It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What's the date? Uh oh yes I remember now : 31st December 2012^^ So must be fireworks...Case closed , next please!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Was interested until I read "filmed with an iphone through a telescope"...yeah, that should be good enough quality to make a rational opinion.

PASS.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I'm slowing reading Sleepers big thread. I would suggest this is a UFO that was destroyed by Black Ops and/or the other side of ETs.

Naww, I'm reading Wilburs Last Breakfast, and I can say with 100% authority that it's a box of corn flakes.

You can tell by the corn.

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Who are you quoting and answering there?

As the quoted section says, "Originally posted by Sublimecraft". You quoted my reply to that post. That is why I quoted it.

Seriously Phage, A Straw man argument?
You made the distinction between what one should or shouldn't be aware of.
Not me.

Seriously Slayer?

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It's a difference of opinion between two sciences.

It seems you're the one who set up the strawman. Where, in the discussion about this balloon, is there a difference of opinion between two sciences?

edit on 12/31/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Cheers for sorting this out SLAYER.....Interesting argument and an interesting explanation (Great way to tie another controversial topic) using his own logic

I really wouldn't bother trying to convince the 'true-debunkers' with any sort of rational explanation.....That's not what thy're here for.

Please lay off healthy skepticism guys.....That surely doesn't fit into these threads and there's really no need to bring it here, especially after you've been offered such a over done and well regurgitated explanation for the OP video.

See I'm at it now too.....But they still won't listen!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Where is your indignation at the 'usual suspects' that have the exact same answer for everything above the earth, being Aliens and coverups?

I don't see it.

You can forgive them for being close minded because they proffer the same desire as you. Can't have any of this logic rational thinking stuff, having an open mind is saying "It's Aliens, or I dunno." Never ever having a logical rational and sane explanation.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm out
Happy New Years

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redbin21

Cheers for sorting this out SLAYER.....Interesting argument and an interesting explanation (Great way to tie another controversial topic) using his own logic

I really wouldn't bother trying to convince the 'true-debunkers' with any sort of rational explanation.....That's not what thy're here for.

Please lay off healthy skepticism guys.....That surely doesn't fit into these threads and there's really no need to bring it here, especially after you've been offered such a over done and well regurgitated explanation for the OP video.

See I'm at it now too.....But they still won't listen!

Well at least you recognise that skepticism is healthy......Convictions create convicts, you know.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i'm sure i've read that we are going through a 'dirty' part of space add that to the whole load of trash orbiting earth faster than a speeding bullet = possible caused....maybe.

Could also be an Alien space war

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It seems you're the one who set up the strawman. Where, in the discussion about this balloon, is there a difference of opinion between two sciences?

Cut the crap

You made the distinction

Because astronomers are not meteorologists. They don't have a lot of reason to know what a bursting weather balloon would look like.

Now I'm out....
Don't drink and drive,

just drink

Heavily

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As someone who has seen this phenomenon in his own telescope, phage is exactly right. It's a weather balloon. A professional astronomer or astrophysicist does not necessarily observe the sky the way an amateur does. They don't sit outside looking at the sky as their professional observatory telescope collects data, and they certainly don't have the ability to slew a major observatory over to look at a weather balloon on a whim when they notice it by eye. An amateur like me can and does.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

There's no difference if opinion because the astronomer did not espouse an opinion of what it was except to say it was not astronomical. He was right about that. It wasn't astronomical.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
OK. This one is pretty interesting. I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but the dude who 'filmed' this called it a planet. Ummm...no. So this guy is an amateur in the strictest sense. I'd like to know what type of telescope he was using.
Also, considering the above, I doubt his technology is capable of tracking a satellite so clearly in the daytime sky.

I'm thinking this is something else entirely. Or a flat out hoax. A little skeptical of any video that cuts away midway through only to pick up exactly when the event actually takes place.

Nevertheless S&F. Off to read the thread now.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

It was shot on Dec. 20 around 5 p.m. in Sacramento, so it was December 21st somewhere in the world...

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Sometimes we are wrong. For example, I wasn't expecting such a useless comment from you, although that could be expected from some new member not used to ATS.

Fair enough.

Was that reply even on topic?

Was yours?

On topic...

I have heard a few good explanations but I hate to say it, Phage might be right

I can't think of any other plausible explanation other than something truly out of this world...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
maybe it was an alien spacecraft destroying the approaching nibiru planet

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Of course Phage is right here. That was no planet exploding. Nor was it a satellite. Nor was it a UFO probe blowing up its own mother ship.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Cut the crap

You made the distinction

Because astronomers are not meteorologists. They don't have a lot of reason to know what a bursting weather balloon would look like.

Now I'm out....
Don't drink and drive,

just drink

Heavily

I have read all your posts in this thread so far, strange nonsense about imagined disagreements between science fields and some even stranger accusations about strawmen that exists only in your head, and I am reminded that "Don't drink and post" is also an excellent advice. Happy and Sober New Year to you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
oh nevermind that damn weather balloon is always to blame
at least skeptics could come up with new stuff from their arsenal, weather balloon is so 1950's

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Of course Phage is right here. That was no planet exploding. Nor was it a satellite. Nor was it a UFO probe blowing up its own mother ship.

I was agreeing man!

Phage is right all the time, it's just his interactions are so intimidating

I learn a lot from him on various topics even though he is much more of a skeptic than I am, but without the sound minded skeptics this site would be full of speculative nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I am a believer, and a lot of the said person's explanations don't always float with me, but they're always a good reference to compare theories to.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join