratio, just like the universe in general and galaxies,
Then why cant some kind of extraterrestial intellegence also be out there somehow, possible made in the golden ratio or with phi in some way. What if humans werent the only things made in the image of God?
i dont claim that extraterrestials are real because i cannot prove that, but why not?

an even bigger mind melter would be what if extraterrestials had access to parrallel universes or multiversal knowledge we couldnt even comprehend? what if they had the power to be some kind of ultra-terrestial, or Inter-dimensional entity? who knows? What did the bible mean by "demonic" and or "Prophetic" Spirits? or angels? In the Bible Angels were sent as Humans sometimes.

What if there was something out there knew about quantum jumping or quantum entaglement?
or things like Quantum levitation, Quantum computing, Quantum Teleportation?
what does it mean that light or some kind of electromagnetic force holds matter together?

This Link is about light and matter it goes on about electromagnetic fields.
bouman.chem.georgetown.edu...
This link is wikipedia to Electromagnetism.
en.wikipedia.org...
This link is to wikipedia about Electromagnetic spectrum.
en.wikipedia.org...
this link is to wikipedia about Visible Light.
en.wikipedia.org...

Why do they say God is the maker of the visible and the invisible?
what kind of things are out there that our perception of reality cant sense?

Electromagnetic spectrum

electromagnetic waves.

just a bunch of random information to add.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Belcastro

It can be the integration of the egocentric, subjective reality with the absolute, objective reality. But if you have pride, you're delusional.

Im not alowed to be proud because i still have more to learn and i will keep learning.

You shouldn't have pride because you are the lowest. You are one against an infinite. Objectively speaking. Subjectively speaking, you can break it down and justify it in numerous ways, but all of that is self proclaimed and will not stand the test of time.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

It can be the integration of the egocentric, subjective reality with the absolute, objective reality. But if you have pride, you're delusional.

Im not alowed to be proud because i still have more to learn and i will keep learning.

You shouldn't have pride because you are the lowest. You are one against an infinite. Objectively speaking. Subjectively speaking, you can break it down and justify it in numerous ways, but all of that is self proclaimed and will not stand the test of time.
I dont mind being the lowest, The Father is greater than I and you are the father thats how i feel. you are telling me the infinite is against me when i seek the infinite.

I once Knew a guy named Justin Smith, we used to play guitar together he was a pretty badass drummer, this guy was the first person i ever got stoned with. I had a dream Recently where me and him were talking and i pointed at him and said. "Matthew the Apostle." and then we hugged. and he asked me "how do you know this?" and i said "tingling crown chakra."

it was sentimental to me because i hadnt seen him in the longest time, and i dont know if the last time i saw him was in another universe or timeline of the many-worlds interpretations. I now know why they say life is but a dream, within a dream, within a dream.

Why does it feel like "cant you recognize whos doing this to you?" and it turns out to be myself doing it to me on a councious observer level.
and, "Oh my God, why have you forsaken me."
what did jesus mean by that did he mean "You are God. Or Im Already Dead."?

and it turns out to be where jesus was like jacob from the show lost and time travel things mattered and it was like how daniel faraday in lost would say "whatever happened happened."
and that they were already dead.

As if jesus were predestined to be a time traveler somehow?
or other people use time-travel against him as well?

And it turns out to be the real battle of armagheddon is the battle within our minds?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BSFC123
If I am God, how come I only perceive the things that the world shows me, rather than manifesting what I want to perceive at will?

Why do I have to eat food to keep living?

Why must I drink to not dehydrate?

If you do some rethinking. Most of what you actually see is human made. The laws and system you live by are human made.

We are the kings of this world. You are just groomed to be a bystander and a resource.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I actually agree with the OP. We have to be thee God in the flesh.

If you thin about it. If there is a infinite void. Than everything that exists as finite must come from that infinite void. Because there is nothing else that could have formed our finite existence.

Why is this infinite a God?

Because the infinite is a true constant. And a true constant will never change unless it wants to. That means the infinite must have a consciousness and a will to form changes.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Great video collection, to answer your question I would say "I already Know this, and I am ashamed of myself, for not being more specific in my messages to humanity, in that they obviously didn't get "the" message" Now back to your regularly scheduled War"

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemistSwami

Great video collection, to answer your question I would say "I already Know this, and I am ashamed of myself, for not being more specific in my messages to humanity, in that they obviously didn't get "the" message" Now back to your regularly scheduled War"

I Wish that humanity didnt have to go through wars and famine and suffering, thats such a negative experience of reality. We should be trying to use the power of love to our advantage, instead of letting them use fear against ourselves. This is why we should love our Enemies.

Imagine the implications of emotions and counciousness on reality in general.

What if emotions and vibrations were the key to human evolution?
what does it mean that Medical science has established that we have 2 strands of DNA and 10 strands of 'junk' DNA, but they have not understood the purpose of that 'junk'” DNA.

what does it mean that group meditation reduces terrorism?
A new book by U.S. Army Col. Brian Rees entitled "Terrorism, Retaliation and Victory: Awaken the Soul of America to Defeat Terrorism Without Casualties" discusses a study published in the Journal of Offender Rehabilitation showing 72% reduction in international terrorism using Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's Invincible Defense Technology.The study reports that group practice of the Transcendental Meditation(TM) and TM-Sidhi program by 7,000 people decreases terrorism and international conflicts worldwide.
hinduism.about.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What i mean is that you should be able to see the world around you and without the holy bible or knowing anything about jesus and still help the poor, the needy, etc.
not just because the bible tells you to, But because it just feels right, and it should just feel good to be that way in general towards your fellow man.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You just figured out we are all part of the whole and yet exist in this space time continuim as this part of the one through choice? And in every other existance possible .
Or should I say you are remembering a truth ?
Welcome home or at least the road to it

I'll leave a drink for you on your journey just say Cody knew I was on my way.
Happy new year
edit on 1-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

your deeds do matter but i think what he is saying is that this concept that jesus has his back as dose he all is a shield from the ego to keep finding the spiritual path jesus wants for us because sometimes searching you find that your "naked" in sin as adam and eve did at least his is what i mean when i say jesus has my back no one shall be exempt from him on judgement just use the sword and shield to make your self safe we are in a war of perceptions and concepts here people im sure the human race can understand the concept of war???? right????

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That view, for me, is far to self-centered in my opinion and doesn't serve the universes biggest them: Community.

To believe we are the alpha and omega is quite a statement indeed.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What i mean is that you should be able to see the world around you and without the holy bible or knowing anything about jesus and still help the poor, the needy, etc.
not just because the bible tells you to, But because it just feels right, and it should just feel good to be that way in general towards your fellow man.

We can do the nature vs nurture debate if you like. But I guarantee you, if you raise someone with bad morals from the moment their born it will feel good for them to ignore their brothers and sisters and watch them fade away.
Nurture has more to do with your subconscious then you choose to believe. Why do you think all people have a different sense of morality? It's molded from birth. Just like we know those who speak of jesus at one time read a bible, it doesn't mean jesus himself made a difference to you, it means your nurturing from your parents/teachers presented jesus to you and because of influences in your life you admired his ways and choose his path.

I argue that if you never knew a bible, jesus, or god and were raised believing we are all robots without anyone to refute it, you would live accordingly.

This is why this whole ideal, for me, is just a bunch of self-centered wishful thinking by the egotists.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I pray for anyone who believes this mess. When you stand before God and give an account of your life, I imagine that you telling him that you believed that you and other human beings were actually God won't go over that well.

John 3:16. Seriously, forget denominations and televangelists, read the Gospels and open your heart to the Truth. You will turn away from this nonsense. I had to find Him on my own terms, I rejected people telling me what was right and wrong for years.

God bless you and open your eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join