It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

sacramento.cbslocal.com

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man scanning the night sky caught a sudden burst of light through his telescope. He recorded that strange sight with his smart phone...

“...I saw another object orbiting this — whatever it was up there...,” said Prychodzko.

...then returned to shoot a second video clip...

“As soon as I put the camera to the telescope it just blew up and I didn’t know what to say,” he told CBS13.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The video was allegedly taken by Elijah Prychodzko using an iPhone camera shooting through a telescope eyepiece. The original video was actually 2 clips apparently.

CBS slowed down and enlarged the videos. In the first one you can see what appears to be a smaller object circling or approaching a larger object. In the second clip, the larger object appears to explode.

No idea what it could be. Anyone know?

sacramento.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Light refraction? Really?

No.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

thats trippy, good find

o no, i hear phage coming with his debunking gun,(puts ear to the ground), and there are others coming with him. be wary

edit on 31-12-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My first thought would be a satellite being impacted by debris (something manmade, space rock, etc)

edit on 31-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

+64 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think the tiny thing orbiting the other bigger thing before it "Exploded" is pretty cool.
Have no clue what it could be but interesting none the less.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to inform us it was a swamp gas filled weather balloon shaped like a Chinese lantern mistaken for Venus.

edit on 31-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This is a rare phenomenon where swamp gas, rocks, bugs, lens flares and light refraction mix with chemtrails, causing weird looking sh!t in the atmosphere.

That's about it...

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
My first thought would be a satellite being impacted by debris (something manmade, space rock, etc)

Maybe North Korea's recently launched tumbling Satellite gave up the ghost with a little help from a "Friend"

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sooo where is the vid then?

All we get is a single frame of the 'object' blowing up... which looking at it is exactly identical to a shooting star I saw break up in the night sky above a few years back.

Err so he tried selling the footage on Craigslist a week before taking it to the media, and they (CBS) got a second opinion from a Vatican expert... oh kay..
and im assuming the reason the CBS site hasnt got any of the video on it is because Mr Prychodzko wanted to keep all rights to it which would mean he still wants to sell it.

My verdict... guy was lucky enough to capture a meteor breaking up and threw a little glitter on the story, or someone did.

Unless we get to see the entire vid thats all id say we can think it was... or any other simple explanation.

edit on 31-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!!

They blew up N. Korea's only space toy

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Interesting video and article. Honestly I have no idea what that is...

Stars and flag.

-SAP-

+62 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It sure is strange.

Not the bright object, as it's impossible to identify and could be anything, but after the "explosion" when it looks more like it was broken in pieces than exploded.

Too bad we don't have a continuous video.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to inform us it was a swamp gas filled weather balloon shaped like a Chinese lantern mistaken for Venus.

Sometimes we are wrong. For example, I wasn't expecting such a useless comment from you, although that could be expected from some new member not used to ATS.

edit on 31/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Such a shame it didn't happened on 12/21/2012 ...we would've talked about it for years!
But 10 days later, whatever that is....ok, I'll take it anyway. So what are we talking about?
S&F for catching it so fast.
edit on 31-12-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yess I love how the news guy agrees nonchalantly that it couldd be aliens.
Heh, I agree with the above interpretations and possibilities... It just goes to show how the idea of "ALIENS" is being more accepted into society.

Unless.. Slowly injecting the idea of aliens into society is a long social engineering program leading up to the next false flag. Then, not cool.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Qubert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
US probably shot down santa

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

In the link in the OP.

+43 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The news anchors are once again the most annoying part of the report. First, the goofy guy with the "woouuuuld I!" comment was really childish and not necessary. Then the "ooooo aliens!" comment followed by the childish laughter was the typical media reaction we always get, which got old a loooooong time ago. It seems any time something UN-explainable comes along, we are suddenly watching some cheesy Saturday morning kids show presented by our local news. Truly disgusting IMO.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
My first thought is a satellite being demolished by some kind of craft.

Maybe we just fed North Korea their spy satellite for lunch?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maybe it's TR-3B doing it's thing up there?

A little target practice.

Dang space rocks can be ninja like!

Even the big ones!

How much of the sky can we watch at one time?!?

Something like 4%.

I could be wrong. Someone correct me please! I think I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

All we get is a single frame of the 'object' blowing up... which looking at it is exactly identical to a shooting star I saw break up in the night sky above a few years back.

Err so he tried selling the footage on Craigslist a week before taking it to the media, and they (CBS) got a second opinion from a Vatican expert... oh kay..
and im assuming the reason the CBS site hasnt got any of the video on it is because Mr Prychodzko wanted to keep all rights to it which would mean he still wants to sell it.

My verdict... guy was lucky enough to capture a meteor breaking up and threw a little glitter on the story, or someone did.

Unless we get to see the entire vid thats all id say we can think it was... or any other simple explanation.

edit on 31-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

He was going to sell the telescope on craigslist but didnt, then caught the footage while looking through it in the night sky*

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join